• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Booneville @ Prescott Round 2

Started by JWiggs52, November 14, 2014, 09:30:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JWiggs52

November 14, 2014, 09:30:25 pm Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 11:05:53 pm by JWiggs52
What do you guys think?

WPWells

Prediction to come later in the week

JWiggs52

Who would you rather play 12th? A new team or the rematch?

WPWells

Gotta decide this week ;) That's what will determine my prediction because my system rates these two as virtually even. If two teams are projected as even then I use the scientific method of who I want to win

Mr.Fridaynight11

RabidWolf

I think it will be a fantastic game. Will he decided by 10-14 points.

DeeGee

I'm thinking this will be the game I'm at next Friday! Gonna have to go with Prescott because I've seen them play and they represent 5-3A!  Go Wolves!

JWiggs52

I think Booneville will win this one. It won't be as close as many would think.
Booneville 38
Prescott  21

Wolfpack68

If Prescott can stop the run, they'll be in great shape. Booneville has a good defense. Toughest challenge so far for the Wolves. Can someone tell me 2 things.#1 How would you describe the Bearcats. #2 Why do they make the top 3 teams go to the same bracket, having #2-3 play in the second round? Not complaining. I want to see this matchup so much. I think PTOWN in a nail biter.

Iron Owl

I would love to be there to see this one.  Should be a great high school football game between to heavy weights! 

OLDSCHOOL82

Description of the bearcats.  Solid football team that is finally showing signs of playing to their potential.  Of course they are a running team that likes to control the clock.  They also have the ability to break big plays with misdirection after running the veer and midline up the middle.  Only pass when the defense makes mistakes.  Not to big, not to small, not to fast, not to slow.  They play good football.  The other question,  our AAA doesn't know how to make brackets!

Wolfpack68

So basically. There a physical team that can run and are explosive.

RabidWolf

They're the same Scheme wise as BHG. Just better at it.

HeadBussa08

Prescott tough to beat at home in the Playoffs. only happened a few times over the past 25 years or so. Prediction coming later in the week. happy ill get to watch this one

ISU7

Bigredhog1971

WowAnArrowFan

We've played both and I've studied both films. I think Booneville wins by 2 or 3 tds. Booneville is going to smack them in the mouth and it's gonna hurt.

DeeGee

I'm thinking your still upset over the smacking they just gave you all. Guess it's easier after the game huh?  Prescott isn't a push over team by any means. They done to us almost as bad as we beat you all last year in playoffs. I think you must just have a hatred of 5-3A teams dominating the Golden Arrows. If by chance Prescott loses next week by no means will it be by 2 or 3 tds. Let's be realistic here and not just mad.

bearcat1983

rattlerfan17

Quote from: DeeGoldie on November 15, 2014, 07:05:43 am
I'm thinking your still upset over the smacking they just gave you all. Guess it's easier after the game huh?  Prescott isn't a push over team by any means. They done to us almost as bad as we beat you all last year in playoffs. I think you must just have a hatred of 5-3A teams dominating the Golden Arrows. If by chance Prescott loses next week by no means will it be by 2 or 3 tds. Let's be realistic here and not just mad.

Booneville really will smack them in the mouth. 2 TD's isn't out of the question.

gold45

Quote from: DeeGoldie on November 15, 2014, 07:05:43 am

The Arrows got smacked pretty hard by the Bearcats last week.  So I don't think the prediction that the Cats are gonna roll by 2 or 3 tds can be attributed to being mad over the smacking Prescott gave them this week. 

rattlerfan17

Everyone thought that Booneville was gonna have a close game with Barton last night. When it came down to it, Barton is lucky they stopped Booneville on that last drive before half or it would've been 42-0 going into halftime. They played much better last night than I believe I have seen all season. I'm relatively new to Booneville football (ONLY 4 years watching them), but they looked more like the last few year's team than any game this year. Defense played in Barton's backfield most of the first half, forced a couple of fumbles, swarmed to the ball. Offensively, grind, grind, grind. 4-5 yards each down minimum. Gashed the defense for big time yards when Ray read the defense and pulled the ball out. It's insane how long he can hold on to the ball and still bounce it to the outside and pick up major yardage. Played a very clean game, not as many of the mistakes I have been seeing in the past weeks. I think the team is healthy again, and will be tough to beat. Even with the long bus ride, Booneville travels really, really well.

My pick: Booneville gets a huge statement win, comes up big on the road against a very good Prescott team.

Booneville 41, Prescott 24

Pastureboy21

Spoonville: "pipkin" "cone", you will be hearing these names a lot on Friday. If Prescott can stop that run, they win easy. Prescott has more athletes than the entire 3a-4

tiger2016

gold45

Quote from: rattlerfan17 on November 15, 2014, 10:12:29 am
Everyone thought that Booneville was gonna have a close game with Barton last night. When it came down to it, Barton is lucky they stopped Booneville on that last drive before half or it would've been 42-0 going into halftime. They played much better last night than I believe I have seen all season. I'm relatively new to Booneville football (ONLY 4 years watching them), but they looked more like the last few year's team than any game this year. Defense played in Barton's backfield most of the first half, forced a couple of fumbles, swarmed to the ball. Offensively, grind, grind, grind. 4-5 yards each down minimum. Gashed the defense for big time yards when Ray read the defense and pulled the ball out. It's insane how long he can hold on to the ball and still bounce it to the outside and pick up major yardage. Played a very clean game, not as many of the mistakes I have been seeing in the past weeks. I think the team is healthy again, and will be tough to beat. Even with the long bus ride, Booneville travels really, really well.

My pick: Booneville gets a huge statement win, comes up big on the road against a very good Prescott team.

Booneville 41, Prescott 24
+1

ghoti

The players and coaches from Prescott know that it's going to take a monumental effort to beat the bearcats. They have total respect for them and hopefully it will serve them well.

redheadfan

BAMA#16

This game should be Hootens game of the week! If we weren't playing Friday night, I would love to see this one. That being said, which offensive line shows up will determine this one. The shackleford kid is a very quick nose.

Jalkuranis

Quote from: Pastureboy21 on November 15, 2014, 10:13:38 am
Spoonville: "pipkin" "cone", you will be hearing these names a lot on Friday. If Prescott can stop that run, they win easy. Prescott has more athletes than the entire 3a-4

Which just proves that having athletes isn't everything!

TheTruth2010

I hope Booneville wins, but I think Prescott will win by 7

Mr.Fridaynight11

Prescott has more athletes than the entire 3a-4
[/quote]  how have the wolves allowed 205 points this season with all of those athletes?

JWiggs52

Quote from: Mr.Fridaynight11 on November 15, 2014, 04:28:30 pm
how have the wolves allowed 205 points this season with all of those athletes?
[/quote]
I bet you a soda they say its from their 2nd team defense.

chucktownboys

Prescotts only advantage is being at home in this one, more athletes than the 3A-4 is laughable, you'll find out soon enough. Booneville 48-17

WowAnArrowFan

Lavaca put up 242 rushing yards against Prescott  ;D can you amagine what the best running team in 3a is going to do to the Curley wolves in their own stadium? :)

Sick Dog

My theory will come into play: team with best QB will win!

nastynice

Quote from: Sick Dog on November 15, 2014, 07:59:53 pm
My theory will come into play: team with best QB will win!
In high school that doesn't mean a thing. All the offenses are so different it's hard to compare who the best QB is. Now, you might say the QB that makes the best decisions and least mistakes will win.

adaptedtigerfan

It's hard to say who the best qb is???

HeadBussa08

Quote from: WowAnArrowFan on November 15, 2014, 07:53:56 pm
Lavaca put up 242 rushing yards against Prescott  ;D can you amagine what the best running team in 3a is going to do to the Curley wolves in their own stadium? :)
and ya still got 50 hung on ya.

nastynice

The best in the state isn't hard to say. That's obvious!

Sick Dog

I'm talking about the best n this game. Don't sweat it Tigers we know yall have the best........

WolvesMomFan

You lost that bet JWiggs, it's been the freshman playing! Been to every game, saw it myself, running the score up doesn't prove anyone to be the best. The Wolves love having enough room to let their young team mates get a taste of what Friday night games are about. So sure the other teams are gonna get some yardage.  :)

BigMan15

Sick Dog

Does anyone know how many pts Prescott has giving up in the first half this year? That will answer that question. If so is Prescott gonna have some rough years coming?

KOJACK

Quote from: Sick Dog on November 15, 2014, 09:47:50 pm
Does anyone know how many pts Prescott has giving up in the first half this year? That will answer that question. If so is Prescott gonna have some rough years coming?
We don't have "rough" years pal...

KOJACK

Quote from: Mr.Fridaynight11 on November 15, 2014, 04:28:30 pm
how have the wolves allowed 205 points this season with all of those athletes?
[/quote]
And Booneville's given up 183... A staggering 22 less than Prescott. But Prescott has scored 114 more than Booneville so what's your point?

HeadBussa08

anybody notice the main ppl with the irrelevant facts and statements are from teams like Lavaca lol jokes.

WPWells

Judging a team's future by their JV is dumb unless they start 22 seniors

Brian G

Around 1976, Prescott beat BHS 56-0 in what I think was the semi's.  I was there and the game was played at a neutral site.  Hot Springs??

Bradley was the starting QB that night for the Bearcats.

Curleywolf Fan

November 16, 2014, 12:11:41 am #48 Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 12:14:09 am by Curleywolf Fan
Prescott has a long way to go before they reach the semifinals but if we get there nobody should want to play them. They are as balanced of a offense as you are going to see in 3a. Our quarterback has thrown for almost 3000 yards and around 37 touchdowns and we have two running backs and one has rushed for 1000 yards and one is close. If you try to stop our run we can burn you with the pass and if you try to stop our pass we can burn you with our running game. If I anybody could beat Charleston it will be Prescott because of there balanced attack. Time will tell if we get the chance.

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: B.G. on November 16, 2014, 12:09:22 am
Around 1976, Prescott beat BHS 56-0 in what I think was the semi's.  I was there and the game was played at a neutral site.  Hot Springs??

Bradley was the starting QB that night for the Bearcats.
Prescott beat them 21 to 0 in the 1975 semi's and Prescott beat them 52 to 0 in the 1973 semi's also. Prescott won state both of those years.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas