• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A State Don't be Surprised.

Started by rayzorbackfan, May 11, 2017, 08:55:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rayzorbackfan

Don't be surprised if all 4 semi-final spots are occupied by teams from Region 2.

WHITEchicken

Not very likely. I am thinking it will be filled from team from 2 and 4.

Jump shot

Clinton/Glen Rose game at 10 supposed to be broadcast on khpq 92.1. 

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: rayzorbackfan on May 11, 2017, 08:55:06 am
Don't be surprised if all 4 semi-final spots are occupied by teams from Region 2.

Don't be surprised if Haskell loses before semi-finals. :)

jacosportsfreak

Quote from: rayzorbackfan on May 11, 2017, 08:55:06 am

Very highly likely.

3 Dollar

Could very well be, but Atkins might give Harmony Grove fits if they (HG) play the way they did today.

Proud Buckaroo

Also, don't be surprised if Smackover ends Rose Bud's season.

3 Dollar

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 11, 2017, 10:17:44 pm

We'll see!

rayzorbackfan

Quote from: 3 Dollar on May 11, 2017, 10:16:41 pm
Could very well be, but Atkins might give Harmony Grove fits if they (HG) play the way they did today.

That's what a hear, from what I've heard they have not played well for a few weeks now. Makes you wonder if the tank is a little empty from all the tough early competition they played. 

jacosportsfreak

Proud Buckaroo

Rose bud is winning 9-0 bottom of the 4th.

Not sure what's going on but I expect Smackover to not give up.

jacosportsfreak

What's happening, is they ran into Region 2.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: jacosportsfreak on May 12, 2017, 06:50:41 pm
What's happening, is they ran into Region 2.

Yeah, yeah. They're the best in the world.

Smackover will be back next year if they lose this game. Mark my word. The group coming up next year have all been together for a long time.

10-1. Bottom of the 6th.

snapples3

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 12, 2017, 06:52:30 pm

Smackover will be back next year if they lose this game. Mark my word. The group coming up next year have all been together for a long time.

10-1. Bottom of the 6th.

yeah, not hard to make it back with the teams in your region. Better hope you don't run into region 2 again next year. Last 3 years, the state finalists have been teams from that region. This year will probably be 4.

vtown1

10-1. Bottom of the 6th.

Seriously you should learn a little humility. You guys are flat out getting owned! Guess how many of the Rose Bud starters will be back next year? 7, including the pitcher that's throwing today and their other starter that you didn't even get to see today. Same thing with Harmony Grove & Bald Knob which both return most of their starting lineups. Next year won't get any easier for you. I just hope that this year teaches you to not run your mouth all season long and then be surprised when someone calls you out for it when you finally run up against a real team and get smacked.

Proud Buckaroo

I never ran my mouth all season. Lol. I simply was talking about how good Smackover's team was. A very special group of young girls.

Guess how many of Smackover starters are seniors? 2.

Talk about how weak Smackovers region is all you want. They won against the teams that are out against them.

That Smackover team played up to a 6A team and beat them 9-1. Not sure what you mean by playing a "real" team.

It's hilarious though that you're trying to "call me out" over something I really never did. Learn the difference in being supportive and "running my mouth."

snapples3

Quote from: vtown1 on May 12, 2017, 07:09:11 pm
Seriously you should learn a little humility. You guys are flat out getting owned! Guess how many of the Rose Bud starters will be back next year? 7, including the pitcher that's throwing today and their other starter that you didn't even get to see today. Same thing with Harmony Grove & Bald Knob which both return most of their starting lineups. Next year won't get any easier for you. I just hope that this year teaches you to not run your mouth all season long and then be surprised when someone calls you out for it when you finally run up against a real team and get smacked.

Smacked-over*  ;D

vtown1

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 12, 2017, 07:14:56 pm
I never ran my mouth all season. Lol. I simply was talking about how good Smackover's team was. A very special group of young girls.

Guess how many of Smackover starters are seniors? 2.

Talk about how weak Smackovers region is all you want. They won against the teams that are out against them.

That Smackover team played up to a 6A team and beat them 9-1. Not sure what you mean by playing a "real" team.

It's hilarious though that you're trying to "call me out" over something I really never did. Learn the difference in being supportive and "running my mouth."

I've read your posts throughout the season, definitely some unnecessary bragging at the least. Again, a little bit of humility goes a long way. Additionally, I know the 6A team that you played up against, be careful who you use as an example of a "real team"

Proud Buckaroo

May 12, 2017, 07:25:41 pm #18 Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 07:33:40 pm by Proud Buckaroo
You really need to learn the definition of bragging. Talking about how good of a season the Smackover girls were having is far from bragging. This season was a long time coming. Softball hasn't been the greatest sport at Smackover in a very long time. As a matter of fact. The last really good team they had was when I was still in school.

My user name is what it is for the very reason...

I am PROUD of all accomplishments that Smackover has in all sports. I'm not boastfully talking about them like they are the best thing in the world. I have pride in what all the kids do there.

WHITEchicken

Well you were right. Good call. That region is good for sure.

FNLsupporter

10-1. Bottom of the 6th.
Bald Knob will be back next year too, they lose one starter, but have some really good kids coming into their team next year, so they should be a little better than this year

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: FNLsupporter on May 12, 2017, 09:41:03 pm
Bald Knob will be back next year too, they lose one starter, but have some really good kids coming into their team next year, so they should be a little better than this year

The girls coming up next year all play travel ball together. Great group of girls. Should be better next year. Especially pitching.

FNLsupporter

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 12, 2017, 09:42:18 pm
The girls coming up next year all play travel ball together. Great group of girls. Should be better next year. Especially pitching.
Well then, best of luck for the Smackover ladies next year.  They should be a pretty solid team. I just know Bald Knob has potential to win 2 or 3 more championships.  Doesn't mean it will happen though.

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Got to give my girls some credit they had BHG on their heels going into 6th and 7th innings! With only losing one I expect them to be a contender next season!! Colt Pride!!

WHITEchicken

MDM you are right those girls played well. It was a great game to watch. I hope HG wins it now that my Lady Bucks are gone. Without watching any of these region 2 teams except these past 2 days I will say I was really impressed. Good luck to everyone still in it.

Wiseman1023

Just to add to this post.... I looked at the bracket. Region 2 went 8-0 before meeting each other in the semifinals. The most impressive part of that is that they outscored their opponents 78-15. That's just dominating the competition. Impressive.

baseball2012

Proudbuck, I have no idea who you are but if you think any eigth graders moving up will be anywhere close to Ashley and Mallory then you have no credibility in my book.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: baseball2012 on May 15, 2017, 08:06:28 pm
Proudbuck, I have no idea who you are but if you think any eigth graders moving up will be anywhere close to Ashley and Mallory then you have no credibility in my book.

Mallory and Ashley are both VERY good pitchers.

What I'm saying is... There will be more pitching to choose from than just two girls.

I've seen the pitching that is coming up and it is good.

I don't really care whose book I have credibility in... It was an opinion. Every one has one.

Matter of fact, I'll even tell you who I am. 

baseball2012

May 15, 2017, 08:27:22 pm #28 Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 08:39:16 pm by baseball2012
You expect to have more than two really solid pitchers?  We have a good pitcher that will be a Junior that is waiting for her chance to show what she can do.  I would be thrilled if we had one or two move up that could help as much as the ninth graders this year.  I don't care what your name is because I can tell by your posts all I need to know.

Proud Buckaroo

You basically just said exactly what I am saying......

Yet I am the one who has no creditability...🙄

I said pitching should be better... Not better than Mallory and Ashley.

Meaning, we will have more to choose from. The 9th graders have held their own this season when needed. As well as the girl you are referring to is a very good pitcher.

Take that however you want to. It's just my opinion. Like I said, everyone has their own. Just like your opinion of assuming from my posts that I'm a bad person. lol.

baseball2012

May 15, 2017, 08:54:09 pm #30 Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 09:05:47 pm by baseball2012
Dude, I can't even follow what your saying.  In no way did I agree with you in saying our pitching will be better.  I hope there are some really talented pitchers moving up but to think they will be better than two four year starters is inane.  It will be hard enough to replace our centerfielder and second baseman.  I don't think your a bad person but you should think about what you post on a public forum.

Proud Buckaroo

Let me just break this down for you..

I don't believe you have seen the group of girls that's coming up or you would flat out agree with me that can end up being better.

YES, it's going to be hard to replace two four year starting pitchers on Mallory and Ashley.

One girl coming up has the biggest opportunity to be even better by the time she is a senior.

If you are in any way affiliated with either one of those girls.. I do appologize for offending you. I did not say they are better than them. I'm simply saying with what is coming up and what we will still have. We will have a lot more to choose from. With the Junior girl, 9th graders and the 8th graders coming up..

This years team was very good. One of the best teams Smackover has fielded since I was in school; we were 2A when i was in school. They have a potential to be even better next year. I have stated several times on numerous treads that the group coming up all play travel ball together and have done great things doing such. Adding their talent to an already talented group will help this team possibly get to the next step. A state championship...

... But until we start playing tougher competition close to the end of the regular season. Going far in the state tournament will be difficult.

I'm not going to watch what I say on a public forum. Because I state what I think. I do not hide behind my "screen name." There are numerous people who know who I am.

baseball2012

You didn't say they would be better when they were seniors.  You said our pitching would be better next year because of the kids moving up.  I watch a lot of softball and I hope your opinion is right.  I would agree with one thing, we have a current seventh grader that has a ton of potential.

baseball2012

Enough about Smackover softball on this thread.  Good luck to both Bald Knob and Rose Bud.  I haven't seen Bald Knob play this year but if they beat Rose Bud then they are really good again.  I was really impressed with all aspects of Rose Bud.  Smackovers only claim to fame is the pitcher that beat us last year is 33-1 at Harding and the only player I have seen hit a homerun onto the baseball field.

WHITEchicken

Baseball2012 you have to make PB explain his posts better because he leaves some stuff out the first time through. I wish I could go watch this championship game. Region 2 is the real deal.

tigerblood

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 11, 2017, 10:17:44 pm
So proud of your smackover team against Rose Bud! Can't wait to see you in fay town buckaroo!

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: tigerblood on May 15, 2017, 11:16:28 pm
So proud of your smackover team against Rose Bud! Can't wait to see you in fay town buckaroo!

What can I say? Rose bud is a heck of a team. It was just a shame we had to play them early in the tournament. Region 2 has two very good, very well coached squads. Good luck to both of them.

Wiseman1023

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 15, 2017, 11:19:42 pm

What can I say? Rose bud is a heck of a team. It was just a shame we had to play them early in the tournament. Region 2 has two very good, very well coached squads. Good luck to both of them.

Only two?!? Cutting the region a little short. I'm going to say there was probably more than 4 really good teams from that region. Some good teams got left at home because of the competition. That region isn't just top heavy.

3 Dollar

Quote from: Wiseman1023 on May 18, 2017, 08:04:18 am

Only two?!? Cutting the region a little short. I'm going to say there was probably more than 4 really good teams from that region. Some good teams got left at home because of the competition. That region isn't just top heavy.

I'd have to agree with you there!  A team such as Tuckerman, who could have beaten and/or competed very well with the likes of an Atkins, Charleston, Mansfield or Smackover.  And then there was Harding Academy who also was highly competitive that got left behind in Regionals.

The Green Arrow

Bald Knob leads Rose Bud 4-1 after 3. Two, 2 run homeruns give BK the lead. One by Sophomore Maddie Pierce and one by Junior Janna Smith.

The Green Arrow

Rose Bud scores 3 in top of 5th. Tie game heading to bottom of 5th.

The Green Arrow

WHITEchicken

Well Smackover got beat by the best team in 3a 2 years in a row.

softball fanatic

Rose Bud is a very well rounded team that refuses to give up. It showed last week against Harmony Grove and today against Bald Knob.

WHITEchicken

Congrats Rose Bud. You ladies deserved it.

Proud Buckaroo

Congratulations to Rose bud. And congratulations to bald knob for making the finals 4 times in a row. Both teams are going to be very good next year.

ea cat

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas