• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LRCA Warriors

Started by TalkTruth16, September 22, 2018, 05:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TalkTruth16

With Hill being out right before the PA vs LRCA battle... How do you see LRCA standing this week and weeks to come?

PA Dad

Quote from: TalkTruth16 on September 22, 2018, 05:41:36 pm
With Hill being out right before the PA vs LRCA battle... How do you see LRCA standing this week and weeks to come?

Is it confirmed that he won't play against PA?

Eastbay501

JessieP

I'm not joking, I'm asking in total sincerity. Does anyone think the Razorback basketball coaches would have any input into his return? The last thing in the world they want is him rushing back and risking a more serious injury. The kid is a gifted athlete but his future is in basketball. I'd bet the Arkansas B-ball coaches are protective of their future player. Why would anyone roll the dice on what's basically a hobby? If his parents/coaches/advisors are smart they'd tell him "If the Dr's say 4 weeks your sitting out 5". I mean who wants to see the top basketball player in the state miss a year over a football injury?

Rocket23

I agree Jesse, although as a LRCA fan, I hate it.  Hamstrings can be very chronic if you do not let them heal.

JessieP

Quote from: Rocket23 on September 22, 2018, 07:30:33 pm
I agree Jesse, although as a LRCA fan, I hate it.  Hamstrings can be very chronic if you do not let them heal.

Ask Herschel Walker. Not letting a strained hamstring heal properly turned his 4 week absence into a 9 month absence. We all want our teams to win and our best players to shine but isn't that a stupid risk?

PA Dad

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: JessieP on September 22, 2018, 06:54:26 pm
I'm not joking, I'm asking in total sincerity. Does anyone think the Razorback basketball coaches would have any input into his return? The last thing in the world they want is him rushing back and risking a more serious injury. The kid is a gifted athlete but his future is in basketball. I'd bet the Arkansas B-ball coaches are protective of their future player. Why would anyone roll the dice on what's basically a hobby? If his parents/coaches/advisors are smart they'd tell him "If the Dr's say 4 weeks your sitting out 5". I mean who wants to see the top basketball player in the state miss a year over a football injury?

I once saw a 4star UA commit play in a playoff game with great disappointment in his performance and especially his lack of effort.  Later learned the the coaches on the hill warned him not to get injured before he reported to camp.  Though not an answer to your question, you wonder what influence there is from the college coaches have on their committed prospects.

JessieP

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 23, 2018, 04:24:03 pm
I once saw a 4star UA commit play in a playoff game with great disappointment in his performance and especially his lack of effort.  Later learned the the coaches on the hill warned him not to get injured before he reported to camp.  Though not an answer to your question, you wonder what influence there is from the college coaches have on their committed prospects.

I realise this board focuses on high school football, Friday Night Lights in the south and all that but come on, it's high school. It's like those rumors about the kid at Morrilton, why on earth would you risk a bright future over a high school football game. To me it would be like Led Zeppelin getting together for a one off concert in Little Rock. Jason Bonham would fill his father's seat on drums. A once in a lifetime event, and I had front row seats. How smart would it be for me to get drunk and get kicked out during the opening act, some local garage band, and miss the concert? These kids need to realize the best is just around the corner. If there is a 1 in a 100 chance you'll worsen the injury DON'T PLAY!

PA Bruin Fan

It's nearly impossible to talk sense into an ultra competitive athlete, as they live to compete and put up wins. 

But back to Truth's original question, what does LRCA look like without their starting QB?!?  I have no idea and I'm curious...

TalkTruth16

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on September 23, 2018, 07:54:04 pm
It's nearly impossible to talk sense into an ultra competitive athlete, as they live to compete and put up wins. 

But back to Truth's original question, what does LRCA look like without their starting QB?!?  I have no idea and I'm curious...

Back up QB is a sophomore with no nearly no experience playing High School football. Isn't bad QB but this will be his first official full HS Football game. Against arguably one of the best teams in the state. He is thrown into the fire, will be interesting to see how He responds.

Yellowcake

Yall don't be fooled by these posts regarding the alleged injury to a certain player. It is my understanding this is made up information. A desperate ploy to seek some kind of competitive psychological edge.
But, desperate fans do desperate things.....kind of sad.

Funny thing is, one of the teams playing in this game doesn't really care who is playing qb for the other team. I don't think the other team really understands that just yet.

And, frankly, that's equally sad.....

JessieP

Quote from: Yellowcake on September 24, 2018, 04:53:02 pm
Yall don't be fooled by these posts regarding the alleged injury to a certain player. It is my understanding this is made up information. A desperate ploy to seek some kind of competitive psychological edge.
But, desperate fans do desperate things.....kind of sad.

Funny thing is, one of the teams playing in this game doesn't really care who is playing qb for the other team. I don't think the other team really understands that just yet.

And, frankly, that's equally sad.....

If this is true than that is a new low, even by LRCA standards.

Yellowcake

Disagree Jessie, respectfully.
If it is indeed a ploy, I think it's awesome.
If he is hurt, I hope he gets better, and quickly.
If not, it's brilliant and will be legendary for the rivalry.
I'd have zero problem with it.

Gonna be an awesome night and a great game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas