• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kickoff Classic 2012???

Started by Prairie Duster, December 12, 2011, 05:30:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Prairie Duster

How about having a Kickoff Classic rematch in 2012 with Strong and Carlisle :o
Just thought it would be an interesting topic!!!

simply stated

Maybe Strong/ one of the top 5 from 3a but dont see a repeat of the state championship. Or maybe one of top 5 in 2a vs a top 5 from 3a.

bbg123

bison booster just wants revenge with an actual shot with Dixon exiting.

bleudog

Quote from: bbg123 on December 12, 2011, 06:30:37 pm

Timing is everything. ;D

CHSBISON77

Quote from: bleudog on December 12, 2011, 09:32:36 pm

Timing is everything. ;D

can't blame'em for trying  ;)  ;D

bleudog

December 13, 2011, 07:40:48 am #5 Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 09:23:14 pm by bleudog
Quote from: CHSBISON77 on December 13, 2011, 12:29:11 am

Timing is everything. ;D

Certainly can't. 

At least they don't have to carry with them the "we-came-so-close" the way the '06 Junction City, the '07 Bearden and the '08 Des Arc teams do.

simply stated

Timing is everything. ;D

Well it would not hurt their chances with the Dixon kid gone, but I hope Strong likes when they are announced as the DEFENDING 2A STATE CHAMPIONS. I know it was a great ride for Magazine and Im sure for every school that has ever won the state title. Good job to both teams

gatecrasher

The way Strong's offensive line blew away Carlisle's defensive front, the assumption that they would have had a chance without Dixon is largely inaccurate.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: gatecrasher on December 13, 2011, 11:37:20 pm
The way Strong's offensive line blew away Carlisle's defensive front, the assumption that they would have had a chance without Dixon is largely inaccurate.

Regretably for Strong next year, 80% of that line graduates.

Besides size, one of the great attributes of the Strong offensive line was that they are all very intelligent individuals.

Tackle Johnique Williams is Valedictorian of the class.

bleudog

December 14, 2011, 09:13:40 am #9 Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 11:12:28 am by bleudog
I think we should start a FF pool on when the first indignation thread begins when Strong is not listed a preseason #1 when the polls start coming out next summer.

I was impressed with Strong's improved conditioning and preparation.  Their defense was much improved over previous years, but in all honesty, when one player accounts for some huge percentage of total offense and that player graduates, it's a tremendous hole to fill.

IMO, Dixon and Strong in football were a lot like Anderson and JC in basketball.

It's not a surprise those teams won state titles in those players' senior years; the surprise was the programs couldn't find a way to put the pieces together to win multiple titles while those amazingly talented players were in the systems as underclassmen.

Cheek

Quote from: bleudog on December 14, 2011, 09:13:40 am
I think we should start a FF pool on when the first indignation thread begins when Strong is not listed a preseason #1 when the polls start coming out next summer.

I was impressed with Strong's improved conditioning and preparation.  Their defense was much improved over  previous years, but in all honesty, when one player accounts for some huge percentage of total offense and that player graduates, it's a tremendous hole to fill.

IMO, Dixon and Strong in football were a lot like Anderson and JC in basketball.

It's not a surprise those teams won state titles in those players' senior years; the surprise was the programs couldn't find a way to put the pieces together to win multiple titles while those amazingly talented players were in the systems as underclassmen.

Strong had a good team, but without Dixon, Strong would have been lucky to make the playoffs.  The top five teams make the playoffs, and Strong lost three conference games.  They did lose to Parkers Chapel, a very good team that did not make the playoffs, and they could have lost to Hampton, Norphlet or maybe Woodlawn.  I am a Strong fan, but can assure you this is a one and done.  There is no way Strong will be in the top 25 next year, and will have a really tough time making the playoffs next year.  The top four will be Junction City, Bearden, Rison and Norphlet.  Strong will have to compete with Hampton, Woodlawn and Parkers Chapel for the fifth playoff spot, and this will not be an easy task. 

I am not hating on Strong, just being honest. 

strong best fan

Quote from: Cheek on December 14, 2011, 10:35:15 am

I was impressed with Strong's improved conditioning and preparation.  Their defense was much improved over  previous years, but in all honesty, when one player accounts for some huge percentage of total offense and that player graduates, it's a tremendous hole to fill.

Strong had a good team, but without Dixon, Strong would have been lucky to make the playoffs.  The top five teams make the playoffs, and Strong lost three conference games.  They did lose to Parkers Chapel, a very good team that did not make the playoffs, and they could have lost to Hampton, Norphlet or maybe Woodlawn.  I am a Strong fan, but can assure you this is a one and done.  There is no way Strong will be in the top 25 next year, and will have a really tough time making the playoffs next year.  The top four will be Junction City, Bearden, Rison and Norphlet.  Strong will have to compete with Hampton, Woodlawn and Parkers Chapel for the fifth playoff spot, and this will not be an easy task. 

you are absolutely out your mind..! we couldve done a lot! they could have folded and quit after homecoming. they didn't. all they did was win every game after that loss. yea dixon had a big roll in it but it took a team.  we have amazing talent here in strong. we will be in the top 20 and we will defend OUR TITLE in the playoffs. in a sense CHEEKS, you are a lot like hootens and calpreps. im pretty sure you didn't give us much of a chance then like you you're not giving us one now. JUST BEING HONEST!

Cheek

Quote from: strong best fan on December 14, 2011, 11:50:37 am

you are absolutely out your mind..! we couldve done a lot! they could have folded and quit after homecoming. they didn't. all they did was win every game after that loss. yea dixon had a big roll in it but it took a team.  we have amazing talent here in strong. we will be in the top 20 and we will defend OUR TITLE in the playoffs. in a sense CHEEKS, you are a lot like hootens and calpreps. im pretty sure you didn't give us much of a chance then like you you're not giving us one now. JUST BEING HONEST!

Well how you are wrong.  We have played Strong in the reqular season for the past two year and would have won both games without Dixon.  It is like saying the Bull would have won all those titles without Jordan.  I am a Strong fan and was pulling for them to win the title.  I have been a member of Strong Hunting Club for 17 years and have several friends in Strong, Arkansas.  The difference this year is Strong did have some good players around him, and they did contribute to the title run.   I still stand by my above statment. 

strong best fan

Quote from: Cheek on December 14, 2011, 12:36:36 pm

Well how you are wrong.  We have played Strong in the reqular season for the past two year and would have won both games without Dixon.  It is like saying the Bull would have won all those titles without Jordan.  I am a Strong fan and was pulling for them to win the title.  I have been a member of Strong Hunting Club for 17 years and have several friends in Strong, Arkansas.  The difference this year is Strong did have some good players around him, and they did contribute to the title run.   I still stand by my above statment.
well you stand alone my friend!! 8)

Big Country

I have never been to Strong , but I know Cheek and I fully trust his judgement on this matter so he does not stand alone ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheek

Quote from: strong best fan on December 14, 2011, 12:49:51 pm

All we can do is wait until next season and see.   I will be in Stout City this weekend.. If you know wher the Strong Deer Camp is come by.

Dayton Kitchens

Yes.  Strong will lose a lot.    Yes, they will lose an enormously talented senior class.

Yes,  the 2012 season won't be a Kenneth Dixon show.

But.

Strong has more than enough talent and ability next year to compete successfully against the best teams in the state.

It will be a different team.   Not built around a Division 1 quality running back.   In all likelihood, less explosive.   More methodical.    Almost certainly more passing offensively.

But a different team in no way implies a lesser one.

Weep not for Strong.   For Strong will be just fine............

CMhawgtracks

December 14, 2011, 02:47:39 pm #17 Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 03:01:13 pm by CMhawgtracks
Quote from: Big Country on December 14, 2011, 02:08:29 pm
I have never been to Strong , but I know Cheek and I fully trust his judgement on this matter so he does not stand alone ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheek didn't think Strong would make it to the championship game, much less win it :~)

Why don't we let the kids enjoy themselves and worry about next year, next year.

bbg123

no, I stand with him. Strong great year. Enjoy it, they are one & done. With rison coming in strong will be lucky to make the playoffs. True story.

CMhawgtracks

strong best fan

Quote from: Big Country on December 14, 2011, 02:08:29 pm
my point exactly! You dont know anything bout strong. Nobody knew about dixon before his jr.year. so with that being said we have the talent. I just know about 50 teams ate glad that he a senior and dont have to deal with him anymore! ::)

cuz

December 14, 2011, 06:10:14 pm #21 Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 06:11:57 pm by cuz
Agreed, down steps Mr. Dixon in steps Mr. Gatson, power and speed also. He led the way for Mr. Dixon a many a play..........................

Cheek

Quote from: cuz on December 14, 2011, 06:10:14 pm
Agreed, down steps Mr. Dixon in steps Mr. Gatson, power and speed also. He led the way for Mr. Dixon a many a play..........................

I thought Gaston was a Sr. ?

bbg123

CMhawgtracks

cuz

Quote from: Cheek on December 14, 2011, 06:18:35 pm
Quote from: cuz on December 14, 2011, 06:10:14 pm

I thought Gaston was a Sr. ?
Mr. Gatson is a senior, the comment was about Strong not having a chance against Carlisle without Mr. Dixon. If called upon Mr. Gatson would of stepped up to the plate........

cuz

Quote from: bbg123 on December 14, 2011, 04:19:30 pm

no, I stand with him. Strong great year. Enjoy it, they are one & done. With rison coming in strong will be lucky to make the playoffs. True story.
First you need to do a little research before running off at the mouth. Strong has a new coach who in two years won state, not a task easily done. Strong has a new QB who as a freshman was something. Yes they'll lose some lineman, but they got a lot of experience returning. Let's look at Norphlet 14-15 players injury plays a big factor their, Woodlawn new coach still rebuilding, Hampton will be about the same, PC completely in a rebuilding mode. Now Strongs made the playoffs since 06 I know, Dixon played 9,10,11. So that's 6 years in a row of making the playoffs 3 without Dixon, so I don't think I would be so quick to cut the Dawgs short this upcoming season......

bbg123

lets get serious, strong had one of the best players in the state in any class on their team. They jumped on his cape and went on a ride. Don't get ridiculous, you sound like an idiot. If strong makes playoffs next year it will be 5th seed, maybe 4th seed at best.

cuz

Quote from: bbg123 on December 14, 2011, 07:41:39 pm
lets get serious, strong had one of the best players in the state in any class on their team. They jumped on his cape and went on a ride. Don't get ridiculous, you sound like an idiot. If strong makes playoffs next year it will be 5th seed, maybe 4th seed at best.
You know your probably right. But they'd probably still beat your no. 1 seed. They won state as a no. 3 seed. Why don't you just bring your big bad team over to the 2a-8 and see what seed you'd end up. Far as sounding like a idiot you must be reading your own posts........

bbg123

2a-7 will hold their own, no need to compare willy sizes. And no, those were your posts I was reading.

CMhawgtracks

December 14, 2011, 07:58:28 pm #30 Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 08:00:52 pm by CMhawgtracks
Quote from: bbg123 on December 14, 2011, 07:41:39 pm

Boy it really would be something if we won state as a fifth seed. What's Gurdon looking like for next year?

cuz

Quote from: bbg123 on December 14, 2011, 07:56:15 pm
2a-7 will hold their own, no need to compare willy sizes. And no, those were your posts I was reading.
Then it's evident you have a comprehension problem........

Cheek

I am sorry I got  this started.   Good luck Stong.   

cuz

Quote from: Cheek on December 14, 2011, 02:16:11 pm

All we can do is wait until next season and see.   I will be in Stout City this weekend.. If you know wher the Strong Deer Camp is come by.
Which Strong Deer Camp, theres about 10........

cuz

Quote from: Cheek on December 14, 2011, 08:08:37 pm
I am sorry I got  this started.   Good luck Stong.   
You didn't start anything just asked a legitimate question, hope you got a answer....

Cheek

Quote from: cuz on December 14, 2011, 08:12:08 pm

The "Strong Hunting Club".   There is only one with that name.

cuz

Quote from: Cheek on December 14, 2011, 08:15:04 pm
Quote from: cuz on December 14, 2011, 08:12:08 pm

The "Strong Hunting Club".   There is only one with that name.
Will send a pm......

gatecrasher

Quote from: bbg123 on December 14, 2011, 04:19:30 pm

Rison loses EVERYONE, including two D1 players.
It will be Junction City, and then everyone else fighting for the other four spots.

adaptedtigerfan

December 14, 2011, 10:59:55 pm #38 Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 11:02:29 pm by adaptedtigerfan
Quote from: simply stated on December 13, 2011, 09:04:49 pm

Timing is everything. ;D

Well it would not hurt their chances with the Dixon kid gone, but I hope Strong likes when they are announced as the DEFENDING 2A STATE CHAMPIONS. I know it was a great ride for Magazine and Im sure for every school that has ever won the state title. Good job to both teams
As I stated before... the 2A is a broken leg away from a repeat and everyone knows it.. ;D

Hardwood00

I credit Coach Langston, Strong's high school principle, for their success. After Strong's loss to Parkers Chapel, Strong put Langston in control of the offensive play calling and Coach Jackson as their defensive coordinator. I caught wind that Their "head coach" was going to lose his job and that was right after the PC loss. No telling now after they brought a championship home.

bleudog

December 15, 2011, 07:39:29 am #40 Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 07:48:40 am by bleudog
Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 14, 2011, 10:59:55 pm
As I stated before... the 2A is a broken leg away from a repeat and everyone knows it.. ;D

and I'll repeat a response...

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 11, 2011, 09:12:02 am
I dont watch 2A football but I have seen Stats and scores..... From the looks of it 2A is a broken leg away from a repeat and half the state being dominated by a 20 mile circle.....

Quote from: bleudog on December 11, 2011, 09:34:01 am
We'll never know will we.

What did happen was a team about 20 miles from the current 2011 2A state champion eliminated that possibility.   

Hey, if JC doesn't commit a late turnover when they were down by 4 in the semifinal game, maybe they have a 5th trip to WMS and a 4th championship trophy in the case.

The world is full of woulda, coulda, shoulda, mighta etc...........::)

bleudog

December 15, 2011, 07:46:08 am #41 Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 07:49:54 am by bleudog
Quote from: Hardwood00 on December 14, 2011, 11:34:45 pm
I credit Coach Langston, Strong's high school principle, for their success. After Strong's loss to Parkers Chapel, Strong put Langston in control of the offensive play calling and Coach Jackson as their defensive coordinator. I caught wind that Their "head coach" was going to lose his job and that was right after the PC loss. No telling now after they brought a championship home.

I had heard Strong used Dixon primarily from the running back spot until the PC loss and then moved him to the single wing QB position after that.  Is that right?

Hardwood00

Quote from: bleudog on December 15, 2011, 07:46:08 am
Quote from: Hardwood00 on December 14, 2011, 11:34:45 pm

I had heard Strong used Dixon primarily from the running back spot until the PC loss and then moved him to the single wing QB position after that.  Is that right?

Yes, that is correct. Langston came in and changed up the formation and plays.

Prairie Duster

I've also heard Strong doesn't start football practice until school starts and doesn't have an off-season program. Is this true?

strong best fan

Quote from: BISONBOOSTER on December 15, 2011, 02:37:59 pm
I've also heard Strong doesn't start football practice until school starts and doesn't have an off-season program. Is this true?
this is not true. We start two a days with the rest of the schools.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas