• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Games that make you say "WOW!"

Started by InYoGrill, September 05, 2014, 10:24:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

InYoGrill

Week1: Thoughts?

Hope gets pistol whipped by Nashville?

Wynne runs over and over and over Marion!

Harrison routs Mountain Home BIG time.

Batesville hits Chapel in the mouth.  Wynne and Batesville look like 1 and 2 for 5A.

Morrilton losing to Rville is not a big surprise but the score wasn't even close.

InYoGrill

I'll add PA to #1 and Wynne and Batesville 2-3. Just saw a late score in the 4th where PA is giving Texas powerhouse Highland Park everything they can handle. WOW!!

SECFOOTBALLFAN

September 05, 2014, 10:30:26 pm #2 Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 10:32:21 pm by SECFOOTBALLFAN
Better put CF ahead of batesville

The batesville game is misleading. WC probably won't make playoffs and batesville slopped their way to a win. Defense is way ahead of offense for the pioneers right now

CF doesn't look any different

InYoGrill

Quote from: SECFOOTBALLFAN on September 05, 2014, 10:30:26 pm

You may be right SEC. Close game with Eldo and they are always #1 or #2 in 6A. Even with a new head coach CFV always fields a team with talented players.

InYoGrill

PA lost 48-42 down in Texas to 6A Highland Park which is rated in the top 20 in Texas.  Hats off to the Bruins playing a titan out of state and almost winning!!!

tmycjy

Quote from: InYoGrill on September 05, 2014, 10:24:21 pm

Week1: Thoughts?

Hope gets pistol whipped by Nashville?

Wynne runs over and over and over Marion!

Harrison routs Mountain Home BIG time.

Batesville hits Chapel in the mouth.  Wynne and Batesville look like 1 and 2 for 5A.

Morrilton losing to Rville is not a big surprise but the score wasn't even close.

Hey I agree with I never thought wynne would win that big even more shocking was that Wynne was leading 50-0 at the half

MDXPHD

September 05, 2014, 11:26:32 pm #6 Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 11:32:07 pm by MDXPHD
Quote from: SECFOOTBALLFAN on September 05, 2014, 10:30:26 pm

The batesville game is misleading. WC probably won't make playoffs and batesville slopped their way to a win. Defense is way ahead of offense for the pioneers right now

CF doesn't look any different

Defense is always ahead of the offense in Batesville.  Batesville also got a long td called back for a holding call.  WC isn't too good, but the game was never in doubt or even close.  Batesville didn't play that well and still hammered them.  How do you know what CF looks like if you were so caught up in the WC game? All you have done is cry about WC and the offense they're running.  WC will make the playoffs in the South. 

Go Postal

Nice posts IYG, or as PB says, "you Red-bellied honey sucker".  +1.  Goblins played a team tonight that thought they could do the same as the Eagles, Double Wing whatzizs plus passing the ball.  They were no where as experienced as Vilonia on that scheme.  But have potential.  Goblins won by 40.  Can't wait until Week 3 against Alma to see what we are really made of, then Conference play.  Should be exciting.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Go Postal on September 06, 2014, 01:22:08 am
Nice posts IYG, or as PB says, "you Red-bellied honey sucker".  +1.  Goblins played a team tonight that thought they could do the same as the Eagles, Double Wing whatzizs plus passing the ball.  They were no where as experienced as Vilonia on that scheme.  But have potential.  Goblins won by 40.  Can't wait until Week 3 against Alma to see what we are really made of, then Conference play.  Should be exciting.

That week 3 game against Alma should be a barn burner. You gremlin hobgob crotch sniffer. And Blue can jump out of that big office window he has into the Taco Bell dumpster below.

PercussionMan

16 starters gone from a state championship team will probably make most teams look terrible.  You can't give up 2-3 TDs on special teams and expect to win.  Devil Dogs did not look good...at all...in any phase of the game.  I have no doubt that Coach McNabb will have these kids putting in some serious work this week. 

MoTownDog

Quote from: PercussionMan on September 08, 2014, 08:33:48 am

16 starters gone from a state championship team will probably make most teams look terrible.  You can't give up 2-3 TDs on special teams and expect to win.  Devil Dogs did not look good...at all...in any phase of the game.  I have no doubt that Coach McNabb will have these kids putting in some serious work this week.

We played ok at times but injury got us right off and then the 70 degree summer didn't help prepare us for the hot humid night.  Our quarter back and running back started cramping up in the 3rd quarter and had to be taken out.  We were close till then. 

HorseFeathers

Doesn't help morrilton that Russellville has their number...It's 11-2 in the Cyclones favor in the last 13 games...

AT

Hot Springs leading Lake Hamilton and then losing by one point was a bit of a shocker to me. Is Hot Springs this year's Hope?

Doggone

Losing that many starters is tough. But there seemed to me to be a sense of arrogance going into the game, that got slapped out of them during the game. Last year is over. Those guys aren't there to make the tackles that were missed on special teams or other breakdowns. You can only play with what you have. Granted it was week one, but I'm already tired of hearing about last year.

Hoghead

Quote from: InYoGrill on September 05, 2014, 11:05:35 pm

PA lost 48-42 down in Texas to 6A Highland Park which is rated in the top 20 in Texas.  Hats off to the Bruins playing a titan out of state and almost winning!!!
I hear PA will have we
Almost Beat a Texas School T-Shirts & Rings presented to them at Homecoming.

PercussionMan

Quote from: MoTownDog on September 08, 2014, 10:45:07 am

We played ok at times but injury got us right off and then the 70 degree summer didn't help prepare us for the hot humid night.  Our quarter back and running back started cramping up in the 3rd quarter and had to be taken out.  We were close till then. 

It was 28-14 halftime and 35-14 midway through the 3rd quarter....what part of that do you consider to be close, especially considering the explosive speed that Russellville has had for the last two years??  I say we were close when it was 14-14 and 21-14.  Two possessions was not close on that night.  Now, last year (as some don't like to talk about)...different story...two possessions down wasn't such a big deal.

But, you're right...our QB and RB should be pretty good to watch throughout the year, as long as they stay healthy.  And, what happened to our lineman?  Knee?  Ankle?  Leg?  I never heard anything about it, other than seeing him barely able to walk off the field.

Uncle Ivan

16 starters gone from a state championship team will probably make most teams look terrible.

Once again - it's far more difficult to maintain than it is to build.

Doggone

I heard ACL on the lineman. I would think that is correct after watching the tests that both teams doctors and the Dogs trainer were doing on the sidelines.

InYoGrill

I didn't mention the HS/ Hamilton game as a surprise but what is going on there with such a close game. Big surprise that the Wolves didn't smoke the Trojans??? Wolves are usually top 5 in 6A each year or are Trojans up with a good group of SR's this year? Same coach from last year??

PercussionMan

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on September 08, 2014, 06:29:54 pm

16 starters gone from a state championship team will probably make most teams look terrible.

Once again - it's far more difficult to maintain than it is to build.

I think McNabb will have this team looking pretty good in a few weeks.  I may be wrong, but I think they still have a lot of talent...it just has to get to it's peak and will take time.

Go Postal

From a West perspective, Maumelle game really surprised me and here I was worrying about LRCA.  LOL.  Anyway this thread will change on teams as the weeks go by.  Hoping to see some upsets.

Hoghead

Quote from: InYoGrill on September 08, 2014, 08:10:35 pm

I didn't mention the HS/ Hamilton game as a surprise but what is going on there with such a close game. Big surprise that the Wolves didn't smoke the Trojans??? Wolves are usually top 5 in 6A each year or are Trojans up with a good group of SR's this year? Same coach from last year??
Hot Springs has decent group of Seniors back. RB Kenny King came back from Texas. The Goffigan kid is a two year starter at Qb and received some looks from Ole Miss & Tennessee. The Trojans have the ability to beat some people this year.

RamFan06

Quote from: Hoghead on September 11, 2014, 02:05:19 am
Quote from: InYoGrill on September 08, 2014, 08:10:35 pm

Hot Springs has decent group of Seniors back. RB Kenny King came back from Texas. The Goffigan kid is a two year starter at Qb and received some looks from Ole Miss & Tennessee. The Trojans have the ability to beat some people this year.

If they have truly changed the attitude there, which in talking to some faculty they are on the way to doing, Hot Springs will be a challenge for everyone this year. Can they get these kids to stay focused for the whole season and actually finish?

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Go Postal on September 10, 2014, 11:29:02 pm
From a West perspective, Maumelle game really surprised me and here I was worrying about LRCA.  LOL.  Anyway this thread will change on teams as the weeks go by.  Hoping to see some upsets.

Were you thinking J'ville was gonna beat Maumelle, or were you expecting a bigger spread than the final score?

Go Postal

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on September 11, 2014, 03:11:43 pm
Quote from: Go Postal on September 10, 2014, 11:29:02 pm

Were you thinking J'ville was gonna beat Maumelle, or were you expecting a bigger spread than the final score?
Low scoring game had me surprised.  Not watching Jacksonville, but watching the West.  I guess I should have said that I was impressed on Maumelle for their game STARTING in the 5A and getting the win against a 5A team.  I remember when LRCA was in our conference, M. Dyer was on their team then.  Sorry for the confusion on my post.

Chief_Osceola™

Ha no worries man. I've seen in some places where we were expected to win and others where we weren't favored. I'll just say that I was pleased with the result, especially considering some of the playmakers from last year's team we are having to replace.

InYoGrill

Week 2- WOW games.

V upset by 3A Harding Academy- OUCH!!!!

Jville throttled by 66 pts- Cmon Man!!!!!

Morrilton D Dogs hammered hard by 4A Pottsville!!!!!

Postal- where's that improved D from your Goblins? Almost 50 from SS

Hope with a squeaker over 4A Ashdown

Looking good:

PA, Wynne, and Batesville all looking strong as usual!

LR Christian over WH

Maumelle with a shutout (though NP). Could they be a  playoff contender in the West?

Sylvan Hills with another good win, program winning more lately

Intelligentsia

Quote from: InYoGrill on September 13, 2014, 07:34:13 am
Week 2- WOW games.

Looking good:

LR Christian over WH

Maumelle with a shutout (though NP). Could they be a  playoff contender in the West?

What happened to the Devil Dogs?  Given, Pottsville appears to be quite good, that was quite a thumping.  I expected the Dogs to compete for the top spot in the West after winning it all last year. 

AT

Quote from: Intelligentsia on September 13, 2014, 01:52:00 pm
Quote from: InYoGrill on September 13, 2014, 07:34:13 am
Week 2- WOW games.

Looking good:

LR Christian over WH

What happened to the Devil Dogs?  Given, Pottsville appears to be quite good, that was quite a thumping.  I expected the Dogs to compete for the top spot in the West after winning it all last year.

They really did lose a lot last year. I mean almost every big contributor you can name on offense except one RB was gone. And then their defense, which was very solid, lost most of their D-Line which was their strength, and some of the secondary. They returned some good linebackers.

Coach McNabb's teams have improved throughout the year, though.

incogneto

Coach Withrow at Sylvan Hills does a good job.  I would like to see what he could do if he wasnt teaching 5 classes a day and had more than a handful of
coaches. 

Intelligentsia

[/quote]

They really did lose a lot last year. I mean almost every big contributor you can name on offense except one RB was gone. And then their defense, which was very solid, lost most of their D-Line which was their strength, and some of the secondary. They returned some good linebackers.

Coach McNabb's teams have improved throughout the year, though.
[/quote]

Those are some significant losses!!  Given that, I hope to see the Devil Dogs come back - I would love nothing more than for them to make a visit to Batesville along about playoff time:)  Their game this Friday should tell the kind of progress they are making in their reloading process.

PercussionMan

The Devil Dogs are obviously way down from last year...I don't think many of the Morrilton fans realized just how much until after the loss Friday.  Not taking away any credit from Pottsville...they are very talented and well coached in their offense and pretty good on defense as well.  I don't really know that Morrilton can compete much in the 5A this year.  The West is going to be better than expected in some areas...I figure Harrison and Greenbrier will battle it out for the top two spots...then, maybe a Vilonia and Maumelle or Farmington...don't know much about the new comers).  Give Morrilton time to get it built back again after all they lost, and I think they will be pretty good over the next 2-5 years.  In the mean time, we'll suffer through the growing pains again in Devil Dog Country, and we'll still support our team!   

InYoGrill

Quote from: PercussionMan on September 15, 2014, 11:57:32 am
The Devil Dogs are obviously way down from last year...I don't think many of the Morrilton fans realized just how much until after the loss Friday.  Not taking away any credit from Pottsville...they are very talented and well coached in their offense and pretty good on defense as well.  I don't really know that Morrilton can compete much in the 5A this year.  The West is going to be better than expected in some areas...I figure Harrison and Greenbrier will battle it out for the top two spots...then, maybe a Vilonia and Maumelle or Farmington...don't know much about the new comers).  Give Morrilton time to get it built back again after all they lost, and I think they will be pretty good over the next 2-5 years.  In the mean time, we'll suffer through the growing pains again in Devil Dog Country, and we'll still support our team!

From what I hear, M will be back in no time cause McNabb has tremendous respect in M and the kids like playing for him. M usually has more talented speed and size than most of the other West schools.

MDXPHD

Quote from: incogneto on September 13, 2014, 02:07:33 pm
Coach Withrow at Sylvan Hills does a good job.  I would like to see what he could do if he wasnt teaching 5 classes a day and had more than a handful of
coaches.

Thankfully he does what he gets paid to do. 

PercussionMan

Quote from: InYoGrill on September 15, 2014, 01:21:01 pm
Quote from: PercussionMan on September 15, 2014, 11:57:32 am

From what I hear, M will be back in no time cause McNabb has tremendous respect in M and the kids like playing for him. M usually has more talented speed and size than most of the other West schools.

They do have a lot of good, young talent coming up in the next few years.  It's tough to go from a State Championship to watching your team struggle mightily at times.  I have no doubt they will be good again...unfortunately, in my mind, I'm impatient and want to see them win some games this year...I just don't know how many we can expect.  We should know about halfway through. 

InYoGrill

September 21, 2014, 08:27:52 am #35 Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 08:29:27 am by InYoGrill
Last week review

Top teams rolling strong
PA over Warren
Wynne over 6A W Memphis

Great effort last week playing up
Briar battled in a loss with a greatly improved 6A Benton program
Batesville in a tough loss with 6A Jboro
Farmington beating up 6A Van Buren for the win

Surprise teams this season getting stronger each week
Sylvan Hills
Magnolia
Blytheville
LR Christian*
Farmington*
Maumelle* ( *these 3 are all NEW west additions this season )

What is so wrong with these teams
Jville
Clarksville ( okay I get it, they are both BBall schools only )

Harrison surprised me getting beat by 30+ to Alma. I really thought Goblins from all the pre hype would play better by now.

Overdahill

I believe LRCA is much improved this year. Not sold on maumelle yet. Would like to see a quality win first

Chief_Osceola™

September 21, 2014, 03:07:20 pm #37 Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 03:28:43 pm by Chief_Osceola™
Quote from: Overdahill on September 21, 2014, 09:47:06 am
I believe LRCA is much improved this year. Not sold on maumelle yet. Would like to see a quality win first

We have a championship-caliber D. Our offense is a dumpster fire. Actually I take that back. We're pretty good between the 20's, but our red zone offense has not been good thus far. We have a real good RB, but I don't think he's built to carry the ball 25 times a game. Oh and our kicker is pretty good. Overall we're very athletic but we shoot ourselves in the foot too much on offense.

Overdahill

Thanks. Ill have to get out there to see them in person

InYoGrill

Week 4 Recap

Wynne flexing its muscle with a 35-0 shutout over Bville
MoTown with a bounce back win over Briar
Maumelle with a good win at Gobs
Sylvan Hills has HIGH powered O!
CFV still winning most games as expected.
LRC may continue to move up every week though last year 4A Farmington may sneak in with a playoff spot at the end
HS having a rebound year

Overdahill

InYoGrill

September 27, 2014, 11:42:56 am #41 Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 12:54:07 pm by InYoGrill
Quote from: Overdahill on September 27, 2014, 09:44:33 am
Maumelle picked up a quality win

Yes, they did. Driving up that crooked hwy65 for almost 2 hours is not a fun drive. One poster mentioned maybe it was Postal that they resembled a team like Alma/Motown. Maybe cause of the size of athletes. I have not seen Maumelle/ Oak Grove ever play. I will soon.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Overdahill on September 27, 2014, 09:44:33 am
Maumelle picked up a quality win

I don't think it's a quality win.  Harrison has only beaten Mt. Home right?

Overdahill

B4 this game Harrison had shown the ability to score points while maumelle had not and most observers thought Harrison would win so to me it seems a more creditable win than what maumelle had had earlier. Not meant to imply Harrison as world beaters but I do expect them to make it to playoffs

InYoGrill

29-7 Gobs smoking the Warriors in the first half. Wow! What a dominate score at LRC.

AAAAA...EAST...JACKETS

Paragould holding Batesville to a 0-0 tie at the half and losing to them 21-14.  If Batesville brings this team to Wynne....well....

I hope this was an off night for the 'neers......

NEASPORTSFAN

They didn't show up tonight. But these slow starts are gonna get them in trouble.

InYoGrill

VEagles 28 Morrilton 14 !!!! Way to go Eagles!!

InYoGrill

Briar whooped newcomer Farmington by almost 30.

InYoGrill

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas