• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My top 5 after week 12

Started by FootballFan50, November 23, 2014, 06:07:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FootballFan50

1. Charleston
2. Smackover
3. Booneville
4. Hoxie
5. ECS

Clara Allen

adaptedtigerfan

U need Prescott in there...  They smoked EC$

FootballFan50

True. I probably should have had Prescott and Hoxie at the 4 and 5 spots.

KOJACK

Quote from: FootballFan50 on November 23, 2014, 06:24:33 pm
True. I probably should have had Prescott and Hoxie at the 4 and 5 spots.
No thanks...

Proud Buckaroo

I want to know where hooten's is going to put everyone after this week..

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 23, 2014, 06:50:10 pm
I want to know where hooten's is going to put everyone after this week..

Probably drop smackover out of the top 5 :D

Proud Buckaroo

HF, that honestly wouldn't surprise me. lol.

Pastureboy21

You should put Smackover at #1. Charleston had a tough time with the power house of Lamar.

-Painted Fan-

Smackover will be ahead of Bama in Tuesday's playoff rankings.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on November 23, 2014, 07:37:55 pm

na...Them Buckaroos will be the favorites in Vegas to win the SuperBowl :D

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on November 23, 2014, 07:37:55 pm

Let me guess. Charleston should be number one in the nation?

-Painted Fan-

They would Mercy Rule the Patriots (if the NFL had a Mercy Rule).
5 sacks and 3 picks on Tom Brady.

bigcat72

Lamar's game with Smackover was a whole lot like the Arkansas Ole Miss game.  When you have 6 turnovers you are not going to win many games.  Given that though if we played Smackover 10 times they would win all 10.  I feel Smackover is 14 - 21 points better than Lamar without turnovers. As far as Lamar being a power house, there are a lot of teams that wouldn't want anything to do with them and a few of them are still playing.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on November 23, 2014, 07:45:44 pm
They would Mercy Rule the Patriots (if the NFL had a Mercy Rule).
5 sacks and 3 picks on Tom Brady.

I guess we all can live in our own personal reality.

Sick Dog

Who cares what Hootens says or any other rankings....... 2-32 does it matter? All that counts is who is number 1 when its all over with

BUCK FEVER

JUST RELEASED....USA TODAY TOP 5

#1 CHARLESTON HIGH SCHOOL (ARKANSAS)
#2  BISHOP GORMAN  HS   (L.V. NEVADA)
#3 ALLEN HIGH SCHOOL (TEXAS)
#4 DE LA SALLE HS (CALIFORNIA)
#5 BOOKER T WASHINGTON (FLORIDA)

adaptedtigerfan

nastynice

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on November 23, 2014, 08:03:03 pm

JUST RELEASED....USA TODAY TOP 5

#1 CHARLESTON HIGH SCHOOL (ARKANSAS)
#2  BISHOP GORMAN  HS   (L.V. NEVADA)
#3 ALLEN HIGH SCHOOL (TEXAS)
#4 DE LA SALLE HS (CALIFORNIA)
#5 BOOKER T WASHINGTON (FLORIDA)
Never heard of em!

BUCK FEVER

Sick Dog

cdelaney

Quote from: bigcat72 on November 23, 2014, 07:46:33 pm
Lamar's game with Smackover was a whole lot like the Arkansas Ole Miss game.  When you have 6 turnovers you are not going to win many games.  Given that though if we played Smackover 10 times they would win all 10.  I feel Smackover is 14 - 21 points better than Lamar without turnovers. As far as Lamar being a power house, there are a lot of teams that wouldn't want anything to do with them and a few of them are still playing.
I don't know of any team still playing that would be worried about playing Lamar. Name one.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: cdelaney on November 23, 2014, 08:24:50 pm
I don't know of any team still playing that would be worried about playing Lamar. Name one.

Osceola....Maybe Mayflower since they don't seem to play much defense...

cdelaney

Quote from: HF on November 23, 2014, 08:26:14 pm

those would be good games I am sure, but "wouldn't want anything to do with them"... I don't think so. Lamar lost badly to the 3 good teams they played and beat Danville 35-34.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: cdelaney on November 23, 2014, 08:33:21 pm

those would be good games I am sure, but "wouldn't want anything to do with them"... I don't think so. Lamar lost badly to the 3 good teams they played and beat Danville 35-34.

Without seeing Osceola, or knowing anything beyond some scores....I think Lamar would have beat Osceola...Mayflower vs Lamar would have been a shootout. Just my opinion though, and neither matchup will happen so we'll never know :D

bigcat72

I would put ECS in there as well.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bigcat72 on November 23, 2014, 08:58:59 pm
I would put ECS in there as well.

The jury is still out on them as far as I'm concerned...Shootout with BHG and big loss to Prescott raised flags. We'll see though if they continue winning or not :D

FNLsupporter

Actually, Osceola and Mayflower will be playing defense this Friday night. What about Lamar?? Where is their defense playing this Friday night?!  ;)

bigcat72

Just luck of the draw my friend

Pastureboy21

Quote from: FNLsupporter on November 23, 2014, 11:05:20 pm

Actually, Osceola and Mayflower will be playing defense this Friday night. What about Lamar?? Where is their defense playing this Friday night?!  ;)

Savage.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: FNLsupporter on November 23, 2014, 11:05:20 pm

Osceola may still be playing, but i dont know if their name and defense should be mentioned in the same sentence, they gave up 50 to a 2A team.

cdelaney

bigcat72

In the list of teams that Lamar could handle.

WHITEchicken

Des Arc gave up 60 to a 2a school in the State championship game last year....and probably going to give them 60 again on friday.

cdelaney

Coach Jones

My two cents.     

1. Charleston
2. Booneville
3. Smackover

Played all three.  I have not played the others.   
Smackover is the most talented of the three overall, but they might be the most penalized team in the state.  The D line is overall small but super quick.  Linebackers are very good.  The secondary does not have a weakness, but I don't think they will be able to stop Charlestons precision timing routes.   Smackover would not match up well against Booneville and the running game.  They just have too many horses, and are fine with 4 yards a play, even though they get a bunch more that that on most.
Charleston has the best player in Storey, and the best linebacker in Poskey.  Charlestons secondary is suspect at times and would have absolutely no chance at guarding the two wideouts from Smackover one on one.  In that case I'm not sure anyone in 3A could guard those guys.  The difference is that Charleston wouldn't have to over commit to stop the running game allowing them to get help to their corners. 

It will all play itself out soon.

Congrats to all for making it this far.  It is a big deal to be playing this time of year.  Enjoy it. 

All these teams are very good.  Obviously they wouldn't have the record they do.   

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Coach Jones on November 24, 2014, 10:31:51 am
My two cents.     

1. Charleston
2. Booneville
3. Smackover

Played all three.  I have not played the others.   
Smackover is the most talented of the three overall, but they might be the most penalized team in the state.  The D line is overall small but super quick.  Linebackers are very good.  The secondary does not have a weakness, but I don't think they will be able to stop Charlestons precision timing routes.   Smackover would not match up well against Booneville and the running game.  They just have too many horses, and are fine with 4 yards a play, even though they get a bunch more that that on most.
Charleston has the best player in Storey, and the best linebacker in Poskey.  Charlestons secondary is suspect at times and would have absolutely no chance at guarding the two wideouts from Smackover one on one.  In that case I'm not sure anyone in 3A could guard those guys.  The difference is that Charleston wouldn't have to over commit to stop the running game allowing them to get help to their corners. 

It will all play itself out soon.

Congrats to all for making it this far.  It is a big deal to be playing this time of year.  Enjoy it. 

All these teams are very good.  Obviously they wouldn't have the record they do.   

+1 coach.  Congrats on a great season.

adaptedtigerfan

+1 for the Coach..  Nice post.

WPWells

12th Man will join in and also give a +1 to Coach

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 24, 2014, 10:55:34 am
12th Man will join in and also give a +1 to Coach

This third person stuff is getting a little weird!

WPWells

12th Man had an identity crisis and a certain image kept popping into 12th Man's head. This was an image of a green moose

Hootie

I don't like the what if's, but Smackover could give Charleston the best game they've had in 2 years if everything falls in to place. They are that talented, but so is Storey.

BUCK FEVER

but,

Lamar loses to

charleston by 21
booneville by 24
smackover by 36..........with reserves playing most of second half.

adaptedtigerfan

Booneville lost to Charleston by 27...  Quit comparing scores. 

bigcat72

Lamar didn't turn the ball over 6 times verses Charleston or Booneville. I would give Charleston a slim edge.

adaptedtigerfan

I would love to see the Lamar/Smack game.....   I would be willing to bet that Lamar had a completely different game plan on offense for Charleston than they did for Smack.

UncleRicoWinsState

Here's the link to the Smackover/Lamar stream replay...

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/lhs-warriors

FYI, it appears the announcers have issues with Lamar's coaching, and lots of other issues in life.  I suggest muting them.  They are wildly unprofessional. 

cdelaney

Quote from: bigcat72 on November 24, 2014, 12:07:57 pm
Lamar didn't turn the ball over 6 times verses Charleston or Booneville. I would give Charleston a slim edge.
Turnovers are not like a random act of God. They usually are a result of playing against a defense that is quicker/stronger than you, or are a result of poor execution on your part, or a combination. So if you have 6 turnovers either the team you played against is just too much for you or you just played bad, either way not good reflection on your team.

bigcat72

Just puting the info out there for the score comparison folks.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: bigcat72 on November 24, 2014, 12:07:57 pm

In my opinion that speaks well for the Smackover defense........defense causes turn overs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas