• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Wynne Yellowjackets

Started by MDXPHD, October 13, 2014, 03:50:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Which team would have the best chance at beating Wynne?

Batesville
12 (27.3%)
Pulaski Academy
11 (25%)
Maumelle
1 (2.3%)
Sylvan Hills
0 (0%)
Conway
0 (0%)
Mississippi State
3 (6.8%)
Baltimore Ravens
2 (4.5%)
No team can beat Wynne.  Ever.
15 (34.1%)

Total Members Voted: 44

walkingguy72396

The best thing Green did that game was block.  A big block down field.  Plus picking up the blitzing line backers.

MDXPHD

Dang, I was wrong.  I chose the last option.  Shows my ignorance of the sport.

playmaker04

sometimes it needs a dose of reality. Might be the best thing that could have happened.

MDXPHD

Quote from: playmaker04 on October 18, 2014, 07:55:47 am
sometimes it needs a dose of reality. Might be the best thing that could have happened.

Or, sometimes it needs one real team on the schedule.  Wynne needs to be scheduling a harder non-conference schedule and stop worrying about going undefeated.  If Wynne had faced adversity like last night at any point in the season then I believe they could have held on.  They were up 14-3 and 28-17. Then the playcalling for Wynne was all qb read options and runs.  I was confused by a lot of it.

playmaker04

Who knew west Memphis would be down as they are. Their normally an 8,9,10 game winner every year. Rosa fort won 9 games last year. And Marion,that's a rival we been playing for quite sometime. The strange play calls have nothing to do with the schedule. You can't play "not to lose" against a good team like Batesville.

walkingguy72396

October 18, 2014, 10:06:15 am #55 Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 10:10:56 am by walkingguy72396
I really dont much buy this search high and wide for the best team to play too start the season.

Wynne had to find two games for this season.  Arranging West Memphis, I think was ok.  After all they gave Forrest City a good game.  Plus its easy commute for both teams.

Marion, I do not see any reason to drop them.  They will get it going again.

It would be nice to schedule Jonesboro again.  But I dont think Jonesboro wants to play both Batesville and Wynne.

Wynne has a good group of kids right now playing 7-9 grade ball.  If any schools not on the schedule currently wants a good non-conference opponent 2016 on.

Has Wynne won a title from the 2 seed spot?  I kind of think they have.

Intelligentsia

Batesville has a tough time scheduling non-conference opponents; thank goodness we got Jonesboro on the schedule. The best bet for Wynne and Batesville may be scheduling a really consistent 4A school, like Warren.  Like Wynne and Marion, we have had Searcy on our schedule and suspect they will stay there out of tradition.  Watson Chapel was a good addition for us this year.  They were a good test, allowing our younger and less experienced players see some speed without getting physically abused, as seemed to be the case with Springdale.

walkingguy72396

Seems like the Jackets even played Hughes at least once.  Heck I think Hughes even beat them at Hughes,  But then again I have old-timers.

DogsWin7

Mr. PhD and all his antics hexed Wynne.   :(

MDXPHD

Quote from: playmaker04 on October 18, 2014, 09:32:57 am
Who knew west Memphis would be down as they are. Their normally an 8,9,10 game winner every year. Rosa fort won 9 games last year. And Marion,that's a rival we been playing for quite sometime. The strange play calls have nothing to do with the schedule. You can't play "not to lose" against a good team like Batesville.

I don't think I said the play calling had something to do with the scheduling.  Maybe I was ambiguous in my writing.  What I meant was 1) the non conference schedule for Wynne is terrible and they need to play at least one real team before the season starts 2) the play calling was poor from Wynne in the second half. 

I am curious about one thing; where was that really good defense that we were told about all week?

MDXPHD

tmycjy

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on October 18, 2014, 10:12:41 am
Seems like the Jackets even played Hughes at least once.  Heck I think Hughes even beat them at Hughes,  But then again I have old-timers.

hey Wynne only played Hughes 2 times
Score was

40-7 Wynne at Hughes
24-6 Wynne at Wynne  wynne 2-0 these are the only two time we have played them as far as I know now if week played them back in the day like the 40 or 50 or 60 I don't know about it

walkingguy72396

27 Trap

[/quote]

Yes, in 2001, got beat by Osceola in last game  and came back to win it all, beating Greenwood, Hope, Monticello, and Stuttgart in finals....

chaingang

Quote from: 27 Trap on October 18, 2014, 11:20:15 pm

Yes, in 2001, got beat by Osceola in last game  and came back to win it all, beating Greenwood, Hope, Monticello, and Stuttgart in finals....
[/quote]   ........and nobody should know this better than you....''The General''.....Thanks for being here Coach, hope you're doing well ?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas