• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7aa East week one predictions...

Started by da_analyzer, August 23, 2006, 04:57:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

da_analyzer

Woodlawn over Hampton by 14
Dermott over Hermitage by 2
Junction City over Smackover by 21
Mineral Springs over Norphlet by 7
L.C. over Strong by 14
Bearden over Harmony Grove by 12
Cotton Valley, LA over Parkers Chapel by 24

What are ya'll's predictions for the 7aa east week one?

WonderBoy17

I heard Norphlet was scared to even play a scrimmage game.

Lord Infamous™

How does Smackover compare to last year?

the guy

kav

Quote from: Lord Infamous™ on August 23, 2006, 08:48:58 pm

Tons worse, they lost a lot of their good offensive talent. They are gonna get thrashed this year most likely.

Lord Infamous™

Quote from: kav on August 23, 2006, 10:54:51 pm

Tons worse, they lost a lot of their good offensive talent. They are gonna get thrashed this year most likely.
So we shouldnt have a problem with them?

kav

I wouldn't think so, Junction should pretty easily handle them this year.

BigPerm

Agree with all but Hermitage. Dermott goes down by 6.

Riktors

Woodlawn over Hampton by 21

As much grief as I give Woodlawn, they were probably the 4th best team in a really bad 8AA last year, just got too cocky and let Strong beat 'em.  They should handle Hampton with no problem.

Hermitage over Dermott by 7

I think Hermitage is looking to have a few more people and some more pride this year.  Dermott is one of those teams that has people who could play if only they had someone to teach them how.  Gotta give the love to the home conference team here.

Junction City over Smackover by 21

Junction will be looking for payback against Smackover.  If Junction plays as solid as they did in the quarter against Nashville, this will be a whippin'.  If they don't, it can get interesting.  Smackover will score points but I don't know if their defense will be up to the challenge.  I am NOT impressed with the Smackover QB though and Junction's real weakness is the pass.

Norphlet over Mineral Springs by 7

I look for this contest to be fairly high scoring.  Norphlet's offense will be confusing, especially for a team to face them in the first game.  What do you prepare for?  They literally can and run just about anything.  Mineral will field mostly a rushing attack so I think that Nophlet can get the 2 or 3 stops they'll need to take control of the game.  This game will be a fantastic judge to see where both teams and both conferences are at in relative strength.  This one can go either way and it'll be fun to see how it turns out.

L.C. over Strong by 21

Lafayette County sucks, but Strong has problems with desire.  Strong could win this game but I just think they're going to come out flat.  They'll need to wake up later in the year to make the playoff run in conference.

Bearden over Harmony Grove by 7

If Harmony Grove plays as terrible as they did against Strong, Bearden will definitely win this.  IF Harmony Grove eliminates the problems, they can beat Bearden pretty handily though.  Right now the edge goes to Bearden because you really have to play like crap to fumble the ball 5 times in a quarter of action.

Parkers Chapel over Cotton Valley LA by 7

Last year Parkers Chapel took a JV team down to Cotton Valley and beat their varsity team.  Cotton Valley led 14 to 0 at the half but Parkers Chapel's depth wore them out.  P.C. fields a team of over 40 players this year allowing the coach to have different offensive and defensive units.  Of course this is because they lack talent and don't know anything about the speed and power of 7AA East football.  Once they get beat up in a few games I expect to see their coach shorten the rotations so to speak to try and stop the hurting.  This game will give them a big false sense of security going into their second game of the year.  This, Hermitage and Hampton are Parkers Chapel's best chances of notching that first W in Varsity Football.

muleshoe_forever

Quote from: Riktors on August 24, 2006, 09:38:01 pm

Norphlet over Mineral Springs by 7

I look for this contest to be fairly high scoring.  Norphlet's offense will be confusing, especially for a team to face them in the first game.  What do you prepare for?  They literally can and run just about anything.  Mineral will field mostly a rushing attack so I think that Nophlet can get the 2 or 3 stops they'll need to take control of the game.  This game will be a fantastic judge to see where both teams and both conferences are at in relative strength.  This one can go either way and it'll be fun to see how it turns out.

I like you look on the game, but Mineral does have a passing attack these days which is getting better by the day.  I'll have an update on how ready it is after tonight's scrimage with DeQueen.  I say Mineral by 7.

Burto

Mineral springs must have looked bad in scrimmage

The-Bookie

My take on the MS/Norphlet game is that, I dont know anything about MS lol.  Norphlet I believe will score and move the ball.  Their offense is very good.  Defense is the big question mark this season.  I have heard the MS has a good defensive back that may give Norphlet's passing game some problems.  If that happens and MS gets some defensive scores then it might get ugly.  Everyone talks about pass with Norphlet but they have a very good rushing attack as well.  Last year they moved the ball on the ground against teams Norphlet has never moved the ball on.  Have all of those good running backs again this year and a better line.  If MS has the big boys or flood an off tackle hole with lead blockers like JC then they might be able to just line up and run over Norphlet.  No clue.  We will see next week. 

wolverine45

What's with the Parkers Chapel game. Ya'll must of not seen the game last year. I say PC wins 35-6. Cotton Valley only has one good player and thats their running back. They don't have a very good quarterback and their receivers aren't that good. Last year PC wore Cotton Valley's running back down.

Wilson

seark66

Woodlawn vs. Hampton - 21
Woodlawn'll be on a mission this year. Hampton is the first of what could be many teams to fall at the hands of the Bears.

Hermitage vs. Dermott - 12
Hermits will be much improved. Dermott is undisciplined.

Junction vs. Smackover - 20
Junction Juggernaut is back and should start their roll against Smackover.

Mineral Springs vs. Norphlet - 13
Toss up. Mineral will have better athletes, and I just don't think Norphlet will be very good.

Strong vs. L. County - 1
Well...

Harmony Grove vs. Bearden - 6
Should be a good game. I see Harmony Grove pulling it out late in the ballgame.

Parkers Chapel vs. Cotton Valley - 26
PC will be ok. They won't be totally inept...which I've been told Cotton Valley is.

Lord Infamous™

What is the date of JC's opening game?

The-Bookie

QuoteToss up. Mineral will have better athletes, and I just don't think Norphlet will be very good.
You are going to be amazed then.  I am not sure MS has better athletes this season.  Norphlet has tons of speed.  A couple of, what I call, home run guys.  Line is good this season.  If MS has a good team it will be a good game. 

Willkhitey

August 29, 2006, 08:19:26 pm #17 Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 08:21:46 pm by Willkhitey

Smacktown has come back down.

Lost 13 very talented Srs, including B. Stevens who was responsible for close to 30 TDs last season.

Then, earlier this month, Sr. WR/S Michael Lewis (6-4, 200; 600 rec yds, 8 INTs), was seriously injured in a car accident. He won't be able to play this season, we're just glad he's going to alright.

And, word 'round the campfire is that J. Martisek, who started the last two seasons at QB, isn't playing this year. Don't know the whole story behind that, so I won't speculate, but there seems to be an awful lot of this "i'm saving myself for baseball" crap coming out of Buckaroo camp these days. Poor excuse if you ask me. The last three baseball players to have any kind of career after high school (Julian Frazier, Carlos Frazier, Chris Clark) all starred on the gridiron as well.

Hopefully, though, we'll see some improvement in the coaching dept. I don't want to throw anybody under the bus here, and I certainly don't mean anything personal, but I was less than impressed with last year's staff from a tactical and a disciplinary standpoint. I'll just leave it at that.

Anyway, I'm projecting something close to a 5-5 season for the Bucks this year. 6-7 wins is possible if everything comes together, 4 or 5 is probably more likely.

Sure hope they prove me wrong, though.

kav

Ya, Norphlet had a lot of the "i'm saving myself for baseball" for awhile. I think it was more of a "i'm scared of getting tackled" though.

noel_devine7

The-Bookie

noel_devine7

The-Bookie

I am not going because it will be boring.  Norphlet by like, alot!!!

green-eagle

LC pulls a woodlawn and Strong wins by 5.............."State Champs in '08"

noel_devine7

Riktors

I'm predicting Norphlet will beat Parkers Chapel 2-0.  As all the PC players will be dead after playing Junction the previous week.

Wilson

Quote from: noel_devine7 on August 31, 2006, 08:41:12 am
We'll see Bookie, we'll see

So your not from PC....dont really have any connection to PC.......yet you talk a bunch of smack on their behalf?  Pretty much getting all the other teams from this area ready to really smack the Trojans around......you must really hate PC's players.....or you are telling a fib and you go to the school.......either way.......PC will not beat NHS or JC or Bearden.....more than likely Strong and Hermitage will beat you also.    Good luck this season.....but your expectations are completely unrealistic.

getlong07

PC will beat norphlet. somebody come with an argument to change my mind, because i haven't seen one yet.

and to say hermitage and strong will beat them, is just blasphemy. give the trojans some credit, this is their first year, but they aren't starting 8th graders. these teams are ranked below PC for a reason.

kav

OMG, these PC people make me happy to be alive. I didn't realize ignorance could exist in such abundance. It is like I've found the treasure trove of stupidity.

PC is going to get their shi!t pushed in by norphlet. End of Story.

Lord Infamous™

Quote from: calvin johnson is a beast on August 31, 2006, 07:47:30 pm
PC will beat norphlet. somebody come with an argument to change my mind, because i haven't seen one yet.

and to say hermitage and strong will beat them, is just blasphemy. give the trojans some credit, this is their first year, but they aren't starting 8th graders. these teams are ranked below PC for a reason.
Hermitage and Strong havent been playing JV (they've been playing Varsity) for a reason too

noel_devine7

I still dont have a reason why PC is going to be so bad? Ya'll keep saying Norphlet will beat them but have no excuse why or how they will

Lord Infamous™

One reason....no experience....thats why they will be so bad and dont give me this junior varsity crap. Varsity is ALOT different and they don't have a lick of experience. I have no idea about their talent but the experience is not there.

green-eagle

Quote from: Wilson on August 31, 2006, 11:42:52 am
Quote from: noel_devine7 on August 31, 2006, 08:41:12 am
We'll see Bookie, we'll see

So your not from PC....dont really have any connection to PC.......yet you talk a bunch of smack on their behalf? 

Pretty much getting all the other teams from this area ready to really smack the Trojans around......you must really hate PC's players.....or you are telling a fib and you go to the school.......either way.......PC will not beat NHS or JC or Bearden.....more than likely Strong and Hermitage will beat you also.    Good luck this season.....but your expectations are completely unrealistic.

Tell how it is, Strong will beat them.........yeah!!!!

getlong07

can anyone tell me if vincent james is still strong's qb?

and experience isn't everything, they may have no idea what's coming, but all people have the ability to adapt... i'm not gonna sit here and try to tell you that PC is going to take down junction or murfeesboro, but they are gonna get a few W's.

thebigshot

August 31, 2006, 10:44:17 pm #34 Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 10:47:29 pm by TheBigShot

Thats why you don't do crack or meth. It makes you say crazy things like "PC WILL BEAT NORPHLET."  Norphlet has a lot of speed and talent on their team, and I think they will have a good year this year. They will kill PC, you can dream all you want and I hope its a nice dream but when you wake up from the dream. All the PC players are going be in bed for couple weeks recovering..... By the way Norphlet is going to rape PC without the condom on.  ;D

getlong07

"All the PC players are going be in bed for couple weeks recovering"

are you kidding me? does norphlet have Sean Taylor at safety? is Dwight Freeney gonna be starting at end?
No. They don't.

Dragon I

O.K. Chapel, all any of you are doing is showing that you are completely football ignorant.  If you need a reason why the trojans will lose to everyone except Cotton Valley, it is because they have a complete lack of tackling ability, and your a ONE man show.  Take the Williams kid off your team, who happens to be a great athlete but isnt coachable, and it really would be a dull season.  This isnt 7, 6, 5, or 4A football, this is small school football, play your best 11 both ways and you will stand a chance, but your not gonna wear these kids down in 2A who are used to never coming off the field, and have superior strength and a football mentality.  Strong and Hermitage WILL beat you, the Hampton game will be a good one, but I'm giving the edge to the Bulldogs. 

hothands

never thought id find myself backing norphlet. you want a reason, how about a weight room? and dont even try to tell me about pc's weight room, show me some guys benching 250+ and ill change my views. a great coach can also help a team beat teams that are better than they are. i dont think thye will have to worry about that playing pc though...

thebigshot

Who is the biggest player that PC has on there team ?!

thebigshot

September 01, 2006, 12:56:15 pm #39 Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 01:28:31 pm by TheBigShot
Quote from: calvin johnson is a beast on September 01, 2006, 07:11:48 am

"All the PC players are going be in bed for couple weeks recovering"

are you kidding me? does norphlet have Sean Taylor at safety? is Dwight Freeney gonna be starting at end?
No. They don't.

Norphlet has more talent and more skill players than PC. They also have more speed that is going to hurt PC. What does PC have that will beat Norphlet ?! If they want to beat Norphlet or Juction City this year get on Steriods because thats the only way PC will beat JC and Norphlet this year.

Dragon I

It's also probably the only way Norphlet could beat JC.  Take your own advice.

getlong07

September 01, 2006, 04:35:43 pm #41 Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 04:42:43 pm by calvin johnson is a beast
well they have a backfield that's solid. a 5'10" 200 pounder being recruited by louisiana tech, with enough speed to get the job done. the receivers are dismal, but with the personel they have, they really don't need them. their defense is...well..there. haha i'm just trying to convey that even though they probably won't have a winning record, they will have a solid first year.

i think we're all in agreement that JC is a powerhouse, but don't put norphlet in that boat just yet, because they would get demolished by JC the same way.

AND for the record, what does meth have anything to do with PC football?

getlong07

true, Williams gave the basketball coach heck out at PC, but i think he has come around as an athlete and a person, and is gonna take what the coach says and put it to use. only time will tell i guess??

thebigshot

Quote from: TheBigShot on August 31, 2006, 10:44:17 pm

Thats why you don't do crack or meth. It makes you say crazy things like "PC WILL BEAT NORPHLET."  Norphlet has a lot of speed and talent on their team, and I think they will have a good year this year. They will kill PC, you can dream all you want and I hope its a nice dream but when you wake up from the dream. All the PC players are going be in bed for couple weeks recovering..... By the way Norphlet is going to rape PC without the condom on.  ;D
Quote from: calvin johnson is a beast on September 01, 2006, 04:35:43 pm
well they have a backfield that's solid. a 5'10" 200 pounder being recruited by louisiana tech, with enough speed to get the job done. the receivers are dismal, but with the personel they have, they really don't need them. their defense is...well..there. haha i'm just trying to convey that even though they probably won't have a winning record, they will have a solid first year.

i think we're all in agreement that JC is a powerhouse, but don't put norphlet in that boat just yet, because they would get demolished by JC the same way.

AND for the record, what does meth have anything to do with PC football?

you said PC will beat Norphlet !!! You are on drugs if you think PC can beat Norphlet this year in football.  What does PC has that will make them beat Norphlet ?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas