• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lakeside @ Watson Chapel

Started by RamFan06, October 26, 2014, 12:58:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RamFan06

This one scares me more for The Rams than the Hot Springs game. Lakeside is going to have to figure out their defense quickly to be able to pull off a win this week. With the offensive weapons we have I anticipate a high scoring game but we aren't going to able to overcome a poor defensive performance like we did against DeQueen.

Lakeside 38
Chapel 35

GuvHog

As evidenced by their shutout over Magnolia, the Wildcats defense is pretty salty. It may be the best defense that the Rams have faced thus far. I doubt it will be a high scoring game.

Chughes11

U should be worried about Watson Chapel, and u should also be worried about hot springs.

AT

Lakeside is averaging an impressive 43.8 points per game...their defense is giving up 38.4 points per game, though.

Watson Chapel is averaging 21.2 points per game...their defense is only giving up an impressive 15 points per game.

It seems to be your typical offensive team vs. defensive team. Watson Chapel has shown the ability to score, though (42 against White Hall). Lakeside hasn't really held a team to a low offensive point total yet.

EDIT: Those numbers are just from conference games by the way

AT

Something else of interest...Watson Chapel could conceivably either win the conference championship and the 1 seed by winning their last two or not make the playoffs at all by losing their last two. Crazy year in the South.

RamFan06

Quote from: Chughes11 on October 26, 2014, 04:01:05 pm
U should be worried about Watson Chapel, and u should also be worried about hot springs.

Didn't say I wasn't worried about Hot Springs. Just not as much as Chapel. The Lakeside v HS game is usually a tight hard fought game regardless of records. Plus Lakeside has had Hot Springs number the last few years, hopefully that continues.

Chapel will most definitely be a defensive challange for the Rams. We will adjust and find a way to score. We need to find a way to match speed on D and hopefully not always run man on man.

RamFan06

Quote from: Almatrackster on October 26, 2014, 06:19:40 pm
Something else of interest...Watson Chapel could conceivably either win the conference championship and the 1 seed by winning their last two or not make the playoffs at all by losing their last two. Crazy year in the South.

The south is crazy this year. I believe DQ is the only team mathematically eliminated.

Lionheart88

Quote from: RamFan06 on October 26, 2014, 06:22:38 pm
Quote from: Almatrackster on October 26, 2014, 06:19:40 pm

The south is crazy this year. I believe DQ is the only team mathematically eliminated.
I think Hope is out.  Best they could hope (lol) for is 3-4 if they beat WH and Magnolia.  Even still, Hot Springs, Watson Chapel, and CF will all finish with at most 3 losses and, while Lakeside and White Hall could also go 3-4 if they lose out, but that would require White Hall to lose at home to DeQueen on Senior Night to get that 4th loss and even if Lakeside loses out they'd own the H2H tiebreaker vs Hope.

RamFan06

I know this is late in the week but who am I watching for to be a factor from Chapel?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: GuvHog on October 26, 2014, 02:20:27 pm
As evidenced by their shutout over Magnolia, the Wildcats defense is pretty salty. It may be the best defense that the Rams have faced thus far. I doubt it will be a high scoring game.

Magnolia is not an offensive juggernaut. So that shutout is not impressive at all.

stayreddie

Quote from: RamFan06 on October 30, 2014, 12:12:09 pm
I know this is late in the week but who am I watching for to be a factor from Chapel?

The Cole kid at RB has some serious wheels and can make a huge impact in any game. Heard he went out early with an ankle issue last week. Haven't heard on his status for this week. That will play a large part in what they can and can't do offensively. Other than that their defense is stout. #14 is a man at LB and the safeties have good speed and get downhill in a hurry. Should be a dandy of a match up against LS's offense. Will be anticipating the outcome of this one!

RamFan06

Great defensive battle tonight, I stand corrected. I said high scoring game but a 14-7 win tonight for Chapel. Great game b6 both teams. #6 Mo Bradford for Lakeside was all over the field on both sides of the ball. #14 for Chapel took over their defense and made a ton of plays himself.

Chapel is by far the fastest team we have seen so far this year. They have speed all over the field. They should have no problem taking down Fairview next week and winning the conference.

Absolut

This is about how I saw this game playing out. I knew Lakeside would try to physically dominate line of scrimmage on offense and put 11 in the box on defense. Lakeside just flat out would not let us run up and down the field and they put 11 guys within 10 yards of the ball.

On our end I can't say enough about our defense, this is the 2nd straight shutout (Lakeside touchdown scored on Interception return). WC is playing championship defense and I don't think that will change next week at Camden Fairview. Offensively we leave something to be desired. Our QB has been erratic at best the last two weeks. I thought our O-line took a slight step back the last two weeks also (even though HSL put 11 within 10 yards and better play calling could have helped out).

GuvHog

This sets up this weeks game between Watson Chapel and Camden Fairview as a battle for second place if Hot Springs beats Lakeside. If Lakeside and Watson Chapel win, the Wildcats will win the conference outright. The best Camden Fairview can do is second place.

wing

Quote from: GuvHog on November 02, 2014, 04:44:53 pm
This sets up this weeks game between Watson Chapel and Camden Fairview as a battle for second place if Hot Springs beats Lakeside. If Lakeside and Watson Chapel win, the Wildcats will win the conference outright. The best Camden Fairview can do is second place.

Best CF can do would be 2nd seed. If CF wins and Lakeside wins, wouldn't HS and CF tie for 1st?

GuvHog

Quote from: wing on November 03, 2014, 08:43:09 am
Quote from: GuvHog on November 02, 2014, 04:44:53 pm

Best CF can do would be 2nd seed. If CF wins and Lakeside wins, wouldn't HS and CF tie for 1st?

Ye, but Hot Springs would get the #1 seed based on their win over CF. WC can do no worse than the 3# seed.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas