• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If playoffs started today 10/24

Started by justalionfan, October 24, 2014, 08:10:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

justalionfan

I will be updating this tonight after the games....

Absolut

justalionfan

This one was a little tough because of the west cluster... this is based off of records, points, and head to head competition. I might be wrong on some of the west.

FC @ PA
HARRISON/LRC @ CFV

BB @ BATES
WC @ HARRISON/LRC

WH @ MAUM
McCLELLAN @ WYNNE

VILL @ HS
NETT @ SH

GB is in there somewhere because they have beaten LRC and HARR, but it's hard to place them since they have played VILL yet. HARRISON @VILL friday will clear a lot of the west seeding up.

justalionfan

This one was a little tough because of the west cluster... this is based off of records, points, and head to head competition. I might be wrong on some of the west.

FC @ PA
LRC @ CFV

BB @ BATES
WC @ HARRISON

WH @ MAUM
McCLELLAN @ WYNNE

VILL @ HS
NETT @ SH

GB is in there somewhere because they have beaten LRC and HARR, but it's hard to place them since they have played VILL yet. Plus thier tie breaker points were the lowest HARRISON @VILL friday will clear a lot of the west seeding up.

Chief_Osceola™

Check my thread on the 5A West - it has the seedlings as of today. There are a lot of 3-2 teams but they are in their proper order.

justalionfan

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 25, 2014, 06:20:20 pm
Check my thread on the 5A West - it has the seedlings as of today. There are a lot of 3-2 teams but they are in their proper order.

I did. It's just hard to leave GB out since they have beaten 2 of the other 3-2 teams. I think they will win the rest and finish 5-2 and get the number 2 seed. The loser of Harrison villiona game might be left out of the playoffs. Ready for next Friday to hurry up.

bobcat81

So if tiebreaker rules had to be applied today, who would be in from the west.  I know that's challenging because all haven't played each other, but it might be interesting to see how they would apply nonetheless.  It wouldn't just be the point order, as the points just determine who will be in sets of two way ties. 

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: justajacketfan on October 25, 2014, 06:39:59 pm

I did. It's just hard to leave GB out since they have beaten 2 of the other 3-2 teams. I think they will win the rest and finish 5-2 and get the number 2 seed. The loser of Harrison villiona game might be left out of the playoffs. Ready for next Friday to hurry up.

I agree - I think they'll be there when it's all said and done. They better not sleep on Vilonia though.

AT

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 25, 2014, 08:47:50 pm
Quote from: justajacketfan on October 25, 2014, 06:39:59 pm

I agree - I think they'll be there when it's all said and done. They better not sleep on Vilonia though.

The Vilonia-Greenbrier game has had some very surprising results in the past decade.

msthang200721

MDXPHD

mijally

MDXPHD

Quote from: mijally on October 26, 2014, 06:25:27 pm
Troll bait. Lol

I'm not trolling, Maumelle just isn't good.  And for them to be at the top of the west is an embarrassment for the west. Yes, i have seen then play.  The west is down this year, terribly down.  Playoffs will show that.

Chief_Osceola™

mijally

You can tell when it's getting close to Halloween. Look under the bridge before you cross tonight.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 27, 2014, 09:50:52 am
^ Which game?

Fountain Lake.  It was early, and I'm sure there were some missing players, but I didn't see much of anything.  FL is second or third in their 4A conference.  I might go to the game in a couple of weeks vs LRCA to see if they have drastically improved, but struggling against morrilton might have already answered that question for me.

What am I missing about Maumelle? What makes them a contender? (honest question, mijally can be a kid if he wants to and say I am trolling, it's all good)

mijally

You did this before with your Mountain Home bashing in earlier posts. And Valley View too. And your troll tracks are all up in the Wynne-Batesville thread trying to instigate. You have no dog in the fight. You just bash. But I do wish I was a kid again sometimes.

Intelligentsia

From what I've read and looking at their game history, Maumelle looks like a very good team; likely well coached and well disciplined.  Their non conference resume was good, but not great, though that can be said of most 5-A schools.  That said, I will revise my previous prediction and say that if Maumelle earns the top spot in the West, they should get by their first round game in the playoffs over the South #4, in part because of their home field advantage, though an upset would not shock me at all.

MDXPHD

Quote from: mijally on October 27, 2014, 03:25:48 pm
You did this before with your Mountain Home bashing in earlier posts. And Valley View too. And your troll tracks are all up in the Wynne-Batesville thread trying to instigate. You have no dog in the fight. You just bash. But I do wish I was a kid again sometimes.

I feel loved that you follow me so closely. 

You will see when the playoffs start how down the west actually is.  Until then, keep beating up on those pitiful teams and feeling good about it.

mijally

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 27, 2014, 02:56:21 pm
Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 27, 2014, 09:50:52 am
^ Which game?

Fountain Lake.  It was early, and I'm sure there were some missing players, but I didn't see much of anything.  FL is second or third in their 4A conference.  I might go to the game in a couple of weeks vs LRCA to see if they have drastically improved, but struggling against morrilton might have already answered that question for me.

What am I missing about Maumelle? What makes them a contender? (honest question, mijally can be a kid if he wants to and say I am trolling, it's all good)

So you saw our defense nearly shut out the same FL team that beat Nashville and scored 40+ in an overtime loss to Arkadelphia.  You also saw an offense that was able to move the ball between the 20's but had a few bad snaps cost is at least a couple scores. That was J.B's second game at QB - the first was N. Pulaski.

But by all means, continue to downplay us based off of anecdotal evidence. It would be comparable to me judging Batesville off of only the Paragould game.

MDXPHD

October 27, 2014, 04:32:49 pm #22 Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 04:35:16 pm by MDXPHD
I can't say that the FL game was impressive, no matter how you twist it. 

I agree that it would be equivalent to you judging Batesville off that game. The only difference is that I witnessed the game, so I'm not sure what anecdotal evidence you are referring to. I am basing my assumption off of facts of the game that I witnessed. I will stop talking about how weak the west is, but it will show in the playoffs.  We will just have to wait a few weeks, unfortunately.

Chief_Osceola™

So what facts and/or evidence can you provide that twists the Batesville win over Paragould seem more impressive? Because based off what I've read and heard there was nothing impressive about that game.

That said, I'm a little more mature than that and can look past one bad game and review the full body of work. Some here can't. Oh well.

mijally

But I'm sure you will resurface to bash and bait others. It was just Maumelle's turn.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 27, 2014, 04:48:31 pm
So what facts and/or evidence can you provide that twists the Batesville win over Paragould seem more impressive? Because based off what I've read and heard there was nothing impressive about that game.

That said, I'm a little more mature than that and can look past one bad game and review the full body of work. Some here can't. Oh well.

Oh, I didn't realize I said there were facts or evidence that makes the Batesville win impressive. I just said the Maumelle one wasn't. Don't get me wrong.  Batesville's win over Paragould was pitiful. I wasn't at that game, but I would be Batesville didn't seem impressive at all that night.  They do have a quality win or two.

The west can be proud I guess, but when it lacks Greenwood and Alma, the whole conference drops off a notch or two.  Alma proved that earlier this season against Harrison I'm pretty sure. 

Maumelle, you're a good team.  You have almost completed the sweep of the west, nice job.  We will see what happens in the playoffs before there is any credit given.  I'm predicting a Wynne 2 touchdown win at Maumelle in round 2.

mijally, you may be my biggest fan.  Thanks for all of the support.

MDXPHD

I will stop spamming up this thread arguing with you two about how good your team is. It's clear that you both are biased, understandably.  These are our opinions, and they won't be relevant in November.

mijally

I never mentioned anything about my team. I simply stated you are trolling for reactions by bashing teams.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 27, 2014, 07:05:22 pm
I will stop spamming up this thread arguing with you two about how good your team is. It's clear that you both are biased, understandably.  These are our opinions, and they won't be relevant in November.

We haven't lost yet, that's not an opinion. We've looked real good at times, less so at others. That's what you have to expect with 15-18 year-olds. You do seem to have something against Maumelle, and further the West in general. Why is that?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas