• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7aa west

Started by THE BIG BANG, August 08, 2006, 11:16:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

THE BIG BANG

what do yall think the out come of the 7aa west will be

OUTLAWnuttmustgo

Quote from: rattler51 on August 09, 2006, 05:15:36 pm
Murfreesboro and Mineral at either 1st or second then Dierks or Mount Ida for third or fourth, but i honestly want the top 4 to go like this

1.Murfreesboro
                             2.Mineral Springs
                             3.Mount Ida
                             4.Dierks
You  Mineral to finish 2nd?

UGH

RazorWall

Quit dreaming Dierks #1

MS_hornet_06

Without Nava all ya'll have is defence.  The question is: Is Dierks defense good enough to keep the other team from scoring more points than Dierks' horrible offense

whoknows

Quote from: MS_hornet_06 on August 10, 2006, 07:43:38 pm
Without Nava all ya'll have is defence. 

you keep thinking that...

mmhmm

dierks will still b good

RazorWall

It wouldn't matter if Dierks didn't even to play offense on M'boro last year. Defense did the work. I would also be willing to bet we avg. more points on offense and allowed fewer than any team in  the conf. last year.

RazorWall

ok...I can go with you on that. But Dierks will not be a team to be over looked this year. You don't go from playing for the State Championship to be the runt of the league. IMO Dierks will finish no lower than 2nd, but more than likely 1st.

MS_hornet_06

Quote from: whoknows on August 10, 2006, 08:51:32 pm
Quote from: MS_hornet_06 on August 10, 2006, 07:43:38 pm
Without Nava all ya'll have is defence. 

you keep thinking that...

You may have Greene to take over qb spot, but that takes away your best recieve to catch the ball.

MS_hornet_06

Quote from: The Judge on August 10, 2006, 11:17:10 pm
ok...I can go with you on that. But Dierks will not be a team to be over looked this year. You don't go from playing for the State Championship to be the runt of the league. IMO Dierks will finish no lower than 2nd, but more than likely 1st.

Did Augusta not go from state-runner up in 2001 to finishing 5-4 and missing the playoffs in 2002.  Check the record books on that one.

RazorWall

You check the facts. Augusta's coach left, and he was pretty much the only thing that held the team together. Coach Bennett is still here, and there are totally different situations surround both teams.

In other words Apple meet Orange

CS I

August 15, 2006, 07:41:41 am #11 Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 07:45:07 am by CS I

[It is great to see that over the last couple of years MS has provided cause for debate. Lets not forget that MS dominated the 7aa west (35 consecutive bun warmers to those whose memories are short). Swammy CS I predicts another great run for the next 6 or 7 years.  ]

CS I

Murfreesboro and Mineral at either 1st or second then Dierks or Mount Ida for third or fourth, but i honestly want the top 4 to go like this

1.Murfreesboro
                             2.Mineral Springs
                             3.Mount Ida
                             4.Dierks

Someone check this guys temp.

RazorWall

7aa West was weak all of those years. The past 2 years and this year will be the toughest the west has been in recent years.

MULESHOE

who were the weak teams

rattlerband06

You know Dierks has a few good years and it really goes to their heads!Murfreesboro is back to the talented team and the traditon of winning.Dierks has lost their Q.B and They are not going to be as good all their talent graduated.This is Murfreesboro's year.

CS I

It is evident that rattler51 is having delusions of grandeur. Take a deep breath and repeat after me; "the rattlers may win 3 games this year. Say that 10 times and maybe you will come back to reality. If that doesn't work my daughter has some ruby slippers you can click together 3 times.  ;D

RazorWall

Dierks is the ONLY team in this years Conf. with a State Title in football...Not 1...but 3 State Championships, and most recently a runner-up. I know Mineral has 1 runner-up and M'boro has 2 Runner-up's..but it looks to me like Dierks has all the tradition

pigskin1

I thought 1975 was Dierk's only recognized state championship?  When did they win the other two?

Nashville_05

Quote from: The Judge on August 15, 2006, 11:11:11 am
7aa West was weak all of those years. The past 2 years and this year will be the toughest the west has been in recent years.
Just because Dierks was weak doesn't mean the whole conference was weak.  Mineral was by far the best team during that time period.  They beat quality Gurdon teams, quality Foreman teams with Cedric Cursh, and quality Murfreesboro teams with Josh Holcombe.  I would go so far to say that there is not one athlete in the 7AA-West right now that is better than either of those gentlemen I just named.  You just think the West is tougher now because Dierks is on top and that makes them look better saying the league is tougher.  I wish you would look at it more objectively, and quit being a biased homer.

paraloma

Quote from: pigskin1 on August 16, 2006, 09:20:06 pm
I thought 1975 was Dierk's only recognized state championship?  When did they win the other two?

Myths.

CS I

Mineral Springs will be again the undisputed butt kicker of the 7aa West.

rattlerband06

Quote from: CS I on August 17, 2006, 11:26:05 am
Mineral Springs will be again the undisputed butt kicker of the 7aa West.

what a dream world you live in

frodo20

Murfreesboro is going to suprise those of you who think you know what to expect.

muleshoe_forever

Quote from: CS I on August 15, 2006, 07:50:08 am

1.Murfreesboro
                             2.Mineral Springs
                             3.Mount Ida
                             4.Dierks

Someone check this guys temp.

Temp. has been checked....107......that explains the delusions.  Good call on checking the temp.

rattlerband06

With all the bad luck Dierks is having Sounds like it is going to be between three teams Murfreesboro.Mineral and Mt. Ida,With Murfreesboro and Mt ida I belive have the most talent.Mineral's record against Turley is not impressive.

THE BIG BANG

y'all better never underestimate a team just because they lost a QB they looked pretty dang good last night at the scrimmage

Hoopdaddy35

Im tired of hearing Dierks is the best...or Mboro is the best...how bout we wait til the season starts then judge whos best? Everybody has their opinion on whos best and it just be kept to yourself for now....goodluck to everyone in the 7aaw. ;)

whoknows

Quote from: Hoopdaddy35 on August 24, 2006, 08:44:47 pm
Im tired of hearing Dierks is the best...or Mboro is the best...how bout we wait til the season starts then judge whos best? Everybody has their opinion on whos best and it just be kept to yourself for now....goodluck to everyone in the 7aaw. ;)

go cry to your momma...this is a forum for people to talk about their teams...if you dont like it...go play barbie dolls...

Hoopdaddy35

whoknows

THE BIG BANG

so after everbody has got to see a little bit of some of the teams whats is yalls out look on the 7aa west now

rattler51

oh well,i think that murfreesboro will be excellent, i think dierks will still be good,mt ida i heard they were very impressive, and mineral is really good so to tell you the truth i cant tell you the outcome of the 7AA west but its gonna be a good year for football in 7AA west!  Go Rattlers!

THE BIG BANG

that is what i like to hear  hard nose hard hiting football

Hoopdaddy35

thats the great thing about our conference...its always a fight to win...unlike other conferences :(

RazorWall

What team do you rep.?

Hoopdaddy35

boro, why? do you have a remark?

Burto

August 25, 2006, 11:39:46 pm #37 Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 11:42:03 pm by Burto
Tonight I watched Murfreesboro play centerpoint...........I dont know what to take from the game.............of coarse they looked very impressive ..............I will say that the only teams that has a chance to stop there offense is the teams in 7AAW.........There Defense needs some work.........but whos doesn't...........I was impressed with the talent of the skilled postitions............reminded me of Dierks 2 years ago.............This team is the real deal.......I can't see them getting worse than the number 2 seed..........Dierks can stop this team..........We are one of the few teams that can.

panther07

Quote from: Burto on August 25, 2006, 11:39:46 pm
Tonight I watched Murfreesboro play centerpoint...........I dont know what to take from the game.............of coarse they looked very impressive ..............I will say that the only teams that has a chance to stop there offense is the teams in 7AAW.........There Defense needs some work.........but whos doesn't...........I was impressed with the talent of the skilled postitions............reminded me of Dierks 2 years ago.............This team is the real deal.......I can't see them getting worse than the number 2 seed..........Dierks can stop this team..........We are one of the few teams that can.

agreed....and if they play well against dierks they may have a shot to pull out a number 1 seed

RazorWall

Who is the Home Run threat? Last year other than Olukuwon they had NO speed, and he's gone...so who now?

RazorWall

Also...Who wouldn't look good aganist CP....Decatur?

FOOTLOOSE

im from dierks and i seen mt ida play the other night.  they looked good, big and had a little speed

Burto

Quote from: The Judge on August 26, 2006, 03:35:48 am
Who is the Home Run threat? Last year other than Olukuwon they had NO speed, and he's gone...so who now?
White, Jackson,Motley......all three.....white is the most gifted .......Motley has the size..........and Jackson has the heart.

Burto

Quote from: The Judge on August 26, 2006, 03:36:39 am
Also...Who wouldn't look good aganist CP....Decatur?
You are right about that...but thats why I said "I dont know what to take from the game" even though it was CP I could tell there timing was excellent.

RazorWall

A good defensive pass rush will do wonders on screwing up timing routes.  ;)

RHF

Quote from: The Judge on August 26, 2006, 12:05:09 pm

So you finally agree...  a 7-on-7 championship equals bird shat.

Hoopdaddy35

THE BIG BANG

to tell you the truth i was not that impressed with murffeesburo yeah they looked good for the team they was playing but cp d really was not that good plus i was looking more at things like the lineman's footwork not very good at all not in that good of shap as a whole team they looked pretty winded in the 4th but overall they will be a all right team but they were not as impressive as they looked

RazorWall

Quote from: RHF on August 26, 2006, 12:30:36 pm
Quote from: The Judge on August 26, 2006, 12:05:09 pm

So you finally agree...  a 7-on-7 championship equals bird shat.

Its like saying a state championship in track will make you have a good football team. Just because your the best team at basketball or baseball or track or 7 on 7 or whatever it might be doesn't mean it will carry over to football. 7 on 7 is prolly the closest thing that could carry over but it isn't an automatic given. Do you realize that Dierks was the BEST team in the state that participated in 7 on 7...even all the way up to 7A. I mean really think about that and let it soak in. Its hard to fathom a 2A school beating 7A schools in ANYTHING. Now I don't think that Dieirks could win the 7A football state championship...But I do think that they could kick the "shat" out of Mineral and out of Murfressboro...(just like they have the last 4 years).

Hoopdaddy35

wasnt their like 10 teams in that tournament? last i checked their were more than 10 football teams in the state of arkansas.  They won out of the teams that competed.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas