• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover VS Fordyce. (Again.)

Started by Proud Buckaroo, November 21, 2014, 09:41:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

Way to show you are dominate buckaroos!

WPWells

Jimbo Morphis

sax2play8

Really only by 21. 48-0 bucks roll at home

BUCK FEVER

BUCKS BEAT fORDYCE 33-0 A FEW WEEKS AGO AND I THOUGHT THE BUCKS WERE OUT OF ZINC THAT WHOLE GAME..........BUCKS SEEM TO BE HITTING ON ALL EIGHT CYLINDERS RIGHT NOW, SMACKOVER SHOULD WIN THIS ONE HANDILY...............BUT YA NEVER KNOW IN THESE PLAYOFFS.

war cardinals

I wouldn't have never dreamed that fordyce would have handled wf like they did but goes to show ya south Arkansas has strong conferences than the north expect a large crowd next week at buckaroo stadium for bucks and bugs part2 i hope its a good game unlike the Lamar game i thought that would have been a better game than it was Lamar was huge but we have to much speed on both sides of the ball i believe their is no stopping these bucks get your state champion ship rings and shirts orders in.

adaptedtigerfan

adaptedtigerfan

I have a printing business...  Want a quote?

Proud Buckaroo

Lamar hung 28 on Charleston while Smackover held them to 8...

owl84

Okay Smackover I am rooting y'all on.  Go win it all.  Y'all have the team to do it!

war cardinals

In case nobody knew I'm a Camden fairview graduate but my wife graduated from smackover and we live in smackover but your prolly saying who cares this is about bucks and bugs sorry just introducing my self to all the friendly smackover folks

Proud Buckaroo

adaptedtigerfan

PB, watch the Lamar game and then watch any game prior to Danville and then make a comment.

Jalkuranis

Holy smokes Cardinal learn some grammar... There is such a thing as a period. It stops sentences. Makes it easier to read your thoughts.

Proud Buckaroo

This reminds me of when Smackover playe strong in regular season 2005 and won by 36. Then turned around and beat them 62-0 in the playoffs.

TheTruth2010

Smackover will win this game. If they make it to the Finals which I thing they will, they will have their hands full with Charleston. (If they make it also) would be a great game to see and I would go watch it.

Jim Patriot

November 22, 2014, 12:17:18 am #16 Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 12:19:09 am by Jim Patriot
I'm just gonna say this (I think):

It seems to me like people have underestimated this Smackover team all year -- which, I understand. Last year was the Bucks' first semifinal appearance since '87, and people need to see you win on a big stage before they believe you can.

Well, I think it's time to start believing. The win (and the margin) of the Lamar game should open eyes to the talent the Bucks have down there. Paraphrasing the Lamar coach in the El Dorado paper on Friday: "Smackover is the most talented team in AAA, top to bottom."

His words, not mine, and yeah, maybe he's just talking up the upcoming opponent, but maybe not.

Now, I'm not calling for Smackover to win state. Charleston is obviously stacked, as is Booneville, and Smackover could easily slip up against a Fordyce team next week that gave them some trouble for a while in the regular season.

What I am saying is that this is a Smackover team that can win state.

Stay humble and hungry, Bucks, and go take it.

Proud Buckaroo

Good post. Welcome to fearlessfriday!

BassMaster33

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on November 22, 2014, 12:01:01 am
Smackover will win this game. If they make it to the Finals which I thing they will, they will have their hands full with Charleston. (If they make it also) would be a great game to see and I would go watch it.
My prediction also!

Made

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 21, 2014, 11:47:54 pm
This reminds me of when Smackover playe strong in regular season 2005 and won by 36. Then turned around and beat them 62-0 in the playoffs.
reminds me of when Dumas mercy ruled stuttgart twice in the reg season basketball only to lose in the championship game.....

Jalkuranis

Quote from: Jim Patriot on November 22, 2014, 12:17:18 am

It seems to me like people have underestimated this Smackover team all year -- which, I understand. Last year was the Bucks' first semifinal appearance since '87, and people need to see you win on a big stage before they believe you can.

Well, I think it's time to start believing. The win (and the margin) of the Lamar game should open eyes to the talent the Bucks have down there. Paraphrasing the Lamar coach in the El Dorado paper on Friday: "Smackover is the most talented team in AAA, top to bottom."

His words, not mine, and yeah, maybe he's just talking up the upcoming opponent, but maybe not.

Now, I'm not calling for Smackover to win state. Charleston is obviously stacked, as is Booneville, and Smackover could easily slip up against a Fordyce team next week that gave them some trouble for a while in the regular season.

Maybe Smackover is the Booneville of the 4A last year? No one thought they would win any week in the playoffs. Always the underdog. But then they won it. Could happen again.

mfmf63

sure that wasn't 97?

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: mfmf63 on November 22, 2014, 09:41:32 am

sure that wasn't 97?

No the 97 team went to the quarter finals, my son played on that 97 team, my grandson plays on this one.

YC

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 21, 2014, 11:47:54 pm

Good point PB but it is still very hard to beat a good team twice in the same year. Now you have told us about the two games with Strong in 2005 also tell us about the two games with Dierks that same year (2005).

In order to save time I will just go ahead and put it up.

Smackover 14 Dierks 13 (2nd game of the regular season 2005)
Smackover 18 Dierks 40 ( playoffs 2005)

Again, very difficult to beat a good team twice in the same year.
I do however think you will win this game. 

Proud Buckaroo

Now, let me explain to you exactly why we lost that game.

Number one reason, our kicker/PAT kicker that year, who could kick 60 yard field goals barefoot, and yes I said, barefoot was missing. He had ran off the day before the game and all the players were upset. That effected the way the team played. We didn't play like the same team that year. I know all this because I was there. I do understand what you're saying on it being hard to beat a team twice. I just think we are capable of winning this one again.

HorseCollar

Fever, the quarterfinal team was 96. Lost to bauxite. 97 we lost a heartbreaker 14-12 to Sparkman in 2nd round.

war cardinals

Good pic of adam and Trevor they look alike,hi phil this is jeff Curtis brother

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: HorseCollar on November 22, 2014, 01:46:13 pm
Fever, the quarterfinal team was 96. Lost to bauxite. 97 we lost a heartbreaker 14-12 to Sparkman in 2nd round.

you right 8)

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: war cardinals on November 22, 2014, 01:59:53 pm
Good pic of adam and Trevor they look alike,hi phil this is jeff Curtis brother

yeah, those boys get there good looks from  me. :D

Proud Buckaroo

Here is the picture of Elmo running the first pick six in:

Sick Dog

It's hard to beat a good team twice in the same year however Fordyce isn't a good team they are decent at best. I saw that Dierks game way back when. They goofy coach yall had cost the Bucs that one

Proud Buckaroo

Sick Dog

I wouldn't call him a coach. One of the most talented teams I have seen ever at that level

Proud Buckaroo

He left and started Coaching at Berryville. Smackover should have won state that year...

BuckarooFire

Lol that's one. Coach I will defend only from being coached by. Him that guy was more than a coach he just was out of it that game. Emotional night that was but eh that's in the past how about Them bucks!
Buckaroo Fire buuuuuurn it up!

war cardinals

Yea i remember that bucks team from 2005 they were BIG,may just rumours but i heard they had hurricane evacuees from hurricane  Katrina playing on that team but maybe not idk.

sax2play8

I was on that team and we only had one evacuees and that was the kicker.

BuckarooFire

I second that ^ it was. The. Kicker everyone else was Smackover for. The sake of smackover

sax2play8

I would defend coach Henderson to. Great coach with a lot of talent on that team. A lot of people forget we also had one of the best offensive coach's in coach vines. Smackover AD was to stupid to hire him for head coach the next year. If I remember correctly if we would have beaten dierks we would have played Charleston in the finals that year.

Proud Buckaroo

BUCK FEVER

I just had a sick feeling ............This reminds me a little about a game in the early 90"s....SMACKOVER-RISON...seniors Julian Frazier, Chris Clark, the Norsworthy boys, , many other good players........A team the whole town was high on in pre-season......the bucks ran thru the conference beating a very good Rison team,........................................................................................then ran into that good Rison team again in the playoffs..........NAH, NEVER MIND, NOT GONNA HAPPEN....

Buckaroo4Life06

Quote from: sax2play8 on November 22, 2014, 10:05:48 pm
I would defend coach Henderson to. Great coach with a lot of talent on that team. A lot of people forget we also had one of the best offensive coach's in coach vines. Smackover AD was to stupid to hire him for head coach the next year. If I remember correctly if we would have beaten dierks we would have played Charleston in the finals that year.
Right I played on that team and tell you the truth we wasn't ready that night

Proud Buckaroo

I really hate that we lost that game. Very emotional night.

sax2play8

Quote from: Buckaroo4Life06 on November 23, 2014, 08:10:19 pm
Quote from: sax2play8 on November 22, 2014, 10:05:48 pm
Right I played on that team and tell you the truth we wasn't ready that night

Nope got to big headed and didn't think anybody could touch is

war cardinals

Fordyce comes to smackover? Cuz on hootens.com it said at fordyce

RamAlum10

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: war cardinals on November 24, 2014, 07:29:10 am
Fordyce comes to smackover? Cuz on hootens.com it said at fordyce

sounds about right, hooten hasn"t been right about anything all year.

FootballFan50

Smackover runs away with this one. Bucks 49 Red Bugs 14

jac12_06

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 22, 2014, 10:54:56 am
Now, let me explain to you exactly why we lost that game.

Number one reason, our kicker/PAT kicker that year, who could kick 60 yard field goals barefoot, and yes I said, barefoot was missing. He had ran off the day before the game and all the players were upset. That effected the way the team played. We didn't play like the same team that year. I know all this because I was there. I do understand what you're saying on it being hard to beat a team twice. I just think we are capable of winning this one again.
So Smackover lost that game by 22 points because the kicker was missing? I don't buy that.

Proud Buckaroo

When a team comes together like that....And one of them runs off. It is a very emotional time... Their heads weren't in the game. I didn't say they lost just because of the kicker.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas