• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hoxie at Booneville

Started by Mr.Fridaynight11, November 21, 2014, 09:46:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OLDSCHOOL82

Haven't been around much today.  Looks like everyone has behaved.  Looks like Hoxie is a decent sized solid team that doesn't make too many mistakes.  Thank The Lord y'all don't have all that southern speed that will blow us off the field! Gonna get some more info before I trash talk to much more.

Nature Boy

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 23, 2014, 06:29:22 pm
I think Hoxie is in for a rude awakening if they think they they are gonna be more physical than Booneville.

Same words from the McGehee faithful.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Nature Boy on November 23, 2014, 06:48:29 pm
I think Hoxie is in for a rude awakening if they think they they are gonna be more physical than Booneville.

Nature boy.  I suggest you do a little research on the ole cats before you make many posts.  Unless you just like to blab that trap blind fully.

Nature Boy

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 23, 2014, 06:51:53 pm

Nature boy.  I suggest you do a little research on the ole cats before you make many posts.  Unless you just like to blab that trap blind fully.

Ditto for you on Hoxie troll. I see you blab your trap.

OLDSCHOOL82

November 23, 2014, 06:57:09 pm #54 Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 07:01:08 pm by OLDSCHOOL82
Troll.  Ha.  I've got about 9 games of y'all's to watch from this year.  I've watched about half the Osceola game.  Nature boy,  you an Osceola supporter or Hoxie supporter?

Nature Boy

November 23, 2014, 07:02:44 pm #55 Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 07:07:01 pm by Nature Boy
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 23, 2014, 06:57:09 pm
Troll.  Ha.  I've got about 9 games of y'all's to watch from this year.  I've watched about half the Osceola game.

Y'all?

I'm not from Hoxie. You know what they say about assumptions.  I guess that was some of the blind babbling.

OLDSCHOOL82

We got our self a feisty one.  I asked which town you support. 

ChucktownTigerFan

MustangRampage

Quote from: Longfellow on November 23, 2014, 06:31:27 pm
I am gonna have to take booneville by quite a few. Haven't seen Hoxie, but I know they are a good team. That being said, Booneville, Charleston, and Smackover are on a level by themselves.
Bearcats 47
Mustangs 21

This is why score predictions are ridiculous.  "Haven't seen Hoxie," in your own words, but confident enough to say we will give up 47 and only score 21.  Booneville couldn't stop the pass against Charleston, they won't stop it against us either.  I know Booneville wants to run the ball which is just the kind of matchup we want.  I'm looking forward to a good game.

nastynice

Quote from: MustangRampage on November 23, 2014, 08:47:48 pm
I am gonna have to take booneville by quite a few. Haven't seen Hoxie, but I know they are a good team. That being said, Booneville, Charleston, and Smackover are on a level by themselves.
Bearcats 47
Mustangs 21

This is why score predictions are ridiculous.  "Haven't seen Hoxie," in your own words, but confident enough to say we will give up 47 and only score 21.  Booneville couldn't stop the pass against Charleston, they won't stop it against us either.  I know Booneville wants to run the ball which is just the kind of matchup we want.  I'm looking forward to a good game.
Easy there trigger!  Prescott was arguably the 2nd best passing team in 3a and our defense held them to 14 points on the road. So don't make a doctrine with just one verse.

OLDSCHOOL82

Hoxie posters seem awful angry.

elmerfudd

November 23, 2014, 09:03:41 pm #61 Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 09:14:37 pm by elmerfudd
Bearcats 47
Mustangs 21

This is why score predictions are ridiculous.  "Haven't seen Hoxie," in your own words, but confident enough to say we will give up 47 and only score 21.  Booneville couldn't stop the pass against Charleston, they won't stop it against us either. I know Booneville wants to run the ball which is just the kind of matchup we want.  I'm looking forward to a good game.

A Prescott poster said this same exact thing last week, so I'll give the same response: quit comparing apples to oranges. Unless Hoxie has an SEC QB running the offense, and they don't, then you're argument is completely invalid.

Booneville dominated all the other spread/passing teams (save Dardanelle) they've played this season. Up until last week, Prescott had scored 40+ points in all but one game this season, and 50+ in their last three games. Booneville held them to 16. The other 14 came from two scoop-and-scores.

Longfellow

Man don't read too much into people's picks. Personally, I hope Hoxie wins by 100, but I don't see them stopping Booneville's offense consistently.

Nature Boy

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 23, 2014, 09:03:41 pm
Bearcats 47
Mustangs 21

This is why score predictions are ridiculous.  "Haven't seen Hoxie," in your own words, but confident enough to say we will give up 47 and only score 21.  Booneville couldn't stop the pass against Charleston, they won't stop it against us either. I know Booneville wants to run the ball which is just the kind of matchup we want.  I'm looking forward to a good game.

A Prescott poster said this same exact thing last week, so I'll give the same response: quit comparing apples to oranges. Unless Hoxie has an SEC QB running the offense, and they don't, then you're argument is completely invalid.

Booneville dominated all the other spread/passing teams (save Dardanelle) they've played this season. Up until last week, Prescott had scored 40+ points in all but one game this season, and 50+ in their last three games. Booneville held them to 16. The other 14 came from two scoop-and-scores.

Blah blah blah

OLDSCHOOL82

Hey nature boy.  Rather than coming in like an arrogant punk,  why don't you give some reasoning?!?

Nature Boy

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 23, 2014, 10:46:26 pm
Hey nature boy.  Rather than coming in like an arrogant punk,  why don't you give some reasoning?!?

You started all this with your arrogant post toward me after I posted my opinion on someone else's comment. 

OLDSCHOOL82

Nature Boy

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 23, 2014, 10:54:47 pm
Still no reasoning.

I gave you a reason and now you want to call me names. That's fine I can handle. Just remember who started all this.

All I said was to someone else's post was that McGehee posters thought they could be physical. Then you chimed in that I need to do my homework and my blind babbling crap.

I fire back and you don't like it.  Is that good enough....probably not.

OLDSCHOOL82

November 23, 2014, 11:04:47 pm #68 Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 11:12:58 pm by OLDSCHOOL82
So are you a Hoxie faithful converted from Osceola or what?  Calling me a troll on a Booneville thread...that's awesome.  And you gave me a reason for what?  Your original statements hidden meaning was that McGhee thought they could be physical and couldn't so the cats will be the same.  Am I wrong?  You still a ref?

MustangRampage

Bearcats 47
Mustangs 21

Our QB may not have signed with an SEC school, but he'll be the best one you've seen since Storey.

Nature Boy

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 23, 2014, 11:04:47 pm
So are you a Hoxie faithful converted from Osceola or what?  Calling me a troll on a Booneville thread...that's awesome.

I'm a football fan that made a comment on a football team that I have seen this year. Is that not allowed? Then you are critical about my post, call me names................yep your a troll.  Is this typical of Booneville posters?

OLDSCHOOL82

So you where a ref at their game?

Longfellow

The problem is, we all know how good Storey is, but most of us haven't seen Sears play. Until I see him and/or his offer list, I won't call him as good or even close to Storey.

elmerfudd

November 24, 2014, 05:51:54 am #73 Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 05:53:49 am by elmerfudd
Quote from: MustangRampage on November 23, 2014, 11:09:38 pm
Bearcats 47
Mustangs 21

Our QB may not have signed with an SEC school, but he'll be the best one you've seen since Storey.

Seeing how we've only seen three QB's since Storey, that's not necessarily saying a lot.

WPWells

This Nature Boy is making 12th Man even more likely to pick Booneville by about 50

elmerfudd

WPWells

12th Man just knows that a team that believes they can win will break down the game, but a scared team just talks trash

Nature Boy

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 24, 2014, 07:31:05 am
12th Man just knows that a team that believes they can win will break down the game, but a scared team just talks trash

Pick em by 50. I have no dog in the hunt. Whatever blows your dress up.

elmerfudd

Quote from: Nature Boy on November 24, 2014, 08:27:18 am
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 24, 2014, 07:31:05 am

Pick em by 50. I have no dog in the hunt. Whatever blows your dress up.

How dare you imply that 12th Man wears a dress!! Don't you know they only wear tutus in Charleston??

adaptedtigerfan

Paperman

Hoxie 35, Booneville 26

My prediction!

Mustangs have a fine team. I know Booneville does as well. Respect for both programs. Hope for a good game.

Jimbo Morphis

you are mistaken. not one mcgehee poster in the entire mcgehee-hoxie thread picked mcgehee to win or said one negative thing about hoxie.

OLDSCHOOL82

Hoxie looks to have great size all around.  Is that correct or does the green uniforms just add an extra 50lbs to everyone?

WPWells

Nature Boy is just a troll. He thinks that Osceola will beat Charleston and Hoxie will beat Booneville. Apparently the 3A-3 is now the SEC West

Nature Boy

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 24, 2014, 10:07:00 am
Nature Boy is just a troll. He thinks that Osceola will beat Charleston and Hoxie will beat Booneville. Apparently the 3A-3 is now the SEC West

If I'm a troll then your a trollette.

Where do you get I think Osceola will beat Charleston? I actually agreed with adapted that Osceola will get smoked. Quit looking in the mirror and get over yourself. Actually I do think Hoxie has a chance with Booneville.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Nature Boy on November 24, 2014, 11:11:07 am

Where do you get I think Osceola will beat Charleston? I actually agreed with adapted that Osceola will get smoked. Quit looking in the mirror and get over yourself. Actually I do think Hoxie has a chance with Booneville.

Everyone has a chance from rd 2 on in my opinion.  Has your crew worked Hoxie this year?

Hootie

If you all still think Hoxie is a fluke then you're in for a big surprise. They're massive on the line and could cause problems for the Cats. I still say Booneville wins by 12 but Hoxie will make a game of it.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Hootie on November 24, 2014, 11:31:59 am
If you all still think Hoxie is a fluke then you're in for a big surprise. They're massive on the line and could cause problems for the Cats. I still say Booneville wins by 12 but Hoxie will make a game of it.

I havent seen a post from a booneville poster that would imply that hoxie is a fluke.  I agree that booneville will win but i have yet to give a score prediction.

catbearfan1

I am going Hoxie by 2 tds! They're really, really good. Very physical. And they have a great QB. 

Hootie

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 24, 2014, 11:51:52 am
I havent seen a post from a booneville poster that would imply that hoxie is a fluke.  I agree that booneville will win but i have yet to give a score prediction.

It wasn't directed at you OldSchool. Booneville is known for being physical and Hoxie has a pretty large OL/DL for 3A football and they're physical too. Going to be a battle of the trenches. 

Nature Boy

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 24, 2014, 11:15:26 am

Everyone has a chance from rd 2 on in my opinion.  Has your crew worked Hoxie this year?

Crew? What are you talking about, I don't officiate.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Nature Boy on November 24, 2014, 01:52:24 pm

You made a post that your first playoff game as an official was at Barton did you not?  Just doing a little research on my opposition.

Wolfpack68

There was 2 called back, one absolutely wrong. But I'll give it to Booneville. They kept everything in front of them and didn't give up big plays. Their defense is really good. PTOWN still couldn't stop the running game either. I think May is outright the Bearcats best player. Sears is pretty good. The Bearcats will play another good throwing team but I haven't seen the Mustangs defense so I'll have to go Bearcats.
Booneville 42
Hoxie 28

Nature Boy

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 24, 2014, 01:55:50 pm

You made a post that your first playoff game as an official was at Barton did you not?  Just doing a little research on my opposition.

Might want to update your research. Haven't officiated in years.  Any other questions?

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Nature Boy on November 24, 2014, 02:34:52 pm

Might want to update your research. Haven't officiated in years.  Any other questions?

Now see, was that so hard?

ChucktownTiger

Hoxie will keep it close for about a quarter. Booneville is tough at home and I'm guessing Hoxie will have some jet lag. Enjoy the victory B-Town. It'll b your last.

Bhs - 45

HHS - 14

Mr.Fridaynight11

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on November 24, 2014, 02:38:59 pm
Hoxie will keep it close for about a quarter. Booneville is tough at home and I'm guessing Hoxie will have some jet lag. Enjoy the victory B-Town. It'll b your last.

Bhs - 45

HHS - 14
until next friday

hoghelmet14

OK.... the consensus is that this could be the best game this week.... I am going to watch.....

and if Chucky gets beat and I missed it I am gonna be hacked off! LOL

DatBoot

Cheering for Hoxie, but I see former Rivercrest Colts, Coach Kimes and the Bearcats doing a little bit of work and at home(pretty good drive for the Mustangs). Good luck to both teams, pray for no injuries.
Bearcats by 14

Coach Booneville

November 25, 2014, 10:11:29 am #99 Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 10:14:22 am by Coach Booneville

Nature Boy is one of our refs from the Lamar game I think.  The one with the slick fingers that dropped the flag in the endzone on accident.

Should be a good game this week.  Hoxie is not as talented as Prescott, but probably more fundamentally sound.  Big line, good QB.  With that said...
Booneville 35
Hoxie 14

Booneville is rolling at the perfect time.  As long as they keep their mindset on this week only, should come out with a victory.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas