• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lamar at smackover

Started by sax2play8, November 14, 2014, 09:17:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

Quoted from El Dorado news times:

"In addition to his touchdown on defense, Hempstead caught four passes for 133 yards and two touchdowns for the Bucks, who had 200 of their 308 total yards of offense through the air.

Davenport had 53 yards rushing on seven carries for the Warriors, who were held to just 132 yards of total offense."

macadoshis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 21, 2014, 10:44:01 pm
I'm not sure if this is the same team that played Booneville and charleston. But...They just couldn't get anything going. I admit. They never gave up. But Smackover was just too talented. Good game warriors. And Mac, you have a good kid. He runs hard and is pretty big for his age. Good luck next season Lamar!

Thanks Buck.  You guys have a solid team.  A lot of talent sure.

bigcat72

Hats off to Smackover, very good team.  You can't have the number of mistakes we had tonight especially against a team of that quality. Good luck the rest of the way.

mfmf63

Was a great game. Was it me or did the WR's not hustle if ball wasn't coming to them?

nastynice

Hats off to a good season for the Lamar Warriors.  Take these wins and loses and build on them for next year.

You're def headed in the right direction!

Listen to Coach Jones and have a good offseason!

Clara Allen

Well, I had a good night's sleep and am now able to process the game.
First of all, again, congratulations to the Buckaroos.  You guys are for real- fast, seemingly anticipated what we were going to do before we did it, and other than a couple of calls that got missed- and I am NOT saying that was the balance tipper- solid defense that played our mistakes to their advantage. 
Secondly- congratulations to MY boys- all of them- on the Warrior team.  You had a fantastic run, and even though our run is over, you are winners all the way in my book.  I was not ready for football to be over!  I will follow you guys to the gym, the diamond, and the track, especially you seniors!  You are a special bunch and you will be missed!
Thirdly, I got my feelings hurt several times this week reading some of the remarks on this thread and a couple of others.  I have learned not to take this stuff so personal because if we as posters are doing this right, we are just supporting the team we love and follow- to the ends of the earth- or at least Lower Arkansas. 
Good luck to Smackover for the rest of this season.  Hope to hear and maybe see you in the Rock in a couple of weeks!
PS- I got a great picture of the first pick 6- just don't know how to post it!

WPWells

+1

Now could I ask a question? After seeing both how do you think Charleston and Smackover match up?

Clara Allen

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 22, 2014, 08:37:56 am
+1

Now could I ask a question? After seeing both how do you think Charleston and Smackover match up?
My feeling- of anybody can beat the Tigers it will be the Buckaroos

fbhound

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on November 22, 2014, 08:16:35 am
First of all, again, congratulations to the Buckaroos.  You guys are for real- fast, seemingly anticipated what we were going to do before we did it, and other than a couple of calls that got missed- and I am NOT saying that was the balance tipper- solid defense that played our mistakes to their advantage. 
Secondly- congratulations to MY boys- all of them- on the Warrior team.  You had a fantastic run, and even though our run is over, you are winners all the way in my book.  I was not ready for football to be over!  I will follow you guys to the gym, the diamond, and the track, especially you seniors!  You are a special bunch and you will be missed!
Thirdly, I got my feelings hurt several times this week reading some of the remarks on this thread and a couple of others.  I have learned not to take this stuff so personal because if we as posters are doing this right, we are just supporting the team we love and follow- to the ends of the earth- or at least Lower Arkansas. 
Good luck to Smackover for the rest of this season.  Hope to hear and maybe see you in the Rock in a couple of weeks!
Good post! A +1 for you.. Good assessment and wording from a fan of the losing team. Class.

TeeLee

Please! Nobody show her how to post pictures! Look what it has turned Buck Fever into.   :D

Clara Allen

Quote from: TeeLee on November 22, 2014, 10:10:48 am

Please! Nobody show her how to post pictures! Look what it has turned Buck Fever into.   :D
Wow. And I had just renewed my faith in humanity. 

Proud Buckaroo

+1.

Proud Buckaroo

I've getting her to send me the picture of the pick 6 and I will post it on here myself for every one to enjoy.

BuckarooFire

I will say I expected a much better game from Lamar. That little guy #3 was quite the return artist due to since and the big guy thru the middle but this northern team    done too little. Too late.

When I think North Arkansas I think Fundamentals.
When I think Southern Arkansas I think speed.

When I think SMACKOVER BUCKAROOS. SMACKOVER UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IN THE 870 725 (71762) I HAVE A TO. SAY I THINK
Speed Fundamentals and Team spirit. Almost like watching a College game Around here.

Jalkuranis

Wow, even Chucktown posters don't say they are like a college team!

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 22, 2014, 12:06:18 pm
I've getting her to send me the picture of the pick 6 and I will post it on here myself for every one to enjoy.

here ya go.

fbisgreat

Wow A lot of empty seats for a college team.

bigcat72

+1

I think both teams would match up well.  Smackover will have a speed advantage and could exploit Charleston deep.  The pass rush that Smackover used on us gave us fits but I don't think it would effect Story due to his size and strength.  Charleston doesn't make mistakes.
I feel if Charleston and Booneville meet again that Charleston will win but I think Booneville would be more of a matchup problem for Smackover.  I would have to give the edge to Charleston by a slim margin over Smackover. Both teams are exceptional.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: fbisgreat on November 22, 2014, 07:17:52 pm

your looking at the 20 yard line on the end of  the bleachers..... plus buckaroo home side seating is larger than most in 3-a..............and the person that made the college comment is a newbie with 2 post..........he/she will learn better in time.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: fbisgreat on November 22, 2014, 07:17:52 pm

Bro....you haven't seen how big our stands are. That glimpse showed one section that usually is empty. Our stands were FULL!

fbisgreat

Well if you have stands at the 20 yard line in 3a football you have a lot of stands.

Proud Buckaroo

Our stands go from one 20 to the other 20.

bigcat72

They had plenty of fans and they were into the game. And I will also say the ones I talked to we're nothing but nice.

Clara Allen

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on November 22, 2014, 07:14:38 pm

here ya go.

Thank you Buck!  I'll take the credit for the picture!!

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on November 22, 2014, 07:36:12 pm
Quote from: BUCK FEVER on November 22, 2014, 07:14:38 pm

here ya go.

Thank you Buck!  I'll take the credit for the picture!!

thank you, I like this pic,........ caught #44 on a nice block . ;D

BuckarooFire

@Jalkuranis that not saying much .. Plus its not about what Chucktown posters say .. I could have worded that better tho .. Let's see.. (The atmosphere on a Friday night under the lights shining down on that Buckaroo mascot center stage on the 50yardline in buckaroo stadium. Is like the atmosphere you'd experience if you were. To pay your $8 to see a college team preform this heavenly game of Arkansas Football. That's the atmosphere you will find if you step in that stadium on a Friday night.) ITS JUST THAT LIVE!
BUCKAROO FIRE  BUUUUURN IT UP!

Jalkuranis

I'm not taking anything away from Smack, but I'm pretty sure any college game would have a better atmosphere.

WHITEchicken

I went to numerous games at SAU when I was in college and none of their games had a better atmosphere than a high school matchup with two good teams playing.

BuckarooFire

This guy understands .

The stands are full of people who know these kids ..some played with them their family supporting .. People from other schools.. And. All .. But at college there's just not the same pride as here under those highschool. Lights .. They are alredi there . they aren't striving for much .these highschool kids are playing for more than you think .. I personally have. Played. With some of the guys  that atmosphere is. Electric!!

cdelaney

Quote from: BuckarooFire on November 22, 2014, 09:45:01 pm
This guy understands .

The stands are full of people who know these kids ..some played with them their family supporting .. People from other schools.. And. All .. But at college there's just not the same pride as here under those highschool. Lights .. They are alredi there . they aren't striving for much .these highschool kids are playing for more than you think .. I personally have. Played. With some of the guys  that atmosphere is. Electric!!
Work on.Your typin.skills strive for.Better.

BuckarooFire

@cdelaney

How about this.
You work on saying something that is relevant to football and/or the conversation at hand.

I type, (and deleted) that so many times I did not care what it looked like when it was finally posted.

I end this by saying

Grow up and Shut up.

cdelaney

Quote from: BuckarooFire on November 23, 2014, 05:45:08 am
@cdelaney

How about this.
You work on saying something that is relevant to football and/or the conversation at hand.

I type, (and deleted) that so many times I did not care what it looked like when it was finally posted.

I end this by saying

Grow up and Shut up.
All the hard work/deleting/editing/retyping paid off

BuckarooFire

Nah that was one and done ... Kinda like Lamar

Clara Allen

Quote from: BuckarooFire on November 23, 2014, 11:26:21 am
Nah that was one and done ... Kinda like Lamar
You know what?   It is posters (posers) like you that give your town and school a bad name.  I got nothing but the utmost respect for Smackover and their team.  I hate to think what will happen when your team is not doing as well.  Will you be as obnoxious? 

bigcat72

I figure backaroofire will do something wrong and his parents will take his computer away. We won't have to see him anymore.

Clara Allen

Quote from: bigcat72 on November 23, 2014, 12:29:44 pm
I figure backaroofire will do something wrong and his parents will take his computer away. We won't have to see him anymore.
And send him to bed without his supper.

adaptedtigerfan

I'm figuring buckfire is another poster in hiding...   8)

Proud Buckaroo

What makes you so sure of that? Hmm.

sax2play8

I thought this was a board to smack talk other oppents? Not give everyone a perticapation award. Buckfire doesn't make us look bad. He shows his spirit

adaptedtigerfan

Proud Buckaroo

I can assure you it's not me.

WPWells

BUCK FEVER

November 23, 2014, 06:53:30 pm #442 Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 06:57:04 pm by BUCK FEVER
Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 23, 2014, 04:06:43 pm
I think u know PB. :)

Not me.

no one on here is more transparent than me, if I have something to say i let it all hang out.

sax2play8

Proud Buckaroo

voodoo fastpitch

Quote from: bigcat72 on November 22, 2014, 07:23:40 pm
+1

I think both teams would match up well.  Smackover will have a speed advantage and could exploit Charleston deep.  The pass rush that Smackover used on us gave us fits but I don't think it would effect Story due to his size and strength.  Charleston doesn't make mistakes.
I feel if Charleston and Booneville meet again that Charleston will win but I think Booneville would be more of a matchup problem for Smackover.  I would have to give the edge to Charleston by a slim margin over Smackover. Both teams are exceptional.
If the Charleston/Smack meet in Little Rock, I do belive Charelston has met it's match and then some. Defense wins this game!! And smackover has plenty of that! Plus playing with the intensity as they did friday from start to finish... Smackover is on a mission!! I will say it will come down to who wants it more, smack will have to lose any nerves they have and come focused, not saying charleston is a easy win, just saying if anyone going to beat them smack has the team to get it done. Good luck Boys! That should be a great championship Game if it happens. There is still plenty of ball left for a major upsets to happen.

The Dynasty

I'll now take some stock in Smackover. Great game against a good team in Lamar. You guys are for real. Once again nice job.

Jimbo Morphis

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas