• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lamar fan base

Started by war cardinals, November 18, 2014, 08:24:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

war cardinals

What kind of fan base will Lamar bring will it be standing room only i knw the whole town of smackover will there i herd its a chance of showers and not as cold safe traveling Lamar fans..

BAMA#16

Clara Allen

Lamar fans travel well.
We are working on a fan bus for students

war cardinals

Oh and Lamar fans we have excellent concessions hope your hungry

Sick Dog

Good. It will probably be ur last one of the year

war cardinals

Lol i guess Friday cnt get here fast enouh to find out hootens.com goin with buckaroos by 8

Proud Buckaroo

Smackover's home stands will be packed to the brim! I hope we get loud. I hope we make noise! Make the stands rumble. The best part of football Friday nights!!

Clara Allen

So if Lamar fans want to get a bite to eat before the game, where are the good places to go without going into ElDo?  I haven't been down that far south in a while.   Coming in by way of Camden, probably.  Besides the excellent concession stand!

war cardinals

Well Camden has McDonalds and Chinese buffet a chelles steaks fish and whatever else pizza hut KFC the cardinal cafe popeyes chicken taco bell subway and TJs place its a fish and burger place real good.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: war cardinals on November 18, 2014, 10:08:42 pm
Well Camden has McDonalds and Chinese buffet a chelles steaks fish and whatever else pizza hut KFC the cardinal cafe popeyes chicken taco bell subway and TJs place its a fish and burger place real good.

Oh My....

Clara Allen

Ok. That sounds like a good selection!  Thanks!

war cardinals

No eating places in smackover except for pizza pro and a gas station has a deli people usually go to eldorado

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on November 18, 2014, 09:26:49 pm
So if Lamar fans want to get a bite to eat before the game, where are the good places to go without going into ElDo?  I haven't been down that far south in a while.   Coming in by way of Camden, probably.  Besides the excellent concession stand!

Ya"ll might want to hold off on the grub...........Ya"ll probably gonna be sick by halftime...

BUCK FEVER

November 18, 2014, 11:33:51 pm #13 Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 11:43:06 pm by BUCK FEVER
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 18, 2014, 09:15:42 pm
Smackover's home stands will be packed to the brim! I hope we get loud. I hope we make noise! Make the stands rumble. The best part of football Friday nights!!

Yep, we gonna be ROCKIN BUCKAROO STADIUM....I plan on pickin up my scotish cousins down at the river bottoms and bringing em to town friday night to help out the Buckaroo band, I'm sure the Lamar crowd will enjoy em......Been a couple months sense they been to town, I"ll make sure they all take a bath BEFORE FRIDAY...... HERE THEY WERE AT THE LAST SMACKOVER OIL TOWN FESTIVAL........I'M PRETTY DANG PROUD OF EM.

BUCK FEVER

can"t believe I got slapped, for no reason.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on November 18, 2014, 10:50:20 pm

Ya"ll might want to hold off on the grub...........Ya"ll probably gonna be sick by halftime...

Doubt it

macadoshis

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on November 19, 2014, 12:45:08 am

Doubt it

It'd be nice to ask a question and not get a sarcastic answer.  But i have come to expect it.  Its all good though.

Proud Buckaroo

There isn't really a spectacular place to eat at in El Dorado.. But, I can name a few places that are good in El Dorado..

El Dorado: Bandara's steak house, Lerado Grill, Antiqua's, and La Villa. If you like mexican food; The last three I named off is pretty good. We also have an apple bee's.

DogsWin7

Quote from: macadoshis on November 19, 2014, 03:31:59 am

Doubt it

It'd be nice to ask a question and not get a sarcastic answer.  But i have come to expect it.  Its all good though.
Hold out hope.....it does happen, occasionally.  :)

Clara Allen

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 19, 2014, 04:42:24 am

Doubt it

Thanks to those who did act nice and answer helpfully.   I was beginning to wonder if anybody in that part of the state had any raising.  Obviously there are a few. 

Proud Buckaroo

La Villa has a mean burrito for someone with a large appetite. It's called the giganto burrito. If anyone has eaten at the Mexican resturant in Warren. It's equal to that one. It has beans, rice, grilled onion, pepper, steak, chicken, avacoda, sour cream and pico. It's smothered in white cheese. I can only eat half of it. It usually runs about $6.99.

BUCK FEVER

I figured ya"ll would get a kick out of my monkey business.

Clara Allen

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on November 19, 2014, 07:41:17 am
I figured ya"ll would get a kick out of my monkey business.

To quote Taylor Swift- why you gotta be so mean

Jabali

Quote from: war cardinals on November 18, 2014, 08:24:32 pm
What kind of fan base will Lamar bring will it be standing room only i knw the whole town of smackover will there i herd its a chance of showers and not as cold safe traveling Lamar fans..
Probably lots of people with the names like Hignite and Pelts. They are like alligators. They all look alike just come in different sizes.

Clara Allen

Quote from: Jabali on November 19, 2014, 05:47:20 pm
Quote from: war cardinals on November 18, 2014, 08:24:32 pm
Probably lots of people with the names like Hignite and Pelts. They are like alligators. They all look alike just come in different sizes.
Since nobody on the team has either last name, it's doubtful  but if that's the best you got then ok.   

HorseCollar

A-1 pawn ( was a pawn shop, now a resturaunt....strange, I know) in smackover on 7 business has outstanding food and is less than 5 mins from field. Outside of that I would recommend stopping in Camden or driving into ELDO to eat.

BUCK FEVER

Doubt it

LOL, .after i get to know them we will be like family ;D.....but you know i have to initiate the first time newbies...........just a fever thing. 8)

Clara Allen

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on November 19, 2014, 07:20:51 pm

Doubt it

LOL, .after i get to know them we will be like family ;D.....but you know i have to initiate the first time newbies...........just a fever thing. 8)

Buck let me tell you something- I may be a lot of things but newbie ain't one of them

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on November 19, 2014, 07:39:25 pm

Doubt it

Buck let me tell you something- I may be a lot of things but newbie ain't one of them

Sorry my comment flew over your head..................... (new) as in playing Smackover.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on November 19, 2014, 07:39:25 pm

Doubt it

What ya talking about...you are all newbies :D

hoghelmet14

We took the looooooooooooooooooooong road trip to Smackover last year..... WE were treated superbly.... the food at the C Stand was great... and the folks were very accommodating.....

Since I travel with the team .... we get there at 5:00...... and the staff and fans were the best we have ever dealt with as far as being cool.

Proud Buckaroo

I am assuming you are a Paris fan? It's good to hear such great compliments towards are community.

hoghelmet14

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 20, 2014, 10:39:41 am
I am assuming you are a Paris fan? It's good to hear such great compliments towards are community.

Yes....

hoghelmet14

We were treated exactly the opposite at fountain lake.....

Proud Buckaroo

I have heard about the way you were treated at Fountain Lake.

El Jefe

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on November 20, 2014, 10:52:04 am
What did you expect from that classless bunch...and Smackover will be ok as long as you don't have to walk through the crowd to get to the locker room. If you do I suggest getting back to back.

Clara Allen

I hope the good folks of Smackover will be accommodating. It's a long ride, and one I will do gladly!   Can't wait till tomorrow!   

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: El Jefe on November 20, 2014, 11:01:41 am
What did you expect from that classless bunch...and Smackover will be ok as long as you don't have to walk through the crowd to get to the locker room. If you do I suggest getting back to back.

Really not sure why that is being brought up.... By the way. There is a fence up around the path the players walk on and the fans are not allowed on it while the players walk through to the locker room

hoghelmet14

I have no clue what your referring too.... we were treated with class at Smackover.

KOJACK

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 20, 2014, 11:14:58 am

Really not sure why that is being brought up.... By the way. There is a fence up around the path the players walk on and the fans are not allowed on it while the players walk through to the locker room
Thank goodness...

Proud Buckaroo

Come on, guys. There is no point in bringing that up..

KOJACK

TheTruth2010

I really wish I could make the trip, I'll be stuck at work having to keep up with the game on my breaks.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on November 20, 2014, 01:35:21 pm
I really wish I could make the trip, I'll be stuck at work having to keep up with the game on my breaks.

A good fan would quit his job and go support!

Proud Buckaroo

Oldschool. Does taking vacation count?

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 20, 2014, 01:44:08 pm
Oldschool. Does taking vacation count?

I suppose.  That is the smarter thing to do!

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on November 20, 2014, 11:01:48 am
I hope the good folks of Smackover will be accommodating. It's a long ride, and one I will do gladly!   Can't wait till tomorrow!

We will be taking special care of you, no worries.

Clara Allen

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on November 20, 2014, 03:17:56 pm

Hmmmm. Not sure how to take THAT!!!!

cdelaney

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on November 20, 2014, 03:23:36 pm
Quote from: BUCK FEVER on November 20, 2014, 03:17:56 pm

Hmmmm. Not sure how to take THAT!!!!
I can vouch for them, the folks at Smack were all very cool last year, great concessions, etc.
And the visitor locker room was immaculate

TheTruth2010

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas