• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hootens could not wait to put their prized team at #1.

Started by 4thandgoal, October 17, 2014, 11:00:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

4thandgoal

FowlMood

Wow,  big surprise there.   Batesville and/or Wynne will beat PA by 2 scores when/if they meet up.

DogsWin7

4thandgoal

October 17, 2014, 11:11:11 pm #4 Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 11:14:06 pm by 4thandgoal
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 17, 2014, 11:06:25 pm
I thought the word Hootens was forbidden?

Well, they actually have some true Hooten followers on FF. you probably have bought one of their magazines. I wouldn't trade my dog's bone for that magazine. I don't put any stock in their ratings. I will ride with Hoghead or Uncke Ivan's and maybe even RD 's ratings.

Made

Quote from: 4thandgoal on October 17, 2014, 11:11:11 pm

Well, they actually have some true Hooten followers on FF. you probably have bought one of their magazines. I wouldn't trade my dog's bone for that magazine. I don't put any stock in their ratings. I will ride with Hoghead or Uncke Ivan's and maybe even RD 's ratings.
While not a hootens follower, there are several good things about their magazine, that have nothing to do with their ratings. I enjoy the conference ratings formed by the coaches, the team bios, as well as a little insight to the local state colleges as well as their conferences. As far as watching their show, think I may have done that a couple of times, back in the day....does it even still come on?

DogsWin7

Quote from: FowlMood on October 17, 2014, 11:05:08 pm
Wow,  big surprise there.   Batesville and/or Wynne will beat PA by 2 scores when/if they meet up.
Welcome to FF...:) +1

4thandgoal.....I do not buy Hootens.     

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Made on October 18, 2014, 09:21:57 am

While not a hootens follower, there are several good things about their magazine, that have nothing to do with their ratings. I enjoy the conference ratings formed by the coaches, the team bios, as well as a little insight to the local state colleges as well as their conferences. As far as watching their show, think I may have done that a couple of times, back in the day....does it even still come on?

Yeah, but it sucks! I don't even think they show the highlights anymore. Just recruiting stuff.

hawgrule

and it is the same exact show every week.  Same coach interviews, same recruting clips. 

HeberFan

Hootens gets lazy and tends to pick teams with winning traditions instead of looking at current year match-ups. That often works but it comes across as bias.

OB11

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 19, 2014, 05:43:28 am
Quote from: Made on October 18, 2014, 09:21:57 am

Yeah, but it sucks! I don't even think they show the highlights anymore. Just recruiting stuff.

They do show highlights on their website.  Been on there a few times this year to watch them.  Usually 3 to 4 minute highlight reels from games around the state.  And they do a pretty decent job of getting all of the classifications. 

kjjackson

Batesville couldn't even beat Valley View by two scores. I would take PA and two scores without thinking twice.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: kjjackson on October 22, 2014, 03:21:10 pm

Batesville couldn't even beat Valley View by two scores. I would take PA and two scores without thinking twice.

Yep, another Pioneer beat down by #1 P.A. just like 2012.  P.A. was unstoppable with Hunter Henry &Co. - taught the Pioneers something about football that night!!

MoTownDog

I'm mad. hootens deleted my comment regarding this matter.  Of course it was 10 min before they posted their new rankings.  Ha ha

HeberFan

wing

I understand all the Hooten hate, but I guess right now I don't have  a problem with PA being ranked #1. They've taken care of business every week vs. Arkansas schools. We'll find out in week 10 vs. SH.

HeberFan

PA has certainly earned the top ranking. Scoring 50 points in the first half is fairly normal for them. Unless some team can figure out a way to get a great pass rush then PA will keep scoring.

Youngsta71701

I'm not a PA fan but PA is the #1 team so far this season no doubt about it. They have demolished all the Arkansas teams they've play so far not to mention playing toe to toe with one of the best High School football teams in the state of Texas.

Intelligentsia

I love P.A. being ranked #1.  It will allow the Pioneers to enter the semifinal game a slight underdog; allowing them to play with abandon and setting up a situation similar to the 2012 meeting when the Pioneers faced an unstoppable P.A., which featured Hunter Henry & Co.  (Do love my run on sentences:)

Overdahill

I still think Wynne is the team to beat despite their stumble

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Overdahill on October 23, 2014, 09:42:39 am

They are a very talented team; like most, however, they have vulnerabilities.  I would LOVE for them to have another shot at the Pioneers at War Memorial!! 

wing

Quote from: Overdahill on October 23, 2014, 09:42:39 am

You are probably right. I just think they need to drop a little if they lose. On the 4A board the last couple of years it looked odd to see Warren at #1 when they were 0-3. Yes I know they played up in competition but reward the teams that win.

Go Postal

Private schools vs Public schools.  That is the debate on a lot of different sport's forums.  From a West perspective, I know that Private schools have been a thorn in the side for some Public schools, not only in football, but in all sports.  But you know what?  I don't care.  Bring them on.  It only makes teams that beat them, look stronger.  But, like I said earlier, that is a different debate.

I think that PA is a fabulous team.  Now and even going in to the playoffs.  I think if it wasn't for PA's offensive strategy, we (5A teams) would not have ever tried a onside kick or going on 4th down, etc, in high school football.  I have noticed that a lot of teams have been trying to adopt that strategy or at least find out how to stop that offensive strategy this season in the West, probably the other conferences also.

Now with all that said, do I want PA to win State Championship?  Not really, but I know that any team that makes it to the semi games and Championship game, gets my vote.

MoTownDog

I was told by a PA fan last year when I walked in their stadium that I was fixing to watch the best team in the state play.  They were right.  Go Dogs!

HeberFan

Yeah, I'm not much for bragging. Good teams are cocky. Great teams are humble.

football nut

October 23, 2014, 09:50:56 pm #25 Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 09:56:38 pm by football nut
Quote from: MoTownDog on October 23, 2014, 08:28:38 pm
I was told by a PA fan last year when I walked in their stadium that I was fixing to watch the best team in the state play.  They were right.  Go Dogs!
The fact is, he was right! No doubt, Motown was the best team in the state. If you would have told me PA would score 50 points and lose by 7, I would have laughed out loud. BUT, that is what happened. It was a great game.
Reality is, just like public schools, we have some knucklehead folks. Comments like that have a way of haunting folks.
Most of the kids you see or hear about at PA have been together since pre-K. Just like Wynn, Batesville, Motown or Harrison these kids are ending part of their life that will forever be in the DNA of who they are. Whatever happens, we just hope they go out knowing they gave it their all. 
Hopefully next time you come back to PA you can enjoy the game without some knucklehead mouthing off. Try one of the hot dogs to, Chef Marcus is a master griller!
Good luck to you guys!

AirWarren

Wynne may have let their guard down on batesville. I think they are a front runner to win it all. Could be a Wynne vs batesville title game in the future is the brackets work out.

However lets hope there isn't another Wynne/hamburg 1997 debacle all over again to derail their chances. Wynne winning is good for Arkansas high school football.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: AirWarren on October 23, 2014, 10:08:25 pm
Wynne may have let their guard down on batesville. I think they are a front runner to win it all. Could be a Wynne vs batesville title game in the future is the brackets work out.

However lets hope there isn't another Wynne/hamburg 1997 debacle all over again to derail their chances. Wynne winning is good for Arkansas high school football.

You really think "Wynne let their guard down?".  Wynne made mistakes, but I don't know how many were not brought about by Batesville pressure.  The Pioneers capitalized on those mistakes.   Batesville also found a weakness in the Wynne secondary and capitalized.  I don't think for a moment, however, that Wynne took Batesville lightly. 

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 23, 2014, 11:17:00 pm

You really think "Wynne let their guard down?".  Wynne made mistakes, but I don't know how many were not brought about by Batesville pressure.  The Pioneers capitalized on those mistakes.   Batesville also found a weakness in the Wynne secondary and capitalized.  I don't think for a moment, however, that Wynne took Batesville lightly.

Not to mention the terrible calls they got......just gonna make em play harder tho!

#1jacketfan

I sure hope they see em again!

PercussionMan

Quote from: football nut on October 23, 2014, 09:50:56 pm
Quote from: MoTownDog on October 23, 2014, 08:28:38 pm
The fact is, he was right! No doubt, Motown was the best team in the state. If you would have told me PA would score 50 points and lose by 7, I would have laughed out loud. BUT, that is what happened. It was a great game.
Reality is, just like public schools, we have some knucklehead folks. Comments like that have a way of haunting folks.
Most of the kids you see or hear about at PA have been together since pre-K. Just like Wynn, Batesville, Motown or Harrison these kids are ending part of their life that will forever be in the DNA of who they are. Whatever happens, we just hope they go out knowing they gave it their all. 
Hopefully next time you come back to PA you can enjoy the game without some knucklehead mouthing off. Try one of the hot dogs to, Chef Marcus is a master griller!
Good luck to you guys!

True...I do have to say that was one of the best high school football games I had watched in a while.  Great atmosphere, despite the rain and no room to sit!  I do have to admit that PA had me a little worried when they were up two scores early, but Morrilton started slow a few games and came back and played the rest like champions.  It could have bitten them in the butt, but thankfully, they weathered the storm. 

DogsWin7

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas