• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

union county

Started by BUCK FEVER, November 21, 2014, 10:11:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BUCK FEVER

Union County Football is no joke, congrats to all.

Eldorado 24 Greenwood 14
Junction City 42 Bearden 0
Smackover 44 Lamar 8

ready for round 3

WPWells

And I thought the River Valley was doing well with four winners tonight...that's a whole region of the state. I'm impressed that Union County had three winners in one COUNTY

Proud Buckaroo

I really want to say.. Smackover is the real deal.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 21, 2014, 10:18:32 pm
I really want to say.. Smackover is the real deal.

Glen Rose thought so last year too....Fountain Lake thought so too a couple of years ago and they hung 70 on a team in the semi-finals from Charleston's conference....:D

war cardinals

All 3 union county teams win state how sweet would it be

adaptedtigerfan

BUCK FEVER

The Buckaroos left no doubt about being able to defend against a good passing team tonight, I would say a better job than Boon or Charleston did against the warriors, not saying Charleston is not the best team in the state but I will say Smackover appears to me to be the one with the best chance of keeping it close and giving themselves a chance to dethrone the King..................with that said we have plenty of football to play before we worry about the Tigers.

THA TRUTH

Yea but that wasn't storey slinging that ball around

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: THA TRUTH on November 22, 2014, 09:45:15 am

True , but Sampley was quoted as being one of the best gun slingers in the state, he has good numbers, I like the fact that Lamar scored 28 on Charleston and 8 on Smackover.

nastynice

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on November 22, 2014, 10:01:55 am
Quote from: THA TRUTH on November 22, 2014, 09:45:15 am

True , but Sampley was quoted as being one of the best gun slingers in the state, he has good numbers, I like the fact that Lamar scored 28 on Charleston and 8 on Smackover.
Storey throws across his body better than Sampley can throw any direction.  Until you see Storey in person, you can't begin to understand how good he is.

And I HATE Chucktown! 

adaptedtigerfan

You Smackover people need to keep thinking that 28/8 business...   Charleston had 2 secondary players out against Lamar.  Just keep thinking that.

gatecrasher

Two things:
Injuries are part of the game. Lame excuse.
Storey is the real deal. As a student of qbs, he is one of the best to ever come through this state.

That said, Smackover is not to be overlooked. Charleston is not unbeatable.

Proud Buckaroo

Thank you Gatecrasher for saying that. Smackover has proven two times this year that they are a force and can make the title run... Yet, some people seen to think "The King" Charleston will not be beaten by them and cannot be beaten by anyone.

adaptedtigerfan

That is true injuries are part of the game...  This is 3A football not the SEC, Big10 or Big12 where you have guys that are just as good as your starters to take their place.

Sick Dog

keep enjoying the cake walk to the finals. maybe the other side of the bracket will beat each other up

Proud Buckaroo

Here we go, Yet another person not giving Smackover the respect they have earned..

nastynice

Quote from: Sick Dog on November 22, 2014, 11:14:33 am
keep enjoying the cake walk to the finals. maybe the other side of the bracket will beat each other up
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 22, 2014, 11:16:26 am
Here we go, Yet another person not giving Smackover the respect they have earned..
If he's saying its a cakewalk, then isn't that a complement to how good the Bucks are?

Proud Buckaroo

Yeah, that's a compliment to us. The comment I'm referring to is "maybe the other side of the bracket will beat each other up."

nastynice

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 22, 2014, 11:25:32 am
Yeah, that's a compliment to us. The comment I'm referring to is "maybe the other side of the bracket will beat each other up."
Ok. I see. My bad.

hoghelmet14

I will make a couple of bets....

1. Chucky will be in LR

2. Smackover will be on the other side of the field....

3..... oh nevermind... I would not risk money betting on either team.... that game will be very good and fun to watch!

BUCK FEVER

CAKE WALK .....I thought you 4-3 folks said Lamar  would be # 1 seed in any conf other than 4-3 ?...............................as far as Charleston having a couple d-backs out against Lamar, we had #16 out for most of the game at d-back and the reserve defense in the second half..............you will not find Smackover to be intimidated by the unbeatable Tigers.

nastynice

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on November 21, 2014, 10:11:29 pm
Union County Football is no joke, congrats to all.

Eldorado 24 Greenwood 14
Junction City 42 Bearden 0
Smackover 44 Lamar 8

ready for round 3

Now thats something to be proud of!

BuckarooFire

@ warcardinal.. I'd love to see that happen!

DeeGee

Congrats Union County! Definitely something to be proud of!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on November 22, 2014, 02:35:14 pm
CAKE WALK .....I thought you 4-3 folks said Lamar  would be # 1 seed in any conf other than 4-3 ?...............................as far as Charleston having a couple d-backs out against Lamar, we had #16 out for most of the game at d-back and the reserve defense in the second half..............you will not find Smackover to be intimidated by the unbeatable Tigers.

Think most of the (respectable) 4-3A guys actually predicted Smackover to win....a few trolls got ya'll riled up with the Lamar would win every other conference in 3A this year bit though...

BUCK FEVER

Not to sure about that HF, that 4-3a is a pretty tight nit group.

WPWells

Go look at who I picked

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 23, 2014, 08:26:28 pm
Go look at who I picked

I remember, you smarter than the average bear.........I mean tiger.

adaptedtigerfan

ChucktownTigerFan

I picked Smakroos to make it to finals. .

adaptedtigerfan

BUCK FEVER

Rida4Life

Smackover had a key addition to an already good staff this offseason.  Dennis Steele.  You can see his stamp on what was already a good defense.  With his help, they have been dominating at times this year. 

Proud Buckaroo

Coach Steele is a very good addition. He's really helped out the staff this season. Coach Preston does a great job with the kids as well. Smackover has total of 8 coaches this season.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas