• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DAVID VS GOLIATH

Started by BassMaster33, November 17, 2014, 04:06:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BassMaster33

Appalachian St VS Michigan, upsets happen every yr! 

Fouke VS Charleston     

IT COULD HAPPEN!

I know I'm fixin to get destroyed over this 1,  but I'm tired of talking about Smackover! Lol

Mohawk 54

No I don't believe there is a big enough rock for this David vs. Goliath.

BassMaster33

The Dynasty

A whole mountain side wouldn't do you any good.

Mohawk 54

ARTexan

Lol, you guys are probably right. Great QB, and a great team at Chuck town. This is a great stepping stone for our young football team to see what they got, and where they need to be! Good luck Panthers!!

Hootie

Charleston presents... "Messing with Sasquatch, Fouke Edition"

BassMaster33

So y'all are sayin we're gonna be quoting Forrest Gump come Sat morning?! 
Anyone know this quote!?  Lol

Jabali

They are Goliath in more ways than one.

I wonder how  Charleston would do if the County Line Indians (schools ~6 miles apart) would man up and start playing football?

BassMaster33

Quote from: Hootie on November 17, 2014, 04:22:12 pm
Charleston presents... "Messing with Sasquatch, Fouke Edition"
We all know how that turns out, now don't we Hootie! Squach ends up throwing them for a loop! 

Sooo, Did u just pick Fouke over Chuck??

nastynice

Maybe this thread will keep all the tiger posters busy for a while.

adaptedtigerfan

Nah I'm sure I will venture in to others threads.  8)

nastynice

OLDSCHOOL82

Awesome,  another thread about chucktown.

Lineman

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 17, 2014, 04:56:28 pm
You can never have too many!!

YC

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 17, 2014, 04:56:28 pm

Lays potato chips; You can't eat just one!
Charleston Tiger threads; You can't have just one!

Does anyone want my take on this game?? If at least two people say yes I will say a few words (I really don't care how many say no) ;D

adaptedtigerfan

adaptedtigerfan

BassMaster33

nastynice

Lineman

YC

November 17, 2014, 07:08:49 pm #21 Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 07:46:32 pm by IofthaTiger
Now you be Nice Nasty!! Besides you don't count ;D

Okay let's do a little history lesson.

Think back a couple years and especially since we departed from the wing-t/wing-slot and went to the spread offense.
Charleston 23 Gentry 15
Charleston 31 Lamar 6
Charleston 27 McGehee 6
Charleston 46 Earle 8
Charleston 62 Two Rivers 20

You may ask, what's you point all but one appear to be comfortable wins? What do these games have in common? They were all played on a somewhat wet field and some were also in wet conditions plus cold temps.

In the Gentry game it was not cold but the field was somewhat wet and the offense struggle all night. In the Lamar game it was not that cold but rained off and on throughout the game. The defense stepped up big as the offense struggle all night. The defense scored at least one TD on a pick six and perhaps (can't remember for sure) a second. If defense didn't score the second they at least provided us a short field for one. It was cold and intermitting rain throughout the McGehee game. The Tigers led 7-0 at half but before putting it together (somewhat) scoring three in the second. In the Earle game the Tigers got a TD with just seconds remaining in the 1st half to take a 14-8 lead at half but got it together in the 2nd.

In this year's Two Rivers game it came a monsoon 30 minutes before game time and play was delayed about 30 minutes. It did rain off and on throughout the game. I will say however for a natural grass field the Two Rivers field did seem to drain well and was sloppy but not near as much as some other would have been after that kind of rain. The Tigers only held a 13 point lead a half and only 6 early in the 3rd before running away with it. Two Rivers did help them out some with some key fumbles.

Bottom line is the Tigers offense doesn't play well and especially in the 1st half went playing in wet or wet and cold conditions.

Fouke had a good team last year and there is no reason to think they haven't got some talent this year as well. We as fans (not coaches) not being used to seeing them or knowing much about them really have no clue of what they are capable of doing. They could have some strengths that perhaps will work very well against our weaknesses. I am really looking forward to seeing them because I love seeing teams I've never seen before.   

The Tigers should win this game but it could be played in wet and cold conditions and it could be much closer than some expect.

YC over and out...

Sick Dog

2010Tigerhaz-been

Quote from: IofthaTiger on November 17, 2014, 07:08:49 pm

Think back a couple years and especially since we departed from the wing-t/wing-slot and went to the spread offense.
Charleston 23 Gentry 15
Charleston 31 Lamar 6
Charleston 27 McGehee 6
Charleston 46 Earle 8
Charleston 62 Two Rivers 8

You may ask, what's you point all but one appear to be comfortable wins? What do these games have in common? They were all played on a somewhat wet field and some were also in wet conditions plus cold temps.

In the Gentry game it was not cold but the field was somewhat wet and the offense struggle all night. In the Lamar game it was not that cold but rained off and on throughout the game. The defense stepped up big as the offense struggle all night. The defense scored at least one TD on a pick six and perhaps (can't remember for sure) a second. If defense didn't score the second they at least provided us a short field for one. It was cold and intermitting rain throughout the McGehee game. The Tigers led 7-0 at half but before putting it together (somewhat) scoring three in the second. In the Earle game the Tigers got a TD with just seconds remaining in the 1st half to take a 14-8 lead at half but got it together in the 2nd.

In this year's Two Rivers game it came a monsoon 30 minutes before game time and play was delayed about 30 minutes. It did rain off and on throughout the game. I will say however for a natural grass field the Two Rivers field did seem to drain well and was sloppy but not near as much as some other would have been after that kind of rain. The Tigers only held a 13 point lead a half and only 6 early in the 3rd before running away with it. Two Rivers did help them out some with some key fumbles.

Bottom line is the Tigers offense doesn't play well and especially in the 1st half went playing in wet or wet and cold conditions.

Fouke had a good team last year and there is no reason to think they haven't got some talent this year as well. We as fans (not coaches) not being used to seeing them or knowing much about them really have no clue of what they are capable of doing. They could have some strengths that perhaps will work very well against our weaknesses. I am really looking forward to seeing them because I love seeing teams I've never seen before.   

The Tigers should win this game but it could be played in wet and cold conditions and it could be much closer than some expect.

YC over and out...

Well put. I see it being close until mid-way third quarter.

HorseFeathers

Wasn't the Charleston Two Rivers Game 62-20? not 8? Still a blow out but give tha Gators a little bit of credit lol

WildcatGrandpa13

Bigfoot's slingshot is gonna have to be pretty stout to take down Storey & Co.

YC

Quote from: HF on November 17, 2014, 07:44:04 pm
Wasn't the Charleston Two Rivers Game 62-20? not 8? Still a blow out but give tha Gators a little bit of credit lol

Yes it was. My mistake.

Lineman

That's kinda been the tigers MO for the last couple of years. Go toe to toe for the 1st half, make adjustments at half, expose a weakness and then pounce. I've said for years I'd put our coaching staff against anyone else's. Not bad mouthing other staffs just saying IMO we have one of the better ones.

WPWells

If we're using this reference, then Charleston must be David

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 17, 2014, 08:07:54 pm
If we're using this reference, then Charleston must be David
Oh 12th Man

WPWells

WildcatGrandpa13

Foukeatraz

If the panthers can keep the Charleston Offense off of the field and control the clock, they will fair okay. I don't think Fouke will be shut out, and Charleston is for sure going to score. The Panthers just cannot, by anymeans, get in a scoring contest with the Tigers. Time of possession will be a big key if we want to stay in this game.

Foukeatraz

If the panthers can keep the Charleston Offense off of the field and control the clock, they will fair okay. I don't think Fouke will be shut out, and Charleston is for sure going to score. The Panthers just cannot, by anymeans, get in a scoring contest with the Tigers. Time of possession will be a big key if we want to stay in this game.

Foukeatraz

Foukeatraz

BassMaster33

Dang Foukeatraz, you really wanna get that point across don't cha!? Lol

BassMaster33

Quote from: IofthaTiger on November 17, 2014, 07:08:49 pm

Charleston 23 Gentry 15
Charleston 31 Lamar 6
Charleston 27 McGehee 6
Charleston 46 Earle 8
Charleston 62 Two Rivers 20

YC over and out...

Well said, last Yrs Panthers team had a lot more depth and size!  We're extremely young this yr, and are missing our Sr D-End, and our Sr Outside Backer to Knee injurys!  Losing those 2 hurt us a lot, but these young guys don't give up! Well coached kids that play hard! And our RB #24, will be as good of a back as the Tigers have faced! 

Hootie

The clock will be running in the 2nd half.

XFalkonz

Fouke has a good team...charleston has a much better team....Fouke will put up a fight....Charleston will win...

Foukeatraz

I'm not really sure why my comment showed up four times. Sorry for the inconvenience.

WHITEchicken

all these history lessons but none before chucktown moved up from 2A.....still bitter about all those times JC knocked yall out of the playoffs?

FootballGuru

This is a true David vs Goliath match up.  Fouke, under Head Coach Rick Barker (2nd year with team) has made UNBELIEVABLE strides from where they used to be and have made the playoffs in back to back seasons and also won their first playoff game in school history.  He will have them prepared and they will play hard and be physical.  Unfortunately, this David vs Goliath match up will not end how it is suppose too.  Fouke will control the clock to begin the game and pound the rock with #24.  However, I see it getting out of hand when Charleston starts getting the ball and spreading it around.  Fouke will compete early but unfortunately it will not last...........

Final Score:
Fouke 21

Charleston 56

The Guru has spoken!! 

adaptedtigerfan

WPWells

JC never knocked Charleston out of the playoffs. Check your facts bro

adaptedtigerfan

I think the chicken has JC & Shiloh confused

YC

Quote from: WHITEchicken on November 19, 2014, 10:40:52 am
all these history lessons but none before chucktown moved up from 2A.....still bitter about all those times JC knocked yall out of the playoffs?

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 19, 2014, 11:39:50 am
JC never knocked Charleston out of the playoffs. Check your facts bro

They did one time 12th man but WHITEchicken needs to get his facts straight before posting. Probably all he is doing is just trying to get an argument started.

Charleston and JC have played three games all when both were 2A and all three were in the playoffs.

Charleston 28 Jct. City 14
Jct. City 32 Charleston 27
Charleston 24 Jct. City 08

WPWells

Wasn't the 2005 game the year that Shane Whitlock called a fair catch on a punt and then we used the obscure rule about an unopposed free kick after a fair caught punt to score right before the half?

YC

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 19, 2014, 11:53:57 am
Wasn't the 2005 game the year that Shane Whitlock called a fair catch on a punt and then we used the obscure rule about an unopposed free kick after a fair caught punt to score right before the half?

Yes it was.

WPWells

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas