• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Booneville fans...............

Started by Blue, November 22, 2014, 11:23:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue

My team got the gate from the playoffs in round 1. Last night a couple friends and myself decided the Booneville vs Prescott game would be the best game in our area so we went. We were right it was a great game by both teams. I spoke with a few Booneville fans all of which were very friendly and knew their football, but I gotta ask. The clown with the horn, what is the purpose of him? I hate seeing someone try to out shine the team, look at me look at me I have a horn. You cannot blow it during play so it has no bearing on the game, it takes away from other fans seating. I had a great experience watching these 2 fine teams play but felt embarrassed for Booneville fans because of the guy blowing the horn.

Proud Buckaroo

A Lamar fan had the same thing. He kept blowing it during play time.

nastynice

Blue, have you been to every game Booneville has played last few years?  If not, then you wouldn't understand.

The boys and Our true fans love it.

It's just like a lot of other schools who have their traditions with air horns, cowbells, or even music over the speakers(charleston).  Sorry it offended you, but it wasn't for you. 
If you(anybody) don't like it, then don't allow big plays.

Don't worry about what we do, our traditions and customs aren't for you to question!

Blue

Quote from: nastynice on November 22, 2014, 11:33:46 am
Blue, have you been to every game Booneville has played last few years?  If not, then you wouldn't understand.

The boys and Our true fans love it.

It's just like a lot of other schools who have their traditions with air horns, cowbells, or even music over the speakers(charleston).  Sorry it offended you, but it wasn't for you. 
If you(anybody) don't like it, then don't allow big plays.

Don't worry about what we do, our traditions and customs aren't for you to question!

Must have struck a nerve with the horn guy,

gold45

Quote from: Blue on November 22, 2014, 11:23:31 am
My team got the gate from the playoffs in round 1. Last night a couple friends and myself decided the Booneville vs Prescott game would be the best game in our area so we went. We were right it was a great game by both teams. I spoke with a few Booneville fans all of which were very friendly and knew their football, but I gotta ask. The clown with the horn, what is the purpose of him? I hate seeing someone try to out shine the team, look at me look at me I have a horn. You cannot blow it during play so it has no bearing on the game, it takes away from other fans seating. I had a great experience watching these 2 fine teams play but felt embarrassed for Booneville fans because of the guy blowing the horn.

It's just part of the tradition of Booneville football.  Hearing that familiar sound fuels energy to the fans and the players.  In an adrenaline fueled game, the boys depend on the crowd to help keep that adrenaline surging for 4 quarters.  When that horn blows, it's a signal to those boys on the field and the fans in the stands that the Cats have just made a big play and helps to keep the momentum in their favor.  Every team has (or should have) their own traditions and customs and the horn is just part of being a Bearcat.  The only people who typically find it annoying or embarrassing are those who aren't wearing purple and gold.  Glad you got to see a great game and got to meet some Bearcat fans.  Lots of good people in Booneville who love them some Bearcat football!

Justin Time

You went to watch a good game between two really good teams among a group of two traditionally classy fan bases and your best take away point is you didn't like a horn that was occasionally blown?  Am I missing something here?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: gold45 on November 22, 2014, 12:21:21 pm

It's just part of the tradition of Booneville football.  Hearing that familiar sound fuels energy to the fans and the players.  In an adrenaline fueled game, the boys depend on the crowd to help keep that adrenaline surging for 4 quarters.  When that horn blows, it's a signal to those boys on the field and the fans in the stands that the Cats have just made a big play and helps to keep the momentum in their favor. Every team has (or should have) their own traditions and customs and the horn is just part of being a Bearcat.  The only people who typically find it annoying or embarrassing are those who aren't wearing purple and gold.  Glad you got to see a great game and got to meet some Bearcat fans.  Lots of good people in Booneville who love them some Bearcat football!

Sooo...what you are saying is that the fans need a signal to know that a big play just got made?  So...are they watching the game? Same with the players? If that's the only purpose of the horn(I'm assuming it's that train whistle I kept hearing when they played at Lamar), then maybe the fans should stop making it a social event? Or just rely on the dude that leads the cheers to tell them what to do :D

I have no problem with the horn...Just find it interesting that you say the fans need a signal to cheer.

gold45

Quote from: HF on November 22, 2014, 01:10:51 pm

It's just part of the tradition of Booneville football.  Hearing that familiar sound fuels energy to the fans and the players.  In an adrenaline fueled game, the boys depend on the crowd to help keep that adrenaline surging for 4 quarters.  When that horn blows, it's a signal to those boys on the field and the fans in the stands that the Cats have just made a big play and helps to keep the momentum in their favor. Every team has (or should have) their own traditions and customs and the horn is just part of being a Bearcat.  The only people who typically find it annoying or embarrassing are those who aren't wearing purple and gold.  Glad you got to see a great game and got to meet some Bearcat fans.  Lots of good people in Booneville who love them some Bearcat football!

Sooo...what you are saying is that the fans need a signal to know that a big play just got made?  So...are they watching the game? Same with the players? If that's the only purpose of the horn(I'm assuming it's that train whistle I kept hearing when they played at Lamar), then maybe the fans should stop making it a social event? Or just rely on the dude that leads the cheers to tell them what to do :D

I have no problem with the horn...Just find it interesting that you say the fans need a signal to cheer.

Ya, that's exactly what I meant.  Cause I'm sure you've realized that Booneville players and fans are clueless what's going on during the game.  Which is why it is so quiet during the game (except for the socializing chatter of course) until we hear our horn and are trained to "insert cheer now"!

Or maybe you just took what I meant by signal the wrong way.

Nature Boy

Quote from: HF on November 22, 2014, 01:10:51 pm

haha.... good one HF

Blue

Quote from: Justin Time on November 22, 2014, 12:24:26 pm
You went to watch a good game between two really good teams among a group of two traditionally classy fan bases and your best take away point is you didn't like a horn that was occasionally blown?  Am I missing something here?

I went and watched a great game between 2 great teams that have great fans who know when to cheer. Me and everyone else there was annoyed by one guy who wants everyone to see him and his horn, That is basically the story.

Sick Dog

I was there and I heard a train come through every 30 minutes

Bearcatdad

Quote from: Blue on November 22, 2014, 02:27:46 pm
Quote from: Justin Time on November 22, 2014, 12:24:26 pm

I went and watched a great game between 2 great teams that have great fans who know when to cheer. Me and everyone else there was annoyed by one guy who wants everyone to see him and his horn, That is basically the story.

Blue maybe you were just annoyed because your team wasn't playi football anymore. He doesn't care about being seen.  He does it for the kids. So basically you don't have to worry about him or his horn while your team is playing basketball. You may be speaking for yourself and your friends that aren't playing as well but don't speak for everyone ;D ;D ;D ;D

-Painted Fan-

Booneville has one of the loudest, most loyal fan bases in the state. There's one gentleman that you will hear at every Bearcats game; it doesn't matter if you're in the restroom, you will hear him. My goal in every Charleston/Booneville game is to try to be as loud as he is.

nastynice

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on November 22, 2014, 03:41:28 pm
Booneville has one of the loudest, most loyal fan bases in the state. There's one gentleman that you will hear at every Bearcats game; it doesn't matter if you're in the restroom, you will hear him. My goal in every Charleston/Booneville game is to try to be as loud as he is.
Thanks Painted Fan. Some people don't understand loyal fan bases.

cdelaney

Quote from: nastynice on November 22, 2014, 03:47:58 pm
Are we talking about an air horn? What does that have to do with a loyal passionate fan base? I don't know why any fan would want or allow an air horn in their crowd. js

OLDSCHOOL82

I don't know why anyone would let a coach cuss on the sidelines!  And,  what kind of town allows dogs to get it on in the endzones during a game!

KOJACK

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 22, 2014, 04:18:13 pm
I don't know why anyone would let a coach cuss on the sidelines!  And,  what kind of town allows dogs to get it on in the endzones during a game!
Yea no doubt. Those dogs in the end zone should be reported to the AAA. There is no place for that in high school football  ::). A phantom holding call to take away 2 TD's is cool though. But then again what should I expect from a joke of an organization like the aaa and from these clowns masquerading as refs. Good win Booneville... I think that's been said. So do you guys mind moving the freak on? There were 0 post from Prescott folks in this thread before mine. So take you freakin air horn and shove it up y'all's bearcat arse...

OLDSCHOOL82

There was this one time at band camp.

macadoshis

I didnt like hearing the horn, only because it meant we were giving up big plays.  I remember when they used to fire off the cannon.  I think the horn is pretty cool.  The fans loved it as well as the players.  Ive got no problem with it.  Every school should have a special thing that is unique to them.  Thats whats fun about high school football.

OLDSCHOOL82

Mr.Fridaynight11

many have tried, but all have failed

adaptedtigerfan

I don't ever remember hearing a horn.

Mr.Fridaynight11

Quote from: cdelaney on November 22, 2014, 04:10:00 pm
Quote from: nastynice on November 22, 2014, 03:47:58 pm
Are we talking about an air horn? What does that have to do with a loyal passionate fan base? I don't know why any fan would want or allow an air horn in their crowd. js
why do they allow bottles with rocks/beans, cowbells, cheerleaders, or the band? what do any of those things have to do with a loyal fan base?

Longfellow

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 22, 2014, 07:45:16 pm
Same here. I guess Booneville didn't have many big plays.

adaptedtigerfan

No they did have a couple.   But I never heard it.  I'm bein serious this time.  Lol

WPWells

That makes three of us. 12th Man isn't being sarcastic at all, but he legitly didn't hear a horn

KOJACK

Quote from: Longfellow on November 22, 2014, 07:48:08 pm
Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 22, 2014, 07:45:16 pm
Same here. I guess Booneville didn't have many big plays.
They went 80 on y'all on a qb boot didn't they?

Longfellow

I was sitting with 12th Man at that game and I never heard any horn

thestopper

Booneville fans were good folks and they sure know their football and their role!

nastynice

November 22, 2014, 10:07:08 pm #29 Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 09:37:49 am by nastynice
Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 22, 2014, 07:49:50 pm
No they did have a couple.   But I never heard it.  I'm bein serious this time.  Lol
Someone from the Charleston administration called Booneville and told us that we couldn't bring the horn. That's why you didn't hear it.

adaptedtigerfan

What kinda horn are we talkin about here?

Bearcatdad

They can do that during regular season.  The playoffs are all controlled by AAA. Playoffs are a whole different game and noise makers are allowed.  I was told that Story's daddy didn't want his kid shook up lol.  Guess we wil see what happens in playoffs. Charleston always has home cooking going all the way down to peewee level

adaptedtigerfan

Get outta here with that crap..  U guys can't cover anybody Hoxie will beat u like a drum.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 22, 2014, 11:05:40 pm

It's a horn like on big truck.  They blow it on big plays and when they score.  Kinda like ozark shooting the gun off

gold45

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 22, 2014, 11:09:42 pm
Get outta here with that crap..  U guys can't cover anybody Hoxie will beat u like a drum.

Last week weren't you saying that Lamar would beat Smackover, Booneville would get smoked, and Hoxie would go down, Adapted?  Up until this point, it's kind of annoyed me that you were such a flagrant "hater" of the Bearcats.  However, after looking at the success rate of your picks, keep on hating on the Cats!  I'm sure Hoxie fans won't be excited to know that you are picking them to win this week though. :-\  TIGERS will roll and so will those horn blowing BEARCATS!!!

gold45

Charleston is lucky to have you, Painted Fan!  Just as Booneville is lucky to have Mr. George!  Charleston and Booneville both have an awesome, loyal fan base which is directly reflected in the continued success of their teams.

adaptedtigerfan

Well Gold45 you have been on long enough to make 19 posts...  That should be plenty of time to know how I post.  So I guess just keep getting mad.   I'm the most hated poster in Charleston and the most liked at the same time......    Good luck friday..   Ur gonna need it. 8)

gold45

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 22, 2014, 11:59:17 pm
Well Gold45 you have been on long enough to make 19 posts...  That should be plenty of time to know how I post.  So I guess just keep getting mad.   I'm the most hated poster in Charleston and the most liked at the same time......    Good luck friday..   Ur gonna need it. 8)

Ok, good.  I'm glad 19 is enough.  I couldn't find the exact number in the rule book about how many posts qualified as "enough" to call you out on your flagrant hating of the Bearcats so I've been cautiously trying to wait it out.  Regardless, it only took me less than one week on Fearless to see your posts about Smackover, Booneville, and Hoxie losing in the 2nd round to figure out you were 100% wrong.  Thing is, Charleston has an excellent program.  The Tigers and the coaching staff are truly impressive.   Which is why I am confused as to why you seem to go out of your way to "hate" on other quality programs  such as Booneville?  And for the record, annoyed and mad are entirely different.  Just like loved and hated.   

Clara Allen

Quote from: nastynice on November 22, 2014, 10:07:08 pm
Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 22, 2014, 07:49:50 pm
Someone from the Charleston administration called Booneville and told us that we couldn't bring the horn. That's why you didn't here it.
But it was brought to Lamar.  I know if we would have won, maybe we wouldn't have heard it that much, but after being at Booneville the night before and listening to it ALL NIGHT, I was pretty much over the horn on Friday!   It is a nice tradition, but crap, leave it at home!!!!

Nature Boy

Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 22, 2014, 11:11:00 pm
Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 22, 2014, 11:05:40 pm

It's a horn like on big truck.  They blow it on big plays and when they score.  Kinda like ozark shooting the gun off
[/qu

KOJACK

Honestly what's the big deal? The horn was some what annoying but so what. If that's what they do then that's what they do. If we don't like it we shouldn't have allowed big plays. That goes for every team they play IMO.

fbisgreat

Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 22, 2014, 11:07:55 pm
They can do that during regular season.  The playoffs are all controlled by AAA. Playoffs are a whole different game and noise makers are allowed.  I was told that Story's daddy didn't want his kid shook up lol.  Guess we wil see what happens in playoffs. Charleston always has home cooking going all the way down to peewee level
Why would Storey be shook up he wasn't on defense giving up the big plays.He was warming up on the sidelines to make big plays aganist the cats which he did all night.

adaptedtigerfan

I can see Gold45 and I are gonna be best friends!!!!  8)

In the words of Justin Timberlake..... Cry me a river!!

OLDSCHOOL82

If y'all want to hear something annoying, play Lincoln and those soccer horns or whatever they are that blow constantly!

neds

adaptedtigerfan

-Painted Fan-

I have a Vuvuzela (2 actually- one black, one yellow, but only bring the black one to the games).
I rarely use it. I think it's been blown once this season (Booneville game).

-Painted Fan-

I have entertained the thought of ordering one of the Shofar's they use at Minnesota Vikings games. Maybe "Tiger" it up in black and gold colors.
The cheapest one I've found is about $50.
Plus I've heard they are very hard to blow.

OLDSCHOOL82

Painted,  there's plenty of blow hards around chucktown that could take turns blowing it for you!

-Painted Fan-

If I ever do decide to order one, maybe I could pay you to give me lessons. lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas