• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hoxie at Booneville

Started by Mr.Fridaynight11, November 21, 2014, 09:46:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Fridaynight11

WPWells

Mr.Fridaynight11

JWiggs52

Too bad we couldn't rematch McGehee. It would've been a much better match up. Hoxie just simply got a very lucky  win tonight.
Cats 42
Horses 17

adaptedtigerfan

Radiotalker

Quote from: JWiggs52 on November 21, 2014, 10:08:35 pm
Too bad we couldn't rematch McGehee. It would've been a much better match up. Hoxie just simply got a very lucky  win tonight.
Cats 42
Horses 17

Hoxie scores 56 and it's lucky......lol

Proud Buckaroo

MustangRampage

I'll be the first to admit that we played a terrible game against Osceola and deserved to lose that night.  Because of that game I think we're the forgotten team in these playoffs.  There was nothing lucky about our win tonight.  The best team clearly won and I don't think anyone on either side would tell you otherwise.  You guys make all the predictions you want, but Booneville has a game coming to town next Friday night. I don't care what the score is, I don't care how we get there.  Hoxie is leaving Booneville with a "W."

JWiggs52

Quote from: Radiotalker on November 21, 2014, 10:16:40 pm
Quote from: JWiggs52 on November 21, 2014, 10:08:35 pm
Cats 42
Horses 17

Hoxie scores 56 and it's lucky......lol
As Jeremy Wade (River Monsters) would say..."fish on" haha

JWiggs52

Quote from: MustangRampage on November 21, 2014, 10:28:42 pm
I'll be the first to admit that we played a terrible game against Osceola and deserved to lose that night.  Because of that game I think we're the forgotten team in these playoffs.  There was nothing lucky about our win tonight.  The best team clearly won and I don't think anyone on either side would tell you otherwise.  You guys make all the predictions you want, but Booneville has a game coming to town next Friday night. I don't care what the score is, I don't care how we get there.  Hoxie is leaving Booneville with a "W."
You will be forgotten next Saturday when Booneville goes on to the semis.

FootballFan50

Once again no respect for hoxie. In the quarterfinals for the second straight year. Hoxie by 7

OLDSCHOOL82

November 21, 2014, 10:58:44 pm #11 Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 11:22:41 pm by OLDSCHOOL82
I've only seen about 5 minutes of film of Hoxie on hootens.  Prediction to come later.

owl84

How big is Booneville's line?

JWiggs52

Hoxie fans are so hostile. Lighten up and quit taking thing to the heart.

Jalkuranis

Ima pick Booneville in this one. Too physical of a team. Then the rematch with Chucktown.

catbacker76

Thats a very bold statement because not many teams come to Bearcat stadium and leave with a win.

MustangRampage

Quote from: catbacker76 on November 21, 2014, 11:35:08 pm
Thats a very bold statement because not many teams come to Bearcat stadium and leave with a win.

Fortune favors the bold.

TheTruth2010

OLDSCHOOL82

MustangRampage

It's about 30 minutes west of Jonesboro.

Radiotalker

Quote from: Jalkuranis on November 21, 2014, 11:21:55 pm
Ima pick Booneville in this one. Too physical of a team. Then the rematch with Chucktown.

Too physical? Booneville may beat them but physically Hoxie with matchup with anyone.

nastynice

Congratulations to Booneville and Hoxie on making it to the 3rd round.  Two very good teams with alot on the line will battle it out in Bearcat Country.

Let's not get caught up in the moment after a good win and start predicting blowouts.  This will be a hard fought game that either team could win.

I know nothing about Hoxie, so a prediction at this point would be silly for me.

Again, I'm just glad to be home this week. 

Booneville posters, lets be respectful this week and keep it clean!

C-A-T-S

Jalkuranis

Quote from: Radiotalker on November 22, 2014, 07:20:36 am

Too physical? Booneville may beat them but physically Hoxie with matchup with anyone.

You may stay with them, but their physicality is what will give them the small advantage to pull the W out. I didn't mean they would mercy rule you with that statement. Just their style of play, and athletes, have been bred and raised to smack ya in the mouth over and over.

Radiotalker

Quote from: Jalkuranis on November 22, 2014, 09:24:54 am
Quote from: Radiotalker on November 22, 2014, 07:20:36 am

You may stay with them, but their physicality is what will give them the small advantage to pull the W out. I didn't mean they would mercy rule you with that statement. Just their style of play, and athletes, have been bred and raised to smack ya in the mouth over and over.

Have seen Hoxie play?

Jalkuranis

Negative batman, have only driven through back when my territory for work was all of northern AR. I'm not saying y'all aren't physical. All I'm saying is Booneville will be a little more physical, and pull out the win. I'm not downing Hoxie, I haven't seen y'all play and would love a link to some hudl film if I could get it. I'm going off of what I know.

Radiotalker

No offense taken, and I'm not a Hoxie poster. I just think they match up nicely on both sides of the ball. Weakness - probably lack of speed. We big played them to death.

nastynice

Will somebody give us an idea of what Hoxie does on offense and defense? And their key players.

Jalkuranis

Well hopefully since this one is in Booneville I can make it!

Radiotalker

Quote from: nastynice on November 22, 2014, 09:38:42 am
Will somebody give us an idea of what Hoxie does on offense and defense? And their key players.

Offensively they run the read option. Key player is QB Cole Sears (BTW he won the I Beat Hooten's contest this year), he's a 3 yr starter and coaches son, so fundamentally sound. The Cook kid at RB is not flashy but solid. They like to be physical so this could be interesting.   

nastynice

Quote from: Radiotalker on November 22, 2014, 09:44:53 am
Quote from: nastynice on November 22, 2014, 09:38:42 am

Offensively they run the read option. Key player is QB Cole Sears (BTW he won the I Beat Hooten's contest this year), he's a 3 yr starter and coaches son, so fundamentally sound. The Cook kid at RB is not flashy but solid. They like to be physical so this could be interesting.
Thanks Radio! Will be an interesting matchup!

elmerfudd

2005 was the last time these two teams played. It was at Booneville. I can't remember the score but we(Booneville) won convincingly. Hoxie was definitely a physical team that year, I just hope they've cleaned up a lot since then. They were by far the cockiest/dirtiest team we played in 2005. I love a hard-fought game between two physical teams, but it's better when it stays clean.

Mr.Fridaynight11

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 22, 2014, 09:56:15 am
2005 was the last time these two teams played. It was at Booneville. I can't remember the score but we(Booneville) won convincingly. Hoxie was definitely a physical team that year, I just hope they've cleaned up a lot since then. They were by far the cockiest/dirtiest team we played in 2005. I love a hard-fought game between two physical teams, but it's better when it stays clean.
The score was 35-0 I remember that game very well. It was the coldest game i have ever played in.

bootlegger

Booneville had better not overlook hoxie they are a very good team.don't base their one lost on the out come of this game.I predict the winner of this game will not win by more than a touchdown

thestopper

Booneville better hope it rains the next 2 weeks and that the refs call holding on their opponents!!!!

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: thestopper on November 22, 2014, 08:08:29 pm
Booneville better hope it rains the next 2 weeks and that the refs call holding on their opponents!!!!

So... It looked to me like prescotts slick as glass field hurt us last night more than them?!  Idiotic post.

adaptedtigerfan

OLDSCHOOL82

Haven't checked them.  Been driving home from the hogs game.  I'll look in a bit.

elvis26

;D Boonville will win by 21!!!!!!!!! go bearcats!!!!!!!!!!

BAMA#16

Booneville wins big here, rematch with tigers looming! I'm a BAMA fan, but really proud of the Hogs to make a bowl game! Bret has the program going in the right direction.

JWiggs52

This will be a good game. I'm ready to see if our cats are going to play good pass defense. If they do they will roll if not it will be a long night. I believe the cats are playing like they should at the time that mattrrs. My new prediction
Cats 42
Horses 24

hoghelmet14

so... which game should the Paris fans go to this week.... Boonveville or Chuckys?

BAMA#16

I would say Booneville and Hoxie, then Charleston and Booneville next week.

nastynice

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on November 23, 2014, 03:15:38 pm
so... which game should the Paris fans go to this week.... Boonveville or Chuckys?
Booneville's if you want to see a good game.

Chuckville if you want to see a blowout.

Nature Boy

Quote from: nastynice on November 23, 2014, 03:22:31 pm
Quote from: hoghelmet14 on November 23, 2014, 03:15:38 pm
Booneville's if you want to see a good game.

Chuckville if you want to see a blowout.

Didn't Osceola beat Hoxie?

mustangnation

As I see the Mustangs are the underdog with no respect again. Don't worry though Hoxie loves to be picked against. Booneville thinks they will walk right over but what they're gonna get is one or the most physical games they've ever played.

FootballFan50

Right there with ya mustangnation. They expect to roll over us but they've got a big surprise coming when they get get hit right in the mouth on the first snap come Friday. We'll see. Gonna be a good game.

nastynice

Quote from: mustangnation on November 23, 2014, 05:58:04 pm
As I see the Mustangs are the underdog with no respect again. Don't worry though Hoxie loves to be picked against. Booneville thinks they will walk right over but what they're gonna get is one or the most physical games they've ever played.
Wrong! Maybe a couple young uns think that. But the Booneville fans that know anything think different. We know what's coming our way. And we're not over confident. 
Most of these score predictions are from non Booneville posters.

nastynice

Quote from: owl84 on November 21, 2014, 11:07:53 pm
How big is Booneville's line?
Average.  Not that big. A couple decent size guys and a couple average size guys.

adaptedtigerfan

I think Hoxie is in for a rude awakening if they think they they are gonna be more physical than Booneville.

Longfellow

I am gonna have to take booneville by quite a few. Haven't seen Hoxie, but I know they are a good team. That being said, Booneville, Charleston, and Smackover are on a level by themselves.
Bearcats 47
Mustangs 21

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas