• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who's bidding on state this year?

Started by biglion1985, December 15, 2018, 04:38:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

biglion1985

Has anyone heard if there's anybody bidding for state this year?

TheHeadBallCoach

Drew Central did a heck of a job last year. I wouldn't mind it going there again. Such a great atmosphere each night, from tip off, to buzzer. THAT'S what a State Tournament atmosphere should feel like.

beach bum

Quote from: TheHeadBallCoach on December 17, 2018, 08:11:23 am
Drew Central did a heck of a job last year. I wouldn't mind it going there again. Such a great atmosphere each night, from tip off, to buzzer. THAT'S what a State Tournament atmosphere should feel like.

Osceola loved Drew Central hosting last year too.... The Seminoles want it played there again asap.

biglion1985

Hey it might be the other way around if they can get the new arena built in time just saying

teachers pet

I'd rather it be somewhere that had descent seating.

HorseFeathers

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 17, 2018, 04:39:24 pm
Fan comfort is overrated

I totally agree with this.... best atmospheres are when there is no comfort going on!!

teachers pet

Good thing ya'll don't make the decisions! lol

Head Lion

God please don't let it go to that cow barn again with they welded on rims & cheating refs. In Jesus name, Amen

Ctucker

Riverveiw would be a good site for 3a! They usually bid!

Head Lion

Quote from: Ctucker on December 17, 2018, 08:46:50 pm
I like Riverview, thought Bald Knob put on a fantastic tournament with a modern facility & you can never go wrong with Jessieville. All 3 with some relevance of quality facilities & officials pool.

biglion1985

If they can get done with their arena then I wouldn't mind seeing Osceola get it

CTEPirateFan

As a Drew Central fan, I don't see us bidding for state again for a lil while, so you're welcome to those complaining about comfort and refs that the AAA hires.

When we played at Two Rivers before Thanksgiving it was rumored they were planning to bid. They have a decent facility that could setup for a great atmosphere.

teachers pet

I agree Two Rivers has a nice gym but one would have to travel to Russellville for lodging.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Ctucker on December 17, 2018, 08:46:50 pm
The last time it was at Riverview, it was extremely crowded.

Paperman

Osceola has bid on hosting the 3A event. I guess we will find out where it will be Jan. 10 or so.

Head Lion

I can do Osceola, be in my bed 23 minutes after I walk out the door.

TheHeadBallCoach

Quote from: Head Lion on December 17, 2018, 07:52:18 pm
God please don't let it go to that cow barn again with they welded on rims & cheating refs. In Jesus name, Amen

Didn't your team lose in that "cow barn"? Didn't hear any other team complaining about the "welded on rims" or "cheating refs" that were hired by the AAA. Maybe you and your team should worry about free throws instead of venues.

Ctucker

Quote from: CoolBreeze on December 18, 2018, 01:12:25 pm
The last time it was at Riverview, it was extremely crowded.
Riverview is got a huge gym! Lot bigger than Drew centrAl!

Ctucker

Quote from: Head Lion on December 17, 2018, 09:22:43 pm
I like Riverview, thought Bald Knob put on a fantastic tournament with a modern facility & you can never go wrong with Jessieville. All 3 with some relevance of quality facilities & officials pool.
yes all 3 of these would be good!

Head Lion

Quote from: TheHeadBallCoach on December 18, 2018, 08:12:51 pm
Didn't your team lose in that "cow barn"? Didn't hear any other team complaining about the "welded on rims" or "cheating refs" that were hired by the AAA. Maybe you and your team should worry about free throws instead of venues.
If you didn't, you deaf! Ask Osceola, Rivercrest, Charleston. All 3 got the shaft in the barn. I feel sorry for barns making the comparison.

FoxandHound34

U talking bout Drew Central HL?? They still have the wood bleachers and all down there?

Head Lion

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on December 18, 2018, 09:33:33 pm
U talking bout Drew Central HL?? They still have the wood bleachers and all down there?
yea, the people were very hospitable & nice. Under no circumstances should that facility host a post season tournament. This is not a knock on the people, friendly as you will find.

TheHeadBallCoach

Quote from: Head Lion on December 18, 2018, 09:19:02 pm
If you didn't, you deaf! Ask Osceola, Rivercrest, Charleston. All 3 got the shaft in the barn. I feel sorry for barns making the comparison.

"You fail all the time, but you aren't a failure until you start blaming someone else."
- Bum Phillips

Mulerider4Life

How about we try to get Central Arkansas locations? Better driving distances for most. Also better lodging, hotel, and dining options. Maybe something like UALR or UCA or Hendrix.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on December 19, 2018, 09:03:25 am
How about we try to get Central Arkansas locations? Better driving distances for most. Also better lodging, hotel, and dining options. Maybe something like UALR or UCA or Hendrix.
Not going to happen.

beach bum

I got the new slogan going for the Drew Central state tournament bid......

RE-ELECT DREW CENTRAL FOR MARCH 2019  ;D

Head Lion

2019-Make The State Tournament Great Again😂

Longfellow

Quote from: CTEPirateFan on December 17, 2018, 11:28:36 pm
As a Drew Central fan, I don't see us bidding for state again for a lil while, so you're welcome to those complaining about comfort and refs that the AAA hires.

When we played at Two Rivers before Thanksgiving it was rumored they were planning to bid. They have a decent facility that could setup for a great atmosphere.
We had regionals last year and that went relatively well. I hope we do bid for state. It'd be a nice farewell for my announcing career

teachers pet

It's time for it to come back to Jessieville!

athletic supporter

Quote from: Longfellow on December 19, 2018, 12:00:28 pm
We had regionals last year and that went relatively well. I hope we do bid for state. It'd be a nice farewell for my announcing career

I talked to your AD at the Atkins/Two Rivers football game and he told me that y'all were going to bid on the state tourney.

HorseFeathers

Wasn't two Rivers supposedly gonna bid last year?

Longfellow

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 19, 2018, 08:54:10 pm
Wasn't two Rivers supposedly gonna bid last year?
Someone in the TR admin told me last year that they had thought about bidding on state but decided to use regionals as a trial run to see if they wanted to bid this year

Head Lion

Quote from: teachers pet on December 19, 2018, 12:50:35 pm
It's time for it to come back to Jessieville!
JVille is always my 1st choice! 🤞🏼

rookie_4

Jessieville will not bid on regionals or state tournament this year. 

teachers pet

I heard the same thing, Jessieville not bidding.

Head Lion

ISU7

Head Lion

ISU7

birddawg1986

I bet Osceola puts a bid in with that brand new gym+pretty good team to go along with it

Mulerider4Life

RedWolf275

January 04, 2019, 04:26:54 pm #42 Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 04:28:46 pm by RedWolf275
Quote from: Head Lion on December 18, 2018, 09:38:39 pm
yea, the people were very hospitable & nice. Under no circumstances should that facility host a post season tournament. This is not a knock on the people, friendly as you will find.

I agree with Lion on this one. I've seen walk-in closets as big as that lobby!
I'd love to see it at Osceola's new gym.

Head Lion

Osceola superintendent just announced at grand opening, they would be hosting state tournament.🤔🤔🤔 I didn't think they had the meeting yet?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Head Lion on January 04, 2019, 07:36:45 pm
Osceola superintendent just announced at grand opening, they would be hosting state tournament.🤔🤔🤔 I didn't think they had the meeting yet?

Give the AAA enough money and they let you choose state site 🤷

STORM

Osceola's new gym doesn't seat what I thought it would. I counted less than 265 on each side , endzones will seat a few more but not much, very nice arena though.

Missco

It is roomy. The standing room only area is huge. I heard that the fire marshal count for the gym was around 2500 with 1800 numbered slots. I hope they get it.

Longfellow

How does having the tournament in Osceola make any sense whatsoever?

Head Lion

Quote from: Longfellow on January 05, 2019, 03:45:47 am
How does having the tournament in Osceola make any sense whatsoever?
Bout like Drew Central but a million times better gym. Both in the corners of the state. Osceola is great for me. The only burr in my saddle is their AAA voting member did not support Manila getting it last year & extremely hurt both our teams. He did this for payback votes for them to have it this year. I felt like he should have supported the school in his conference as well as the same county. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Humble cat

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas