• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Previewing Class 3A in Cycle 6C (2016-2018)

Started by x14113, November 16, 2014, 10:42:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

x14113

November 16, 2014, 10:42:55 am Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 11:20:37 am by x14113
Just one week into the playoffs, and folks are already buzzing over how the high school landscape will change in two years.

Thanks to the timing of required data, this landscape is all but set.

I've been crunching the numbers provided at the ADE Data website, and I have a pretty good idea as to where most schools will end up. The website is below, for those that wish to check out the numbers themselves.

https://adedata.arkansas.gov/statewide/

To start, I'll list the schools that may or may not be in 3A, depending on what happens with Bentonville West and North Pulaski.

Upper Cutoff: Booneville (297.67), Rivercrest (294.67)
Lower Cutoff: Gurdon (186.67), Rison (184)

Even without that, though, Class 3A will be witness to quite a bit of change.

On the upper end, West Fork (303.33) has grown back into 4A, with Clinton (284) dipping to take its place. Then there's Newport (276), whose numbers have been in freefall for a while now.

On the lower end, Walnut Ridge (197.67) is finally forced to renew its rivalry with cross-tracks neighbor Hoxie (205.67). Meanwhile, current 3A-4 members Danville (181.67) and Lavaca (180) make the drop together to 2A.

Finally, Barton (194.33) could find itself displaced if Hartford (86.33) is folded into Hackett (155.33), as many are expecting.

jr17

What do you mean depending on what happens with Bentonville west and NP.

x14113

Simply put, the former's expected to open in time, and the latter could shut down entirely.

Proud Buckaroo

With the consolidations of Smackover and Norphlet. Total number will be 298.5. Pushing them closer to 4A. Will remain 3A through the cycle of 2016. Will they be 4A if they recieve more numbers?

x14113

Actually, the ADM I got for Smackover was 291.67, with numbers fluctuating slightly (284 > 298 > 293). What grades are you counting, and which years?

The 'Roos are still close to jumping to 4A, but where would the numbers needed come from?

Proud Buckaroo

Clara Allen

Boy you did a lot of searching.   Typically AAA uses enrollment grades 9-11 I think for classifying.  At least that's what I was told once upon a time

Proud Buckaroo

Clara Allen

OLDSCHOOL82

lorettalynn

Proud Buckaroo

OLDSCHOOL82

Think about the number and think about the kids in your school.  It's only 3 grades.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 16, 2014, 07:55:35 pm
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 16, 2014, 06:44:28 pm
It's 9-11 for all.

On the AAA website, the cycle shows 9-12.

You are wrong man....It's a 2 year average of grades 9-11.

I haven't seen a newspaper article or anything official. But as far as Hackett/Hartford is concerned, Hartford is expected to remain open as long as financially possible, but Hartford will no longer field a football team and the students will be allowed to play football at Hackett.

Proud Buckaroo

Just double checked. It does say 9-11. My bad. I could have sworn it was 9-12. Oh well.

AnotherTurfMonkey

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 16, 2014, 08:35:24 pm
Just double checked. It does say 9-11. My bad. I could have sworn it was 9-12. Oh well.

Come on Proud Buckaroo.
Don't you think that the principal of the High School would know.

:-*

Proud Buckaroo

HorseFeathers

So assuming private schools stay the same...and not actually measuring things OR looking at a map lol

3A-1
Losing West Fork
---Gaining Either Clinton or Melbourne...Guessing Melbourne
3A-2
Losing Atkins to the 3A-4
---Gaining....Newport
3A-3
Losing--I think Melbourne or Cedar Ridge are the iffy teams to leave, the guess is which one, or possibly both. Either could go to the 3A-2, they make as much sense as Atkins did in that conference.
---Gaining---Walnut Ridge...Possibly Newport as well
3A-4
---Losing...Lavaca and Danville---Both Drop to 2A
Gaining---Atkins...maybe Clinton, they've traditionally bounced between delta conferences and the 4A-4...
3A-5
---Should be the same
3A-6
---Should be the same.

Like I said, I haven't looked at a map to really eyeball the distances...But it's just a list of possibilities based of X's numbers...

Proud Buckaroo

HF:

Possibly losing his mind from boredom.

Gaining: Nothing. lolll.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 23, 2014, 10:41:36 pm
HF:

Possibly losing his mind from boredom.

Gaining: Nothing. lolll.

Yeah...Insomnia is a friend of mine lol

Proud Buckaroo

You could always just try to count pigs... Oh, Wait. lol.

TeeLee

I'm to lazy to look at the numbers but if Hackett & Hartford combine it may give them the numbers to move to 3A.  Then they could be in 4-3A and Clinton could keep their bodies in the delta.  Atkins is far enough to drive and sure don't want to drive to both especially in the same year.

TeeLee

I need to read slower.  x14113 already had Hackett & Hartford numbers in his first post. He had their totals at 241.  If that's right,it would put them about the middle of 3A. Great, I sure didn't want to drive to Clinton. Don't know why I complain tho,  I've drove to Searcy 4 or 5 times for football and basketball.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: x14113 on November 16, 2014, 10:42:55 am
Just one week into the playoffs, and folks are already buzzing over how the high school landscape will change in two years.

I've been crunching the numbers provided at the ADE Data website, and I have a pretty good idea as to where most schools will end up. The website is below, for those that wish to check out the numbers themselves.

To start, I'll list the schools that may or may not be in 3A, depending on what happens with Bentonville West and North Pulaski.

On the upper end, West Fork (303.33) has grown back into 4A, with Clinton (284) dipping to take its place. Then there's Newport (276), whose numbers have been in freefall for a while now.

On the lower end, Walnut Ridge (197.67) is finally forced to renew its rivalry with cross-tracks neighbor Hoxie (205.67). Meanwhile, current 3A-4 members Danville (181.67) and Lavaca (180) make the drop together to 2A.

Finally, Barton (194.33) could find itself displaced if Hartford (86.33) is folded into Hackett (155.33), as many are expecting.
Shows Danville at 241 and Lavaca at 236. How will they drop

Coach Jones

The real question is: When does the AAA release the new classifications?  I thought is was usually sometime this spring, but I don't remember.

Coach Jones

RECLASSIFICATION 2014-2016
Was posted:
4/30/2013 7:53:14 AM

I guess I answered my own question.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Coach Jones on November 24, 2014, 09:14:59 am
The real question is: When does the AAA release the new classifications?  I thought is was usually sometime this spring, but I don't remember.

Should be in about 5 months :D...X must have had a lot of time on his hands to figure it all up before hand...

whippersnapper

Glad Newport is finally dropping. They had a nickname this year the "Dirty 30". Unfortunately it would catch up to us at times with depth and size. Haha.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 24, 2014, 07:58:09 am

Where di you get 241 and 236?

Bearcatdad

Quote from: HF on November 24, 2014, 10:05:02 am

It's on the ADE link you posted. 

YC

I'm not sure I'm reading this correct because by looking at the last classification numbers and comparing them to what appears to be for the next according to the link X provided there are some huge numbers changes.

Again if I am reading it right – and I very well may not be because the numbers I'm coming up with don't jive with the ones X has– it appears Booneville will be gaining about 15 students, Charleston will be losing about 20, but the real shocker is Lavaca. It appears they will be losing over 40. I don't understand that since I am in the Lavaca area quite often and there is more than double the new residential homes being build than there is at Charleston and there is not near as many homes setting empty for sale as there are at Charleston.

If they do indeed close Hartford and combine it with Hackett that would put Hackett right about the middle of the 3A. However, I think many of those Hartford students would most likely end up at Mansfield. I am now hearing Hartford might stay open but the kids that want to play football can play at Hackett. If true that just don't seem quite fair to me that they would gain the players but not have to count the Hartford numbers – but then again, there are lots of things happening today that is not quite fair.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 24, 2014, 03:21:31 pm
Quote from: HF on November 24, 2014, 10:05:02 am

It's on the ADE link you posted. 

Numbers used for reclassification are a 3 year average of 9-11 grades. Number you are looking at is 9-12 for this year.

TeeLee

If I counted correctly Charleston only likes 9 or 10 less students and they would drop to 2A.

OLDSCHOOL82

November 25, 2014, 09:16:09 am #33 Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 09:37:06 am by OLDSCHOOL82
Hey HF or X, where do you go within the site to find the 3 year average?  Or, are you just looking at the 3 years numbers and averaging them your self?

TeeLee

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 25, 2014, 09:16:09 am
Hey HF or X, where do you go within the site to find the 3 year average?  Or, are you just looking at the 3 years numbers and averaging them your self?

I'm not HF or X but I just added the 9 - 11 grades (numbers) and figured that total would be the average.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 25, 2014, 09:16:09 am

adding the 9-11 numbers for the 3 years to get the average.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas