• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Overall Top 10?

Started by IAFLAR7, May 22, 2018, 09:53:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

IAFLAR7

1. Sheridan
2. Bauxite
3. Bentonville
4. BV West
5. Harmony Grove
6. Rose Bud
7. Greenbrier
8. Pottsville
9. Bryant
10. Taylor

WHITEchicken

Pretty sure Taylor beat bauxite this year.

unw1red

...and Bentonville West beat Sheridan twice.

IAFLAR7

Quote from: unw1red on May 22, 2018, 12:50:43 pm
...and Bentonville West beat Sheridan twice.
Yes, BV West did but in both situations Sheridan didn't pitch their best pitcher & the first game, Arkansas recruit Kaitlyn Howard didn't even have an at bat.

If Sheridan has their lineup set the way they did Saturday, they are the best team in the state. If you watched them enough you would know they showed different variations of their lineup throughout the year. Besides BV West didn't even win state - Bentonville did. Sheridan split with Bentonville & could have won both. The game they lost by 1 was not with their best pitcher (statistically) on the mound.

As for Taylor, they may have beat Bauxite early in the season but that is not enough to offset everything else Bauxite did - in my opinion.

WHITEchicken

i Watched Smackover play bauxite, Taylor, and Sheridan this year.
They all looked about the same honestly. Bauxite beat them on a terrible playing field at Dmac with 150 feet fences and a pitching circle where the pitchers were going up to their shins in the hole.
Taylor beat them pretty good at SAU, no excuses for that one.
Sheridan beat them at home but didn't look dominant. I heard people say their best player didn't come for that one but I am not sure. Didn't see the rest play.

IAFLAR7

May 22, 2018, 08:06:39 pm #5 Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 08:08:11 pm by IAFLAR7
Quote from: WHITEchicken on May 22, 2018, 07:35:07 pm
i Watched Smackover play bauxite, Taylor, and Sheridan this year.
They all looked about the same honestly. Bauxite beat them on a terrible playing field at Dmac with 150 feet fences and a pitching circle where the pitchers were going up to their shins in the hole.
Taylor beat them pretty good at SAU, no excuses for that one.
Sheridan beat them at home but didn't look dominant. I heard people say their best player didn't come for that one but I am not sure. Didn't see the rest play.

Once again, Sheridan didn't really set their lineup until the latter part of year. Also played very few games in the beginning of the season.
Team they put on field last week of season beats anyone.

baseball2012

Yep, that was Smackovers mistake.  We were gonna use a line up less than our best in the first round and then spring our unbeatable line up on the second round.  Just couldn't get past the first round.

CrazySacDad

Hard to buy into that they beat us twice but we did not play our best and try thing. But if you say that is what your coach did and you ok with it then it is fine as frog hair. I would rather our coach try to beat hair off you every time.

WHITEchicken

Yeah I know that's the truth sac. I remember watching Woodlawn for a long time and they never didn't try. I was also not saying that Sheridan is not good because they are. And not sure what baseball means about the lineup change for Smack. It looked like the same lineup from the week previous?

BIG_K

And where's Brokeland, oh thats right Coach doesn't want them talked about. ;D Lot of good that did for them ;D

unw1red

Quote from: IAFLAR7 on May 22, 2018, 01:38:05 pm
Yes, BV West did but in both situations Sheridan didn't pitch their best pitcher & the first game, Arkansas recruit Kaitlyn Howard didn't even have an at bat.

If Sheridan has their lineup set the way they did Saturday, they are the best team in the state. If you watched them enough you would know they showed different variations of their lineup throughout the year. Besides BV West didn't even win state - Bentonville did. Sheridan split with Bentonville & could have won both. The game they lost by 1 was not with their best pitcher (statistically) on the mound.

As for Taylor, they may have beat Bauxite early in the season but that is not enough to offset everything else Bauxite did - in my opinion.

If making excuses is your thing, so be it. Winning the final game of the season Doe's not cement your overall effectiveness. Just ask Rose Bud.

IAFLAR7

Quote from: unw1red on May 25, 2018, 07:32:37 am
If making excuses is your thing, so be it. Winning the final game of the season Doe's not cement your overall effectiveness. Just ask Rose Bud.
30-3
2 Razorback recruits.
All 3 losses without best pitcher on mound.
Excuses?
Do some homework.

CrazySacDad

Sounds like someone is proud of their daughter who pitches. GOOD for you. Call both Bentonville teams and play them next year and start your ace. Bet you that Bentonville coach ain't scared. Until next year the final poll is Final!!!!!! Good luck with that recruiting process and have a fun summer.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas