• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 4A (All Conferences) Boys and Girls Standings

Started by faith, April 30, 2015, 03:17:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Alex

The guy yelling come on  ump, let them play!

Basketball13

Quote from: The Coach on May 12, 2015, 08:12:37 pm
It's an absolute joke that state games will be played on CAC's field. Especially the semi finals, where there is a solid possibility their teams could be playing. AAA should not have allowed that to be done. I understand the weird circumstances that have occurred are not anyone's fault but why allow a team to benefit greatly over everyone else.

They've got to win first before they get any benefits.  ;)

The Coach

They're playing the first round games there so I'd say that benefits them

Arbitro

Quote from: KCShinn21 on May 12, 2015, 09:51:23 pm
I take it the host team does the scheduling and not the AAA? Who assigns the officials?
Officials for all tournament games (in all classifications) are assigned by the state referee assignor.  The host team is not involved.

Go Postal

Quote from: Sir Alex on May 12, 2015, 09:59:56 pm
The guy yelling come on  ump, let them play!
Or even the person yelling, "Home Cooking".

MDXPHD

Quote from: The Coach on May 12, 2015, 10:27:03 pm

If it's so unfair, just sit this tournament out. We don't like making excuses before (or after) the games are played.  If it helps, the 4A has gotten substantially weaker over the last 3-4 years..does that make you feel better?

chaoslord

Quote from: Arbitro on May 12, 2015, 10:28:28 pm
Officials for all tournament games (in all classifications) are assigned by the state referee assignor.  The host team is not involved.

And the host coaches are not always thrilled about who they get! Haha.

Anyway, this was semi popular last year, so if anyone wants to fill in a prediction for 4A,

4A Girls
4A Boys

soccerjunkie

The Coach

Quote from: MDXPHD on May 13, 2015, 07:29:14 am

If it's so unfair, just sit this tournament out. We don't like making excuses before (or after) the games are played.  If it helps, the 4A has gotten substantially weaker over the last 3-4 years..does that make you feel better?

::)

forumfan

Quote from: The Coach on May 13, 2015, 11:43:08 am
Quote from: MDXPHD on May 13, 2015, 07:29:14 am

So, speaking hopefully objectively, CAC playing at home is unfair to teams that have not played on that field before.  CAC plays to take advantage of the field's shape and size.  Because of the narrow width (basically 50 yards, which is legal in HS but favors lower skilled teams) CAC can play 3 in the back, allowing them to push one more player into an already crowded midfield.  The small and crowded midfield makes it really hard to play through them.  CAC's strategy is to always play long balls to their two forwards who are athletic, aggressive and can finish.  Also, because of the narrow width and the high crown on the field, there are lots of throw-ins where CAC has someone who can chuck the ball from nearly half field into the penalty area. If CAC had a wider field, I'd have no issue with them playing at home.  Subiaco will have a hard time if not prepared for the field and the style of play it rewards.  Hamburg/Riverview will have a better chance to exploit space though CAC is still very athletic and can run.

Also, I'd be curious why MDXPHD thinks 4A is substantially weaker over the last 3-4 years.

The Coach

Dequeen moving up opened it up for more teams.

MDXPHD

Quote from: The Coach on May 13, 2015, 12:34:03 pm

Dequeen, VV, and Maumelle moving up.

The Coach

Quote from: MDXPHD on May 13, 2015, 01:07:51 pm

Like I said DQ moving up opened it up on the boys side for everyone else.  VV isn't the champs in 2013 without DQ moving up and Maumelle never got past the 2nd round on the boys side that I can remember. DQ would be the 6 time champ if they were still 4A.

Girls side VV and Maumelle moving up absolutely made it wide open for everyone else.

Soccermomma

HeberFan

How about being thrilled that you're in the state tournament, and then, get about the business of winning it ?

sevenof400

Go Postal

Quote from: The Coach on May 13, 2015, 01:13:27 pm
Quote from: MDXPHD on May 13, 2015, 01:07:51 pm

Like I said DQ moving up opened it up on the boys side for everyone else.  VV isn't the champs in 2013 without DQ moving up and Maumelle never got past the 2nd round on the boys side that I can remember. DQ would be the 6 time champ if they were still 4A.

Girls side VV and Maumelle moving up absolutely made it wide open for everyone else.
This is a possibility, but haven't done bad since coming into the 5A, let's recap DQ's record.
4-peat State Champs in the 4A.
Semifinalist in their 1st year in the 5A, losing against Harrison in close matched, very fast paced, physical game.  (Probably the best game in regulation that I have ever seen in any soccer game).
Beats Harrison in the 2nd year in the 5A semis.  Goes on to win the finals and get their 5th State trophy.
This year, won the 1st round.  Looking toward their 6th trophy, but the playoffs have just begun.   ;)

Mustang7

Well it's true that playing at home helps. However the CAC girls won 4-0 and the boys won 6-0. That isn't just because they're playing on the home field. That's just because they're better. And the semis are at Maumelle High so even if the CAC teams make it, it's not at home

sevenof400

Quote from: Mustang7 on May 14, 2015, 11:52:22 pm
Well it's true that playing at home helps. However the CAC girls won 4-0 and the boys won 6-0. That isn't just because they're playing on the home field. That's just because they're better. And the semis are at Maumelle High so even if the CAC teams make it, it's not at home

That 10 mile (one way) trip is a real game changer.....

Mustang7

CAC has hosted the state tournament the last 4 years though and as long as it was at Burns Park nobody has complained about it

MDXPHD

May 15, 2015, 10:19:00 am #70 Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 10:22:31 am by MDXPHD
Maumelle is kind of a neutral site I guess.  It's much easier on CAC compared to teams that have to travel though, which happens every year no matter where the tournament is. There will always be some teams that are closer and don't have to travel as far. 

The advantage for CAC was playing on their home field.  They would have won anyway, I agree.

Basketball13

There is not a boys team even close to the skill level of CAC this year.

The Coach

Quote from: Basketball13 on May 15, 2015, 02:19:21 pm
There is not a boys team even close to the skill level of CAC this year.

You haven't watched enough soccer if you believe that

Mustang7

I agree. CAC is good and I'm not just bias because I'm an alumni of CAC and have a brother on the team. There are teams that can compete with CAC easily. Dardanelle gave us a good run today. We scored with 30 seconds left in regulation. Warren and Danville will prove to be a good matchup for us. I think either one can compete with CAC very well

The Coach

CAC is a very solid team. To bad the center ref made it about him today and not the kids. Dardanelle did everything they could having to play a man down in the 2nd half. CAC player should've been sent off with the Dardanelle kid considering he instigated the entire thing. The goal shouldn't have stood either after the CAC player ran over Dardanelles keeper to knock the ball out of his hands to score. Good game by both teams. Very poorly officiated by 1.

Basketball13

Quote from: The Coach on May 16, 2015, 05:13:15 pm
CAC is a very solid team. To bad the center ref made it about him today and not the kids. Dardanelle did everything they could having to play a man down in the 2nd half. CAC player should've been sent off with the Dardanelle kid considering he instigated the entire thing. The goal shouldn't have stood either after the CAC player ran over Dardanelles keeper to knock the ball out of his hands to score. Good game by both teams. Very poorly officiated by 1.

You have 80 minutes to score a goal yet you blame the referee. Classless.

The Coach

May 16, 2015, 10:01:47 pm #76 Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 10:04:32 pm by The Coach
Quote from: Basketball13 on May 16, 2015, 08:43:41 pm

beeroe

What was the kid sent off for?

Did it warrant a send off?

Were there cards shown before?

I hate to see teams play down a man. Saying, "You have 80 minutes to score a goal yet you blame the referee", may not be fair if you are playing down and the send off was not warranted.

It seems to me that the yellow card needs to come out more often.

sevenof400

Quote from: beeroe on May 17, 2015, 08:55:54 am
...It seems to me that the yellow card needs to come out more often.

As an aside to this, I wish high school rules would be changed so that a cautioned player no longer had to leave the game. 

The Coach

May 17, 2015, 10:30:16 am #79 Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 10:33:34 am by The Coach

I hate to see teams play down a man. Saying, "You have 80 minutes to score a goal yet you blame the referee", may not be fair if you are playing down and the send off was not warranted.

Sent off for shoving the player after being shoved in the chest clear as day by the CAC player. If a red was given it should've been given to BOTH players not just 1.

No it didn't warrent a send off, yellow maybe for BOTH players.

No yellows were ever shown. No warning was ever given at all. This was a center who thinks he is bigger then the game and wanted everyone to know he was there.

The player who instigated the entire thing got to continue playing while the other had to sit and watch his team battle a man down.

sevenof400

Quote from: The Coach on May 17, 2015, 10:30:16 am

Sent off for shoving the player after being shoved in the chest clear as day by the CAC player. If a red was given it should've been given to BOTH players not just 1.

No yellows were ever shown. No warning was ever given at all. This was a center who thinks he is bigger then the game and wanted everyone to know he was there.

The player who instigated the entire thing got to continue playing while the other had to sit and watch his team battle a man down.

Therein lies the problem - how often has it been said it is seldom the instigator who is caught but rather the retaliator.  Players have got to maintain their cool in situations like this. 

Leon

The Coach

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 17, 2015, 10:43:01 am
Quote from: The Coach on May 17, 2015, 10:30:16 am

Therein lies the problem - how often has it been said it is seldom the instigator who is caught but rather the retaliator.  Players have got to maintain their cool in situations like this.

I agree completely. However, there is no chance the center didn't see the first player because the players were fighting for the ball and he was looking right at it the ENTIRE time.

Dardanelle lost and that's ok it happens but, the officiating by the center was definately below par for a semi final game.

forumfan

Because of the number of schools playing soccer, little guys play big guys in 4a.  Props to Danville - a 2A school being able to fill out a competitive roster at enough positions to be in the finals.

A rundown of the final 16 by size:

1A
Crowley's Ridge 75
St. Joseph 85
Decatur 107

2A
Danville 182

3A
Episcopal 168
Cossatot River 224
Subiaco 243

4A
CAC 205
Riverview 334
Warren 347
Brookland 411
Hamburg 441
Arkadelphia 444
Dardenelle 445
Malvern 463
Monticello 485

Leon

Thanks for the info. Just to put it out there. This is the 3rd time Danville has been at the state tournament since the soccer program started exactly three seasons ago. We are a small school however, have very competitive out of school soccer community. Danville students had been asking for a soccer program since 2000 and now that there is one it has been very successful. Had Danville entered the program earlier, I think there could have been a good chance  of state finals or at least been present as contenders.  Since Danville started the program, Danville made it to 1st , 2nd, and now final rounds. Very proud of these guys.

beach bum

Danville was 3A this school year and the next.... in the 2016-2018 they will be 2A however.

DHS#1

Yes but Danville is one of the smallest schools in 3a they were moved up maybe just by 10 students

big slop

May 18, 2015, 09:15:38 am #87 Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 09:18:45 am by big slop

were you there Basketball13? no you weren't because Subiaco got mercy ruled in the first round. This thread is for people to discuss things and give their opinion. To call someone classless without any knowledge of what they are talking about is idiotic and classless in itself. There were three FORMER officials at the game and all of them said that A) the card should have been a yellow for both players involved B) time had already expired when the goal was scored and the AR was trying to signal the center and C) The goal should never have been allowed to stand and it should have been a free kick going the other way for running into the goalie who had possession of the ball and got it knocked out for the score. George was there to let everyone know he was there. Dardanelle lost, nothing can be done about it now, but it wasn't because CAC beat them. Good luck to CAC going forward. Maybe you should stick to basketball.

MDXPHD

Quote from: big slop on May 18, 2015, 09:15:38 am

were you there Basketball13? no you weren't because Subiaco got mercy ruled in the first round. This thread is for people to discuss things and give their opinion. To call someone classless without any knowledge of what they are talking about is idiotic and classless in itself. There were three FORMER officials at the game and all of them said that A) the card should have been a yellow for both players involved B) time had already expired when the goal was scored and the AR was trying to signal the center and C) The goal should never have been allowed to stand and it should have been a free kick going the other way for running into the goalie who had possession of the ball and got it knocked out for the score. George was there to let everyone know he was there. Dardanelle lost, nothing can be done about it now, but it wasn't because CAC beat them. Good luck to CAC going forward. Maybe you should stick to basketball.

Usually when one team loses, it's because the other team beat them.  I'm not an expert in sports, but I'm pretty sure the other team beat them.

Quote from: forumfan on May 17, 2015, 02:25:43 pm
Because of the number of schools playing soccer, little guys play big guys in 4a.  Props to Danville - a 2A school being able to fill out a competitive roster at enough positions to be in the finals.

1A
Crowley's Ridge 75
St. Joseph 85
Decatur 107

2A
Danville 182

3A
Episcopal 168
Cossatot River 224
Subiaco 243

4A
CAC 205
Riverview 334
Warren 347
Brookland 411
Hamburg 441
Arkadelphia 444
Dardenelle 445
Malvern 463
Monticello 485

Is CAC 205 with the multiplier?

Arbitro

Quote from: big slop on May 18, 2015, 09:15:38 amThere were three FORMER officials at the game and all of them said that...
If in fact these former officials made unequivocal statements like this on judgement calls by the referee, they deserve to be former officials.

hogbert

Quote from: Arbitro on May 18, 2015, 10:08:01 am
Quote from: big slop on May 18, 2015, 09:15:38 amThere were three FORMER officials at the game and all of them said that...
If in fact these former officials made unequivocal statements like this on judgement calls by the referee, they deserve to be former officials.

Truth. And being a ref for 4v4 doesn't count....

razorback

All the years I spent playing and now coaching soccer, I have always tried to remind myself that referees have a thankless job.  When they do their job correctly, nobody notices.  When they make a bad call, which is just part of human nature obviously, the are vilified and blamed for everything under the sun.  Definitely a job I wouldn't volunteer or ever want. 

That being said, the ref that did the Dardanelle and CAC game saturday has had issues in the past and something needs to be said.  I have run across him before and just asking the man respectfully to explain a call almost got me carded.  I remember, "Shut up Coach!" being the first phrase uttered to me as I asked for an explanation on an obstruction call.  Horribly unprofessional in my opinion and talking to fellow coaches, I'm not alone.  The man seems to make the game about himself and not the kids.  I didn't become a coach because I am seeking some sort of recognition, I became a coach to provide opportunities for my students.

The Dardanelle and CAC was entertaining and featured two great teams.  What is unfortunate is that the game is being overshadowed by the actions of an unprofessional center ref (at one point, even mocking the crowd about a penalty that they wanted called).  The real losers of this situation are the kids, the deserve a game where they are the center of attention, not the ref one way or the other.   Good luck to Dardanelle next season and good luck to CAC this Friday as they play another great team in Danville.  Should be a great game by two worthy teams.  I for one hope that a certain official will not be refereeing that game....

Basketball13

Quote from: MDXPHD on May 18, 2015, 09:27:44 am

To each their own.

Usually when one team loses, it's because the other team beat them.  I'm not an expert in sports, but I'm pretty sure the other team beat them.

1A
Crowley's Ridge 75
St. Joseph 85
Decatur 107

2A
Danville 182

3A
Episcopal 168
Cossatot River 224
Subiaco 243

4A
CAC 205
Riverview 334
Warren 347
Brookland 411
Hamburg 441
Arkadelphia 444
Dardenelle 445
Malvern 463
Monticello 485

Basketball13

Quote from: MDXPHD on May 18, 2015, 09:27:44 am

1A
Crowley's Ridge 75
St. Joseph 85
Decatur 107

2A
Danville 182

3A
Episcopal 168
Cossatot River 224
Subiaco 243

4A
CAC 205
Riverview 334
Warren 347
Brookland 411
Hamburg 441
Arkadelphia 444
Dardenelle 445
Malvern 463
Monticello 485

Would love to know what my team has to do with this? I'm making a comment based on what was said about the referees. This is not the place to come badger them and let them know how bad you THINK they did.

HeberFan

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas