• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lamar at smackover

Started by sax2play8, November 14, 2014, 09:17:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sax2play8

Going to be a very good game. Smackover opened up on fire against bismark. Smackover 42 Lamar 16

Proud Buckaroo

WPWells

I'll have to think about this one before giving a prediction. I can tell you one thing, it won't be the spread that sax2play8 predicted

JWiggs52

It will be closer than you think. I wouldn't underestimate Lamar. I am not a Lamar fan but they will keep it close. I say Smack over 35 Lamar 24

sax2play8

Smackover Prolly will give up some pass plays but I belive our d-line will get pressure on QB and secondary will get 3 picks

adaptedtigerfan

WPWells

Everyone remember where sax2play8 was at in the pick'em before he stopped turning in picks  ;)

JWiggs52

Quote from: sax2play8 on November 14, 2014, 09:25:26 pm
Smackover Prolly will give up some pass plays but I belive our d-line will get pressure on QB and secondary will get 3 picks
Who do y'all have? The Hong Badger?

Proud Buckaroo

Two D-1 recruits in the secondary.

WPWells

If Smackover has the Hong Badger then who has the Kong Badger?

JWiggs52

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 14, 2014, 09:29:30 pm
If Smackover has the Hong Badger then who has the Kong Badger?
Waldron

TheTruth2010

nastynice

Lamar gets exposed again. Smackover by 3tds.

snoopy22

TheTruth2010

Wow. Lamar is being underestimated badly. This is going to be the best team Smackover has played since Junction.

Proud Buckaroo

All Smackover has to do is expose Sampley. You get pressure on him and he stares down the reciever he is going to...

nastynice

How has #2 (Lamar) been playing lately? Anybody from Lamar know? I was impressed with him in some plays, then seems to disappear for a few plays.

adaptedtigerfan

I watched the livestream of their game tonight & #2 played a good game defensively.  Don't remember seeing him much on the other side of the ball tonight.

macadoshis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 14, 2014, 10:18:35 pm
All Smackover has to do is expose Sampley. You get pressure on him and he stares down the reciever he is going to...
[/quote
And you know this how???????

macadoshis

#2 had 13 tackles and two sacks.  #3 had 14 tackles and two sacks.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: macadoshis on November 14, 2014, 11:30:09 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 14, 2014, 10:18:35 pm
And you know this how???????

Insider information, and like I said, I've seen Lamar play.

Clara Allen

Like insider trading???
Hmmm....
Maybe it's a girl thing, but I think it will be a close one.  If the Warriors play like they did the last three games, they will win by a couple touchdowns. If they revert then it nay go the other way.
Warriors 38
Buckaroos 30

Proud Buckaroo

No, like I know someone that was at the game, that seen them play.

DeeGee

I'm feeling like Smackover is gonna win this.
Kinda have a feeling it'll be like our game with Smackover last year just reversed. Everyone said GR/Smackover game would be close and come down to the 4th quarter. Not the case. And I feel like this is how this game is gonna turn out. Gut feeling? Woman's intuition?  I don't know. I say Smackover wins this and not in a nail biter.

Iron Owl

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on November 15, 2014, 12:10:42 am
Like insider trading???
Hmmm....
Maybe it's a girl thing, but I think it will be a close one.  If the Warriors play like they did the last three games, they will win by a couple touchdowns. If they revert then it nay go the other way.
Warriors 38
Buckaroos 30
Smackover may lose in the playoffs...but it won't be by 2 TD's to anyone.  I understand Lamar is big, listening to the Charleston coach...but do they have the speed to match Smackover.  I can't see it.  IMO, Smackover wins this one, if for no other reason, SPEED, and a good D Line.

sax2play8

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 14, 2014, 09:27:30 pm
Everyone remember where sax2play8 was at in
the pick'em before he stopped turning in picks  ;)
yea I did drop out. Not very good at pickicking other teams but I do know how to pick smackover games. Smackover is ready for state. I stand by my 3 picks. As long as they pass happy from what I have heard about lamar

MICHAELSPAPPY

Smack will be favored, and they should be. From the clips I have seen of them they are very physical.

However, Lamar is playing pretty well right now, and while we are 5th in the State, we are 3rd in our conference; which means our competition has been the toughest in the state. 4-3A has six teams in Hootens Top 15. We have lost two games, both against higher-ranked teams. Maybe the third time is a charm. Hope so.

Clara Allen

Quote from: nastynice on November 14, 2014, 10:20:46 pm
How has #2 (Lamar) been playing lately? Anybody from Lamar know? I was impressed with him in some plays, then seems to disappear for a few plays.
#2 is doing just fine, thank you.   
So is #3, 7, 10, 20 ,22, 23, 49, 61, 72, 74, 75,and so on....

MICHAELSPAPPY

November 15, 2014, 10:11:40 am #28 Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 10:49:02 am by MICHAELSPAPPY
Consistency may be one place where we need to focus. I am sure it drives the coaching staff bonkers. Stupid penalties have really hurt us this year. There is absolutely no excuse for jumping offside in a situation where everyone in the stadium knows there is going to be a long count. Sorry to be so pointed. But when the Warriors are on their game they have looked pretty good. We need to be focused on every play next week, because you can't beat good teams if you take off plays. No room for error.

BUCK FEVER

Like insider trading???
Hmmm....
Warriors 38
Buckaroos 30

I promise you Lamar will not score 38 against Smackover.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on November 15, 2014, 10:11:40 am
Consistency may be one place where we need to focus. I am sure it drives the coaching staff bonkers. Stupid penalties have really hurt us this year. There is absolutely no excuse for jumping offside in a situation where everyone in the stadium knows there is going to be a long count. Sorry to be so pointed. But when the Warriors are on their game they have looked pretty good.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on November 15, 2014, 10:25:21 am
Like insider trading???
Hmmm....
Warriors 38
Buckaroos 30

I wouldn't be so sure.

Proud Buckaroo

They better be careful. Smackover was in a 4th and 19 situation. We drew them offsides twice, back to back.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 15, 2014, 10:48:45 am
They better be careful. Smackover was in a 4th and 19 situation. We drew them offsides twice, back to back.

We have already had that happen to us, against Booneville. Twice in a row, I mean.

Clara Allen

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on November 15, 2014, 10:25:21 am
Like insider trading???
Hmmm....
Warriors 38
Buckaroos 30

Well, they may not.  One of the reasons the kids play the game and they don't win over the message boards.  I do know this- offensively, we can be very explosive.  Defensively, we can make things happen that equal points on the board.  Smackover obviously has a good team.  Cant and won't deny that.  But you are playing in a conference where four of the teams have combined wins of 12 in two years.  Junction handed you your hats; you beat a good Gurdon team, and a Lafayette County team that was in the middle of their AA conference.  Not saying out pre conference schedule was brutal either, but our four weakest teams in our conference had combined wins of 22 in two years. I'm sure this will open up a big old can of worms, but I thought that was what the message boards were for.  Dumb old girl...

Proud Buckaroo

I'll add to your point. Lamar has no speed. Smackover has six RBs that can out run you. We have two receivers with really good speed, and stretch the field ability. Our D-Line is very good and our offensive line is even bigger. The only way Lamar will be able to win is to stop our speed. And by the way. The junction city game was tied 12-12 going into half and four of our starters went out in the third quarter.

Clara Allen

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 15, 2014, 10:54:59 am
I'll add to your point. Lamar has no speed. Smackover has six RBs that can out run you. We have two receivers with really good speed, and stretch the field ability. Our D-Line is very good and our offensive line is even bigger. The only way Lamar will be able to win is to stop our speed. And by the way. The junction city game was tied 12-12 going into half and four of our starters went out in the third quarter.
Oh, I beg to differ about our speed.  We do have some speed- a good deal. YOu don't always see it.  And we lost to two defending state champions as conference losses.  Not many teams can state that fact.

RandomAlias_95

This honestly should be very very interesting game. Smackover has not faced a team that can efficiently throw the football like Lamar can. Therefore, no one can say for sure how Smackover's pass defense will fair. If you doubt that Lamar can throw efficiently against any team then just look at how they threw for over 400 yards on the best team in 3A. Athletically, Smackover will match up better at most positions. However, Lamar has plenty of speed because slow athletes don't just torch a defense to the tune of 400 yards through the air. This game will come down to how well Smackover can defend the pass. As far as getting pressure on the quarterback, it could possibly be hard as Lamar's whole pass game is centered around short to intermediate routes then beating you deep as well as spot screens that get the ball in the receivers hands fast. Smackover's offense will have to consistently score as well. I believe this game could be high scoring and come down to the wire.

Proud Buckaroo

This is the same Smackover team(the whole team is back from last year.) that faced one of the best passing attack teams last year; ECS. Which couldn't get nothing going in the passing attack. So, to say that Smackover hasn't really faced a pass attack team is silly.

OLDSCHOOL82

Proud buck,  the best passing attack last year in 3A was chucktown, then Harding.  Their game would of been a better final.

Proud Buckaroo

That's why I said ONE of the best. Not the best. Their QB had almost 4,000 passing yards.

adaptedtigerfan

Not to take over a thread but ECS and Charleston aren't even close to the same level when it comes to passing.

HorseFeathers

November 15, 2014, 12:25:00 pm #42 Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 12:28:51 pm by HF
Been to two lamar games this year....and well they start out slow...against bald knob they were clearly the better team but didn't do anything first two possessions. But once they get rolling it's game over if they can out talent the other team...samples if given the time can make some beautiful throws...Seen him hit a guy on a flag route last night that is probably the best pass I've seen this year...he was well covered and the ball just fell over his shoulder into his hands in stride...another pass that stuck out to me was when he hit a guy in double coverage and the ball was in the only place that the receiver and no one else could catch it. That said I do agree with proud buck...against booneville when he was getting pressured he was staring down his receivers.

This team kinda reminds me of Jones title team at magazine. Get rolling into the half...and then come out flat for the entire third quarter before slamming the door in the fourth. If smack over gets the blowout like their fans are thinking they will, it'll be for one or two reasons....they shut down the pass game completely, and/or they take complete advantage of the the inconsistency.....oh yeah, Lamar's speed is unimpressive At best...they might have a couple of guys with speed, but none with break away speed...at leAst not in the two games I got to watch....

Samples can take advantage of no pressure and take off he needs to though

But this is all just my opinion....

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 15, 2014, 12:21:46 pm
Not to take over a thread but ECS and Charleston aren't even close to the same level when it comes to passing.

But we are talking about Lamar and Smackover. The comment was that Smackover hasn't faced an opponent with the passing scheme as Lamar.

adaptedtigerfan

MICHAELSPAPPY

It will be interesting to see how Hootens picks this one, although they have not been very good at picking Lamar's games this year, both directions.

macadoshis

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on November 15, 2014, 10:11:40 am
Consistency may be one place where we need to focus. I am sure it drives the coaching staff bonkers. Stupid penalties have really hurt us this year. There is absolutely no excuse for jumping offside in a situation where everyone in the stadium knows there is going to be a long count. Sorry to be so pointed. But when the Warriors are on their game they have looked pretty good. We need to be focused on every play next week, because you can't beat good teams if you take off plays. No room for error.
[/quote

He is a sophomore.  And by no means perfect .  believe me when I say he feels as bad as anyone in the stadium. !!!!!!!!

TheTruth2010

#5 for Lamar is the fastest player, and smallest lol. He does have break away speed, if he was able to break away!

RamAlum10

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 15, 2014, 12:18:27 pm
Proud buck,  the best passing attack last year in 3A was chucktown, then Harding.  Their game would of been a better final.

Charleston ate Harding's lunch last year in the quarters..

RamAlum10

I have seen both teams play.. and here is my thoughts:

Lamar:

Big but not fast at all. May seem fast within conference, but not near Smack, Prescott type of speed.
Had success in their conference who is not known for speed, but more for fundamentals
Got absolutely smacked in both their losses
Had a close win against a not very good Danville team
Haven't seen speed and separation like Smackover has this season, and when they did last season (Barton) they lost.
Averaging 39 points a game and allowing 21 points a game.

Smackover:

Can kill you running or passing
Jones boys and Elmo kid can flat out go
D-Line is great
Secondary is very fast, and somewhat big for a 3A secondary
Their ability to score QUICK
VERY FAST
Fundamentally sound, on both sides of the ball barring a few bone head penalties
Only loss to Junction City (which I was at the game), and there isn't a defense in the state that can contain Jaquis Dancy. And played JC the closest anyone has all year.
Smack is averaging 46 points a game  :o  and only allowing 11 points a game  :o  (I know their conference isn't the best this year, but goodness gracious.)

I think this game will start out fast, and its up to Lamar to try and keep up.  Ill take Smackover 36-14.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas