• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SMACKOVER VS CHARLESTON

Started by BassMaster33, November 22, 2014, 10:11:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BassMaster33

November 22, 2014, 10:11:16 pm Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 10:15:37 pm by BassMaster33
Since all the other threads are ending up about this game, here ya go guys!  Have at it! Your very own thread!

But y'all quit comparing who scored what against ours/yours, starters!  Means nothing!

-Painted Fan-

Charleston doesn't care.
We're only looking at Osceola.

-Painted Fan-

And it's CHARLESTON
C-H-A-R-L-E-S-T-O-N

BassMaster33

TeeLee

November 22, 2014, 10:39:47 pm #4 Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 10:50:56 pm by TeeLee
Quote from: BassMaster33 on November 22, 2014, 10:15:08 pm
Quote from: -Painted Fan- on November 22, 2014, 10:14:16 pm
And it's CHARLESTON
C-H-A-R-L-E-S-T-O-N
My apologies!

Well, that's not misspelled as bad as CHUCKTOWN.  ???

KOJACK

adaptedtigerfan

No KOJACK ...  We are worried about Hoxie.8)

hoghelmet14

PREDICTION:

SMACKOVER VS CHARLESTON

ADAPTED SAYS:

CHARLESTON 42
SMACKOVER 7

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on November 22, 2014, 11:46:10 pm
PREDICTION:

SMACKOVER VS CHARLESTON

ADAPTED SAYS:

CHARLESTON 42
SMACKOVER 7

I"m not getting started in this one yet, way to early, only thing I will say is Charleston don"t have enough defense to hold Smackover to 7 points...........score board will look like a christmas tree.

adaptedtigerfan

Nah I will have to give them more if the opertunity happens..  I have Osceola 14 :)

BuckarooFire

I find that first guy to be funny.
All these feeds that says nothing about Charleston and Smackocer are being blown up with conversation on it and its not even certain yet. But now. That the feed exist.... All of a sudden Charston doesn't care ?!?
You Humor Me.

2010Tigerhaz-been

Charleston would roll Smackover

BuckarooFire

Yes roll Smackover to That 50 yardline to pick up that trophy ..roll Smackover to Boston's too order their Rings..all after they Roll out a red carpet for Smackover to walk down. So yes I agree. Charleston to "roll" Smackover fresh out the tigers teeth.

DeeGee

For a new guy you sure are making Smackover's fan's look bad. Not representing them Bucks very well there buddy. Not being mean but dang you have some pretty harsh post right out the gate. Not gonna fair well in the long run that way. Just saying.

HorseCollar

KOJACK

Quote from: BuckarooFire on November 23, 2014, 06:42:15 am
Yes roll Smackover to That 50 yardline to pick up that trophy ..roll Smackover to Boston's too order their Rings..all after they Roll out a red carpet for Smackover to walk down. So yes I agree. Charleston to "roll" Smackover fresh out the tigers teeth.
Wow...you heard it ORDER THE RINGS. Smackover has this in the bag. I guess with 4 D1's they should win it. ::)

Clara Allen

Not wanting to burst anyone's bubble here, but aren't there two more games before this possible match?   ???    You guys don't need to overlook anybody.  Ask some of the teams who are no longer in the running....

2010Tigerhaz-been

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on November 23, 2014, 08:42:13 am
Not wanting to burst anyone's bubble here, but aren't there two more games before this possible match?   ???    You guys don't need to overlook anybody.  Ask some of the teams who are no longer in the running....

Fans≠team. Why can't we talk about a possible match up without people chiming in about "overlooking" someone like we are the ones who go out and play?

nastynice

That's ok. None of the other teams left are any good anyway!

Clara Allen

Sorry to step in y'all's post toasties this morning!   I don't know anybody with more school spirit than me, so y'all just have fun with this.  Peace out Girl Scouts!

Woopig75

Smackover better score 35 to have a chance or don't show up

Proud Buckaroo

Nice post there, bro. I really do not think it's the case in this matchup.

adaptedtigerfan

What do you think it would be PB

BUCK FEVER

I think it is still to early to be concerned about charleston.

UncleRicoWinsState

If you are making assumptions without personally watching film of either team play, then your assumptions don't matter.  You can't go by what you hear or what other teams have done to each other.  Both teams have their pros and cons.  Don't assume one team will roll over the other.  If they both happen to make it to the finals, it has a chance to be a great game.  Let's just hope everyone stays healthy so we can all see it. 

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: nastynice on November 23, 2014, 09:43:12 am
Talk is cheap. We shall see

nastynice

Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on November 24, 2014, 08:16:28 pm
I'm from Booneville, I was being sarcastic since everyone assumes it will be these 2 teams.

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: nastynice on November 24, 2014, 08:18:36 pm
I'm from Booneville, I was being sarcastic since everyone assumes it will be these 2 teams.
My apologies then. Good luck to y'all in the rest of the playoffs

nastynice

Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on November 24, 2014, 08:21:20 pm
Quote from: nastynice on November 24, 2014, 08:18:36 pm
My apologies then. Good luck to y'all in the rest of the playoffs
No problem man. Good luck to you guys too.  We will both need it.

Sick Dog

If it is the two of you at leastCharleston earned or Booneville or Hoxie

Smackover Fan

I am not going to knock Charleston, they are OBVIOUSLY a powerhouse. However, I've heard players from Lamar say that Charleston is DEFINITELY underestimating Smackover. I understand IF that game happens, it will be after Smackover and Charleston both make their way through the best of the best in 3A, these teams are in the quarter finals for a reason. Strength of schedule comes up a lot, but Fordyce wasn't even the second best team in our conference and they MANHANDLED a number 1 seed from another. Junction City is our only loss, and hootens refers to them as the University of Junction City and goes on to say that ANY school in the state can send the same amount of players that Junction has on their roster, and Junction will win. Charleston is a VERY good school, and if we are fortunate enough to play them, I believe it will be a GREAT game to watch. People underestimate Smackover's speed, and intensity all the way until they line up with our boys. Lamar did it, McGehee did it, Even Bismark did it. I heard PLAYERS, not coaches, not fans, not keyboard warriors, but PLAYERS from each of these teams (Including a Lamar team which has played both schools) say that Smackover is the fastest overall team they've played, the most skilled team overall they've played, AND the most intense team they've played. You Charleston fans can continue bashing, and maybe you're right, but to right off a team that wiped the field with a team that a week ago you guys were claiming was good enough to be number 1 in any conference other than with Charleston in Booneville is just silly. I hope we all get to find out, and I hope that it is a great game like it should be. A balanced offense in Smackover meets a balanced and well coached defense in Charleston, and a pass pressuring defense meets the best passing team in the 3A. That would be awesome wouldn't it? Good luck to ALL of the remaining teams, but a little extra luck to our Smackover Buckaroos. GET 'EM BOYS!

WPWells

Show us these posts where we bash Smackover please

BassMaster33

I really hope these 2 make it to the finals! It will be one of the best games in 3AAA History.  My opinion..

irish

Like said Charleston will fall at some point what team nobody know when nobody knows but it will happen.  it might be sooner than you think!

BassMaster33

If it's going to happen before this potential (ChuckvsSmack) game, Boonvilles secondary is gonna have to play a lot  better than they did in the 1st meeting!  They're the only team (IMO) that will keep this match up from deciding our State Champ!

irish

oh I agree.  I also think if it does come to the two playing it will be a different game.  it should be a very good game. I think both teams will come to play. also Charleston's time is coming this year or next but it  will come that they go down and it might before they are ready.

BAMA#16

Charleston will be down a bit next year, but their sophomore class is loaded.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 24, 2014, 10:44:38 pm

2010Tigerhaz-been
Bench Warmer

[clap] [slap]
monkey see, monkey do. tiger see, tiger kill.

Re: SMACKOVER VS CHARLESTON
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2014, 06:29:05 am »

OLDSCHOOL82

Took him awhile but he found one!

adaptedtigerfan

I guess one post puts us all in 1. 

nastynice

If Charleston makes it to the finals the team they face will be their 3rd top 5 team they have faced. Maybe just 2 if they play Booneville twice.

If Hoxie makes it, they will have faced 3 top 5 teams.

If Booneville makes it they will have faced 4 top 5 teams.

If Smackover makes it, the game at WMS will be their 1st this year against a top 5 team. 

As of week 13 rankings.

bleudog

November 25, 2014, 01:26:22 pm #41 Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 06:20:06 pm by bleudog
Quote from: nastynice on November 25, 2014, 12:59:37 pm
If Charleston makes it to the finals the team they face will be their 3rd top 5 team they have faced. Maybe just 2 if they play Booneville twice.

If Hoxie makes it, they will have faced 3 top 5 teams.

If Booneville makes it they will have faced 4 top 5 teams.

If Smackover makes it, the game at WMS will be their 1st this year against a top 5 team. 

As of week 13 rankings.

Smackover has played a #1 this year, just wasn't a 3A #1.  ;D

nastynice

November 25, 2014, 01:46:52 pm #42 Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 02:11:47 pm by nastynice
Quote from: bleudog on November 25, 2014, 01:26:22 pm
Smackover has played a #1 this year, just wasn't a 3A #1. :-)
Smackover vs #1 2a JC.....They lost.

Booneville vs#1 4a Dardy and #1 3a team....They lost. 

TeeLee

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 25, 2014, 12:42:49 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 24, 2014, 10:44:38 pm

2010Tigerhaz-been
Bench Warmer

[clap] [slap]
monkey see, monkey do. tiger see, tiger kill.

Re: SMACKOVER VS CHARLESTON
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2014, 06:29:05 am »

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 25, 2014, 12:50:09 pm
Took him awhile but he found one!

Post 398 was just a statement, Smackover not even mentioned.
Reply #11 was just a prediction, no bashing I see.  ;D

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: nastynice on November 25, 2014, 01:46:52 pm
Quote from: bleudog on November 25, 2014, 01:26:22 pm
Smackover has played a #1 this year, just wasn't a 3A #1. :-)
Smackover vs #1 2a JC.....They lost.

Booneville vs#1 4a Dardy and #1 3a team....They lost.

Junction city would have cleaned everyones clock in 3-a this year including CHARLESTON AND BOONEVILLE........and possibly everyone in 4-a

as for as Smackover not beating any top 5 teams, I think Mcgehee and Lamar both had been in the top 5 at some point this season.

bigcat72

Lamar ended the year and will have three losses to the #1,#2 & #3 teams in 3A. Just don't know which one will end up with which ranking.

adaptedtigerfan

That's like beating Texas A&M now and saying...  They "were" in the top 5.

Proud Buckaroo

That's like you saying this..

Class 3A Bulletin Board Material / Re: Lamar at smackover
« on: November 17, 2014, 11:26:14 am »
Truth..   It has nothing to do with support for the conference.  It's the truth.  Anyways I have said all along I think Lamar will win so quit jumping the gun.

adaptedtigerfan

Go look @ my bracket and my pickem and quit reading soooo deep into what I post.

nastynice

Just accept the fact that Smackover hasn't faced anyone since week 1! That doesn't mean that aren't any good, just means we don't have a benchmark to compare to.

Prescott thought they were world beaters too, but they hadn't faced anyone yet up til that point!

When Booneville, Hoxie, or Chuckville make it to WMS, we will all know they have been tested and belong there. 

We don't know what to think about Smackover.  Just another Prescott, or maybe the real deal, we don't know.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas