• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

dragons get pay back

Started by dave@J.C., September 02, 2006, 08:28:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dave@J.C.

junction rolled up over 400 on the ground and held the bucks to something like 40 yards total offense - dragons fumbled on first drive and took a quarter to get settled down - 24 -0 at half - mercy ruled in 3rd

one thing that stood out to me is that this dragon team hits like the '03 team - the line isn't as good as that team but they're good enuf  8)

JC PIMP

footballfan

The defense certainly isn't a "soft" one. When Devin Ball, Grantel Kennedy, Julio Hernandez and the others hit a player it's legit. And Justin Cook may be the hardest hitting corner I've ever seen. The Dragons finished with 425 yards on the ground, and would have been over 500 if not for the flags. Easter finished with 78 yards, but had a 65 yard score called back. Hoof and Cook both went over 100 in the first game. Haven't heard anymore on Tony Ford, Smackover's TB/LB. Both legs were hurt and he was taken by ambulance to the ED hospital. Our thoughts go out to the young man. There were a lot of displays of good sportsmanship from both sides. One time when the Smackover QB had his bell rung, as he was staggering to the sideline he pointed to the Junction huddle and nodded "yes." I assume the Dragons had offered words of encouragement. Saw a lot of good exchanges like that. I wish JC had a game this week, but now they must prepare for a pretty good Harmony Grove team on Sept. 15.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas