• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need some advice FF fanatics.

Started by AirWarren, June 03, 2018, 01:00:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

We have had an awful enough experience with Dish Network for over a year now. Let me preface this by saying, as a kid under my folks roof and now as an adult, I have been a dish customer for a total of 19 years. My wife has been a customer with them for 11 years for a grand total combined 30 years. My signal has been out since Friday and they have attempted to charge us 95$ for a tech fee. Encouraged us to get the protection plan(we have had and they attempted to charge us 95$ for our move, new install etc that they said would cover these things with the protection plan), dug up and ruined our brand new sod, drilled holes into our new mortar to hang a bright orange chord onto our brand new home, installed our wiring half way etc. I love dish and I see it as a bad break up with your high school sweetheart. It sucks! BUT the time has come. So my question is for the cord cutters out there....

1. What and how do you watch your sports? Mainly Razorback football?
2. How do you watch your local channels?
3. For the soccer fans...you know I love my soccer. How do you watch your EPL, champions league, MLS, USMNT games?

What is the best route if any? We have Netflix on my daughters kindle and she uses that for her room with a HDMI cable. We have tried roku but it wasn't that good?

Advice needed. Keep it simple for me. I'm 33 and have always been used to cable or satellite lol.

VHSCoach2

Sling TV.

I pay roughly $30 per month and get all of the channels that I need for soccer and football.

Brian G

Direct is my choice.  Original deal is good.

AirWarren

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on June 03, 2018, 07:42:19 pm
Sling TV.

I pay roughly $30 per month and get all of the channels that I need for soccer and football.

What about local channels?

AirWarren

I see Hulu live has a great selection of sports as well. Including the SEC network.

But I need to figure out my local channel situation.

I'm thinking sling tv or HULU live. With Netflix.

beach bum

I use Sling TV too and that is my only gripe is not getting to local channels of ABC, Fox, CBS, and NBC.... Besides that its solid.

AirWarren

I like watching channel 7 in the am lol.

AirWarren

Cutting the cord is about like breaking up with a toxic woman. Gives it to you good with your  "needs" but they treat you like crap otherwise.

Chief_Osceola™

June 04, 2018, 02:28:46 pm #8 Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 02:35:16 pm by Chief_Osceola™
Fire Tv/Stick w/ Sling TV for all live TV.  Terrarium TV + a VPN for all the movies and TV shows.  I spend less than $50 a month and can watch everything.

HD antenna for local channels. 

phdefense

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on June 04, 2018, 02:28:46 pm
  Terrarium TV + a VPN for all the movies and TV shows.
I think AirWarren is looking for "legal" options LOL

AirWarren

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on June 04, 2018, 02:28:46 pm
Fire Tv/Stick w/ Sling TV for all live TV.  Terrarium TV + a VPN for all the movies and TV shows.  I spend less than $50 a month and can watch everything.

HD antenna for local channels. 

Legal vs illegal. Love it ha.

I bought a HDTV antenna today for my local channels. I'll give an update on my progress haha.

AirWarren

Got my HDTV antenna hooked up. Have all my locals plus about 7 more in HD quality. Simply amazing.

VHSCoach2

Where did you buy your HDTV antenna from?

AirWarren

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on June 05, 2018, 12:04:08 pm
Where did you buy your HDTV antenna from?

Best Buy. 39.99. We are 17 miles from the tower and get great reception. You can go to the FCC, plug in your address and see what channels a antenna will give you.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: phdefense on June 04, 2018, 04:16:28 pm
I think AirWarren is looking for "legal" options LOL

It's perfectly legal to stream the content.  The only thing illegal is hosting said content.

AirWarren

So far so good.

Watched some big 10 football last night on the big 10 network. Sec network is there.

But we will see.

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

AirWarren

beach bum

Television is starting to get confusing honestly haha....

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: beach bum on June 07, 2018, 03:12:30 pm
Television is starting to get confusing honestly haha....
It's crazy
Who would have thought you could watch basically anything on your phone, from ESPN channels to local channels!

AirWarren

Day 5 in. So far. So good with cord cutting.

Turned our satellite provider into the BBB. We are getting our early cancellation fee refunded back to us. Awful customer service for a family that has had 30 years loyalty between the two of us.

LRRandy

Quote from: AirWarren on June 06, 2018, 02:10:33 pm
So far so good.

Watched some big 10 football last night on the big 10 network. Sec network is there.

But we will see.
what method did you get the B1G network? Comcast dropped the network and I am going to make a switch before football season begins.

Mulerider4Life

You may want to check out YouTube TV as well. Very similar to Sling TV, but may provide better streaming.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on June 15, 2018, 10:00:43 am
You may want to check out YouTube TV as well. Very similar to Sling TV, but may provide better streaming.
It's great!!
Also has unlimited cloud DVR storage, meaning you can record as many shows as you want at the same time!
Each recording is stored for 9 months!

AirWarren

So far so good with the cord cutting.

Buffering is kind of annoying. But it's been great.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on June 15, 2018, 10:00:43 am

Quick question - is YouTube TV a totally separate thing from YouTube Red?  I got Red to watch Cobra Kai, and kept it because I'm too lazy to discontinue.  I have Sling, but I don't love it, and am looking into other options.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on June 18, 2018, 02:36:51 pm
Quick question - is YouTube TV a totally separate thing from YouTube Red?  I got Red to watch Cobra Kai, and kept it because I'm too lazy to discontinue.  I have Sling, but I don't love it, and am looking into other options.
Yes. YouTube tv is live cable tv, while Red is add free with YouTube.
However, if you keep your subscription with Red, you can access that on the YouTube tv app as well I believe.

alaskanstorm

Cox kept increasing our bill every year, so we cute the cord when att offered direct tv now for the life time price of $35 month we have all the channels I need 4 espn channels, hbo, history,discovery etc.  the only down fall is no local channels for news. But that is what the iPad is for.

AirWarren

So far, over a month in, we are doing good without satellite. Hulu Live is working great. As is Netflix. Ready for football season to hit so I can give it an honest review. Love my local networks with the HD Antenna.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: AirWarren on July 11, 2018, 03:50:32 pm
So far, over a month in, we are doing good without satellite. Hulu Live is working great. As is Netflix. Ready for football season to hit so I can give it an honest review. Love my local networks with the HD Antenna.

What are you using to get Football?

AirWarren

July 18, 2018, 12:54:44 pm #31 Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 12:56:41 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: Mulerider4Life on July 18, 2018, 11:48:37 am
What are you using to get Football?

With HULU Live I get:
Big ten network
CBS sports network
ESPN
ESPN 2
ESPN NEWS
ESPN U
FOX sports Southwest
FS1
FS2
NBC golf
NBC Sports network
SEC Network....I can pay an addition 4.99$ to get SEC Network++

I can also log into the WATCHEspn app with my HULU account.

I also get local(Little Rock) CBS and Fox16 with my Hulu account.

And with my HD antenna I get NBC(KARK)(notre dame football), ABC(KATV), CBS(KTHV), FOX16.

I should be good to go.

If it tells you anything, I didn't miss one Razorback baseball game in their post season.

Romeo

I switched from Spectrum Cable to Hulu TV here in the KC area about 3 months ago. It's one the best decisions Ive ever made. Ive got all of the channels Air Warren mentioned, plus all of the local channels without an antenna and access to the Hulu movie and TV show library. It costs $39.99 a month. The best part about streaming television is that you don't have to stick with one cable service in your area. There's a least five good options you can choose from. SlingTV is good if you're on a budget. YoutubeTV is best for DVR and if you have multiple televisions. Then you have Playstation Vue and DirecTV now. There's no equipment or hidden fees and you don't have to go through a bunch of red tape to cancel your service.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on July 21, 2018, 02:22:32 pm
I switched from Spectrum Cable to Hulu TV here in the KC area about 3 months ago. It's one the best decisions Ive ever made. Ive got all of the channels Air Warren mentioned, plus all of the local channels without an antenna and access to the Hulu movie and TV show library. It costs $39.99 a month. The best part about streaming television is that you don't have to stick with one cable service in your area. There's a least five good options you can choose from. SlingTV is good if you're on a budget. YoutubeTV is best for DVR and if you have multiple televisions. Then you have Playstation Vue and DirecTV now. There's no equipment or hidden fees and you don't have to go through a bunch of red tape to cancel your service.

Coming up on three months in and I LOVE HULU LIVE. Watching TAMU play and the Purdue game. Best decision ever to cut the cord.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas