• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mtn. View vs. Episcopal

Started by Mtnview_14, November 21, 2014, 07:30:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mtnview_14

It's gameday!  Good luck to both teams. I'm going to take mtn view in an upset    Maybe 34-28

adaptedtigerfan

There are 36 other threads about this game.   Btw EC$ gives Mt View a fast clock for their final game of the year.

OB11

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 21, 2014, 07:35:23 am
There are 36 other threads about this game.   Btw EC$ gives Mt View a fast clock for their final game of the year.

Cut them some slack, kind of hard to act like they've been there before when they haven't.   ;D

In all seriousness though, it's great to see a team like Mt. View that hasn't had much success in the playoffs make it to the second round.  Also great to see their fan-base excited about their team.  Gotta love playoff time. Good luck to both teams, and safe travels to all.

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on November 21, 2014, 08:55:13 am

Cut them some slack, kind of hard to act like they've been there before when they haven't.   ;D

In all seriousness though, it's great to see a team like Mt. View that hasn't had much success in the playoffs make it to the second round.  Also great to see their fan-base excited about their team.  Gotta love playoff time. Good luck to both teams, and safe travels to all.
+1. Chucktown posters don't understand getting excited for the second round of the playoffs, they've been there so many times...

adaptedtigerfan

Pretty "remarkable" if I say so myself there Gpa.  It is what it is.

EdReedwannabe20

Also watch out for Will Mitchell on kick off. Nick Saben and Les Miles are lookin into him. He gets to the KR before the ball does. This man is Usain Bolt x10.

WPWells

How does ECS lose any games? Between their long snapper and that dude on the kickoff they shouldn't ever lose

nastynice

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 21, 2014, 11:00:02 am
How does ECS lose any games? Between their long snapper and that dude on the kickoff they shouldn't ever lose
Lol. That's what I was thinking. Maybe the Kickoff guy and the snapper are the same guy.

I mean, I used to pitch and catch  at the same time in High School baseball, so I guess anything is possible.  ::)

oldballcoach

First, congrats to Mountain View for a great season and making 2nd round of the playoffs! I know their team, coaches and community are proud. Congrats to ECS on a 10 win season! That's an accomplishment with 19-20 players I read. 

On the game, ECS by 15. ECS defense needs to show up again and stop a good running team in Mountain View. Defense wins in the playoffs! I hear the ECS offense is getting more balanced with their running and passing attack which should help them in this game and going forward. Tonight, ball security will be important with the bad weather. Turnover margin could play a big factor. 

KOJACK

Quote from: nastynice on November 21, 2014, 11:04:31 am
Lol. That's what I was thinking. Maybe the Kickoff guy and the snapper are the same guy.

I mean, I used to pitch and catch  at the same time in High School baseball, so I guess anything is possible.  ::)
I think Prescott beat them  ;D

reduen

Any given Friday ladies and gents! Congratulations to both teams!

Pastureboy21

Quote from: KOJACK on November 21, 2014, 11:23:15 am
Quote from: nastynice on November 21, 2014, 11:04:31 am

I think Prescott beat them  ;D
Long Snapper was out that game. With him, ECS would have won by 30+

Mtnview_14

It will be a close game. As long as we play the pass well.  The weather could be bad.  our running back, the states 3rd leading rusher, has only fumbled once in almost 600 carries his sophmore and junior year. And I think that one time was a busted play where he was stood up and stripped.  I want to think we only have 2 interceptions on the year.   We take care of it.  I think our turnover margin is a +11.  We have taken care of the ball and the record reflects it. Penalties killed us against west fork.  I'm hoping we can pull off the upset

reduen

I mean I just watched the Raiders beat the Chiefs last night with two rushing TD's..!

cdelaney

Quote from: Mtnview_14 on November 21, 2014, 12:01:09 pm
It will be a close game. As long as we play the pass well.  The weather could be bad.  our running back, the states 3rd leading rusher, has only fumbled once in almost 600 carries his sophmore and junior year. And I think that one time was a busted play where he was stood up and stripped.  I want to think we only have 2 interceptions on the year.   We take care of it.  I think our turnover margin is a +11.  We have taken care of the ball and the record reflects it. Penalties killed us against west fork.  I'm hoping we can pull off the upset
2 interceptions with how many passes? ?10 on the year?
But you are correct, turnovers by ECS could keep this game close. Our running game is pretty salty right now. I'm not worried about moving the ball regardless of the weather, only real concerns will be turning it over and being able to corral the Mt View running game.

Mtnview_14

We have thrown maybe 20-30 passes. But that's not my point.  My point was that we protect the ball well. Not many teams could go 10-1 with 30 pass attempts on the season regardless of conference.

cdelaney

I have noticed that there is never more than one thread on any Chuck game, and Chuck posters never hijack threads on other games, so I get why you are questioning this.
But I do like your prediction. You and 12th have come a long way in a week.

adaptedtigerfan

Haha that's funny...   I post in almost every thread...  At least once.

Pastureboy21

Side note: ECS's Field has been good in the past about not getting muddy and drying fast, though there hasn't been any rainy games here all year

YELLOWJACKETS20

3 1/2 HOURS LEFT WOOOOOOO IM READY!!!!

neds

November 21, 2014, 08:12:55 pm #20 Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 09:33:27 pm by neds
40-8 ECS at half
May bust 100

No. 11 from Mt View is a good back , very shifty!

Mtnview_14

Good luck in the future ECS.  Very impressive offense

cdelaney

Quote from: Mtnview_14 on November 21, 2014, 10:33:04 pm
Good luck in the future ECS.  Very impressive offense
thanks. Hopefully you guys can build on the success you had this year.

Mtnview_14

We will have almost everyone back next year. Including our running back The only concern is Quarterback.   The backup this year has talent. But he's only 5'6. Not that they ever coach passing plays anyways....

YELLOWJACKETS20

Very Explosive passing game ecs. Mountain view will be back next year with same players just a different quarterback. #11 tailback josh burns will be back for his senior year. Good win ecs hats off to yall.

Pastureboy21

Good gob to both teams. Mountain View has had a great year. Congrats to the Wildcats for going to the quarterfinals 2 years in a row.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas