• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

White Hall at Hope

Started by Hoghead, October 29, 2014, 02:06:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoghead

Hoggy

Lionheart88

White Hall 35, Hope 21, just like 2 years ago.  If we're lucky, lakeside will upset Chapel just like 2 years ago as well.  lol

OLineman

What happened to Hope's supposedly D1 prospect defensive end? He was all you heard about when talking recruiting last year and now nothing. Did he get hurt or is he getting ready for basketball season?

GuvHog

October 30, 2014, 09:33:20 am #4 Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 09:35:07 am by GuvHog
If White Hall loses this game there is something amiss in Bulldog land. After the way they beat Hot Springs, to turn right around and lose to Hope would be shocking.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: OLineman on October 30, 2014, 09:14:22 am
What happened to Hope's supposedly D1 prospect defensive end? He was all you heard about when talking recruiting last year and now nothing. Did he get hurt or is he getting ready for basketball season?

I've seen him play with my own eyes. Dude is a beast! He just don't have much help. For this Hope team I think he might be better at MLB. Dude can run plus he has a motor. All teams do is run away from him or double team him when the run to his side. We even triple teamed him at times.

RamFan06

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 30, 2014, 09:37:43 am

I've seen him play with my own eyes. Dude is a beast! He just don't have much help. For this Hope team I think he might be better at MLB. Dude can run plus he has a motor. All teams do is run away from him or double team him when the run to his side. We even triple teamed him at times.

Youngsta is right. They should have had him playing somewhere other than D-end. Put him somewhere he can play both sides, MLB is kind of obvious in my opinion. He was a non-factor in Lakesides game vs. Hope. I think he had 2 tackles all game.

Hoghead

Hope has no replacement at the other DE spot for Potts who is at OBU now. Agim has been double teamed all year. He's frustrated by it. But you can't play him man on man. The kid is fast, strong, good and has his grades in order. Any HS team would love to have him. He'll sign with a D1 school. The Hogs are on him.

OLineman

Quote from: Hoghead on October 30, 2014, 11:54:13 am

Hope has no replacement at the other DE spot for Potts who is at OBU now. Agim has been double teamed all year. He's frustrated by it. But you can't play him man on man. The kid is fast, strong, good and has his grades in order. Any HS team would love to have him. He'll sign with a D1 school. The Hogs are on him.

That's good to hear, I watched him play last year a few times and as a sophomore he was impressive. I always worry when people start calling kids D1 as sophomores. I have seen plenty get hurt, can't make the grades, etc..

Hoggy

Quote from: OLineman on October 30, 2014, 12:19:04 pm

That's good to hear, I watched him play last year a few times and as a sophomore he was impressive. I always worry when people start calling kids D1 as sophomores. I have seen plenty get hurt, can't make the grades, etc..
When a kid is 6-2 245 runs 4.6 and power cleans 330 its pretty easy to classify him d1 as a sophmore.  Not hard at all

OLineman

Quote from: Hoggy on October 30, 2014, 02:17:45 pm
Quote from: OLineman on October 30, 2014, 12:19:04 pm

When a kid is 6-2 245 runs 4.6 and power cleans 330 its pretty easy to classify him d1 as a sophmore.  Not hard at all

Didn't say it was hard, said I haven't heard any news on him this year like i did during all of last season and that I worry when people classify them as D1 early. Coaches and players alike target those kids on the field, coaches plan around them and players sometimes target them. Agim being a DE has to worry about cut blocks and getting high lowed, things like that. I know if i played against him, even though i was bigger than him, i would have had to cut him to slow him down and sometimes those blocks result in injuries.

In conclusion, I am pulling for the kid and hoping to see him healthy, making big plays, and signing to a big school.

Hoggy

I just hope the thugs at Hope don't rub off on him

Lionheart88

Hope takes the opening kick, then gets tricksy, tuning the ol' hook & lateral on their first play from scrimmage for 60 yards.  After that the drive stalls and the settle for a FG.  They lead 3-0 with 10:03 left in the opening quarter.

Lionheart88

White Hall drove to the redzone, but then Hope came up with three straight sacks to force the bulldog punt.  They take over at their 8.

Lionheart88

Hope drive goes maybe 20 yards, stalls and they punt.  White Hall drives down, mostly on the ground this time, and scores on a 20 yard TD run.  XP is blocked.  With 2:10 left in the opening quarter, its 6-3 in favor of the dogs.

Lionheart88

On 4th and 10 from the WH 37 or so, Hope throws a TD pass.  XP good, they lead 10-6 with 9:45 left in the half.

Lionheart88

Hope is killing themselves with pass interference penalties on this drive.  Anyway, Baugh to Sprinkle for a TD, PAT is good, dogs lead 13-10.  6:42 left 'til halftime.

Lionheart88

Hope ties it up with a FG, 13 all.  1:36 left in in the opening half.

Lionheart88

Lionheart88

The Hope concession stand needs to get some Halloween spirit.  I said "trick or treat" and they didn't give me anything. ;D

Lionheart88

Been mostly a defensive struggle in the third, but with 5:03 remaining Baugh punches it in.  20-13 dogs after the PAT.

Lionheart88

Well, now both sides seem to have made some adjustments and found some holes.  20-20 with 3:04 left in the third.

Lionheart88

Touchdown Hope.  They lead 27-20 with 7:03 left in the game

stayreddie

Lionheart88

White Hall turned it over on downs.  27-20 is final.

AT

Right when I think the South is starting to make sense, a week like this happens.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Almatrackster on October 31, 2014, 10:11:19 pm
Right when I think the South is starting to make sense, a week like this happens.

LOL! No kidding. By far the craziest wide open conference this season.

Hoghead

Nice win Bobcats ! Final games in 5A South determine champion and 3 other playoff spots. Hope  could crawfish in.

Hoghead

AT

Quote from: Hoghead on November 01, 2014, 03:01:11 am
Quote from: Hoggy on October 31, 2014, 02:38:12 pm

:(

Hoghead, did this win help salvage some happiness from the season for you?

Hoghead

Quote from: Almatrackster on November 01, 2014, 03:17:07 am
Quote from: Hoghead on November 01, 2014, 03:01:11 am
Quote from: Hoggy on October 31, 2014, 02:38:12 pm

:(

Hoghead, did this win help salvage some happiness from the season for you?

A little bit. Good to see the kids  & coaches enjoy a win. They could've mailed it in. Senior night was a sucess !

Hoggy

Good win for Hope.  Well actually great win.  Suprised me.  Who played well?  Can you give us a game recap

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas