• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harding Academy vs. Mayflower

Started by North Face, November 15, 2014, 05:00:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

North Face

Mayflower and HA meet for the second time this year. HA defeated Mayflower in Week 9 by the score of 55-48. Thoughts?

Proud Buckaroo

It's hard to beat a team twice. I think it will be a close one but Harding wins again.

TheTruth2010

Harding by the skin of their teeth. 41-40

neds

soldier

HeadBussa08

mtindian42

USA TODAY SCORE PREDICTOR. HA 42 MAYFLOWER 35.

adaptedtigerfan

HA squeezed by a few weeks ago.  Don't think they can do it again...  Mayflower by 14

WildcatGrandpa13

This one will come down to the wire, but Mayflower wins by a TD

RiceBurner501

I think this one is too close to call. could go either way. HA by 1.  it will be one of the better ones this Friday

SuperTurfMonkey

I flipped a coin on this one...so HA by 3.

WPWells

Harding won a close one the first time, now Mayflower wins a close one. Eagles by 7

BAMA#16

It's hard to beat an evenly matched team twice, but HA by two td's.

Marchingbandwildcat

November 17, 2014, 10:31:20 am #14 Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 10:33:10 am by Marchingbandwildcat
I'm pretty confident that Harding wins this one but it could still go either way. Harding's  players are healthy and the game is played in Searcy. 35-28 Gatos.

Lions84

WCD

The Wildcats have been improving over the course of the season! They are sound fundamentally at this point at this point in time and should be out with the best game this season. I give a lot of credit to the Eagles for being a tough team and I am certain that they will come prepared to play! Each team at this time of year are capable of winning but the HA Wildcats at home will be too much fpr the Mayflower Eagles to beat.

I expect a 10 point spread to be attained!

GO CATS!

WCD ;D

Inigo Montoya

Quote from: WCD on November 17, 2014, 02:50:05 pm
The Wildcats have been improving over the course of the season! They are sound fundamentally at this point at this point in time and should be out with the best game this season. I give a lot of credit to the Eagles for being a tough team and I am certain that they will come prepared to play! Each team at this time of year are capable of winning but the HA Wildcats at home will be too much fpr the Mayflower Eagles to beat.

I expect a 10 point spread to be attained!

GO CATS!

WCD ;D

I agree that it is difficult to beat a team twice especially a formidable one such as Mayflower. I am sure that both teams are making adjustments since now both teams have seen how each other plays. Injuries if significant and turnovers are always part of my criteria in determining the outcome of this game. Best wishes to both sides and as always, I am pulling my gatos. :)

soldier

I have a lot of respect for Harding, the players, fans, and coaches.  HA is the type of team that will play hard and smart on every play, and then they will help a player up and say good job.  I think there is mutual respect among both teams.  However, I will be a homer,
and say that Mayflower wins this one by a TD. It could go either way, but there were too many costly errors from Mayflower the last time around.  I hope it will be different this time for Mayflower. I'm looking forward to the game for sure.   

soldier

BTW......AAA screwed up on this game!  No conference should ever play their 1 and 2 finishers in the second round.....js.   I'm done. I feel better now. LOL!!

ChucktownTiger

Wish I could make it to this one. Should
Be a GREAT High School Playoff game. Don't know a whole lot about Mayflower. Just what I've read on here and in the paper. Should be a doosey.

HA - 42

Mayflower - 38

cdelaney

Quote from: soldier on November 19, 2014, 12:52:50 pm
BTW......AAA screwed up on this game!  No conference should ever play their 1 and 2 finishers in the second round.....js.   I'm done. I feel better now. LOL!!
They shouldn't play until finals! And this year there are several on the same side, but only 2-3A gets it in second round. Helen Keller could have designed a better bracket with her hands tied behind her back.

soldier

Quote from: cdelaney on November 19, 2014, 01:55:09 pm
They shouldn't play until finals! And this year there are several on the same side, but only 2-3A gets it in second round. Helen Keller could have designed a better bracket with her hands tied behind her back.

+1

Hogwild#9

Quote from: soldier on November 19, 2014, 01:56:03 pm

+1
Not a bad draw for Mayflower this year though. Mayflower played in possibly the weakest conference in 3A this year. If they had to play another conference 2 or 3 seed this round they would likely lose by 3+ TD's. Luckily they get to play a HA team that is way down and a team they know they can play with. Look at how the 2-3A did in the first round. BK, Barton and Marianna were all mercy ruled. 2 of them only scored one TD a piece. Mayflower only won by 2 TD's vs a 4 seed from a weak conference as well. So Mayflower fans thank the AAA for the "screw up" that is actually a blessing to the Mayflower Eagles. That is just my two cents and you can take it for what it's worth. Good luck to both teams in this battle. Should be a dandy. If I'm going to lose to a team theirs not a better team to lose to than HA. Classy fans players and coaches. 

soldier

Quote from: Hogwild#9 on November 19, 2014, 02:24:48 pm
Quote from: soldier on November 19, 2014, 01:56:03 pm

+1
Not a bad draw for Mayflower this year though. Mayflower played in possibly the weakest conference in 3A this year. If they had to play another conference 2 or 3 seed this round they would likely lose by 3+ TD's. Luckily they get to play a HA team that is way down and a team they know they can play with. Look at how the 2-3A did in the first round. BK, Barton and Marianna were all mercy ruled. 2 of them only scored one TD a piece. Mayflower only won by 2 TD's vs a 4 seed from a weak conference as well. So Mayflower fans thank the AAA for the "screw up" that is actually a blessing to the Mayflower Eagles. That is just my two cents and you can take it for what it's worth. Good luck to both teams in this battle. Should be a dandy. If I'm going to lose to a team theirs not a better team to lose to than HA. Classy fans players and coaches.

I totally respect your opinion, but come on!   Don't hate, bro!  We have been missing key players the whole year.   We lost to two 4A teams and one of them was by a point.  If we cut down on the penalties and things, we can beat HA.  IMO, the better team did not win 3 weeks ago.  I might be wrong, but I will always be a homer.   

soldier

Will the clock be fixed this time?  Maybe a new operator...... because it hurt both teams momentum last time.  Just wondering?

RowdyReputation40

jr17

soldier

FNLsupporter

This could be a different game than expected if it rains.  It might rely on the ground game more than the air raid in the rain.  I'm saying HA still finds a way to win, just because they are a proven team with experience and tradition at home.  Tough to beat them Wildcats at home!!

HA 36
Mayflower 32

Big Red

November 20, 2014, 12:14:56 am #30 Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 12:32:04 am by Big Red
Quote from: soldier on November 19, 2014, 12:46:21 pm
I have a lot of respect for Harding, the players, fans, and coaches.  HA is the type of team that will play hard and smart on every play, and then they will help a player up and say good job.  I think there is mutual respect among both teams.  However, I will be a homer,
and say that Mayflower wins this one by a TD. It could go either way, but there were too many costly errors from Mayflower the last time around.  I hope it will be different this time for Mayflower. I'm looking forward to the game for sure.   
Ive become a Mayflower fan over the past few years for several different reasons (except when youre playing us of course, still a fan, just hope yall don't win, LOL)  and I think there is that mutual respect you are talking about.  We were very beat up 3 weeks ago and I learned yall were too.  From what I understand, both teams will be healthier this time (yall maybe a bit more).  Whatever the case, this has good game written all over it.

soldier

Quote from: Big Red on November 20, 2014, 12:14:56 am
Quote from: soldier on November 19, 2014, 12:46:21 pm
Ive become a Mayflower fan over the past few years for several different reasons (except when youre playing us of course, still a fan, just hope yall don't win, LOL)  and I think there is that mutual respect you are talking about.  We were very beat up 3 weeks ago and I learned yall were too.  From what I understand, both teams will be healthier this time (yall maybe a bit more).  Whatever the case, this has good game written all over it.

+1

BAMA#16

HA is a first class program, administration down to the players, we played at Harding last year and we were treated very nicely.

3cats

I think these programs respect each other.   Some of the players, coaches, and fans, have become pretty close.   It should be a fun atmosphere.   Good luck to both teams

twincats16

Much respect for the players and coaches at Mayflower.  Last game was a great one to watch!  Just a shame that these two teams have to play this early in the playoffs.

3cats

Got to give mayflower a lot of credit for this win.    They hung in when it looked like things could get out of hand.     Great game and good luck.

Bwana

Both teams are first class and a credit to their communities and their conference.. As stated, it's a shame they had to play each other this early in the playoffs.. I wish the best for all these young men in the future..

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas