• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top Prospects for Class of 2011

Started by DARK HORSE, January 08, 2009, 01:29:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DARK HORSE

January 08, 2009, 01:29:32 pm Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 08:45:54 am by DARK HORSE
The sophmore class this year in AR is loaded with talent.
This group already grades out pretty high.
Darion Griswold 6'5" 230# Dumas
Kyle Madden 6"4" 180# East Poinsett County
Hunter Mickelson 6'9" 180# Westside
Rickey Thomas 6'2" ?#  L.R. Central
Gram Parker 6'3' ?# Rogers
David Rivers 6' 5" 160# Hall
Aaron Ross 6'7" 205# P.A.   

Are there any more in that class that will show up the next couple of years?

rammer

Isn't Micah Delph from Conway in this class? He is very good.

Coach Jacobs, GCT

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't David Rivers play for Little Rock Hall? 

DARK HORSE

Quote from: Coach Jacobs, HWH on January 09, 2009, 10:28:43 am
Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't David Rivers play for Little Rock Hall? 
Coach You Are Correct He is #15 for LRH. My mistake.

Wahls

I'm pretty sure it's "Kye" Madden. I haven't seen any of those guys, but I hear more good things about Griswold, Mickelson and Madden.

DARK HORSE

I see Griswold pretty regular, he is good but he doesnt start most of the time, Dumas has a good many srs.
Would like to see the others play especially Ross, I think he's already a verbal commit to U of A.

theHammer

Aaron Ross transferred to Parkview, and is putting together quite an impressive year.

sportslover_2

Quote from: rammer on January 09, 2009, 10:19:17 am
Isn't Micah Delph from Conway in this class? He is very good.

Yes Delph is a sophmore this year

Basketball15

Quote from: DARK HORSE on January 08, 2009, 01:29:32 pm
The sophmore class this year in AR is loaded with talent.
This group already grades out pretty high.
Darion Griswold 6'5" 230# Dumas
Kyle Madden 6"4" 180# East Poinsett County
Hunter Mickelson 6'9" 180# Westside
Rickey Thomas 6'2" ?#  L.R. Central
Gram Parker 6'3' ?# Rogers
David Rivers 5'10" 160# J.A. Fair
Aaron Ross 6'7" 205# P.A.   

Are there any more in that class that will show up the next couple of years?
Rivers plays for hall and he isnt5 10 hes about 6'5

Baller Fan35

Quote from: DARK HORSE on January 08, 2009, 01:29:32 pm<br />The sophmore class this year in AR is loaded with talent.<br />This group already grades out pretty high.<br />Darion Griswold 6'5" 230# Dumas<br />Kyle Madden 6"4" 180# East Poinsett County<br />Hunter Mickelson 6'9" 180# Westside<br />Rickey Thomas 6'2" ?#  L.R. Central<br />Gram Parker 6'3' ?# Rogers<br />David Rivers 6' 5" 160# Hall<br />Aaron Ross 6'7" 205# P.A.   <br /><br />Are there any more in that class that will show up the next couple of years?<br />
Riverview has two Sophmores:

Taylor Smith - 6'4 point/combo guard and DJ Teagues 6'7 big man

ilikebasketball

Quote from: Baller Fan35 on February 09, 2009, 02:24:58 pm<br />
Quote from: DARK HORSE on January 08, 2009, 01:29:32 pm<br />The sophmore class this year in AR is loaded with talent.<br />This group already grades out pretty high.<br />Darion Griswold 6'5" 230# Dumas<br />Kyle Madden 6"4" 180# East Poinsett County<br />Hunter Mickelson 6'9" 180# Westside<br />Rickey Thomas 6'2" ?#  L.R. Central<br />Gram Parker 6'3' ?# Rogers<br />David Rivers 6' 5" 160# Hall<br />Aaron Ross 6'7" 205# P.A.   <br /><br />Are there any more in that class that will show up the next couple of years?<br />
<br />Riverview has two Sophmores:<br /><br />Taylor Smith - 6'4 point/combo guard and DJ Teagues 6'7 big man<br />
those two are good but not on the level of the others listed.

Baller Fan35

Quote from: ilikebasketball on February 13, 2009, 05:27:17 pm<br />
Quote from: DARK HORSE on January 08, 2009, 01:29:32 pm<br />The sophomore class this year in AR is loaded with talent.<br />This group already grades out pretty high.<br />Darion Griswold 6'5" 230# Dumas<br />Kyle Madden 6"4" 180# East Poinsett County<br />Hunter Mickelson 6'9" 180# Westside<br />Rickey Thomas 6'2" ?#  L.R. Central<br />Gram Parker 6'3' ?# Rogers<br />David Rivers 6' 5" 160# Hall<br />Aaron Ross 6'7" 205# P.A.   <br /><br />Are there any more in that class that will show up the next couple of years?<br />
<br />Riverview has two Sophmores:<br /><br />Taylor Smith - 6'4 point/combo guard and DJ Teagues 6'7 big man<br />
<br />those two are good but not on the level of the others listed. <br />

ilike---have you seen the two sophomores play this year for Riverview?  The Smith kid is on point! The big man still has some room for improvement but they are going to be tough to handle over the next couple of years.  They definitely can compete with the top prospects of 2011.  If you don't get a chance to seem this this year...check them out on the AAU circuit this summer.

Ty

This could be the most talented group to come out of Arkansas ever.

Add Sheton Baird, who is averaging 24 points a game in the 7A-West.

ilikebasketball

Quote from: Baller Fan35 on February 14, 2009, 11:23:17 am<br />
Quote from: DARK HORSE on January 08, 2009, 01:29:32 pm<br />The sophomore class this year in AR is loaded with talent.<br />This group already grades out pretty high.<br />Darion Griswold 6'5" 230# Dumas<br />Kyle Madden 6"4" 180# East Poinsett County<br />Hunter Mickelson 6'9" 180# Westside<br />Rickey Thomas 6'2" ?#  L.R. Central<br />Gram Parker 6'3' ?# Rogers<br />David Rivers 6' 5" 160# Hall<br />Aaron Ross 6'7" 205# P.A.   <br /><br />Are there any more in that class that will show up the next couple of years?<br />
<br /><br />ilike---have you seen the two sophomores play this year for Riverview?  The Smith kid is on point! The big man still has some room for improvement but they are going to be tough to handle over the next couple of years.  They definitely can compete with the top prospects of 2011.  If you don't get a chance to seem this this year...check them out on the AAU circuit this summer.<br />
i have seen them 2 or 3 times. not impressed with the big kid. doesnt have many good moves or good hands. but he is 6'7.. smith could be really good but neither are on the level of those other mentioned at this point.

Baller Fan35

Quote from: ilikebasketball on March 01, 2009, 09:23:58 pm<br />
<br /><br />ilike---have you seen the two sophomores play this year for Riverview?  The Smith kid is on point! The big man still has some room for improvement but they are going to be tough to handle over the next couple of years.  They definitely can compete with the top prospects of 2011.  If you don't get a chance to seem this this year...check them out on the AAU circuit this summer.<br />
i have seen them 2 or 3 times. not impressed with the big kid. doesnt have many good moves or good hands. but he is 6'7.. smith could be really good but neither are on the level of those other mentioned at this point.<br />
Dark Horse--I agree with your comments on the big man from Riverview.  He has a long way to go to get at the level of the other big guys.  Now, Taylor Smith, I believe he should be consider in with the other group.  He has carried his team this year while not really having the freedom and supporting cast as the other guys in the 2011 class. I was told that he led his team in scoring, rebounds, assist, and steals this year while playing point guard.  This is what you want in a player (Diversity). I believe over the next two years he will grow into a heck of a player.
I also like David Rivers from Hall.  I believe he will also be a heck of a player.  I believe he was being overlooked on his AAU team because of the other so called big names.

DARK HORSE

Quote from: Baller Fan35 on March 05, 2009, 06:55:51 pm
Quote from: ilikebasketball on March 01, 2009, 09:23:58 pm<br />
i have seen them 2 or 3 times. not impressed with the big kid. doesnt have many good moves or good hands. but he is 6'7.. smith could be really good but neither are on the level of those other mentioned at this point.<br />
Dark Horse--I agree with your comments on the big man from Riverview.  He has a long way to go to get at the level of the other big guys.  Now, Taylor Smith, I believe he should be consider in with the other group.  He has carried his team this year while not really having the freedom and supporting cast as the other guys in the 2011 class. I was told that he led his team in scoring, rebounds, assist, and steals this year while playing point guard.  This is what you want in a player (Diversity). I believe over the next two years he will grow into a heck of a player.
I also like David Rivers from Hall.  I believe he will also be a heck of a player.  I believe he was being overlooked on his AAU team because of the other so called big names.

It just goes to show that an individuals success in a team sport such as basketball depends on your teamates and their quality and idea of team play, it can also depend on how the kids are coached as a team, how well the head coach gets them to be unselfish and self sacrificing for the team, and how well the players know their particular role on a given team. Anytime (at the high school level) you have a guy 6' 7" that has decent athletic ability and drive and your point guard is outrebounding him, in my opinion you have a problem, it may be in the kids personality and drive or it could be a coaching issue, without knowing the situation its only speculation at best. Sometimes these high school coaches dont really know how to promote a player properly, or arent willing to put in the extra time it takes to do so. I sometimes wonder how many possible great players have been overlooked or gone relatively unoticed due to being in a program that doest get into post season play or the kid doesnt have the time to be in AAU ball due to location or being involved in more than one sport. Sometimes its about luck, just being in the right place at the right time. Smith is a very good player, a smart player with a very good motor, hard combo to beat wouldnt you say.

luxora4life

Demoine Brown - Rivercrest without a doubt should be on this lists.  He average 20 and 8 this year and was name all state this season. As a freshman last year move up in the district tournament against the same very talented Osceola team you seen this year and put up 15 - 8 and 4 assist in about 15-20 minutes.  Put up very impressive number in a close lost to Riverview this year in Newport.  Was scheduled to go head up with Mr. Madden and Mickleson this year but the game was cancelled. 

At 6'0 165-170 he play the 4 postion on his very small team and lead team in scoring (over 600 points) and rebound (over 200) but could easily play the 1 or 2 with his speed, passing ability and basketball I.Q.  He has D-1 written all over him in basketball and football as he total 1,300 yards and 17 td from the QB, WR, and RB position.  Play all 3 position several time in the same games

Keep your eyes and ear on Rivercrest next year! 

herws

Quote from: Ty on February 23, 2009, 09:36:09 pm

The class of 1995 had 13 D 1 signees. And that is just D1. This class may be deeper than the last several to come through, but better talent played ball in the 80's and early 90's. They aren't on that level.

luxora4life

Quote from: herws on March 11, 2009, 03:15:44 pm
Quote from: Ty on February 23, 2009, 09:36:09 pm

The class of 1995 had 13 D 1 signees. And that is just D1. This class may be deeper than the last several to come through, but better talent played ball in the 80's and early 90's. They aren't on that level.

I played in the early 90's.  The basketball I'Q and fundamental may been better, but the flat out talent I'm not so sure.  The talent of some of these kids these days are unreal.  The height, speed, ball handling skills which they play the game.

herws

When this class has 13 D 1's let me know.

Ty

Delph, Mickelson, Baird, Madden, Griswold, Ross, and Rivers are expected to play together on the Wings this summer.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas