• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Summary of Mineral Springs v. Norphlet.

Started by Riktors, September 01, 2006, 10:45:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Riktors

Final Score Mineral 59, Norphlet 29.

Norphlet absolutely self destructed in the second half.  There were 5 or 6 turnovers and over 200 yards of penalties, including 75 yards on a single Mineral drive.  (That one was a bull**** first call followed by 2 flags and an ejection of the Norphlet coach, whereas the mineral coach got to ***** for a while and only got 1 flag).

Good news for Norphlet is that the mistakes were correctable.  In fact, these players didn't make the same mistakes last year so I'll chalk that up to game one issues.  The defense didn't bother to take the field in the 2nd half, which is irksome.

Mineral has a really good team and their running back is a beast.  It would have been nice to see how a full game would have gone rather than Norphlet showing up for most of 1 half then packing it in.

I'm also fairly sure the game set a record for unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.

I want to be perfectly clear that the referees did not cost Norphlet the game.  Turnovers and lack of composure and playing absolute NO defense in the 2nd half cost Norphlet the game.  The referees (which I guarantee will never work another Norphlet game) didn't help though.

Mineral played well, Norphlet played badly, the referees were criminal.

muleshoe_forever

I say the AAA (or whoever is in charge)  review those refs.

75 yrds in penalties in one drive?!?!?!?!?!?!

After a review I don't think those refs will be refing in the near future...or the far future in that case.

Riktors

Quote from: muleshoe_forever on September 01, 2006, 10:52:08 pm
I say the AAA (or whoever is in charge)  review those refs.

75 yrds in penalties in one drive?!?!?!?!?!?!

After a review I don't think those refs will be refing in the near future...or the far future in that case.

Those were just the NOrphlet penalties.. Mineral had 35 yards of penalties on that drive as well.

The-Bookie

We had that same crap happen last year at Marked Tree.  That was the most horrible game I have ever seen.  Why don't they let the teams play and call the penalties for offsides and holding and whatever.  Why make up crap to call or nitpick.  Glad I didn't see this one.  I will at least get to make the next two.

muleshoe_forever

110 yrds in penalties in one drive????

You got to kidding

Riktors

Here's the summary:

15 yard personal foul on Norphlet (this is the one that was bogus, happened right in front of me)

15 yard unsports on Norphlet coach for protesting

followed 2 secs later by

15 yard unsports on Norphlet coach and he was ejected.

followed by

15 yard taunting on Mineral.

Play.

15 yard unsportman on Norphlet.

15 yard unsportsman on Mineral coach (should have been tossed as well if they tossed out Steele for the same thing and for a shorter duration)

attempted play

5 yard procedure on Mineral

15 yard unsportsman on Norphlet (should have been offsetting)

Then mineral scored I believe.

mastermind10

BAH! HA! HA! GIMME A FREAKING BREAK.  SOUNDS LIKE POOR SPORTMANSHIP, POOR COACHING, AND POOR PLAYING. GO RED GO!  GET READY YOU GOT LOTS MORE EXCUSES TO MAKE IN THE COMING WEEKS.

Riktors

Quote from: mastermind10 on September 01, 2006, 11:28:24 pm
BAH! HA! HA! GIMME A FREAKING BREAK.  SOUNDS LIKE POOR SPORTMANSHIP, POOR COACHING, AND POOR PLAYING. GO RED GO!  GET READY YOU GOT LOTS MORE EXCUSES TO MAKE IN THE COMING WEEKS.

Well, if we need some excuses I'll look you up, I hear the one you gave to your mother explaining how you failed to graduate high school was pretty good.  Something about the sun reflecting off some swamp gas which caused you to mark your tests incorrectly.

The-Bookie

Don't even pay him any attention.  Total idiot.  Think he is from Junction maybe. 

Riktors

Quote from: The-Bookie on September 01, 2006, 11:42:38 pm
Don't even pay him any attention.  Total idiot.  Think he is from Junction maybe. 

He is, but no way he graduated, I give the people of Junction more credit than that :P

CS I

An old Navy term comes to mind, Waaaaaa snivle my p*$$^ hurts. Grow upm and take your whoopin like a man. :-[

Leopard_Roar

September 02, 2006, 07:34:00 am #11 Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 07:36:09 am by Leopard_Roar
Here is my take on the game. Norphlet came out looking very sound and fundamental for a change. They had a line advantage and were doing a good job running it up the middle and mixing in some pass plays. I have never seen a Norphlet team look so composed and fundamental. Then at the first sign of trouble the heads fell and so did thier intensity. The thing Norphlet has been battling for years. They have to understand that bad things are going to happen during the course of a game, you must overcome those things. Being a blown coverage, a bad attempt at a tackle, or a bad call. Great teams overcome stumbling blocks. That same team that looked so calm and composed turned into one of the most undisciplined and unfundamental teams I have ever seen. What looked like Norphlet's biggest victory and breakout performance in many years turned into the same second half let down that has haunted this team for years. The first sign of adversity, and they lay down. Fatigue also looked to play a part in their implosion. Norphlet is in desperate need of four or five guys on the bench to step up and become football players. Turning the same 11 guys around to play defense after an offensive series is going to take a toll. Congrads to Mineral Springs for keeping their composure when things were looking bad for them. I wasn't really thrilled at their sportsmanship, but there really wasn't much of that to be found at McNutt Field Friday night from either team. Congrads also to Dustin Goodwin for playing one heck of a game for the Leoaprds. The athletic ability is there for Norphlet. If they can get their heads and hearts into the game this will be a very good team in the next few weeks. The better team won, you can not argue with a final score.

green-eagle

Well, let see the home team is responsible for the refs........the games was where at Norphlet right? I can ensure that these refs was not Homers, right?

Riktors

Quote from: green-eagle on September 02, 2006, 07:48:03 am
Well, let see the home team is responsible for the refs........the games was where at Norphlet right? I can ensure that these refs was not Homers, right?

lol, yeah, they probably hired people from Smackover :P

it really hurt game continuity.. and the game lasted over 3 hours.

Leopard_Roar

September 02, 2006, 08:49:38 am #14 Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 08:51:39 am by Leopard_Roar
I dont know who these refs were at all. By the way we were beat by a better team and great teams have to keep their heads and overcome calls no matter where the refs are from and no matter who hires them. And this same officiating crew will be doing Norphlet's next two games according to Norphlet administration. This was the first time I have ever seen this crew. No Boone, Harshaw, Big Kev, or any of the usuals.

footballfan

The lack of discipline reared its ugly head again in Norphlet.

rattlerband06

Last yrar when Murfreesboro played MS it was the same kind of ref sit.Mboro up at half time and then all the calls started and Mineral ended up winning.They made us bring in 2 of their refs that week Murfreesboro did a good job you cant win the too.That is just how it is when yo play Mineral.

Dragon I

Just wondering if fatigue played any part of the boys losing there intensity, it sounds about like the Junction City VS Gurdon game last year, they were up by three touchdowns but were grabbing there ankles and sucking wind.  It's tough to concentrate on what your supposed to do when your that tired.  Gurdon completely fell apart after halftime, and it sounds like thats about what happened to the Leopards.  I'll be in Smackover next week to see how ya'll stack up against whats left of the Buckaroo team.  There best player, (in my opinion), got taken from the field by ambulence, and you could tell the whole team was hurting.  My hope of yall being undefeated when we play is gone, but maybe undefeated in conference is possible.  Good luck the rest of the year.

Riktors

Quote from: rattlerband06 on September 02, 2006, 10:16:56 am
Last yrar when Murfreesboro played MS it was the same kind of ref sit.Mboro up at half time and then all the calls started and Mineral ended up winning.They made us bring in 2 of their refs that week Murfreesboro did a good job you cant win the too.That is just how it is when yo play Mineral.

No, Home team picks the refs, we just got the short end of the stick this time.  The refs didn't cause Norphlet to lose, mistakes and lack of composure did.  The refs sucking complete (other word for donkey) is a separate matter.

I have lots of confidence that Norphlet will improve throughout the year as they identify problems and work to correct them.  If Norphlet plays like they did in the first quarter, they can beat anybody.  If they play like they did in the third quarter, they can lose to anybody...

except Parkers Chapel.

rattlerband06

Mineral made us bring in a zebra crew last year They did not want the refs that were picked.

Leopard_Roar

Good luck to you guys also Dragon1 hopefully our problems will straighten themselves out. You guys look tough as usual.  Also I posted this earlier.....

Fatigue also looked to play a part in their implosion. Norphlet is in desperate need of four or five guys on the bench to step up and become football players.

kav

Actually guys, by AAA regs the refs must be agreed upon by both the home team and the visitors.

I pretty much agree with all said here. I could say the refs sucked or this or that but really you have to face it. We still scored enough points to win if our defense had showed up in the second half and if some key players had shown more composure. I'm sure that a team like JC does not just fold at the first sign of calls going against them. I fully expect Steele to put some backbone in these young men and to also teach them something about team discipline.

mastermind10

why would riktors say that i'm an idiot?  did he not supply the board with the facts of the game.  btw, i'm not from jc.  i just love messing with champion wannabes who have not paid the price but are always searching for excuses.  can't wait for norphlet to give jc's pourous defense its best shot.

bearpapa

+1   ;D ;D

The-Bookie

mastermind10

is that directed at me mr. bookie?  what happens in two weeks? 

Riktors

Quote from: mastermind10 on September 03, 2006, 02:45:22 pm
is that directed at me mr. bookie?  what happens in two weeks? 

Norphlet plays Woodlawn in 2 weeks so I assume it was directed at Zbear.

amehr36

Quote from: Riktors on September 02, 2006, 10:41:08 am
  If Norphlet plays like they did in the first quarter, they can beat anybody.  If they play like they did in the third quarter, they can lose to anybody...
except Parkers Chapel.

I certainly beg to differ....

mastermind10

amehr, what are thinking.  of course norphlet can and will beat all teams.  as riktors said just the other day jc has a pourous pass defense and since the leopards have one of the greatest football minds of the 21st century at the helm, surely the leopards will line up in the spread formation and pass, pass, pass and beat even jc not to mention the other teams on their schedule.  since he further stated that the only way jc can stop the pass is by pressuring the qb i'm sure the dragons will go to a two man front with 9 db's just to prove him wrong.

The-Bookie

Actually I think JC will have 3 on the line :-\  We have a while before that game so quit making everything about JC because there is a world that doesn't revolve around them I am sure. 

so the bada** leopards get beat by 30?  wow!! I thought this was their year.

paraloma

The coach should have quit arguing the call after the first flag.  Poor judgement, IMO.  It doesn't matter how bad the refs are, you aren't helping the situation after the first flag.

Norphlet CAN and probably will  be a good ball club, with a little better attitude.

That is the nicest grass I've ever seen on an Arkansas football field.  Kudos to the Norphlet maintenance crew.

footballfan

"since the leopards have one of the greatest football minds of the 21st century at the helm ...."

OMG!!!!

The-Bookie

That is a quote from an idiot that sides himself with Junction but apparently is from somewhere else and has penal envy of me :-\

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas