• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hoxie at McGehee

Started by owl84, November 14, 2014, 11:59:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

owl84

I know nothing about Hoxie.  Do they run or pass?

Proud Buckaroo

They pass a lot. But watch for their QB. He is tall, big and hard to bring down.

Iron Owl

Looks like they are a quality team.  10 wins, only loss was to Osceola by 5.  Should be a good match up.  Our secondary played pretty well tonight.  They may get tested a lot next week.

redandgray

ISU7

FootballFan50

Will be a very good matchup. I'm taking Hoxie by 2. 28-26

State champs 2010

Should be a good matchup! But hoxie in a close one 28-21

OB11

Hoxie's QB will be the difference maker in this one.  You'll have to stop him if you want to win.

adaptedtigerfan

The Owls continue to Round 3.

redandgray

I'm taking Hoxie in a close one.

neds

This may be the best game of the week to watch.
Mayflower and Harding will be a +90 over/under, entertaining as well

MustangRampage

I'm looking forward to making the trip down to McGehee on Friday.  I know they have a great O-Line and D-Line.  Looking at the forecast, it's supposed to be wet and nasty as well.  I'm predicting a hard-nosed slugfest, not unlike when we played Barton in the 2nd round last year.  I'm taking Hoxie by 7.

Iron Owl

Quote from: MustangRampage on November 15, 2014, 07:48:40 pm
I'm looking forward to making the trip down to McGehee on Friday.  I know they have a great O-Line and D-Line.  Looking at the forecast, it's supposed to be wet and nasty as well.  I'm predicting a hard-nosed slugfest, not unlike when we played Barton in the 2nd round last year.  I'm taking Hoxie by 7.
We will be looking forward to having you and your fans Mustang.  Hope it will be a good game.  Owls do well in the slop.

mtindian42

USA TODAY SCORE PREDICTOR. HOXIE 38 MCGEHEE 26.

TheTruth2010

Bearkatz51

Hoxie is the real deal.....they will win by 10-17  pts  IMO

Coltman 79

fbisgreat

Quote from: MustangRampage on November 15, 2014, 07:48:40 pm
Well the forecast I just saw said no rain and a low of 40.

Iron Owl

Watched some film on Hoxie with a couple of different teams, that were very inferior to Hoxie.  Looks like they like to throw the ball a lot, and the QB throws a nice ball.  Good size... Our secondary will be faster than the 2 games I watched.  Will be good to see how well we defend the pass.

Longfellow

If not for Booneville at Prescott, I would say this would be game of the week. I wish I could be there to see it

KOJACK

Sick Dog

How good is Hoxie on Defense? Is this game gonna be worth watching? It's one of my3 choices?

BUCK FEVER

SuperTurfMonkey

Coltman 79

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on November 16, 2014, 10:05:54 pm
Quote from: Coltman 79 on November 16, 2014, 05:37:44 pm
Hoxie by two touchdowns.

Sour grapes can cause you to blow gas.

Not sour grapes just my honest opinion. Don't need to comment any further other than your team was the better team Friday night. Good luck with the Hoxie Mustangs.

WPWells

Game of the week. I'll say Hoxie by 7

DatBoot

Depends on how many unsportsmanlike conducts can be thrown  ;D

Coltman 79

Quote from: DatBoot on November 17, 2014, 07:48:22 am
+1

Hootie

I'd like to see the film on Osceola vs Hoxie. McGehee and Osceola have the same type of athletes so I can see that causing problems for Hoxie. They're a good team no doubt about it, and we're just a "decent" team this year.  ;D

BAMA#16

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Coltman 79 on November 17, 2014, 08:08:52 am
+1
should have been one more when you threw our qb out of the baclk of the endzone on a running td. officials lost control of the game. both teams needed to shut up and play football.

Coltman 79

Quote from: Oldman on November 17, 2014, 08:58:20 am
Quote from: Coltman 79 on November 17, 2014, 08:08:52 am
+1
should have been one more when you threw our qb out of the baclk of the endzone on a running td. officials lost control of the game. both teams needed to shut up and play football.
[/quote
I totally agree, it was very obvious even the refs were confused. If that much talk was going on then someone needed to be going out of the game.

Jimbo Morphis

if you're thrown out after 2 personal fouls, how was no one ejected?

Coltman 79

It didn't make sense for nobody to have been thrown out. Our players have not had that many unsportsmanlike penalties called all year.

Iron Owl

Not pointing fingers here...My son said he had never heard player cursing other players and the refs like kids from Rivercrest were.  I'm sure it was going both ways.  Never seen an Official crew to call so many unsportsman like conduct penalties.  But, thats history now.  Moving on...

Iron Owl

Watching more film...this is my takaway...Oscela did have speed, but they used it out of a very different Offense than us.  I have yet to see a game where Hoxie has seen a Offense like what we try to do.  So they will have to prepare for something different.  Although we have met some "spread" teams this year, no one has thrown it on us as much as Hoxie will try to do.  Yes, without question we will have more speed that Hoxie.  Film is clear on that.  But they play disciplined, and they their size matches up well with ours.  End the end, #7 and #22 is just more than what Hoxie can stop.

Coltman 79

You are right, Hoxie is very disciplined. The quarterback is the coach's son and is a leader on the field. One thing that impressed me about McGehee was their discipline and that goes a long way. I just feel like Hoxie's overall experience and leadership will take them to a victory. Not taking anything away from McGehee, but I dont see that offense dominating Hoxie.

Hootie

Quote from: Coltman 79 on November 18, 2014, 07:49:52 am
You are right, Hoxie is very disciplined. The quarterback is the coach's son and is a leader on the field. One thing that impressed me about McGehee was their discipline and that goes a long way. I just feel like Hoxie's overall experience and leadership will take them to a victory. Not taking anything away from McGehee, but I dont see that offense dominating Hoxie.

We don't have to dominate Hoxie, just keep the ball away from them. A passing offense is useless when the defense can't get off the field.

Jimbo Morphis

from this point on in the season no one should be dominated by anyone other than fouke playing charleston.

adaptedtigerfan

Coltman 79

Hoxie is by no means only a passing team. The back and quarterback run a very good read option that is truly a read. The quarterback is not an easy boy to bring down. I dont know where you got the impression that they are only a passing team, because that is not the case whatsoever.

Hootie

Quote from: Coltman 79 on November 18, 2014, 01:53:33 pm
Hoxie is by no means only a passing team. The back and quarterback run a very good read option that is truly a read. The quarterback is not an easy boy to bring down. I dont know where you got the impression that they are only a passing team, because that is not the case whatsoever.

Game film doesn't lie.

Jimbo Morphis

the only thing i know about hoxie is they have a bunch of fans in rivercrest.

adaptedtigerfan

Jimbo Morphis

Jimbo Morphis

all you hoxie and rivercrest fans have a safe trip today.

OB11

Quote from: Oldman on November 21, 2014, 08:21:53 am

Can't Rivercrest fans pull for a team from their conference to do well? haha

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on November 21, 2014, 09:13:29 am

you bet, just having a little fun.

OB11

Quote from: Oldman on November 21, 2014, 09:17:02 am
Quote from: OliverBoy11 on November 21, 2014, 09:13:29 am

you bet, just having a little fun.

I was poking fun as well.  All of McGehee's fans on here have been great to go back and forth with.  Good luck to both teams tonight.  Should be a great one.

Iron Owl

Safe travel to the Hoxie team and fans.  I'm ready to "get it on!"  Go Owls!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas