• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Booneville VS Dollarway

Started by whippersnapper, November 29, 2013, 10:19:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cuckoobird

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 03, 2013, 09:52:47 am
Quote from: BEARCATSRULE on December 03, 2013, 07:55:41 am
I think Friday you $way boys will find out your not as physically dominate as you tell yourselves

See this is the crap I talking about! Not to insult you but there is NOTHING Booneville can teach or show PB Dollarway about playing physical football NOTHING! Dway has done it better than nearly anyone, including Booneville, not to say Booneville hasn't but not the level of success of Dway! This is not something they have "told" themselves its been proven on field for over 30 years that I can personally attest to! I would feel more worried if you were like PA with all the new wizardry of spread offense but the only time I recall an Arkansas team to out physical a good Dway team team...Shiloh 2008 and they had some monsters on the line.
2012 Stuttgart

OLDSCHOOL82

I think Friday you $way boys will find out your not as physically dominate as you tell yourselves

See this is the crap I talking about! Not to insult you but there is NOTHING Booneville can teach or show PB Dollarway about playing physical football NOTHING! Dway has done it better than nearly anyone, including Booneville, not to say Booneville hasn't but not the level of success of Dway! This is not something they have "told" themselves its been proven on field for over 30 years that I can personally attest to! I would feel more worried if you were like PA with all the new wizardry of spread offense but the only time I recall an Arkansas team to out physical a good Dway team team...Shiloh 2008 and they had some monsters on the line.

I will admit we are weak and we bough to your physical supremacy.  Whats this wizardry spread offense you speak of?  You do know thats not a new offensive scheme right?

zebradynasty

8)
Quote from: elmerfudd on December 03, 2013, 10:05:40 am

Some people you just can't reach  ::)

And some people shouldn't be reaching! 8)

zebradynasty

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 03, 2013, 10:06:53 am

2012 Stuttgart

Yeah you probably match them in that game!

cuckoobird

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 03, 2013, 10:14:18 am
Quote from: cuckoobird on December 03, 2013, 10:06:53 am

2012 Stuttgart

Yeah you probably match them in that game!
dominated

cuckoobird

zebradynasty

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 03, 2013, 10:09:10 am

I will admit we are weak and we bough to your physical supremacy.  Whats this wizardry spread offense you speak of?  You do know thats not a new offensive scheme right?

I don't require you to bow just stop with this we gonna show you....
There are a lot spread teams but I don't know of any that have adopted PA's strategy of not punting and on side kick after every score hence my use of the word wizardry!

elmerfudd

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 03, 2013, 10:21:30 am

There are a lot spread teams but I don't know of any that have adopted PA's strategy of not punting and on side kick after every score hence my use of the word wizardry!

It's annoying isn't it?? About as annoying as hearing "you have no chance because we're bigger, faster, and stronger than you and there's no one you've ever seen that even compares to us" over and over and over and over.

I've given you valid points and proof from the past as to why you could be VERY wrong, yet all you give me is think so's and uneducated assumptions.

mossflyer

Quote from: elmerfudd on December 03, 2013, 10:29:48 am

It's annoying isn't it?? About as annoying as hearing "you have no chance because we're bigger, faster, and stronger than you and there's no one you've ever seen that even compares to us" over and over and over and over.

I've given you valid points and proof from the past as to why you could be VERY wrong, yet all you give me is think so's and uneducated assumptions.

That's all there is at this point is "think so's". 

Watching film with rose colored glasses can skew your viewpoint just as much as not watching any film at all. 

Should be a good game between two teams in which weather is DEFINITELY going to be a factor. 

edghog

Here's my take for whatever its worth.
Bunnyville Pros:
1) Always disiplined.
2) Always in great shape as a team.
3) Been there before. Knows how to win big games.
Bunnyville cons:
1) Usually the smaller team.
2) Usually the slower team.
3) Historically one dimentional offensively.

$way Pros:
1) Always very athletic.
2) Usually big & fast.
3) Long term coaching.

$way cons:
1) Conditioning has been a factor late in games. (At least the ones I've seen them in.)
2) Usually not as disiplined.
3) Been there before too.

Having not seen $way this year, I am only stating what I've observed of them from the past. P.S. Conditioning was not a problem with the 91 Cardnials. :-(

It should be a great game, excluding the weather...
Good luck to both teams & GO BEARCATS!

OLDSCHOOL82

Punting and onside kicking are not part of a spread offense.

zebradynasty

You have given me nothing other than your gonna hold hands and sing, "We shall overcome! What Booneville did in 2000 or 2004 has no bearing on Friday! My assumptions....

* You have not played a team in 2013 that is as big and as fast as Dway. I acknowledge you did play some large teams with good speed.

* You have 2 common opponents neither of them have came on here saying how much more physical Booneville was than Dway? I don't like to comparing scores but...Dway defeated both common opponents by a larger margin.

* You keep talking about film...film doesn't show how difficult it is at the high school level to block or move 6'-3"-5" 300 plus pound lineman. Even lazy ones still have to be moved out the hole!

* While Dollarway may not have seen a option offense this year it did not appear to have Star City confused. Given last week's outcome, why would Dway have so much trouble with it! 3 touchdowns at home is hardly an offensive explosion that everyone should fear. What I remember everyone saying is that Star City kept making mistakes and fell behind early.

*To out physical Dway rarely happens and to do it at home...

I can go on but I think that is enough to show that I am not some rah rah fan and that despite not being "reached" I have a pretty good grasp of game. Like I said earlier it's not impossible for you to win but the odds are against you.

cuckoobird

Quote from: edghog on December 03, 2013, 10:56:18 am
Bunnyville Pros:
1) Always disiplined.
Bunnyville cons:

$way Pros:
1) Always very athletic.
2) Usually big & fast.
3) Long term coaching.

$way cons:
1) Conditioning has been a factor late in games. (At least the ones I've seen them in.)

Having not seen $way this year, I am only stating what I've observed of them from the past. P.S. Conditioning was not a problem with the 91 Cardnials. :-(

how is it a pro for Booneville having been there before but it's a con for dway?

zebradynasty

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 03, 2013, 11:08:01 am

Good Lord! If your defense stops and over analyze everything that Dway does like your doing this...They'll score td's on ya'll running backwards!  ::)

Anyone that has seen PA play will confirm that yes they run the spread but it's pretty sophisticated offense. If the words "new" and "wizardry" is giving you brain freeze... fine take it out! I'll just rephrase PA would worry Dway more than Booneville.

rattlerfan17

I know you seem to not believe in watching film, zebra, but I have seen film from the SC-$way game, and SC can't run like the Cats can. You blew them out, but trust me, Booneville will be able to move the ball in a way you haven't seen all year.

Bearcatpride

Good Lord! If your defense stops and over analyze everything that Dway does like your doing this...They'll score td's on ya'll running backwards!  ::)

Anyone that has seen PA play will confirm that yes they run the spread but it's pretty sophisticated offense. If the words "new" and "wizardry" is giving you brain freeze... fine take it out! I'll just rephrase PA would worry Dway more than Booneville.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

You know every team has their own is good in their own way when you talk to their fans and alumni.  If you want to talk about PA, how about throwing this out there.  I live in California and PA came out here last year with their publicized no punting philosophy and well they left the state with the first loss of the season because it didn't work on a team that played completely different than them because they basically blocked it out and played their own style of football.  No matter how much mouthing is thrown back and forth from each side no matter where you are from, each team has just as much a chance to walk away with a win on Friday night as anyone else.  They wouldn't be this far into the playoffs if there wasn't something that didn't make them stand out or different from the other teams in class AAAA if that wasn't so.  Don't take that away from these kids, they all have worked hard and deserve to be treated with the utmost respect instead of reading the junk put on here about how they don't stand a chance because of this or this team can't compete with them because they are so much better.  The way I look at it is that you have 2 teams that are 13-0 playing each other for 1 spot in the State Championship game next week.  This will be a hard fought game and where one team will come out victorious and another that has given their all will feel broken and left wondering what they could have done differently. 

Jacketman65

Zebra, Alabama didn't think that Auburn was capable either!

zebradynasty

Quote from: Jacketman65 on December 03, 2013, 12:06:14 pm
Zebra, Alabama didn't think that Auburn was capable either!

Right... Auburn won because they saw on film the kickers for Bama would go 0-4!

cuckoobird

Funny thing is none of the bearcats think dway is capable

BEARCATSRULE

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 03, 2013, 12:13:02 pm
Poopooobird trolling hard !! Does your boss know you spend this much time on your phone?I bet you got a corner you hide out in @ the Lennox plant.

Bearcatpride

I think if you read the post correctly cuckoobird, I say that both teams are completely capable and what I'm seeing is that everyone with Dollarway ties are the ones that seem to think they are the only ones capable of winning.  Yes I would like to see the team Im an alumni of win but Im also man enough to say the team that is meant to win will win the game and congrats to whoever that team may be.  I know also it will be a hard fought game and everything will be left on the field. 

gitrdone

After all your babbling, you FINALLY said something right!!! Our kids are taught that way.

cuckoobird

No i dont work an assembly line. Ive got a nice cozy office with one of them there computers. When it shows me mobile im going hunting this time of year

OLDSCHOOL82

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And they should worry you more.  They are a 5A school.

elmerfudd

December 03, 2013, 01:24:46 pm #274 Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 02:02:02 pm by elmerfudd
Quote from: zebradynasty on December 03, 2013, 11:21:10 am

You have given me nothing other than your gonna hold hands and sing, "We shall overcome! What Booneville did in 2000 or 2004 has no bearing on Friday! My assumptions....

* You have not played a team in 2013 that is as big and as fast as Dway. I acknowledge you did play some large teams with good speed.

More of the same

* You have 2 common opponents neither of them have came on here saying how much more physical Booneville was than Dway? I don't like to comparing scores but...Dway defeated both common opponents by a larger margin.

* You keep talking about film...film doesn't show how difficult it is at the high school level to block or move 6'-3"-5" 300 plus pound lineman. Even lazy ones still have to be moved out the hole!

* While Dollarway may not have seen a option offense this year it did not appear to have Star City confused. Given last week's outcome, why would Dway have so much trouble with it! 3 touchdowns at home is hardly an offensive explosion that everyone should fear. What I remember everyone saying is that Star City kept making mistakes and fell behind early.

That all sounds good until you break it down...You said you dont like comparing scores and you shouldnt have, but I'll go along...

Hamburg only beat SC 21-12. According to your logic, Hamburg vs Booneville should have been a tight game, with Hamburg having the edge with their size and speed. Booneville won 35-14 with both Hamburg scores coming against Booneville's backups.

Take it even farther...there's a huge difference between Booneville and Dway in regards to when they call the dogs off (backups are put in, play calling turns conservative, etc.). According to FILM, Booneville calls off the dogs way before Dway does. Example: Dway's last score against SC came late in the game on a bomb pass play to the endzone. If you actually watched FILM, you would find many more examples of the same.

Besides all that, dont kid yourself by comparing this week's Booneville team to week 3. You'll understand what i mean by watching a little FILM.

You can try to discredit the importance of film all you want, but there's a good reason why schools pay $2500 a year to use Hudl. Im no coach, but it doesnt take "rose colored glasses" or a degree to see jersey numbers and tell the difference between a pass and run.

*To out physical Dway rarely happens and to do it at home...

I can go on but I think that is enough to show that I am not some rah rah fan and that despite not being "reached" I have a pretty good grasp of game. Like I said earlier it's not impossible for you to win but the odds are against you.

Again, that all sounded good zebra, but it's just more of the same. But hey, it's only Tuesday...plenty of time left to educate yourself.

edghog

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 03, 2013, 11:22:08 am
Quote from: edghog on December 03, 2013, 10:56:18 am
Bunnyville Pros:
1) Always disiplined.
Bunnyville cons:

$way Pros:
1) Always very athletic.
2) Usually big & fast.
3) Long term coaching.

$way cons:

how is it a pro for Booneville having been there before but it's a con for dway?
Goes back to disipline in my mind. Booneville kids seem humble in their success. $way not so much but I've only seen the play a limited number of times. (I really just put that in to see if anyone was reading my post.) :-)

cuckoobird

Dway kids are humble and good sportsmen. I dont know where this is coming from.

zebradynasty

December 03, 2013, 02:18:51 pm #277 Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 02:35:47 pm by zebradynasty
Elmer you and Oldschool need to learn how to use the quote function talking about a hot mess ???

Still the only explanation you given to back up the claim of victory is that #1 You watched film and #2 you played a team like Dollarway in 2000 and you beat them. ???  So Booneville is the only one that watches film? 13 other schools this season probably watched film I am sure they got some benefit from it... winning just wasn't one them! Funny how this works you offer your opinion based upon what you saw on film and you present it as gospel. I present what I see on the FIELD and it's discounted as uneducated assumptions. Yet Booneville is just humble people that know how win. But Dway is arrogant and think they are tough just because they are bigger and faster than the teams they have played EVEN though they are bigger and faster than everyone they played this year.

*PA being 5A would shock Dway Parkview is 6A (I know) but Dway smashed them this year and Helena is 5A and the were no problem. Dway has played up a lot over the years. 

elmerfudd

December 03, 2013, 02:34:23 pm #278 Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 02:58:04 pm by elmerfudd
Quote from: zebradynasty on December 03, 2013, 02:18:51 pm
Elmer you and Oldschool need to learn how to use the quote function talking about a hot mess ???

Still the only explanation you given to back up the claim of victory is that #1 You watched film and #2 you played a team like Dollarway in 2000 and you beat them. ???  So Booneville is the only one that watches film? 13 other schools this season probably watched film I am sure they got some benefit from it... winning just wasn't one them! Funny how this works you offer your opinion based upon what you saw on film and you present it as gospel. I present what I see on the FIELD and it's discounted as uneducated assumptions. Yet Booneville is just humble people that know how win. But Dway is arrogant and think they are tough just because they are bigger and faster than the teams they have played EVEN though they are bigger and faster than everyone they played this year.

Yea I couldn't figure that quote thing out. Sorry.

I have not claimed victory once on this thread. All I've been trying to do is prove why the "bigger faster stronger" logic is wrong.

I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty nervous about this game at the beginning of this thread because I didn't know a lot about DWay. After my first post on this thread, someone suggested that I needed to watch more film. So I did.

The more film I watched, the less and less nervous I felt about Booneville's chances this week because I could see that DWay is not as superior as everyone is trying to make them out to be.

All I've done since is argue the points that I found and try to find someone who has a better argument than "size and speed" or score comparisons.

OLDSCHOOL82

I apologize about my quote function earlier, dang mobiles!  Why so angry?

cuckoobird

edghog

I'll clarify. In 11, $way played at Ozark in the first round. They were a very low seed because of some forfeits. It was a great game, a slug fest between two very good teams. Should have been a semi or a final. $way won 34-31 or something along those lines and made to the final 4.
All us older FF posters know about Ozark/$way in the 91 Championship game. (Several around the state say the 91 Cardnials were the best HS team they have ever seen).

OK, I'm still bitter i guess. :-0
Slow verses fast.......we all know how that worked out for the turtle & rabbit.
Small verses big........yep, David & Goliath!
Don't say it cant be done!
Ozark is pulling for.........THA BEARCATS!!!!

cuckoobird

Oh i just thought you were thinking about that hillbilly team yall brought to WMS last year and accidentally said dway

elmerfudd

Quote from: edghog on December 03, 2013, 02:41:52 pm
I'll clarify. In 11, $way played at Ozark in the first round. They were a very low seed because of some forfeits. It was a great game, a slug fest between two very good teams. Should have been a semi or a final. $way won 34-31 or something along those lines and made to the final 4.
All us older FF posters know about Ozark/$way in the 91 Championship game. (Several around the state say the 91 Cardnials were the best HS team they have ever seen).

Mark this date in history because I'm giving an Ozark poster a +1. Haha

STUNNA

Lol why are you bringing this up... Lol. Ozark still got beat by Goliath.

STUNNA

Quote from: STUNNA on December 03, 2013, 03:05:14 pm

Lol why are you bringing this up... Lol. Ozark still got beat by Goliath.

Never mind I see that you are talking about the game in 91.

Wonderdog

Quote from: elmerfudd on December 03, 2013, 02:34:23 pm

I have not claimed victory once on this thread. All I've been trying to do is prove why the "bigger faster stronger" logic is wrong.

I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty nervous about this game at the beginning of this thread because I didn't know a lot about DWay. After my first post on this thread, someone suggested that I needed to watch more film. So I did.

The more film I watched, the less and less nervous I felt about Booneville's chances this week because I could see that DWay is not as superior as everyone is trying to make them out to be.

All I've done since is argue the points that I found and try to find someone who has a better argument than "size and speed" or score comparisons.
not necessarily wrong, just doesn't apply to all opponents. teams like Booneville 2013 is an example of such....

cuckoobird

Btw elmer, you said the cats would win bu 14+ in your second post to this thread. I think thats a claim of victory

elmerfudd

Quote from: Wonderdog09 on December 03, 2013, 03:53:34 pm
Quote from: elmerfudd on December 03, 2013, 02:34:23 pm

not necessarily wrong, just doesn't apply to all opponents. teams like Booneville 2013 is an example of such....

That's a better way of saying it. Thank you

elmerfudd

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 03, 2013, 03:58:15 pm
Btw elmer, you said the cats would win bu 14+ in your second post to this thread. I think thats a claim of victory

True. Got me there. That's when someone thought I was being ridiculous and suggested that I watch more film.

cuckoobird

Oh, so its their fault you lied

elmerfudd

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 03, 2013, 05:07:29 pm

No that's when I decided not to be ignorant like you guys and I actually did some research before I said anything else.

cuckoobird

Until friday after the game we wont know if we are ignorant or not. By lying you proved you are

BEARCATSRULE

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 03, 2013, 05:07:29 pm
LOL.Cuckoo I can't help but picture you as Dr .Phil when you speak like this

cuckoobird

Hey i gave him a chance to recant

elmerfudd

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 03, 2013, 05:49:02 pm
Until friday after the game we wont know if we are ignorant or not. By lying you proved you are

You're right, I was ignorant of the fact I "declared victory" with my prediction.

See what I did there?? I realized and corrected my ignorance. You should try it sometime

cuckoobird

I bet youre lying about watching film too. Heck i dont know when to believe you now

elmerfudd

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 03, 2013, 06:05:14 pm
I bet youre lying about watching film too. Heck i dont know when to believe you now

Watch it and find out

cuckoobird

How will that prove you watched it?

elmerfudd

Because you'll finally see what I've been telling you this whole time.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas