• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hoxie QB

Started by 2NDINCHARGE, November 22, 2014, 09:40:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

2NDINCHARGE

I had the opportunity to witness the QB from Hoxie last night. He is a player that can play at the D-1 level. He is big, strong, fast and has a big time arm with precision accuracy. If the Charleston QB is that much better than him, the Razorbacks are in for a treat the next 4 years. 

TheTruth2010

I've seen Storey a few times, he is the real deal. Haven't seen the Hoxie kid play, so I can't really make a comparison.

Radiotalker

He's not bad and I've heard 2nd's comments from others in the northeast. I don't think he's in Ty's area but he's not bad. Coaches son who played QB at Marion when Bill Cook was there. Cole is very sound fundamentally and started all three years. These types of QB's can take you a long way.

TheTruth2010

Storey on the season is 220/323 with 3037 passing yards 38 Touchdowns and 4 Ints. Most of the games he only played about until halftime.

Radiotalker

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on November 22, 2014, 01:02:42 pm
Storey on the season is 220/323 with 3037 passing yards 38 Touchdowns and 4 Ints. Most of the games he only played about until halftime.

No doubt......he sets the bar.

Proud Buckaroo

Hey, Truth. What was sampley's season stats? I know going knot the Smackover game he had a total of 6 INT and we gave him 4 INT last night.

Radiotalker

we gave him........lol

Proud Buckaroo

Why is that funny? Smackover intercepted 4 of their passes last night..

2NDINCHARGE

Obviously Storey is the real deal, but after seeing Sears live, he is a D-1 talent. I know it has to be the right fit, but there has to be D-1 system that needs a QB of this quality. I have no dog in this race for this young man, but ASU, UCA or any out of state program are missing out if they don't give him a shot to improve at this position. I wish this young man the best of luck in the future.

adaptedtigerfan

I have never seen him in an actual game but I did see him at the ASU elite camp this summer.  I thought he looked really good.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 22, 2014, 01:30:17 pm
Hey, Truth. What was sampley's season stats? I know going knot the Smackover game he had a total of 6 INT and we gave him 4 INT last night.
151/267  2,472 yards,  28 touchdowns and 6 INTs . That's before the Smackover game. His season High was 426 against Charleston.

FootballU01

Looked up the stats for both Storey and Sears versus when they played Booneville in the playoffs.
Storey: 24-40 350 yards 2 Tds 3 interceptions
Sears: 20-28 353 yards 3 Tds 0 interceptions
Now I know Storey played lights out vs Booneville during week 9 but during the playoffs this was a different Booneville team.

adaptedtigerfan

Yup sign him up.   Your right they were a different team..  They scored 14 and not 60 something...   Don't come on here comparing like that.

HorseFeathers

And this is why you don't get to play in college based on one games stats.....

redandgray

Hoxie QB is a dang good high school QB. He is not a D1 QB though.

chucktownboys

Congrats Hoxie QB! Comparing those stats and saying he's on the same level as Ty is why most people can't appreciate top level talent when they see it, two totally different levels of player. Again congrats Hoxie QB on a good game!

Mr.Fridaynight11

I agree with the OP Sears is a very under rated QB. I have seen Both Play, story tends to panic in the pocket, but make big plays when needed. Sears can scramble better, and is harder to take down, and is willing to take a hit, but at times looks to struggle with accuracy.

RiceBurner501

Quote from: FootballU01 on December 06, 2014, 11:52:34 pm
Looked up the stats for both Storey and Sears versus when they played Booneville in the playoffs.
Storey: 24-40 350 yards 2 Tds 3 interceptions
Sears: 20-28 353 yards 3 Tds 0 interceptions
Now I know Storey played lights out vs Booneville during week 9 but during the playoffs this was a different Booneville team.

but guess who found a way to win? Ty Storey. I haven't seen Sears play live but I've seen him on film. he's good but not at the level of Ty

WPWells

Yet Ty only threw for three less yards

jr17

We can say all we want. But the guys that get paid to decide who's better, have decided Ty is. That shouldn't even be a discussion.

Hoophawg

Sears is bigger, faster, and stronger than Storey.  Storey was a full grown man in 7th grade while this kid was 5-6 110 pounds.  Upside goes to Sears

Longfellow

How do you know that Sears is bigger, faster and stronger?? If Sears had more upside, he would have big schools offering him. Sears ain't even close to Storey.

-Painted Fan-

Sears is faster. I'll give him that.
Storey is bigger. (6'3" 205 vs. 6'4" 230)
Stronger? Don't know, but I doubt it.
Storey lives in the weight room.

Hoggy

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on December 07, 2014, 04:05:52 pm
Sears is faster. I'll give him that.
Storey is bigger. (6'3" 205 vs. 6'4" 230)
Stronger? Don't know, but I doubt it.
Storey lives in the weight room.
Nope so not true.  Storey is 6-2.5 212 pounds.  No clue where you got 6-4 240.  Whatever Rivals has up subtract an inch and minus 10 pounds. 

Hoggy

What you dont get is that Storey was more physically mature in 8th grade than Sears is now.  Storey is better now but Sears might be in 3 years. 

-Painted Fan-

I didn't say he was 240. Not sure where you got that.
I've known Ty his whole life. Just talked with him Friday night after the game.
I've never seen Sears, but got his stats from Hooten's, which listed him as 6'3" 205#.
I guess by your explanation, Sears would actually be 6' 190#?
I assure you, Ty is as I posted.

Hoggy

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on December 07, 2014, 05:21:11 pm
I didn't say he was 240. Not sure where you got that.
I've known Ty his whole life. Just talked with him Friday night after the game.
I've never seen Sears, but got his stats from Hooten's, which listed him as 6'3" 205#.
I guess by your explanation, Sears would actually be 6' 190#?
I assure you, Ty is as I posted.
Your math sucks

-Painted Fan-

That's it?
That's all you've got?
"Your math sucks"?
Surely you can do better than that.
Amateur

WPWells

Apparently Hoggy has more inside info on these quarterbacks than us. We should all bow to his superior intellect

-Painted Fan-

As I said, I don't know Sears at all.
Never saw him play.
Judging from the stats, he's an exceptional athlete. Wish him nothing but the very best in his future.
But I've watched Ty play for 12 years now.
He and my youngest will both graduate this school year.

Hoggy

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on December 07, 2014, 06:12:33 pm
As I said, I don't know Sears at all.
Never saw him play.
Judging from the stats, he's an exceptional athlete. Wish him nothing but the very best in his future.
But I've watched Ty play for 12 years now.
He and my youngest will both graduate this school year.
You keep mentioning stats.  Stats are so overrated in high school.  Look at Mustain, Allen brothers, etc.  Tom Brady had terrible H.S. stats as did Andrew Luck. 

adaptedtigerfan

Mustain???  Wasn't he 9-0 until he got benched??

Hoggy

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 07, 2014, 06:20:15 pm
You idiot.  He was awful.  He had 10 tds 9 int and 50 percent.  He was terrible.  Anyone who knows football knew he was.  Ask any coach.  He got benched for Casey Dick because he was better

WPWells

Pretty sure adapted just gave some stats. Usually a coach doesn't bench someone who's undefeated as a starter unless something else is going on

Lth Man nominates Hoggy to be the first recipient of the "Settle Down" button

DeeGee

Well this just got serious!

Totally agree Lth Man!

Mr.Fridaynight11

December 07, 2014, 06:40:24 pm #35 Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 06:43:25 pm by Mr.Fridaynight11
 ???

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hoggy on December 07, 2014, 06:23:57 pm
Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 07, 2014, 06:20:15 pm
You idiot.  He was awful.  He had 10 tds 9 int and 50 percent.  He was terrible.  Anyone who knows football knew he was.  Ask any coach.  He got benched for Casey Dick because he was better

Casey Dick had 6 TD's and 6 INT from the South Carolina game on...with a 31% completion percentage...I see why you don't like stats now...

WPWells

Hoggy claims to know football though

HorseFeathers

Mustain was 10 TD's vs 8 INT's with a 35% completion...Not like either was lighting it up, but to act like one was just better than the other b ased on results is grasping at straws at best...

WPWells

Mustain - 9-0
Dick - 1-3

That's the stat you need to know

-Painted Fan-

If stats are "so overrated", why was the stats comparing the Booneville games used?
Let me guess....
You grew up in Smackover, didn't you?

Proud Buckaroo

Has Smackover become the butt of your joke? The dude is from Hoxie. No were close to Smackover.

WPWells

Where did Hoggy go? We were just having fun

Hoophawg

Guys Mustain was pretty bad. If you couldn't see that you just don't know football.  I agree stats are overrated because the Allen brothers had the best stats in America in H.S.

WPWells

Hello Hoggy! Glad you got kicked off and created a new name

Proud Buckaroo

Not sure where you got that he "created a new name."

Date Registered: November 13, 2014, 01:26:24 pm

Yeah, because yesterday was November 13th...

WPWells

Come on now. Surely you can keep up better than that

Longfellow

Quote from: Hoophawg on December 08, 2014, 08:32:33 am
Guys Mustain was pretty bad. If you couldn't see that you just don't know football.  I agree stats are overrated because the Allen brothers had the best stats in America in H.S.
Not even close to true. Maty Mauk led the nation in yards and touchdowns. He is the all time leader in yards in the national history. Brandon Allen wasn't even close to him

Proud Buckaroo

I can keep up just fine. I know what you are implying. You are saying that the poster "Hoggy" is that guy. In which, most likely isn't.

WPWells

Okay good. Lth Man was worried for a second

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas