• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Awful

Started by neafbfan, May 25, 2008, 12:55:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkfballfan81

WOW!  Just have to be careful I guess...you never know what can happen.  Sounds like this coach does a great job of controlling his emotions.  I'm sure there are SEVERAL other coaches that would have reacted differently if an official had placed their hands on them.  You just have to have control of the situation and be aware of your surroundings.  Remember there are kids watching us all in these games and we are all role models whether we want to be or not.

hoopteam

They have had problems with this same referree before, just with different tourneys.  I know that he was fired from one tournament that he worked with a couple years back for doing things the wrong way as well.  Have had him call some of our games, completely wrong in the way he acts and is very partial to certain teams and kids in the LR area.  >:(

R. A.™

who is the offical and is he a AOA member?

parpar

Absolutely uncalled for, no justification.  The only time in 30+ years I ever laid hands on a coach other than breaking up a fight was one one at the Pennick Boys Club charged me and grabbed me and took a swing.

However, notice that after the ejection, the coach was "getting his two cents worth".  That was also uncalled for and we have no idea if it was two cents or the whole dollar bill.

Hitch

Wow, I think the title of this thread says it all. I am going to say the coach wasn't that innocent either. A question to ask is what did he say...

Football_Han_D_Cap

Is this the coach that got EJECTED in the first 3 minutes of the AA State Championship game?

Just in case the coach or referee needs a reminder: Their conduct affects more than just the outcome of a game.

ROLE MODEL - a person whose behavior is emulated by others

pantherblue

Quote from: parpar on May 27, 2008, 02:19:22 pm
However, notice that after the ejection, the coach was "getting his two cents worth".  That was also uncalled for and we have no idea if it was two cents or the whole dollar bill.

If the coach got 20 dollars worth it still gave the ref no right what-so-ever to put his hands on the coach period!

Missco

There also is no telling what was said. I am as hard as anyone on refs but I promise you we do not know the whole story. I bet if the truth be known they were both at fault.

pantherblue

Quote from: Missco on December 30, 2008, 01:39:55 am
There also is no telling what was said. I am as hard as anyone on refs but I promise you we do not know the whole story. I bet if the truth be known they were both at fault.

So in your opinion there are actually "words" that can give one person the right to put their hands on another person in a violent manner?

Missco

fastdrop

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas