• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lamar at smackover

Started by sax2play8, November 14, 2014, 09:17:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on November 15, 2014, 01:14:51 pm
#5 for Lamar is the fastest player, and smallest lol. He does have break away speed, if he was able to break away!

He must have been the Jr High looking player(In height) that was covering the Junior High Looking Player(In height) from Bald Knob...:D

TheTruth2010

We didn't get smacked that bad against Charleston. Game was a lot closer than the score. Danville..yea we came out really flat. Wither way this is going to be a good close game. A lot closer than all you smack fans and Lamar haters think. The last 3 weeks we have been playing well. Beat a Bald Knob team by 26, should have been 32 but gave up a td in the final minute. Bald Knob only got beat by a combined 11 points in all 3 regular season losses, they doubled that and some in the loss against Lamar. I'm not going to lie though, Bald knobs special teams was horrible.

Proud Buckaroo

Smackover's special teams is far from terrible. We put Jordan jones and Elmo in the back. Dewayne, Marques, Willie, Eppinette, wilbourn, Justin Erving on the front. All with pretty good speed.

macadoshis

PB, to hear you talk, Smack could beat anyone in the state.   Regardless of classification.  Maybe even several college teams.  I'm sure if there's was a thread about why Smack deserves to be in the college playoff picture, you'd have an argument for that.  I like your school spirit bro.  ;D

Proud Buckaroo

A lot of its not just about school spirit. It's about the dedication I see in these kids. They wanted to win state so bad last year and I can definitely see they learned from the mistakes they made last year. I have very good knowledge of this team. I appreciate the compliment though.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on November 15, 2014, 01:54:19 pm
We didn't get smacked that bad against Charleston. Game was a lot closer than the score. Danville..yea we came out really flat. Wither way this is going to be a good close game. A lot closer than all you smack fans and Lamar haters think. The last 3 weeks we have been playing well. Beat a Bald Knob team by 26, should have been 32 but gave up a td in the final minute. Bald Knob only got beat by a combined 11 points in all 3 regular season losses, they doubled that and some in the loss against Lamar. I'm not going to lie though, Bald knobs special teams was horrible.

They had one fumble that just went right through the guys hands on the kickoff...Don't know if he got scared or what, I felt bad for the poor kid.

1 of those losses was to Mayflower, who's defense is TERRIBLE...Harding Academy looks to be down from the past few years to boot...

sax2play8

After reading what everyone everyone e has to say I am sticking with smackover by 3 tds. And 3 picks

TheTruth2010

Quote from: sax2play8 on November 15, 2014, 03:12:08 pm
After reading what everyone everyone e has to say I am sticking with smackover by 3 tds. And 3 picks
You mean after reading all the Smackover fans comments?

Proud Buckaroo

It's not just Smackover fans posting. We've had two bias statements as it is.

TheTruth2010

Either way I doubt you win by 21 and I doubt we throw 3 pics.

Proud Buckaroo

I've established that I have seen Lamar play, know someone who has. have YOU seen Smackover?

macadoshis

Where have you seen Lamar play this year PB?

TheTruth2010

On the internet. Hasn't seen them in person. I've seen Smackover online too, so guess we are even.

macadoshis

I've watched three Smackover game films today.

Proud Buckaroo

I've seen all your game films. Also know someone whose SEEN them in person. Since you watched the game film....What are your thoughts?

TheTruth2010

We may be out matched on speed, but not on size. I think Lamar will be able to make some defensive plays. Will we win? I don't know, but I know this, Lamar will give every thing they have to win. We were out matched last year in speed vs Barton and we did lose by 2 Because of a failed 2 point conversion.

nastynice

You guys better pace yourselves.  It's just sat afternoon.

macadoshis

I think you're a very good team.  Am I gonna say we will come down there and win?  Nope.  But we could.  You think were waisting out time by making the trip. That there's no way Lamar can win.  You'll know you're in a game that's for sure. I respect the talent that smackover has.  I don't get on here and talk about the weaknesses and how we'll make your players look bad.  Like you do ours. That's why ya line em up and play the game.  We'll see what happens Friday night. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: nastynice on November 15, 2014, 05:53:48 pm
You guys better pace yourselves.  It's just sat afternoon.

na this thread will compare to the Charleston-Booneville one, because the team that wins this one has a very very good shot at being the team to make it to war Memorial out of the bottom half of the bracket.

HorseFeathers

Just curious...is there a place I can see some Smackover Film? May get bored and watch some sometime this week while avoiding the honey do list...

Proud Buckaroo

You can watch game film on HUDL.

And by the way. I never said our players will make Lamar players look bad. I just say that Smackover outmatches Lamar in multiple positions.

Proud Buckaroo

Here is smackover's record at home:

Record at home: 52-16-0 (68 Games)

Smackover's play off record: 9-8.

Lamar's play off record: 6-8.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 15, 2014, 06:08:14 pm
Here is smackover's record at home:

Record at home: 52-16-0 (68 Games)

Smackover's play off record: 9-8.

Lamar's play off record: 6-8.

and you're point? Jones took a program at Magazine that I don't think had ever been to the playoffs and won a state title in year 5....Tradition/History ain't stepping out on that field Friday night :D

Proud Buckaroo

My point being is that, as I said before, Smackover has very good home field advantage. AND no. It's not because the refs wallets are padded.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 15, 2014, 06:12:58 pm
My point being is that, as I said before, Smackover has very good home field advantage. AND no. It's not because the refs wallets are padded.

I hear you are the middle guy that's giving them the "padded" wallets....I bet they are disappointed when they find out you stuffed the wallets full of cotton balls.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Home field advantage will help S. That is a long drive. But it won't be any more intimidating than at Charleston.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: HF on November 15, 2014, 06:24:16 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 15, 2014, 06:12:58 pm

I hear you are the middle guy that's giving them the "padded" wallets....I bet they are disappointed when they find out you stuffed the wallets full of cotton balls.

Thats about all I can afford to pad their wallets with. lol.

Iron Owl

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on November 15, 2014, 10:50:45 am
Quote from: BUCK FEVER on November 15, 2014, 10:25:21 am
Quote from: warriorsforever2 on November 15, 2014, 12:10:42 am
Like insider trading???
Hmmm....
Maybe it's a girl thing, but I think it will be a close one.  If the Warriors play like they did the last three games, they will win by a couple touchdowns. If they revert then it nay go the other way.
Warriors 38
Buckaroos 30

I promise you Lamar will not score 38 against Smackover.
Well, they may not.  One of the reasons the kids play the game and they don't win over the message boards.  I do know this- offensively, we can be very explosive.  Defensively, we can make things happen that equal points on the board.  Smackover obviously has a good team.  Cant and won't deny that.  But you are playing in a conference where four of the teams have combined wins of 12 in two years.  Junction handed you your hats; you beat a good Gurdon team, and a Lafayette County team that was in the middle of their AA conference.  Not saying out pre conference schedule was brutal either, but our four weakest teams in our conference had combined wins of 22 in two years. I'm sure this will open up a big old can of worms, but I thought that was what the message boards were for.  Dumb old girl...
If you could see the Junction City team play, you would realize they could make a run through the 3, or 4A bracket.  They are that good....

Oahubuck

Smackover wins this one,Lamar will be a tough one. They have played some very solid teams and that could help them in preparation. With smackovers speed and very solid secondary that will make a big impact in Fridays game. Safe travels for Lamar fans making the trip.
Smackover 48 Lamar 20

macadoshis

I'm thankful were on the road.  We play a lot better on the road. Seem to focus a little more.  I look forward to the day off. Been through that part of the country many times.

BigMan15

HeadBussa08

Smack is gonna roll 43-14. wont be a game

TheTruth2010

Big Red

Quote from: Iron Owl on November 15, 2014, 06:36:02 pm
Like insider trading???
Hmmm....
Maybe it's a girl thing, but I think it will be a close one.  If the Warriors play like they did the last three games, they will win by a couple touchdowns. If they revert then it nay go the other way.
Warriors 38
Buckaroos 30

Well, they may not.  One of the reasons the kids play the game and they don't win over the message boards.  I do know this- offensively, we can be very explosive.  Defensively, we can make things happen that equal points on the board.  Smackover obviously has a good team.  Cant and won't deny that.  But you are playing in a conference where four of the teams have combined wins of 12 in two years.  Junction handed you your hats; you beat a good Gurdon team, and a Lafayette County team that was in the middle of their AA conference.  Not saying out pre conference schedule was brutal either, but our four weakest teams in our conference had combined wins of 22 in two years. I'm sure this will open up a big old can of worms, but I thought that was what the message boards were for.  Dumb old girl...
If you could see the Junction City team play, you would realize they could make a run through the 3, or 4A bracket.  They are that good....
I think Lamar is a real good team.  Never left my top 6 all year.  But the thing about the 4 weakest teams in the conference combining for 22 wins over two years confuses me.  Wouldn't that mean that they averaged less than three wins each over the last two years?  Anyway, just a thought.  Maybe Im reading this wrong.

HeadBussa08

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on November 15, 2014, 11:04:50 pm
Quote from: HeadBussa08 on November 15, 2014, 10:41:06 pm
Smack is gonna roll 43-14. wont be a game
Lol
Lol all ya want bud you 3a-4 boys are gonna find out that there are only two contenders in that conf(boone&chuck). and trust me I am not a Smack supporter.

mtindian42

usa today score predictor. smackover 38 lamar 26.

TheTruth2010

Whatever you say man. We will find out Friday night.

Clara Allen

Quote from: Big Red on November 16, 2014, 12:29:13 am
Quote from: Iron Owl on November 15, 2014, 06:36:02 pm
Like insider trading???
Hmmm....
Warriors 38
Buckaroos 30

I think Lamar is a real good team.  Never left my top 6 all year.  But the thing about the 4 weakest teams in the conference combining for 22 wins over two years confuses me.  Wouldn't that mean that they averaged less than three wins each over the last two years?  Anyway, just a thought.  Maybe Im reading this wrong.
OK- let me simplify, if I can.   Last year, one of the teams who went 0 for in conference had a good year, one of the ones who went 0 for last year had a better year this time.  Look at the conference standings up on the team pages.  I am not a math teacher or anything, but it's all right there.  Maybe I should go back to making brownies...

FNLsupporter

November 16, 2014, 09:37:03 am #88 Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 10:11:02 am by FNLsupporter
This game should be a dandy, but I have to give my .02 cents on the BK/Lamar game. Everyone always thinks their point of the game is the right one, so I would like some Lamar posters to reply if they seen something way different than what I think I saw. I like to see the other teams views also!  Lamar was definitely the better team no doubt, just as I predicted.  Let me say this however.  Another poster stated BK's special teams were horrible, and I couldn't agree more.  It dug a hole that BK could never get out of.  Lamar's defense was too good to give them anything and what does BK do? 2 blocked punts in a row, one for a short field TD, and another for a scoop and score.  Back to back possessions I might add! How we didn't protect the outside edge rush after the first one is beyond me.  Anyway, they converted both 2 point plays which is 16 points just handed to Lamar! Can't do that against caliber teams!  Add in a fumbled punt return by BK, (Special Teams, come ON!!) for a short field score and 2 point conversion, adds up to 24 points!  Add in a pick 6 that Lamar's defense created! Now we're up to 30 points to a team that is good enough to beat you anyway!  Lamar's defense pretty much shut down BK all night except for 2 drives (opening drive, and opening drive of 3rd quarter).  BK's defense isn't as bad as the score indicated, BUT overall BK as a whole WAS that bad! Lamar's offense was pretty good, but they found the mismatches and used them to their advantages.  Lamar couldn't run the ball well against BK at all, but the height of the receivers made the difference for Lamar offensively.  Not sure how tall the kids are, but #10 looked to be 6'4", maybe taller! #9 maybe 6'2"?  One of our starting corners is 5'6" and a sophomore! He played a pretty solid game considering what he was up against, but I would've abused that matchup all night!  Lamar probably could've put up bigger offensive #'s passing, but they didn't have to.  Special teams and Defense had created a comfortable lead and Lamar was able to play safe respectable football.  By the way, Lamar's #10 was a tough kid on defense as well.  #10 and #3 were in the backfield all night pressuring the QB and that makes it tough on an offense! (Oh yeah, almost forgot...2 missed extra points by special teams after BK scores!) Very well coached kids, and utmost sportsmanship after the game in the handshake line.  They hugged and patted every player on BK's helmet after the game.  There are a lot of emotions whenever you play your last game as a senior and it helps whenever the kids are humble in victory.  I haven't seen Smackover play, but surely they won't have as bad of special teams and offensive output as BK.  If closer, I would love to watch this game Friday night!  I can't really even predict the outcome because I don't know enough about Smackover except BK played them in the State Baseball tournament last year. Logan Clarke seems  to be a great kid and the Purifoy kid as well as many others are upper tier 3A all around athletes.  Good Luck to both teams!!

Clara Allen

You hit it right.  #10 is six six.  And #9 is at least six four and he hadn't played football since seventh grade

snoopy22

Warriorsforever you know I love you, but I just think Smackover will beat you guys.  They are unbelievably athletic and fast.  I think you guys will compete, but I have Smackover by 21 or more.  Of course I could be wrong.;)

Clara Allen

Quote from: snoopy22 on November 16, 2014, 10:53:02 am
Warriorsforever you know I love you, but I just think Smackover will beat you guys.  They are unbelievably athletic and fast.  I think you guys will compete, but I have Smackover by 21 or more.  Of course I could be wrong.;)
Well snoopy, you know I love you too, but I hope you are dead wrong!   Good luck to the Curley Wolves this week!  And you KNOW how hard that is for an LA girl to say!!!

Clara Allen

Quote from: snoopy22 on November 16, 2014, 10:53:02 am
Well snoopy, you know I love you too, but I hope you are dead wrong!   Good luck to the Curley Wolves this week!  And you KNOW how hard that is for an LA girl to say!!!

Sick Dog

This will end up with Smackover mercy ruling a pretender. Lamar will get SMACKed all OVER the field! They will not be tested until the State Championship Game

Clara Allen

I'm pretty done with this.   >:(

bigcat72

I think either way it goes these are the best two teams in the bottom bracket.  I think Lamar will probably have to play a near perfect game to win but anything can happen in high school sports. If smackover is good enough to do what their posters say, they will have no trouble winning the whole thing.

Clara Allen

According to the Smackover posters, we might as well stay in Johnson County and gear up for basketball and they can beat the Super Bowl champions.
I'm all about school spirit and friendly bantering, but I'm starting to take this personally.

Buckaroo Fanatic

Smackover 42 Lamar 14
Hope the starters play the whole game...we shall see. safe travels to all the Warriors fans see you guys Friday night under the lights!!!!

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on November 16, 2014, 07:18:08 pm
According to the Smackover posters, we might as well stay in Johnson County and gear up for basketball and they can beat the Super Bowl champions.
I'm all about school spirit and friendly bantering, but I'm starting to take this personally.

Smackover fans are not the only ones saying that Smackover will win. What's the point in taking predictions personally?

KOJACK

It hurts me to say this, but Smackover is the real deal.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas