• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Booneville @ Prescott Round 2

Started by JWiggs52, November 14, 2014, 09:30:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperTurfMonkey

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 16, 2014, 07:35:48 pm
Nope.  Just one week at a time.  There's still another week before the semis after this week. Cats will roll!
You are right...cats will roll, but it'll be Tigers!

SuperTurfMonkey

November 16, 2014, 11:31:46 pm #101 Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 02:24:33 am by SuperTurfMonkey
Prescott by 7 at home.

OLDSCHOOL82

This should be a fantastic football game.  Prescott and Booneville go way back and some of the ole timers want a little pay back im sure!

The Dynasty

Quote from: nastynice on November 15, 2014, 08:15:55 pm
Quote from: Sick Dog on November 15, 2014, 07:59:53 pm
My theory will come into play: team with best QB will win!
In high school that doesn't mean a thing. All the offenses are so different it's hard to compare who the best QB is. Now, you might say the QB that makes the best decisions and least mistakes will win.

I know who the best QB is!!!!

The Dynasty

I read someone said Preskitt has a bend don't break defense? That will never work against B'ville. You have to keep them in 2nd and 3rd and longs if you want to have a chance.

As far as offensively, if you can pass you can cause them some problems. In B'ville's defense outside of Storey their secondary hasn't been picked apart. I think this thing is headed to a B'ville/C'town rematch.

KOJACK

Quote from: The Dynasty on November 17, 2014, 10:14:49 am
I read someone said Preskitt has a bend don't break defense? That will never work against B'ville. You have to keep them in 2nd and 3rd and longs if you want to have a chance.

As far as offensively, if you can pass you can cause them some problems. In B'ville's defense outside of Storey their secondary hasn't been picked apart. I think this thing is headed to a B'ville/C'town rematch.
What I said was that Prescott plays a bend but don't break defense when it gets the lead. I guess I shoulda said big lead. You can believe that they will be playing down hill Friday night...until they get a big lead.  ;)

The Dynasty

Quote from: KOJACK on November 17, 2014, 11:10:42 am

What I said was that Prescott plays a bend but don't break defense when it gets the lead. I guess I shoulda said big lead. You can believe that they will be playing down hill Friday night...until they get a big lead.  ;)

That makes me feel a little better. B'ville was not the most physical team in the Charleston game and it wore them out by the second half.

Can Preskitt pass with consistency?

KOJACK

Quote from: The Dynasty on November 17, 2014, 11:23:48 am
Quote from: KOJACK on November 17, 2014, 11:10:42 am

That makes me feel a little better. B'ville was not the most physical team in the Charleston game and it wore them out by the second half.

Can Preskitt pass with consistency?
Yes...Qb is solid.

OLDSCHOOL82

Looking ahead at the weather it looks to be around a 40% chance of rain and temps in the low 50's to high 40's.  How does the curley wolves handle bad conditions?

Sick Dog

Has anyone  played in bad weather this year? so who knows. Im sure it will be someone's excuse if things don't go their way.

KOJACK

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 17, 2014, 12:18:09 pm
Looking ahead at the weather it looks to be around a 40% chance of rain and temps in the low 50's to high 40's.  How does the curley wolves handle bad conditions?
Shouldn't be an issue.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Sick Dog on November 17, 2014, 12:23:37 pm
Has anyone  played in bad weather this year? so who knows. Im sure it will be someone's excuse if things don't go their way.

Booneville at Lamar week 6.  Weather wasnt just horrible but the field conditions were.

DogsWin7

Coach Booneville

I'm new to FF, but have read the forums for several years now.  Just now got around to making an account.  I'm really looking forward to this Friday, should be a great game.  My prediction is:
Booneville 34
Prescott    21

nastynice

KOJAK, or any other Prescott poster, what are the stats of your rb's and wr's?

The Dynasty

Quote from: Sick Dog on November 17, 2014, 12:23:37 pm

B'ville vs Lamar game was played in horrible conditions. Conditions that favored the Bearcats style of play.

Pastureboy21

Quote from: nastynice on November 17, 2014, 01:24:37 pm
Not a Prescott guy, but, their receivers are very good. Best out of all the teams ECS played this year. Well, besides the green-white game...

snoopy22

KOJACK

Rushing stats #10 95 carries for 1086 yds 11.43 avg
#21 107 carries for 740 yds
Receiving stats.#1 43 for 497
#12 20 for 446
#2 20 for 302
#14 45 for 1123 24.96 avg
Over 5400 yds of offense

cdelaney

Quote from: KOJACK on November 17, 2014, 02:05:15 pm
#12 20 for 446
#2 20 for 302
Over 5400 yds of offense
And that's just for the Hope game

HeadBussa08

nastynice

Quote from: KOJACK on November 17, 2014, 02:05:15 pm
#12 20 for 446
#2 20 for 302
Over 5400 yds of offense
We better pack a lunch then!

snoopy22

It's the most balanced attack in Arkansas football.

DogsWin7

November 17, 2014, 05:04:40 pm #123 Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 05:07:27 pm by DiehardFBfan
 8)  I wish I could go see this game.....too far...:(    The Greenwood/Eldo game will be good. :)

RowdyReputation40

I've read this forum for a while just new to make an account. I believe if prescott doesn't turn the ball over they will win by 2-3 touchdowns. Too much speed and too much offense. On the other hand if prescott isnr physical on the front line and they turn it over and start slow I see booneville winning by 2-3 touchdowns

nastynice

You can tell the Booneville and Prescott posters are a little nervous about this game. Not near the smack talk as Lamar/Smackover.

OLDSCHOOL82

RowdyReputation40

Quote from: nastynice on November 17, 2014, 09:14:51 pm
You can tell the Booneville and Prescott posters are a little nervous about this game. Not near the smack talk as Lamar/Smackover.
Each side has a lot of respect for each other

snoopy22

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 17, 2014, 05:04:40 pm
8)  I wish I could go see this game.....too far...:(    The Greenwood/Eldo game will be good. :)
Come on down Diehard!

gold45

Quote from: RowdyReputation40 on November 17, 2014, 09:19:04 pm
Quote from: nastynice on November 17, 2014, 09:14:51 pm
Each side has a lot of respect for each other
Exactly.  Tons of respect for two very impressive football programs that go way back.  I believe I've read more than once on FF boards that "Anything can happen on any given Friday night" ESPECIALLY when dealing with teenagers.  That being said, CATS WILL ROLL!  Prescott is an impressive team but the Cats haven't reached their peak yet.  Friday night will be just another demonstration of how good this Bearcat team is when healthy and playing as ONE.

DogsWin7

Quote from: snoopy22 on November 17, 2014, 09:26:12 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 17, 2014, 05:04:40 pm
Come on down Diehard!

It would give me a chance to see that field once again.....:)

DogsWin7

Quote from: Coach Booneville on November 17, 2014, 12:40:27 pm
I'm new to FF, but have read the forums for several years now.  Just now got around to making an account.  I'm really looking forward to this Friday, should be a great game.  My prediction is:
Booneville 34
Prescott    21

Quote from: RowdyReputation40 on November 17, 2014, 06:23:58 pm
I've read this forum for a while just new to make an account. I believe if prescott doesn't turn the ball over they will win by 2-3 touchdowns. Too much speed and too much offense. On the other hand if prescott isnr physical on the front line and they turn it over and start slow I see booneville winning by 2-3 touchdowns

Welcome to FF!   I hope you both will enjoy posting and friendly banter.  :)

HeadBussa08

Allot of tradition and respect for these two programs who have been playing in HUGE games over the past 40 years. Crowds by the thousands have lined up to see these two play before. That being said Prescott has had a dominant year. There hasn't been a team in a close game with Prescott in the 4th quarter this year. I do believe that will change Friday night. This will be a tight ball game with turnovers being the deciding factor. I pick Prescott 26-21. Tough to win at Prescott in the Playoffs. very few have done it. Booneville have a safe trip down.

Coach Booneville

November 18, 2014, 08:17:09 am #133 Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 08:21:22 am by Coach Booneville
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 17, 2014, 10:32:11 pm
Quote from: Coach Booneville on November 17, 2014, 12:40:27 pm
Booneville 34
Prescott    21

Quote from: RowdyReputation40 on November 17, 2014, 06:23:58 pm

Welcome to FF!   I hope you both will enjoy posting and friendly banter.  :)

Thank you.  Been a Bearcat my whole life.  Ready for the game!  If Cats are physical like a Bearcat team is supposed to be, they should roll.

adaptedtigerfan

Should Roll and "will" start dribbling mean the same thing?

nastynice

Kojak, it's Tuesday morning; What's your gut feeling?

snoopy22

The most people I have ever seen at Prescott's stadium was the Booneville and Prescott game in the semi-finals in 1985.  Booneville got the win 10 - 9.  Estimated at well over 5,000.  I've heard there were more there in the 70's for a few big games, but I can't remember them.  Too young.

Coach Booneville

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 18, 2014, 08:22:43 am
Should Roll and "will" start dribbling mean the same thing?

Nah, I figure that'll be when your "my kid is better than your kid" talk starts back up here in a few weeks.
Just taking it one game at a time!

nastynice

Quote from: snoopy22 on November 18, 2014, 08:25:58 am
The most people I have ever seen at Prescott's stadium was the Booneville and Prescott game in the semi-finals in 1985.  Booneville got the win 10 - 9.  Estimated at well over 5,000.  I've heard there were more there in the 70's for a few big games, but I can't remember them.  Too young.
I'll bet ya it's not 10-9 again!  This will be a great game to watch, win or lose.  I can't sleep or eat, and it's just Tuesday! ...........Hats off to the Prescott posters for being respectful and mature this week; so far!  Something some of the other schools can't accomplish!

adaptedtigerfan

Nah Coach we have already established that..  No need to talk about it anymore. 8)

ghoti

greatest high school football game I have ever seen. never before or after have I seen a crowd effect the play on the field (high school) the way they did. it was epic.

adaptedtigerfan

And by the way....  Where were you 3 weeks ago...  You ain't got room to talk cause u weren't there!

Coach Booneville

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 18, 2014, 08:50:57 am
And by the way....  Where were you 3 weeks ago...  You ain't got room to talk cause u weren't there!

I was there, just kept it to myself lol.  Looking forward to the Prescott game, hope Charleston rolls this week too.  We can talk later.

adaptedtigerfan

You are on FF you CAN'T keep your mouth shut...    It's against the law!!!

KOJACK

Quote from: nastynice on November 18, 2014, 08:24:48 am
Kojak, it's Tuesday morning; What's your gut feeling?
My gut tells me Prescott, my heart tells me Prescott, my mind tells me its gonna be a good one. You guys are salty. For hootens to not have it game of the week is an embarrassment.

Coach Booneville

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 18, 2014, 08:55:30 am
You are on FF you CAN'T keep your mouth shut...    It's against the law!!!

I've already got a headache today, don't feel like arguing about Charleston with you.  I'll open my mouth plenty more when the time comes.  Thanks for giving me permission.  :)

adaptedtigerfan

I was talking about in general u don't have to argue with me..  Just make sure u argue..   Lol

Coach Booneville

November 18, 2014, 09:02:22 am #147 Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 09:11:49 am by Coach Booneville
Haha I was just messing with you.  Okay, I'll make sure to do plenty of arguing soon enough.

snoopy22

Quote from: ghoti on November 18, 2014, 08:50:25 am
greatest high school football game I have ever seen. never before or after have I seen a crowd effect the play on the field (high school) the way they did. it was epic.
I disagree because the best games ever are always when the Curley Wolves win!  It was a classic though. 

adaptedtigerfan

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas