• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 River Valley Conference

Started by TigerDog, August 19, 2010, 06:11:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerDog

Here we go Junior High Football fans!  ;D

2010 season kicks off in just a couple weeks. Alma's 8th grade ran the table last year beating Greenwood by 4. Will they win the River Valley 9th grade Conference Championship and break Greenwoods streak of 6 in a row? (or maybe it's just 5)

Will Chaffin or Kimmons make a run?
Will Van Buren break out? (The Coleman 8th grade group was pretty darn good as 8th graders.)
Will Ramsey find a way to compete?

TigerDog

Greenwood beats Bentonville Black 21-7 in a 30 minute scrimmage and ties Bentonville Gold 15-15 in a game situation scrimmage with two 10 minute quarters Tuesday night in Bentonville Stadium. Football season has begun.

olddawg

olddawg

Tigerdog,

coke and popcorn on Thursdays game?

TigerDog

August 28, 2010, 11:56:07 pm #4 Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 11:59:00 pm by TigerDog
Watched Alma scrimmage Fayetteville Woodlands earlier this week and my bet is that Alma wins a few games this year. Alma looked very good and dominated the Woodlands team. Big physical line, speed at receiver and that 4-3 Defense looked good. You better be able to pass or it may be a long night when you play the Airedales!

OldDawg,  I will bet a coke and popcorn on this weeks game. Our boys are excited!

I gotta call Dilbeck though. He needs to know that he has a middle linebacker on that 9th grade team that would help him on his varsity squad. Kid is a beast!

olddawg

Thanks for the compliment, not sure if he is ready to make that jump yet....

bigdogfan07

The only chance we at Greenwood had at winning conference went to Mena. Thank you Rick Jones.

olddawg

What is that about? new coach?

Is it that bad before the first game?

bigdogfan07

The last coach we had won 4 or 5 in a row and was unbeatable.  Last years boys even beat that stacked Chaffin.

RD™

Quote from: bigdogfan07 on August 31, 2010, 08:45:05 am
The only chance we at Greenwood had at winning conference went to Mena. Thank you Rick Jones.
You don't know that.

bigdogfan07

Oh Coach wanted him gone. If you knew anything about the last couple of years you would not say that.

TigerDog

Greenwood does have two new junior high coaches this year. Coach Thornton is the new head coach and Coach Sport is our new DC. They both have high school coaching experience and are very capable of leading this years team. It will probably take a little while for them to figure out all the boys strengths and weaknesses, but change is inevitable in the football business. These new coaches are working hard and coaching hard.

Coach Harrison was a great coach and won the last 5 River Valley Championships. He was hired by a former OC from GW at Mena and his new job will help him achieve his goal of coaching at a higher level one day.

bigdogfan07

Oh come on TigerDog stop drinking the kool-aide and get real. Everyone knows what happened. All th
ey had to do is say sorry and treat him right. His family said he would have stayed. And how about his defensive coordinator?  He won those championships too. Why was he demoted?

silvers

Quote from: TigerDog on August 31, 2010, 10:49:36 pm
Greenwood does have two new junior high coaches this year. Coach Thornton is the new head coach and Coach Sport is our new DC. They both have high school coaching experience and are very capable of leading this years team. It will probably take a little while for them to figure out all the boys strengths and weaknesses, but change is inevitable in the football business. These new coaches are working hard and coaching hard.

Coach Harrison was a great coach and won the last 5 River Valley Championships. He was hired by a former OC from GW at Mena and his new job will help him achieve his goal of coaching at a higher level one day.

Don't forget Mena is Coach Harrison's home town.

Dad of Future Dog

I am pretty sure that his wife, who is a recent graduate of UAFS with a teaching degree also has a job with the Mena.  I am not sure, but I believe that she had the job there before he was offered.

RD™

Greenwood Jr High 35

Alma Jr High 28

I see "lots" of close battles between these two for the next three years.

TigerDog

Chaffin 21 Ramsey 0

Greenwood plays Chaffin next week.

Good job Bulldogs. Scored 35 points on a good defense and only gave up 7 points to a very good offense in the second half. Alma doesn't complete two big 4th downs and its a 35-14 game. 

TigerDog

Coleman 14 Russellville West 16
Butterfield 18 Russellville East 23

TigerDog

River Valley Conference Schedule : Thursday September 9th

Chaffin @ Greenwood
Alma @ Coleman
Butterfield @ Ramsey
Shiloh Christian @ Darby (Northside Stadium)
Kimmons @ Trinity (Trinity home game @ Southside)

TigerDog

Anyone out there know how Kimmons or Darby did in week 1? What about Trinity?

olddawg

Alma 9th beat VB Coleman 21 - 7 tonight

TigerDog

Greenwood lost to Chaffin 18-15  Very tough hard fought game.

Congrats Airedales, that is a tough Coleman bunch.

Greenwood is now rooting for Coleman and Alma to give them some help by beating Chaffin.

olddawg

Greenwood better be worried about  beating Coleman and Alma or they will not be in race....

TigerDog

September 10, 2010, 10:08:49 pm #23 Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 12:55:44 pm by TigerDog
We know we have to take care of our business first, but with the loss we need some help OldDawg......besides we already beat the Airedales and hopefully our coaches get it all figured out before we play Coleman or you guys at the end of the season.

Ramsey 45 Butterfield 0

Still need score for Trinity, Darby, Kimmons???

olddawg

Kimmons 43 Trinity 20

Shiloh 40 Darby 14

olddawg

Alma 34
Ramsey 0

Looking a lot better

TigerDog

September 16, 2010, 11:13:29 pm #26 Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 11:40:35 pm by TigerDog
Greenwood 13 Butterfield 0

Still trying to figure a few things out over here on offense.

Chaffin 21 Coleman 19

Chaffin in the drivers seat. Two close wins to start the season.

olddawg

September 17, 2010, 09:49:13 am #27 Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 01:07:50 pm by olddawg
Alma is also 2 and 0 in the conference, the defense has not been scored on the last two weeks....

TigerDog

Not too shabby there olddawg. Those Chaffin boys are saying there going to wax you Alma boys when they meet up with you.

olddawg

Do not see it happening,  I think we have had our one loss for the year

TigerDog

I do not think Chaffin has a shot but it may be a good game. Go Airedales....cough, cough I can't belive I just said that.

I just hope our ship gets righted and the November Classic means something.

TigerDog

Greenwood 42    Darby   8
Coleman 6    Kimmons 20

olddawg

TigerDog

olddawg

TigerDog

You can! Transfer your boy to GW.....we play them later this year. I bet we could find a spot for him. (Our High School baseball team aint bad either.....32-2 last year)

silvers

What do the standings look like in the River Valley?

olddawg

Alma 35 Darby 0

Big Game next week vs Chaffin !!

TigerDog

Greenwood 59 Trinity 34....... Triston and Eckes looked real good for Trinity. GW starting D out after 1st series in 2nd half.

Ramsey 28 Coleman 0........ I am surprised with the year Colemans is having.

Oldawg you know I am an Airedale fan this week. Stop Isaac and run your boy and Alma wins going away!

olddawg

Alma vs Chaffin tonight at Airedale Stadium...come out and see a great game!!!

almaftballjunky

Great game Alma Airedales beat Chaffin 34-12 tonight

TigerDog

Greenwood beats Kimmons 43-32

Ramsey beats Trinity 43-7

I  believe the only team in the conference without a conference loss is Alma. Greenwood beat Alma in the first game of the season, but it does not count towards conference play. Kimmons, Chaffin and Greenwood all have one conference loss now.

Alma, Greenwood, Chaffin and Kimmons each control their own destiny from here on out.......Anyone know how it works with 3 teams tied at the end of the year?

TIGER_5

coleman beat Darby 42-22

Buterfield lost 20-15 at Harrison

olddawg

Alma played their most complete game of the season, peaking at the right time, for  the final 4 weeks!!! Going to be fun!!! 8th grade team is also looking good after beating Chaffin on Tues night also!!
Quote from: almaftballdad on October 07, 2010, 09:39:34 pm

TigerDog

Quote from: olddawg on October 08, 2010, 03:20:45 pm
Alma played their most complete game of the season, peaking at the right time, for  the final 4 weeks!!! Going to be fun!!! 8th grade team is also looking good after beating Chaffin on Tues night also!!

Greenwood 8th grade undefeated. How did Alma 8th grade do against Ramsey? or have they played yet.

TigerDog

Olddawg, You have seen GW and Ramsey. How do you see that game going this Thursday night?

olddawg

I was not impressed with Ramsey, but we had there QB running for his life and he threw at least 2 interceptions,

Ramsey's best athletes are 8th graders, their 8th grade team is good, I think 11 8th graders play on the 9th grade team

olddawg

Ramsey was the best 8th grade team we have seen,
Alma 8th has lost to Ramsey and Coleman, but they are looking a lot better, they also played their best game last week against Chaffin.

Quote from: TigerDog on October 08, 2010, 03:43:36 pm
Quote from: olddawg on October 08, 2010, 03:20:45 pm

Greenwood 8th grade undefeated. How did Alma 8th grade do against Ramsey? or have they played yet.

TigerDog

Greenwood 8th grade beats Ramsey tonight 35-7 to remain unbeaten.

RD™

Greenwood Freshman 33 Ramsey 30 - The Cardiac Freshman survive again.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas