• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A Soccer

Started by KCShinn21, February 26, 2015, 11:57:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorback

Warren v Star City
VG warren 4    sc 1
VB  warren 5   sc 0

KCShinn21

Anyone know the Danville v Prairie Grove results?

Basketball13

Quote from: KCShinn21 on April 21, 2015, 11:05:11 pm
Anyone know the Danville v Prairie Grove results?

PG girls won in Kicks after a 1-1 tie.

Danville boys won 3-1. Was a 1-1 game until about 7 mins to play I believe.

DHS#1

Danville was down 1-0 at the half. Looked like they were still upset from the Dardanelle lost. Danville tied it at minute 50. Scored the the second minute 65 and scored the third with about 11 minutes left in the game

faith

Who is doing what all 2-4A and 3-4A?  Not hearing or seeing much from those divisions.

Taxman

Quote from: faith on April 22, 2015, 02:22:11 pm
Who is doing what all 2-4A and 3-4A?  Not hearing or seeing much from those divisions.
The lowest classification is 4A for soccer.  They must play up into that division.

sevenof400

Taxman,

I believe Faith is referring to the different conferences within the 4A.  They are known as 4A-1, 4A-2, 4A-3 and 4A-4 although some folks do refer to them in the other fashion (1-4A, 2-4A, 3-4A, 4-4A)....

faith

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 22, 2015, 06:34:16 pm
Taxman,

I believe Faith is referring to the different conferences within the 4A.  They are known as 4A-1, 4A-2, 4A-3 and 4A-4 although some folks do refer to them in the other fashion (1-4A, 2-4A, 3-4A, 4-4A)....
Yes that is what I am talking about! Thanks! Sevenof400

Taxman

Quote from: faith on April 22, 2015, 07:08:17 pm
Quote from: sevenof400 on April 22, 2015, 06:34:16 pm
Taxman,

Yes that is what I am talking about! Thanks! Sevenof400
Reading comprehension is not my friend this week.  Sorry

The Coach

Dardanelle 2
Subiaco 1

Basketball13

The Coach

Quote from: Basketball13 on April 23, 2015, 09:09:11 pm
Quote from: The Coach on April 23, 2015, 08:45:22 pm
Dardanelle 2
Subiaco 1

Any input on that?

Subi scored first then never really threatened again. Dardanelle scored off a FK from about 20 yards and it was 1-1. Dardanelle hit the post on another FK from about the same place then hit the other post from the other side about 5 minutes later. Subi was very fortunate to be tied 1-1. Dardanelle pressured Subi the entire 2nd half and finally got the go ahead with about 12 minutes left. Subi GK made 2 nice diving saves to keep it at 2-1. Dardanelle was rewarded for their efforts in the end.

Basketball13

So that puts the standings on the boys.

1. Dardanelle

2. Danville.

3. Decatur/Subi/PG

Everyone else?

That's just a guess.

KCShinn21

Girls
Huntsville 1
Berryville 3

Boys
Huntsville 0
Berryville 6

The Coach

April 24, 2015, 10:23:56 am #114 Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 10:26:01 am by The Coach
1. Dardanelle with no losses
2. Danville / Decatur each with 1 loss
3. Gentry / Subi each with 2 losses
4. Berryville / PG each with 3 losses
Huntsville has 4 losses and everyone else should be out at this point.

Dardanelle has done well this season while playing every game on the road do to renovations to the track and football field.

AnonymousFan

Update on Decatur

They are 7-1 With a win over Lead Hill on Friday
Decatur 18 Lead Hill 0

FutbolPhan

Quote from: AnonymousFan on April 24, 2015, 07:59:58 pm
Update on Decatur

Decatur 18 Lead Hill 0

Your team actually disrespected their opponent by running up the score to 18 goals in what would be a shortened game due to the score line in which your team was clearly superior? Congrats...

The Coach

Update on Decatur

Decatur 18 Lead Hill 0

18? Is that right? If so that's a joke!!

Arbitro

April 24, 2015, 10:08:11 pm #118 Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 10:12:57 pm by Arbitro
Quote from: The Coach on April 24, 2015, 08:46:38 pm
Update on Decatur

Decatur 18 Lead Hill 0

18? Is that right? If so that's a joke!!
I hope that is a typo, because I think most would agree that 18-0 is a completely unreasonable score line.  But what would you do if you were the coach of a team that was very much better than your opponent?  What would be the best way to show respect for the other team?  Sure you can empty your bench, but what if your bottom eleven is still much better than the other team?  Do you tell players that get very little field time that they can't try to score?  Does playing keep-away show more respect than playing your opponents straight up?  How about reducing the numbers of players on the field?  Is that better?  Should the coach of the strong team seek out the other coach and ask what approach would be best?  Or do you think that the best way to show respect is to play hard the whole game even if that means running up the score?

In the pre-mercy rule days I had the "privilege" of watching a VG team from a school I will not name beat their opponent 21-0.  The coach did not remove his starters until well into the second half when the score was ~16-0.  Very few people in the stands were enjoying the game by the end (but there were some).

mijally

If you ever need to know the right way ask yourself "what would the professionals do?"  In soccer the professionals would waste time while the clock is running. Slowly walk to the ball. Substitute and slowly walk to the sideline. Take it to the corner and stall. Things you may need to do in a tight ball game that are useful.

Arbitro

Quote from: mijally on April 24, 2015, 11:03:25 pm
If you ever need to know the right way ask yourself "what would the professionals do?"  In soccer the professionals would waste time while the clock is running. Slowly walk to the ball. Substitute and slowly walk to the sideline. Take it to the corner and stall. Things you may need to do in a tight ball game that are useful.
Actually I think the professionals generally have the attitude of "It's your job to stop us.  If you can't, then that's your problem."  Take last summer's world cup final as an example.  Professionals are not in the business of not trying to score, although they may have reasons to ease up the pressure.  I think that most people would consider that kind of attitude (maximum scoring) as not appropriate for high school though.

Ropemope

Anyone know anything about Subiaco?

beeroe

We loose sight of what is important in high school sports....

The kids.

I was not at the Leadhill v. Decatur game so I would like to actually know more about what happened. I am trying to give Decatur the benefit of the doubt. But, to humiliate a 2A school so badly in their first official season of soccer is shameful.

- put your bench out,
- play down a player,
- pull your keeper out after 11 goals....

But to put up 18 goals...

Lets see if more small schools declare next year when stuff like this happens. The 4a schools love having these small schools in their conferences for their pissing matches. Meanwhile AAA puts 11 teams in one conference at the 4A level and more than half of them are playing up 1 or 2 conferences.....

Give the kids a fighting chance.

(Yeah hats off to Decatur for being a 2A school and having a great season! You will be back at the bottom next year like Green Forrest after all your seniors graduate.)

razorback

Warren VG played in the Monticello Tournament Saturday.  Results:

Warren 6 Lake Village 0
Warren 0 Sheridan 3
Warren 5 Hamburg 0
Warren 0 Sheridan 5 (Championship game)

Long day of soccer but the girls enjoyed it.  A big thanks to Monticello soccer for putting on a nice tournament.

Soccer5858

Who is playing today?

Basketball13

Subi is going to Prairie Grove.

Soccer5858

Quote from: Basketball13 on April 27, 2015, 12:04:28 pm
Subi is going to Prairie Grove.

What do you think about this game?

Soccer5858

Prairie grove--0
Subiaco-4

AnonymousFan

Huntsville vs Decatur today.

Soccer5858

when does dardanelle play Decatur?

KCShinn21

Dardanelle plays Decatur May 8.

big slop

may 7th. Decatur could not get officials for may 8th.

Soccer5858

KCShinn21

Huntsville 1
Decatur 4

jimmyt

It's an unwritten rule to call the dogs off after a certain point. It doesn't make either team better from running the score up! A deficit shouldn't ever be above 10 goals. We need to try to grow the sport in this state and with teams doing that it does nothing but destroy the sport and the kids' love of the sport!

Basketball13

Subiaco and Eureka Springs went to kicks tied at 1-1. Subi won in 8th round.

HeberFan

Anyone have likely state playoff teams ?

KCShinn21

Girls
Huntsville 2
Prairie Grove 1

Boys
Huntsville 1
Prairie Grove 2

usautg101

Lake Village has forfeited against Episcopal   

razorback

Lake Village has had a tough year, hope they can get their numbers up for next year.  We need more teams in south Arkansas!  Good luck to Lake Village going forward.

AirWarren

Yes there needs to be more teams in south Arkansas. Sadly, some people think soccer is a commie plot that takes no athleticism to play in. With that said, I'll take another sport in Warren where we compete for state titles. Got some track, baseball, football, basketball and tennis titles. We can add some soccer ones!

AnonymousFan

On the count that regular Conference play is coming to a close, can people paste probable conference standings and or remaining crucial match ups.

Soccer5858

Subiaco-7
Bergman-1

razorback

Warren VG 1 Stuttgart 0 (Warren Ladyjacks move into 2nd place in conference)
Warren VB 7 Stuttgart 0 (Warren Lumberjacks remain perfect in conference)

AirWarren

Is there a conference championship? What's our overall record?

KCShinn21

Any information on the 4A-2 girl's teams?

razorback

Quote from: AirWarren on May 01, 2015, 10:01:59 pm
Is there a conference championship? What's our overall record?

There isn't a postseason conference tournament to decide 1st or anything.  If the warren boys win out, they will win their first conference title in program history.  They have three games left: hermitage, hamburg, and Lisa academy.  The game against hamburg will be at home (senior night) and the winner of that game will claim first place since both teams are undefeated in conference. Should be a great game to watch with a lot on the line for both teams.  The boys are 12 or 13 and 1 now.

The girls side is already decided.  Episcopal Collegiate has already wrapped up first place (did not allow a goal this season in conference and beat every team by at least 4 goals).  The warren girls have steadily moved up in the conference since losing to Episcopal in their first conference game of the season.   With the win over stuttgart, the ladyjacks move into second place.  They can clinch second place with wins over hermitage and hamburg. 

Both teams play at hermitage today at 12 pm and noon (Saturday may 2nd)

AirWarren

Let us know how it turns out.

razorback

Warren VG 5  Hermitage 1
Warren VB 7  Hermitage 0

Both teams controlled the game throughout.  Ends a great week of soccer for WHS, both teams continue their winning streaks.

GridironGeneral

Malvern VB 2
Gurdon VB 0

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas