• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

23rd Nashville Bankers Classic

Started by ~WPS~, January 10, 2017, 05:54:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

~WPS~

January 10, 2017, 05:54:48 pm Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 11:49:29 am by ~WPS~
Saturday, January 14
Game 1 - Girls - Caddo Hills vs Mineral Springs - 3:00
Game 2 - Boys - Mineral Springs vs Centerpoint - 4:10
Game 3 - Girls - Acorn vs Murfreesboro - 5:20
Game 4 - Boys - Nashville vs Murfreesboro - 6:30

Wednesday, January 18
Game 5 - Girls - Centerpoint vs Foreman - 4:00
Game 6 - Boys - Foreman vs Acorn - 5:10
Game 7 - Girls - Nashville vs Horatio - 6:20
Game 8 - Boys - Nevada vs Caddo Hills - 7:30

Thursday, January 19
Game 9 - Girls - Winner Game 3 vs Winner Game 1 - 4:00
Game 10 - Boys - Winner Game 8 vs Winner Game 2 - 5:10
Game 11 - Girls - Winner Game 7 vs Winner Game 5 - 6:20
Game 12 - Boys - Winner Game 4 vs Winner Game 6 - 7:30

Saturday, January 20
Girls Championship - Winner Game 9 vs Winner Game 11 - 5:45
Boys Championship - Winner Game 10 vs Winner Game 12 - 7:15

Markadomous

Looks like Nashville boys has their hands full with these powerhouses.

HorseFeathers

Umpire turn y'all down?

Seriously though is this like just a county/regional tournament? Or nobody wants to play a classic in January?

~WPS~

This tournament has always been comprised of local teams. There's a lot of rivalries in this area that don't get played often expect in this tournament, such as Nashville and Mineral.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ~WPS~ on January 10, 2017, 09:05:45 pm
This tournament has always been comprised of local teams. There's a lot of rivalries in this area that don't get played often expect in this tournament, such as Nashville and Mineral.

Understandable, would be better earlier, but imagine Nashville football gets in the way of that happening

~WPS~

Until 3 years ago it was always played the week before Christmas. As you said football interfered and it was always the first games Nashville would play.

BLUEBLOOD

~WPS~

~WPS~

Saturday Scores

Girls
Caddo Hills 53, Mineral Springs 51
Acorn 63, Murfreesboro 40

Boys
Centerpoint 64, Mineral Springs 42
Nashville 73, Murfreesboro 18

oldtiger88

This tourny is comprised of local teams that Nashville can easily make finals against. 4A Nashville and 2A Mineral are rivals in off season football. As in Mineral trying to keep their best players from moving to Nashville. Murf, Mineral, and Foreman are in same conference. Caddo and Acorn are as well. CP and Caddo play every year Caddo wants to, and I can't remember the last scheduled game between CP and Murf, so that kinda deflates that Pike county rivalry theory. 3A Horatio and 2A Foreman play almost every year. Call it what it is. A tourny field designed to have both Nashville teams in Finals. Don't see Hope, DeQueen, Prescott, or even Kirby. Nothing wrong with it, but Nashville cares about Nashville, not area rivalries.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: oldtiger88 on January 17, 2017, 05:54:02 pm
This tourny is comprised of local teams that Nashville can easily make finals against. 4A Nashville and 2A Mineral are rivals in off season football. As in Mineral trying to keep their best players from moving to Nashville. Murf, Mineral, and Foreman are in same conference. Caddo and Acorn are as well. CP and Caddo play every year Caddo wants to, and I can't remember the last scheduled game between CP and Murf, so that kinda deflates that Pike county rivalry theory. 3A Horatio and 2A Foreman play almost every year. Call it what it is. A tourny field designed to have both Nashville teams in Finals. Don't see Hope, DeQueen, Prescott, or even Kirby. Nothing wrong with it, but Nashville cares about Nashville, not area rivalries.

I'm not disputing Nashville likes to win but I want to clarify the "conference" references you made.  Some of these teams are in Regular season "combined" conference, but here is where they fit in the postseason conferences.

Caddo Hills, Foreman & Murfreesboro are in 2A-7 West conference.
Mineral Springs & Acorn are in 1A-7 West.
Horatio & CP are in 3A-7.
Nevada is in 1A-7 East.

~WPS~

I enjoy playing the local teams, which typically Nashville doesn't get to do outside of the tournament. But I've always wished the tournament had stronger teams just for the reason of watching good basketball.

As far as level of competition, Nashville usually gets plenty good competition in the 7-4A, but this year in this combined conference Nashville hasn't had any competition. I'm hoping that won't hurt in the postseason, but it would be nice to use this tourney to step up in competition. Just my opinion.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: ~WPS~ on January 18, 2017, 03:13:59 pm
I enjoy playing the local teams, which typically Nashville doesn't get to do outside of the tournament. But I've always wished the tournament had stronger teams just for the reason of watching good basketball.

As far as level of competition, Nashville usually gets plenty good competition in the 7-4A, but this year in this combined conference Nashville hasn't had any competition. I'm hoping that won't hurt in the postseason, but it would be nice to use this tourney to step up in competition. Just my opinion.

Makes a lot of sense......you trying to ruin FF reputation?
;D ;D ;D ;D

~WPS~

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on January 18, 2017, 03:23:39 pm
Makes a lot of sense......you trying to ruin FF reputation?
;D ;D ;D ;D
Yeah I should have dumbed that down a little.

~WPS~

Wednesday Scores

Girls
Centerpoint 42, Foreman 37
Nashville 57, Horatio 38

Boys
Foreman 82, Acorn 78
Nevada 42, Caddo Hills 25

~WPS~

Thursday - Semifinals

Girls - Acorn vs Caddo Hills - 4:00
Boys - Nevada vs Centerpoint - 5:10
Girls - Nashville vs Centerpoint - 6:20
Boys - Nashville vs Foreman - 7:30

~WPS~

~WPS~

~WPS~

Girls

Nashville 47
Centerpoint 35
Final

~WPS~

~WPS~

January 19, 2017, 09:27:45 pm #20 Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 11:49:43 am by ~WPS~
Saturday - Finals

Girls - Nashville vs Acorn - 5:45
Boys - Nashville vs Centerpoint - 7:15

~WPS~

~WPS~

~WPS~

Girls

Nashville 38
Acorn 21
End 3rd Q

~WPS~

~WPS~