• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heber Springs at Southside

Started by SouthernerPride, October 14, 2018, 07:50:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthernerPride

The game will help determine seeding 2-4 in the 4A-2. Usually a competitive game. Discuss.

The Ref

I think Heber wins this one. I think their Offense will be able to outscore SS. Should be a great game.

LakeRat

This is the battle for the 2nd seed in 2-4A.

Looking at the Conference standings:

Heber Springs - 3-1 with 39 tiebreaker points
Southside Batesville - 2-2 with 26 tiebreaker points

The Panthers take the 2nd seed outright, if the Southerners win by anything less than 13 points based on tie breakers. If the Southerners win by 13 points or over then it comes down to tiebreaker points in the final 2 conference games following. Assuming both teams win out against less competitive opponents the final 2 weeks...

The Panthers come into this match-up healthy, with great momentum and the drive to deliver 4 quarters of tough play. I expect a high scoring game with a close score and believe Heber holds a slight edge competitively.

SouthernerPride

I'd also like to point out that the 2 seed in the 4A-2 gets home play off advantage up until the semi's and favorable match ups against even and lower seeded teams along the way.

samschoice

If Southside wins, by any amount, and their records are the same at the end of the year, then Southside would have the higher seed, because they won the head to head.  Points won't matter unless there is a tie between 3 or more teams

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: SouthernerPride on October 15, 2018, 09:21:33 am
I'd also like to point out that the 2 seed in the 4A-2 gets home play off advantage up until the semi's and favorable match ups against even and lower seeded teams along the way.

No they don't. They get one home game then a road game at the winner of the 3-4A. More than likely Rivercrest .

RabAlumni

Quote from: samschoice on October 15, 2018, 09:21:57 am
If Southside wins, by any amount, and their records are the same at the end of the year, then Southside would have the higher seed, because they won the head to head.  Points won't matter unless there is a tie between 3 or more teams

You are forgetting the fact that Lonoke more than likely will be 5-2 in conference play at the end of the season with a W against Southside and a L against Heber so yes if Southside wins this game then it will be a jumbled mess between 2-4 seeds. This of course is assuming Lonoke takes care of business @ CAC Friday night and finishes off a weak Riverview team in week 10.

Little Bear

Quote from: RabAlumni on October 15, 2018, 10:40:30 am

You are forgetting the fact that Lonoke more than likely will be 5-2 in conference play at the end of the season with a W against Southside and a L against Heber so yes if Southside wins this game then it will be a jumbled mess between 2-4 seeds. This of course is assuming Lonoke takes care of business @ CAC Friday night and finishes off a weak Riverview team in week 10.
Are you conceding a loss @Stuttgart?       

ISU7

Ladyfan

RabAlumni

Quote from: Little Bear on October 15, 2018, 11:09:23 am
Are you conceding a loss @Stuttgart?       

Lonoke vs Stuttgart is always a tough game, but historically the home team usually pulls out the W.  I think being realistic to the past is the appropriate terminology however the past is the past for a reason?

LakeRat

Quote from: RabAlumni on October 15, 2018, 10:40:30 am

Nope, didn't forget Lonoke. In my projections, with 23 tiebreaker points compared to 26 for Southside and 39 for Heber... mathematically that still puts Heber on top for the 2nd seed, especially if Southside beats Heber by less than 13 points. Heber wins that shifts the battle for the 3rd/4th seeds.

Now it only really gets messy if Lonoke can beat CAC by 13 or more and somehow pulls off a huge road upset against those pesky Ricebirds at home. All this assumes the top 4 teams win out against bottom 4 match-ups the next 3 weeks...

Get them Jackrabbits fired up and take it to Stuttgart just to keep things interesting!!

Little Bear

Quote from: LakeRat on October 15, 2018, 04:39:53 pm
Nope, didn't forget Lonoke. In my projections, with 23 tiebreaker points compared to 26 for Southside and 39 for Heber... mathematically that still puts Heber on top for the 2nd seed, especially if Southside beats Heber by less than 13 points. Heber wins that shifts the battle for the 3rd/4th seeds.

Now it only really gets messy if Lonoke can beat CAC by 13 or more and somehow pulls off a huge road upset against those pesky Ricebirds at home. All this assumes the top 4 teams win out against bottom 4 match-ups the next 3 weeks...

Get them Jackrabbits fired up and take it to Stuttgart just to keep things interesting!!
Lonoke doesn't need to look past this Friday night.

SouthernerPride

How is Heber's Running game? With the impending wet weather forcasted for tonight, a slippery ball might keep it out of the air. Southerners have ran the ball well this season, will be interesting to see how the weather affects the game this evening.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: SouthernerPride on October 19, 2018, 01:44:39 pm
How is Heber's Running game? With the impending wet weather forcasted for tonight, a slippery ball might keep it out of the air. Southerners have ran the ball well this season, will be interesting to see how the weather affects the game this evening.

Their running game is very good.

OneHitWonder

Isn't one of their running backs ineligible?  I heard several schools have contacted the AAA.

Panther4life

None of Hebers players are ineligible. 

OneHitWonder

Just what I was told. He was living with the same family that had the basketball players that were living their illegally a few years back. Was told it was a matter of time before the AAA made a decision on it.

RunninJoe

What happened to the Southerners tonight?

Trojanbird

Personally, I was looking for the Southerners to make a little noise this year in the 2-4A.  All hype and no show I guess!

The Ref

Quote from: OneHitWonder on October 19, 2018, 05:55:57 pm
Isn't one of their running backs ineligible?  I heard several schools have contacted the AAA.
I heard the same thing .

Razorhummer

Quote from: Trojanbird on October 20, 2018, 12:04:18 am
Personally, I was looking for the Southerners to make a little noise this year in the 2-4A.  All hype and no show I guess!
That's what happens when you run into injuries all season long.

philip.seaton

Quote from: The Ref on October 20, 2018, 12:19:43 am
I heard the same thing .

There is nothing to this. I checked. Please keep innuendo off the board. Will delete future posts about this. PM if you have issue with this.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: philip.seaton on October 21, 2018, 03:27:18 pm
There is nothing to this. I checked. Please keep innuendo off the board. Will delete future posts about this. PM if you have issue with this.
Man, you moderators need to mellow. It was a simple question without any insinuation. If there was anything derogatory said about the young man, that would have been a perfect post but there wasn't. Fans have the right to ask questions to one another on here.

LakeRat

Back to game talk...

Unfortunately we weren't able to attend the game or catch it on the radio. Based on a post-game interview with the Heber Springs head coach... appears the Panther defense came very well prepared to take on the Southerner's offense and executed well all night. There were a number of key turnovers and big plays that kept the Southerners from scoring on drives they were moving the ball well.

Miserable wet weather was a factor, but Heber was able to move the ball effectively on both the ground and passing.

dirtybirdz69

Another factor is Heber Springs being a second half football team. Whatever their coach says in the locker room after the first half must be working, considering they have proven multiple times that they play football on a much higher level starting third quarter. Their RB, Blayze Nelson, is a very quick and shifty player as well as a QB who can throw dimes

BigRiverviewGuy

Quote from: dirtybirdz69 on October 22, 2018, 10:52:09 am
Another factor is Heber Springs being a second half football team. Whatever their coach says in the locker room after the first half must be working, considering they have proven multiple times that they play football on a much higher level starting third quarter. Their RB, Blayze Nelson, is a very quick and shifty player as well as a QB who can throw dimes

I agree, Blaze Nelson is one heck of an athlete and runs very hard!

dirtybirdz69

Credit to him he handles contact well and likes to run the ball it seems

BigRiverviewGuy

Heber fan you know if he has an offers or if he plans to play anywhere?

philip.seaton

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on October 21, 2018, 05:24:03 pm
Man, you moderators need to mellow. It was a simple question without any insinuation. If there was anything derogatory said about the young man, that would have been a perfect post but there wasn't. Fans have the right to ask questions to one another on here.

It wasn't a question. It was a statement. "I heard ..." is innuendo. Fans do have the right to ask questions, but they do not have a right to come on here and spread gossip over and over, which has been the case in this instance. I asked the AD about and the question has been answered. Not being mellow would have been removing the posts. I didn't. Have a great day!

BirdFlu

The Ref

Quote from: philip.seaton on October 22, 2018, 11:46:24 pm
It wasn't a question. It was a statement. "I heard ..." is innuendo. Fans do have the right to ask questions, but they do not have a right to come on here and spread gossip over and over, which has been the case in this instance. I asked the AD about and the question has been answered. Not being mellow would have been removing the posts. I didn't. Have a great day!
So innuendo is worse than the someone posting the actual rumor?

BirdFlu

I hear lots of things and when I repeat then and begin with, "I heard," I'm not insinuating it's true, I'm looking for quaborating stories to find out

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: philip.seaton on October 22, 2018, 11:46:24 pm
It wasn't a question. It was a statement. "I heard ..." is innuendo.

So "you heard" from the AD that it wasn't true?

BirdFlu

HeberFan

Quote from: BigRiverviewGuy on October 22, 2018, 10:59:47 am
Heber fan you know if he has an offers or if he plans to play anywhere?

I do not know, but, can check. Blaze has a deep skill set and works hard.

HeberFan

I heard that somebody heard a rumor about something else, but, that was second hand information. I'll check with some local barbershops for the real scoop.

BirdFlu

AD's never make a mistake on eligibility either!!!! Oh wait, maybe I'm wrong and you should ask blyville's AD if he made one....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas