• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harrison Golden Goblins @ Vilonia Eagles "All Hallow's Eve" Spooktaculer game

Started by Go Postal, October 25, 2014, 03:21:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

I believe that this is the first game that the Eagles and Goblins have played on "All Hallow's Eve" week, let alone on "All Hallow's Eve".

Vilonia (3-2) comes in to this game in a 4-way tie for the West 2nd seeding after coming back in the last game for the win in Farmington.  They hold the win/lose record against the Goblins over the years.

Harrison (3-2) comes in to this game in a 4-way tie for the West 2nd seeding after a heartbreaking barnburner home game loss against Greenbrier.

Harrison leads in tiebreaker points, tied with LRCA (3-2) with 39 points, but Vilonia is right behind them.

This game will be played at the "Eagle's Nest".

Vilonia runs and passes the ball, Harrison passes and runs the ball.  Very important game on West seeding in Week 9 for both teams.

For this "All Hallow's Eve" night game...
The Goblins will wear their everyday attire on this night:

The Eagles will wear their most scary attire on this night:

Both teams need a win to help solidify their spot on playoff seeding.  Good Luck to both teams!  Comments and insight are welcomed.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Go Postal on October 25, 2014, 03:21:40 am

I believe that this is the first game that the Eagles and Goblins have played on "All Hallow's Eve" week, let alone on "All Hallow's Eve".

Vilonia (3-2) comes in to this game in a 4-way tie for the West 2nd seeding after coming back in the last game for the win in Farmington.  They hold the win/lose record against the Goblins over the years.

Harrison (3-2) comes in to this game in a 4-way tie for the West 2nd seeding after a heartbreaking barnburner home game loss against Greenbrier.

Harrison leads in tiebreaker points, tied with LRCA (3-2) with 39 points, but Vilonia is right behind them.

This game will be played at the "Eagle's Nest".

Vilonia runs and passes the ball, Harrison passes and runs the ball.  Very important game on West seeding in Week 9 for both teams.

For this "All Hallow's Eve" night game...
The Goblins will wear their everyday attire on this night:

The Eagles will wear their most scary attire on this night:

Both teams need a win to help solidify their spot on playoff seeding.  Good Luck to both teams!  Comments and insight are welcomed.

Postal, nice introduction thread for the game. Should be a barn burner.

Jayepea

What's the difference between this years goblins team & last years goblins team?

Go Postal

I want take a moment to congratulate Harrison's QB Brock Humphrey on getting 2523 passing yards in 8 games with 32 TDs.  This is for 1st place in the 5A and I believe in the State.  He has also 299 rushing yards in 8 games with 5 TDs.  Very impressive.  Brock, keep up the Great Work!

Quote from: Jayepea on October 27, 2014, 06:01:07 pm
What's the difference between this years goblins team & last years goblins team?
Harrison's passing game has improved even better than last year.  Special teams have improved greatly (that was one reason that we didn't do as well last year).  Rushing game is pretty good, the same or better than last year.  Defensive pass protection is better than last year, Defensive rush protection a little better than last year, but still needs a little work.

This upcoming game is a must win for Harrison 3-2 and/or Vilonia 3-2 to get to the playoffs.  Of course Vilonia still has to play Greenbrier 3-2 and Harrison still has to play Farmington in Week 10.  I hope that Harrison has done their homework on Vtown's whatziz rushing attack with possible passing.  But Harrison has played a team that runs a simular style, 6A Mtn Home, and we saw how the outcome of that game was.  But not trying to take anything away from the Eagles, they are a better team than the Bombers.  Harrison defense needs to be on their toes of watching where the heck is that ball on this game.

side note:  This game will be played in Vilonia.  Vtown calls it the "Eagle's Nest".  Most teams that play there know it as "Where the Canaries Fly" due to all the yellow flags that are thrown.  LOL! ;)

InYoGrill

Nice observation Postal. I'd love to be at the game but I have duty in Fort Smith this Fri-Sun. I'll be watching on FF. The Gob network will be televising right?

I think V will play their best game of the year this Fri. With playoff seedings at stake and playing at home, I think Harrison will have to play mistake free ball to beat the Eagles in V. Flagfest? LOL!

Mattison

Quote from: Go Postal on October 28, 2014, 08:43:24 pm
I want take a moment to congratulate Harrison's QB Brock Humphrey on getting 2523 passing yards in 8 games with 32 TDs.  This is for 1st place in the 5A and I believe in the State.  He has also 299 rushing yards in 8 games with 5 TDs.  Very impressive.  Brock, keep up the Great Work!

Quote from: Jayepea on October 27, 2014, 06:01:07 pm
Harrison's passing game has improved even better than last year.  Special teams have improved greatly (that was one reason that we didn't do as well last year).  Rushing game is pretty good, the same or better than last year.  Defensive pass protection is better than last year, Defensive rush protection a little better than last year, but still needs a little work.

This upcoming game is a must win for Harrison 3-2 and/or Vilonia 3-2 to get to the playoffs.  Of course Vilonia still has to play Greenbrier 3-2 and Harrison still has to play Farmington in Week 10.  I hope that Harrison has done their homework on Vtown's whatziz rushing attack with possible passing.  But Harrison has played a team that runs a simular style, 6A Mtn Home, and we saw how the outcome of that game was.  But not trying to take anything away from the Eagles, they are a better team than the Bombers.  Harrison defense needs to be on their toes of watching where the heck is that ball on this game.

side note:  This game will be played in Vilonia.  Vtown calls it the "Eagle's Nest".  Most teams that play there know it as "Where the Canaries Fly" due to all the yellow flags that are thrown.  LOL! ;)

I guess the lighting at Vilonia's field is just so much better than any one else's field and the AAA refs see all the holding and jumping around that players do when they play here.  I know we get our share of "canaries" too!  As long as they call it fair both ways... no excuses, play ball! 

Go Vilonia! 

Go Postal

I really, truly want to wish Good Luck to the Vilonia Eagles on this upcoming "All Hallow's Eve" game on their home turf.

BUT...

and...
(excerpt from the James Whitcomb Riley 1885 poem)
An' little Orphant Annie says, when the blaze is blue,
An' the lamp-wick sputters, an' the wind goes woo-oo!
An' you hear the crickets quit, an' the moon is gray,
An' the lightnin'-bugs in dew is all squelched away,--
You better mind yer parents, an' yer teachers fond an' dear,
An' cherish them that loves you, an' dry the orphant's tear,
An' help the poor an' needy ones that clusters all about,
Or the Goblins Will Get You If You Don't Watch Out!

Go Postal

If you guys never heard this poem, here is it from youtube in the link below.  My father read me this poem when I was around 6 years old.  It use to scare the Schisch out of me and my sister back then in Yellville.  Then we moved to Mtn Home and found out that there are really Goblins around.  Many years went by in my life in other Countries and other States.  Moved finally to Harrison and raised two Goblin kids in the last 26 years.  The poem still has meaning to me, but on the other side of the coin now.  Thanks Dad, even though you and Mom still live in Bomber territory.

Anyway, here is the link.  Enjoy...

AT

You are very correct in this being a big game for getting into the playoffs for both teams...probably more so for Harrison than it is Vilonia

Let's see what we have in our West standings:

(To rank the 2-5 teams, I used the complicated AAA tiebreaker, but it's not that important how they are ranked because the next two weeks will sort them out)

1. Maumelle (5-0)
2. Harrison (3-2)
3. Little Rock Christian (3-2)
4. Vilonia (3-2)
5. Greenbrier (3-2)
6. Morrilton (2-3)
7. Farmington (1-4)
8. Clarksville (0-5)

Whoever loses this game has a good chance of being behind Greenbrier, Little Rock Christian, and the team that wins this game with only one game left.

Go Postal

Here is a story...

One day, two mythological entities (a Goblin and a Christian Warrior), were standing overlooking the 5A West battlefield.  They both noticed that a Majestic Eagle was flying overhead.  The Goblin told the Warrior that they still had to battle the Eagle in a upcoming game and was a little concerned.  The Warrior reminded the Goblin that "The Goblin had brought Heck on Earth to the Warrior's Holy Temple and that the Christian Warrior then brought Heaven's Wraith in the next week to the Eagle's Nest".  "You should have no worries in this game".  The Goblin thought about this for a moment.  Then smiled at the Warrior and both of them said in unison, "Still tastes like Chicken".

ZoneBuster

The Future

Jayepea

I've lived in Vilonia sence 1979 class of 96. I've never heard anyone from Vilonia call it the "eagles nest". It's Phillip D. Weaver Stadium.

Jayepea

Y 107.1 FM Conway broadcast Vilonia Eagle Football. Jimmy Rrogers & The New Guy do a great job! Big thanks to them!

I love Friday nights when your lookin for a win & Saturday mourning when you found one!!

GO EAGLES!!!

Rockhounds x2

This game will come down to Defense! Villonia will need to stop our passing game and we will need to stop there running game! Although Greenbrier ran the ball well they had to throw it to hang with our offense! Does Vilonia throw the ball well? If not they can't get behind like Greenbrier did! I'm pulling for the old Goblins to win out and make a run, but Vilonia is a tough place to win! 42-28 goblins

Jayepea

The last season any team played on Halloween night was 08, that year Vilonia beat Morrilton 35 14.

Jayepea

Harrison is a big play offence, if Vilonia can stop the big play & play ball control I think the Eagles can beat any team.

Go Postal

Quote from: Jayepea on October 29, 2014, 07:13:51 pm
I've lived in Vilonia sence 1979 class of 96. I've never heard anyone from Vilonia call it the "eagles nest". It's Phillip D. Weaver Stadium.
Okay that is fair, you are correct.  But IYG?  sevenof400?  Maybe I'm wrong, but I swear I heard from or saw some Vtown poster lovingly call it that.  Maybe it was on the soccer or track forums.  I thought that it was a good name.  It is kind of like the Harrison fans lovingly call it the Goblin Stadium, but is really known as the F.S. Garrison football/soccer Stadium complex with the J.T Cash Track plus the Mosco Cash indoor football/soccer practice facility.  But what's it in a name, it is where the Eagles roost overlooking their domain.  Per Se, the "Eagle's Nest" ;) or even "Where Only the Eagles Dare" or as us other old-time West teams (GOBS, 'briar and Motown) calls it, "Can't see the Eagles because of all of the Canaries flying around" Stadium.  LOL!

Anyway, back to this upcoming game.  Good Luck to both teams.  I like both of them.  This is a first of both teams playing on "All Hallow's Eve" ever and it will be at the Phillip D. Weaver Stadium in Vilonia.  Will it be a "Trick or Treat"?  We will see...

Quote from: InYoGrill on October 28, 2014, 09:02:00 pm
I'd love to be at the game but I have duty in Fort Smith this Fri-Sun. I'll be watching on FF. The Gob network will be televising right?
IYG, buddy, I believe that GOBTV will be live streaming this game.  It is done by Harrison students that are learning how to do multimedia.  So the quality of camera work is not up as good as the Airedale Nation, but they are getting better.  On away games, sometimes the audio quits out and the camera angle is not always correct, but they do a great job with what they have to work with.  Anyway, if you can hear on a local radio station and watch the Goblin link below or follow FF and watch the link below, you should be able to get a good account of what is happening.  Remember, any radio link is usually 5 to 10 seconds ahead of a live video link.  I will be trying to post on FF the score, time left and what happened on that FG, TD, PAT, 2pt conv or Special teams score during the game.  But I have no worries with any Vilonia or Harrison posters wanting to do the same on FF that are at the game.  I say go for it.  Makes it easier for me to listen to, watch and enjoy the game.

Here is the link for GOBTVFootball on Ustream live streaming...

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/gobtvfootball

Hope this helps you IYG.  Anything for a Military brother.  Too bad that you wasn't in the US Navy like HogHead and me.  LOL!

Go Postal

The only thing that could be better for the Devil Dogs and the Goblins on this night would also include a full moon.  Happy Halloween!

Jayepea

Y107 steams live on there website. Jimmy & the new guy do a great job if ur a Eagle fan there's no reason you can't listen live. Goggle y107 fm Conway ar & click on listen live. Pregame starts 6:35.

Go Postal

Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on October 29, 2014, 08:30:53 pm
This game will come down to Defense! Villonia will need to stop our passing game and we will need to stop there running game! Although Greenbrier ran the ball well they had to throw it to hang with our offense! Does Vilonia throw the ball well? If not they can't get behind like Greenbrier did! I'm pulling for the old Goblins to win out and make a run, but Vilonia is a tough place to win! 42-28 goblins
Goblins need to remember last year, when the Eagles beat us at home by a couple of points.  Or as I remember what sevenof400 quoted "freaking sophomores stepped up".  It helped the Goblins from going in to the playoffs.  This is a game for payback for the Goblins.  Can't let that happen again.  Goblins have very improved since last year on the other two phases of the game besides a powerful offense (which only gotten better).  But you are right, Goblin defense needs to be on there guard constantly on the Vilonia close quarters running game.  Also to watch out for the Eagle's possible passing game.  Veagles defense will be watching for the Goblin's passing game, but will they be ready for the Goblin's running game when we spread it out?  Should be a good game between these old-time West teams.  Good Luck to both teams!  Happy Halloween!

The Goblins will get you if you don't watch out!  Especially on "All Hallow's Eve"!

Jayepea

Go Postal

Quote from: Jayepea on October 29, 2014, 09:51:58 pm
Waxing gibus on this night. May the best team win.

GO EAGLES!!!
Brother, though I'm a old almost 58 year old guy that still plays video games and have been around the world and does speak Klingon plus other Earth languages.  This is new to me.  Not sure of what your saying.

Jayepea

Moon phases ever heard of em 9th grade Sci.  Come on smart guy you've got the internet in your hand.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Go Postal on October 29, 2014, 09:59:30 pm
Quote from: Jayepea on October 29, 2014, 09:51:58 pm
Waxing gibus on this night. May the best team win.

GO EAGLES!!!
Brother, though I'm a old almost 58 year old guy that still plays video games and have been around the world and does speak Klingon plus other Earth languages.  This is new to me.  Not sure of what your saying.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Go Postal on October 29, 2014, 09:07:22 pm
Quote from: Jayepea on October 29, 2014, 07:13:51 pm
Okay that is fair, you are correct.  But IYG?  sevenof400?  Maybe I'm wrong, but I swear I heard from or saw some Vtown poster lovingly call it that.  Maybe it was on the soccer or track forums.  I thought that it was a good name.  It is kind of like the Harrison fans lovingly call it the Goblin Stadium, but is really known as the F.S. Garrison football/soccer Stadium complex with the J.T Cash Track plus the Mosco Cash indoor football/soccer practice facility.  But what's it in a name, it is where the Eagles roost overlooking their domain.  Per Se, the "Eagle's Nest" ;) or even "Where Only the Eagles Dare" or as us other old-time West teams (GOBS, 'briar and Motown) calls it, "Can't see the Eagles because of all of the Canaries flying around" Stadium.  LOL!

Anyway, back to this upcoming game.  Good Luck to both teams.  I like both of them.  This is a first of both teams playing on "All Hallow's Eve" ever and it will be at the Phillip D. Weaver Stadium in Vilonia.  Will it be a "Trick or Treat"?  We will see...

Quote from: InYoGrill on October 28, 2014, 09:02:00 pm
I'd love to be at the game but I have duty in Fort Smith this Fri-Sun. I'll be watching on FF. The Gob network will be televising right?
IYG, buddy, I believe that GOBTV will be live streaming this game.  It is done by Harrison students that are learning how to do multimedia.  So the quality of camera work is not up as good as the Airedale Nation, but they are getting better.  On away games, sometimes the audio quits out and the camera angle is not always correct, but they do a great job with what they have to work with.  Anyway, if you can hear on a local radio station and watch the Goblin link below or follow FF and watch the link below, you should be able to get a good account of what is happening.  Remember, any radio link is usually 5 to 10 seconds ahead of a live video link.  I will be trying to post on FF the score, time left and what happened on that FG, TD, PAT, 2pt conv or Special teams score during the game.  But I have no worries with any Vilonia or Harrison posters wanting to do the same on FF that are at the game.  I say go for it.  Makes it easier for me to listen to, watch and enjoy the game.

Here is the link for GOBTVFootball on Ustream live streaming...

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/gobtvfootball

Hope this helps you IYG.  Anything for a Military brother.  Too bad that you wasn't in the US Navy like HogHead and me.  LOL!

Thanks Postal! I'll be watching on the Gob channel. They do a great job! We will have to meet one of these days soon. Thank you for your service as well!!!

Jayepea

IYG I doubt you'll go to next years game @ Harrison maybe y'all can meet halfway somewhere. Shierly is nice in May.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Jayepea on October 29, 2014, 10:20:45 pm
IYG I doubt you'll go to next years game @ Harrison maybe y'all can meet halfway somewhere. Shierly is nice in May.

LOL! Thanks JP. I'm sure it is. That hwy65 trip is an adventure. Made some of them during my boys playing days.

Jayepea

Boooo Greenbrier boooo. I don't care if we beat y'all or not, booo Greenbrier. So long as we beat Greenbrier! Booo Greenbrier!!

Elvis Hoggoblin

Kool 96.1fm  in Harrison will carry game and also broadcast "in stadium at 88.5 fm

VHSCoach2

For those of you traveling from Harrison (as well as those of you from Vilonia) that are FF posters, be sure to stop by and say hello when you come through the ticket booths tomorrow.  I'll be one of the guys in the ticket booth taking your money  ;)

Good luck to both teams!

InYoGrill

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on October 30, 2014, 01:17:19 pm
For those of you traveling from Harrison (as well as those of you from Vilonia) that are FF posters, be sure to stop by and say hello when you come through the ticket booths tomorrow.  I'll be one of the guys in the ticket booth taking your money  ;)

Good luck to both teams!

Haven't noticed Coach Rorie doing it this year, you take his spot?

VHSCoach2

Quote from: InYoGrill on October 30, 2014, 02:19:07 pm

Good luck to both teams!

Come on now, nobody could replace good ol' Coach Rorie!  I'm not sure, I think he does a lot of the junior high games, and then most of the track meets and soccer games in the spring. He's also back into coaching this year with 7th grade football.

Jayepea

Just your basic double wing & 3-4 D beat em if u can. It's going to cold be prepared. Safe travals.

Good luck, Go Eagles!

Go Postal

Quote from: Jayepea on October 29, 2014, 11:06:06 pm
Boooo Greenbrier boooo. I don't care if we beat y'all or not, booo Greenbrier. So long as we beat Greenbrier! Booo Greenbrier!!
The Goblin Nation certainly agree.  I have watched Greenbrier in 3 different sports over the years and I like the players on the team.  I even have some friends that are from there, but the other GB fans can be cocky and very vocal during a game.  I'm not sure on football, because we sit on opposite sides of the field.  But in basketball when we intermix in a gym and especially in soccer when we sit on the same side of the field, Wow!  They almost remind me cockiness of the fans from a private school.  For instance, a couple of years ago, other Goblin Nation fans and I were sitting in between LRCA fans below us and GB fans above us in the boys soccer semifinal games.  We were waiting for the Harrison/Dequeen game to start, but were watching the LRCA/GB game.  Wow, both team's fans were VERY vocal between each other and I looked at the Goblin fan sitting next to me and we both said, "Holy S**t" and wondered if we were going to be in the middle of a fan riot.  LOL!  Team passion is good, but Wow!

Anyway, I have always been a fan of the old-time West teams (GOBS, Motown, 'briar, Veagles) and it is good that the Warriors are back once again.  I have even become a fan of Maumelle in their first year in the West.  Still need to come up with a short name for them, I don't think that Mornets or Mingers will do.  This should be a exciting year in the West in all boys/girls sports.  Can't wait to see what happens.  For instance, I noticed in the paper today that in the 5A West District Cross Country meet at Vilonia.  Lady Goblins finished 2nd behind the Lady Warriors.  The Golden Goblins finished 2nd behind the Hornets.  Jr Lady Goblins finished 2nd behind the Lady Eagles.  Jr Goblins finished 3rd behind the Eagles, GB Panthers.

side note:  Upcoming seasonal sport conference events for West teams in this year tip for the newcomers coming into the West...
Basketball:  beat Clarksville.
Baseball:  Beat Vilonia, LRCA and Harrison.
Boys Track:  Beat Vilonia.
Boys Soccer:  Beat Greenbrier, LRCA and Harrison.
Girls Soccer:  Beat Harrison or LRCA.

Love this conference!

now back to football...

InYoGrill

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on October 30, 2014, 07:58:10 pm

Good luck to both teams!

Come on now, nobody could replace good ol' Coach Rorie!  I'm not sure, I think he does a lot of the junior high games, and then most of the track meets and soccer games in the spring. He's also back into coaching this year with 7th grade football.

+1

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

Good luck to both teams!

Wait, you mean coach Keith Rorie! He's awesome! He was an assistant football and baseball coach back in the day at Clarksville when I was there.

Jayepea

"I have even become a fan of Maumelle in their first year in the West.  Still need to come up with a short name for them, I don't think that Mornets or Mingers will do. "

I agree I like em too. I'll try to help y'all come up with a good short name. "Stingers" "River Horses" "Horns" "Mely" "The Swamp".

InYoGrill

Quote from: Chief_Osceolaâ„¢ on October 30, 2014, 10:50:21 pm

Good luck to both teams!

Wait, you mean coach Keith Rorie! He's awesome! He was an assistant football and baseball coach back in the day at Clarksville when I was there.

I believe so Chief. Keith is his first name, but he goes by Brian and his wife works in the school system as well. He goes back to Gosnell days I think with Coach Stanley. He started coaching the 7th grade team this year. Rorie is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. He use to have a FF name on here years back. It was something like Blue Sky or close to that.

bobcat81

Quote from: Go Postal on October 30, 2014, 08:46:56 pm
Quote from: Jayepea on October 29, 2014, 11:06:06 pm
The Goblin Nation certainly agree.  I have watched Greenbrier in 3 different sports over the years and I like the players on the team.  I even have some friends that are from there, but the other GB fans can be cocky and very vocal during a game.  I'm not sure on football, because we sit on opposite sides of the field.  But in basketball when we intermix in a gym and especially in soccer when we sit on the same side of the field, Wow!  They almost remind me cockiness of the fans from a private school.  For instance, a couple of years ago, other Goblin Nation fans and I were sitting in between LRCA fans below us and GB fans above us in the boys soccer semifinal games.  We were waiting for the Harrison/Dequeen game to start, but were watching the LRCA/GB game.  Wow, both team's fans were VERY vocal between each other and I looked at the Goblin fan sitting next to me and we both said, "Holy S**t" and wondered if we were going to be in the middle of a fan riot.  LOL!  Team passion is good, but Wow!

Anyway, I have always been a fan of the old-time West teams (GOBS, Motown, 'briar, Veagles) and it is good that the Warriors are back once again.  I have even become a fan of Maumelle in their first year in the West.  Still need to come up with a short name for them, I don't think that Mornets or Mingers will do.  This should be a exciting year in the West in all boys/girls sports.  Can't wait to see what happens.  For instance, I noticed in the paper today that in the 5A West District Cross Country meet at Vilonia.  Lady Goblins finished 2nd behind the Lady Warriors.  The Golden Goblins finished 2nd behind the Hornets.  Jr Lady Goblins finished 2nd behind the Lady Eagles.  Jr Goblins finished 3rd behind the Eagles, GB Panthers.

side note:  Upcoming seasonal sport conference events for West teams in this year tip for the newcomers coming into the West...
Basketball:  beat Clarksville.
Baseball:  Beat Vilonia, LRCA and Harrison.
Boys Track:  Beat Vilonia.
Boys Soccer:  Beat Greenbrier, LRCA and Harrison.
Girls Soccer:  Beat Harrison or LRCA.

Love this conference!

now back to football...
Gosh, postal, just had to go after the Greenbrier fans in a Goblin and Eagle topic. ;)  Every school has such fans.  I think I recall several years ago now a Harrison fan or two having to be basically escorted out of the gym in Greenbrier.  Then I've sat on that shared gym side in Harrison and thought couldn't you sit some less obnoxious Goblin fans on the "visitor's" side, and I'm not talking about the students.  Again, every school has such fans - I've seen them.  Just hate that an entire fan base, other than your friends, have been singled out as cocky and overly vocal, in a negative sense. 

Good luck to both the Goblins and Eagles, on what will be a chilly Halloween evening. 

P.S.  Don't want this to sound cocky ;), but Greenbrier may be a team to beat in baseball as I think they return all but one player. 

Go Postal

My bad, I mean't to say, "some other Greenbrier" fans.  I didn't mean all other Greenbrier fans.

Happy Halloween!  Good luck to all West teams tonight.  But watch out for them Devil Dogs and Goblins. ;)

Jayepea

I'm starting to get a good feeling about this game!

Good luck & GO EAGLES!!!

Birdsflyhigh

Great Weather for some Friday night Football

Rockhounds x2

sevenof400

Jayepea

Go Postal

Good game.  I was only kidding about canaries flying, but even though Veagles did get some, I quit counting after 10 GOBS penalties.  That aside, I still like this barnburner.  Veagles with 241 yds, mostly rushing, GOBS with 244 yds, mostly passing.
That Santiago for Veagles is a great rusher.  I wonder how many yards that he runs during a game, not counting rushing yards.

InYoGrill

Final  H 41 V 28

I watched the 2nd half on Gob streaming. Thanks for the video tv Gobs. V Defense no answer for the high powered run and throw Gob O. We ran the ball very well on the Gobs but again, we get behind more than a td in the 2nd half and our O can't run enough to catch up. Same story different week.

Hats off to the V players. They play hard every week!!

InYoGrill

I will throw props out to the Gob QB. Not a big guy but smooth. His passes are spot on and he can run when he wants to. He has to be the best qb in the conference. Gob O looks very tough to stop. Their D gives up quite a few yards but held us out of the end zone enough to win on the road. Safe travels home Gobs.

The rival county game next week against Briar.

sevenof400

Pretty much ends the postseason hopes for Vilonia -  especially if LR Christian beats Morrilton.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas