• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is your most favorite football games u ever seen as a fan or as a player

Started by tmycjy, January 08, 2016, 12:07:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tmycjy

What are is most favorite football game u seen ad a fan or player and please explain why this is

Here is my top 10 list for Wynne that I seen over the years

10. Wynne vs Sharden 13-8 wynne 1986 playoff first round this game would have gone to Sharden if it want for a long touchdown run to win the game one interesting note is that Don Campbell was head coach of sherden that year

9. Wynne vs magnolia 33-29 magnolia 1993 quarter final playoff game this one the whole game was the last 3 or 4 min of the game wynne was trailing 17-7 before wynne score all there point and before magnolia score there others

8. Wynne vs Beebe 7-0 beebe 2010 regular season week 6 that game was going to be a defense of game wynne going run a much clock off as they could and same with beebe

7. Wynne vs Morrilton 18-14 Morrilton 1995 first round playoff game both team that year was really good and some one was going to lose wynne got stop at the 1 yard line when time ran out

6. Wynne vs Stuttgart 34-33 wynne 2001 state tittle game wynne was just 1 extra point better then Stuttgart one downer note was that at that time Slade camp set a WR record for catches I'm that game

5. Wynne vs Hope 17-14 ot hope 2000 Simi finals that game is one of my favorite one because that last 2 min was the game this game was tie 0-0 going in to the last 2 min

4. Wynne vs Alma 14-7 wynne 2004 Simi final wynne hold alma on 4 down 1 on the 1 to win this game this another of my favorite one

3. Wynne vs Batesville 17-13 Batesville 2010 regular season week 7 Batesville return a fumble back 97 yard to win this game on a play were wynne Gose for it to help them on the point system in a close race

2.  Wynne vs Greenwood 28-26 wynne 2004 state tittle game wynne hold GW on a 2 point coveron with about 30 sec left in the game but both side were real good at what they do interesting note here is that coach Rick Jones from greenwood was in his 1st season at greenwood

1. Wynne vs P.A. 43-42 PA 2006 Simi finals both team were some of the best team in the state that year and some one whole have to lose here p.a. was just a 2 point conversion better then wynne interesting note this game was the last game Don Campbell ever coach at Wynne before his  retirement from coaching

the voice

Ask Coach Duncan about that 95 game you mentioned, he was on team as soph or junior, it was a heart breaker.

The Future

Tmycjy I'm surprised you didn't mentioned the Rematch! Lol
Greenwood 25 Wynne 24 2005 semis at Wynne

Same 2 point conversion that kept us from tying the 04 meeting won it for us the next time around. Football justice haha

PA Dad

PA v. Greenwood championship game in 2008.  Greenwood won it with a 2 point conversion as time expired.

tmycjy

Quote from: The Future on January 08, 2016, 03:46:50 pm
Tmycjy I'm surprised you didn't mentioned the Rematch! Lol
Greenwood 25 Wynne 24 2005 semis at Wynne

Same 2 point conversion that kept us from tying the 04 meeting won it for us the next time around. Football justice haha

Well u right but these are the one I reamber the most

Chief_Osceola™

1993 (I think) - Pine Bluff at Blytheville in the playoffs.  I was a sophomore and we were playing a basketball tournament up there, and we got to go watch this game.  I believe the first 3 or 4 plays from scrimmage were touchdowns.  Just a wild game that PB ended up winning going away.  I was blown away with the number of athletes on the field between the 2 teams.

Yellowcake

1978. Rogers v Conway for 4A West Conference championship. Rogers won 35-28. It was a special, special day.

Oldbadger

2013 first round playoff game between Lincoln and Nashville.  Lincoln had never won a playoff game; Nashville had never lost a first round playoff game. Lincoln shocked the Scrappers 27 to 14.

That same year everyone was already making plans for Malvern to be in Little Rock for the 4A finals.  Lincoln drove down for 6 hours.  Unloaded off the bus and then unloaded on the Leopards.  Lincoln's running back ran for over 300 yards and scored 6 touchdowns on the shellshocked Leopards.  By the time the buzzer sounded Malvern was still shaking their heads after a 41 to 21 defeat. 

2014 regular season game Benton vs. Pine Bluff.  Pine Bluff was a little lackadaisical when the took the field.  Bentons wide receiver hit them for five touchdowns before they got their heads together.  They fought back to tie the game with about 2 minutes left.  Benton drove the length of the field and with the clock running hurried their kicking team on the field for a 39 yard field goal with .07 seconds left.  Benton won 39 to 36 and earned the 6A conference championship with the win.

Rulesman

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on January 08, 2016, 04:30:01 pm
1993 (I think) - Pine Bluff at Blytheville in the playoffs.  I was a sophomore and we were playing a basketball tournament up there, and we got to go watch this game.  I believe the first 3 or 4 plays from scrimmage were touchdowns.  Just a wild game that PB ended up winning going away.  I was blown away with the number of athletes on the field between the 2 teams.
I remember it well. I was the Back Judge. After one minute and thirty seconds of the 1Q the score was 14-7.

urban legend2

Quote from: Rulesman on January 09, 2016, 09:31:18 pm
I remember it well. I was the Back Judge. After one minute and thirty seconds of the 1Q the score was 14-7.
That game ended up being like 69-40 or something like that. I remember listening to it on the radio. Talk about quick strikes.

tmycjy

Quote from: urban legend2 on January 10, 2016, 11:13:42 pm
Quote from: Rulesman on January 09, 2016, 09:31:18 pm
That game ended up being like 69-40 or something like that. I remember listening to it on the radio. Talk about quick strikes.

I think the score was 70-35 pine bluff

Chief-Chickasaw

97 or 98 Gillett at England.  Yeah I'm a Gillett Wolf if anyone knows who that is.  It rained like 6 inches during the game we had a delay and the field flooded.  There was so much water on the field the officials had to hold the ball to keep it from floating off.  The parents had to ride home on the bus because the parking lot flooded and water was up to the doors on their cars.  Water was shin deep on the sidelines.  It was so much fun and we won so that helped.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on January 11, 2016, 08:26:59 am
97 or 98 Gillett at England.  Yeah I'm a Gillett Wolf if anyone knows who that is.  It rained like 6 inches during the game we had a delay and the field flooded.  There was so much water on the field the officials had to hold the ball to keep it from floating off.  The parents had to ride home on the bus because the parking lot flooded and water was up to the doors on their cars.  Water was shin deep on the sidelines.  It was so much fun and we won so that helped.

Favorite Gillette Wolf = Lee Sweetin
Favorite Gillette razor = Atra

tmycjy

Here are some honnable  mentioned to game of my favorite

1986 season
Wynne vs Rivercrest 20-7 wynne state tittle game
Wynne vs Rivercrest 7-0 wynne  regular season
Wynne vs Harrison 18-0 wynne Simi final of playoff
Wynne vs Cabot 12-10 Wynne week 10 of regular season
Wynne vs Osceola 50-0 wynne week 6 of regular season

1991 season
Wynne vs PB Dollarway 21-0 PB Dollarway week 1 of regular season
Wynne vs marrianna 28-0 wynne week 4 of regular season
Wynne vs Newport 21-7 Newport week 9 of regular season
Wynne vs Harrison 35-34 Harrison quarter finals of playoffs

wynne vs PB Dollarway 6-0 Dollarway week 1
wynne vs Newport 34-6 wynne week 9

Wynne vs huges 40-7 wynne this game I reamber is because guys millzon first started coaching there he now head coach at auburn
Wynne vs Stuttgart 17-14 Stuttgart week 2 of the season
Wynne vs marrianna 14-12 marrianna week 4 marrianna had only 16 player when we played them
Wynne vs Batesville 13-12 Batesville week 6
Wynne vs Newport 24-13 Newport week 9 one of the first time I reamber being at game and it's snow at the game
Wynne vs Osceola 20-13 wynne week 10 beat Osceola when they were 8-0 on the year

Wynne vs Malvern 36-16 Malvern 1st round of playoffs first time I reamber see Don Campbell and David Aplpe coach of Malvern having plat agence each other

Wynne vs Osceola 21-15 wynne in week 10 Osceola was 9-0 up until that week and was winning games by more then 30 points or better

1996 there whole season is a good one for me why u always reamber  SR year of school wynne 9-1-1 that year lost in first round

Wynne vs Newport 15-14 Newport week 5 of season
Wynne vs Hamburg 21-14 3 ot hamburg quarter finals of playoffs

There are a lot of others season I reamber can't list them all these are some I go back reamber  also even if these are not top 10 list all game are reamber by me

InYoGrill

For you Wynne fans, I will say that one of the most horrible times I've ever had watching a Vilonia game was about 5 years ago or so when V visited W. I saw the skeeter trucks spraying and I knew it would be BAD and it was. Never been so tore up from bites and buzzing allover my head. I could NOT stand it!!!! I think that is when I met you Chris.  ;D

Rulesman

I remember one September night in Parkin when a crop duster buzzed the field just before the coin toss to spray for mosquitoes. I think of that night every trip down Highway 64, although all that's left on that field are the light poles and the scoreboard frame.

OB11

2010 Playoffs (second or third round, can't remember which)  Rivercrest vs. Camden Harmony Grove

CHG was up 26 to 0 at halftime.  Rivercrest scores 27 unanswered in the second half to win 27 to 26.  Scored their last touchdown on a hook and ladder for about 70 yards.  That was the biggest comeback I've ever seen in person and it was amazing. 

tmycjy

Quote from: InYoGrill on January 11, 2016, 12:19:53 pm

For you Wynne fans, I will say that one of the most horrible times I've ever had watching a Vilonia game was about 5 years ago or so when V visited W. I saw the skeeter trucks spraying and I knew it would be BAD and it was. Never been so tore up from bites and buzzing allover my head. I could NOT stand it!!!! I think that is when I met you Chris.  ;D

Well do get me stared on that truck I don't like it either

FD4

Best game I ever saw, done posted it on here once before.  Parking vs McCrory in the 1977 Semi Final Round of the playoffs where Parkin pulled out the victory in a double overtime game 20 to 14.  Parkin scored the only offensive TD in regulation.  McCrory scored on a scoop and score by QB/DB Craig Reeves (the only play of that game I missed).  McCrory scored first in the first overtime and converted a two point conversion, Parkin answered right back score knotted up at 14 all.  McCrory had the ball again first up and faced a 4th a goal at the 7, Sophomore RB Larry Maddox took the ball on what was probably a Wing Right 26 Dive and lost his footing making the cut up field, (I said he would have scored but Lynn Blake has always argued he had him if made the cut.  The ball went to Parkin and Alonzo Walker scored on the 2nd and goal.  That was the greatest football game at the high school level I have seen to date. If you dont think it wasn't an all out fight against the two biggest cats on the planet, just ask Jackie Clark or Mike Wampler.  Lynn Blake had his jersey torn up, and many of the Jags were beat up as well.  Field was nearly frozen, it was in the teens.

Bondfan4ever

I'd like to add my two cents on this topic.  As a fan, my all time favorite game was Beebe at Pulaski Academy in 1994.  In a game that saw over 800 yards combined in total offense, it was, ironically enough, a defensive play, that won the game for the Badgers.  This game was the break out for a sophomore RB/DB named Tony Lockhart.  The play of this game was made by LB Nathan Lindsey, a senior, who played this game with a broken hand.  His stop of PA QB Andy McNeel a half yard from the end zone on the two point conversion was remarkable.  To see the Beebe students rush the field and then seeing then BHS principal Gary Washington literally throwing kids off the field because there were still :02 left in the game was classic.  The 38-37 win by the Badgers, ranks #1 in my eyes and in the eyes of most Badger fans.  The best game I have ever broadcast was the 2007 comeback by the Badgers against Vilonia.  The Eagles had Beebe down at one point 41-12 in the 1st half.  It was 41-18 at halftime and I can remember telling my then color commentator, Bill Pruitt, as well as the radio audience, that for Beebe to have a chance, they needed to score on the opening possession of the 2nd half, which they did, a 46 yard run up the middle by FB Sammy Williams.  The moment that sticks out to me was when LB Kyle Williams intercepted the Vilonia QB to seal the game, Coach Pruitt, who normally stayed calm during the broadcasts, went into a frenzy, making comments like "take a knee! take a knee!".   His eyes were literally popping out of their sockets and his face was as red as his Beebe Badger hat, and it was at that time, I started laughing hysterically on air.  I can still remember vividly as Coach Shannon came into the press box for the postgame interview and my first question to him was, "Coach, what did you tell your team at halftime?".  He looked at me with a smile and said, "Well, we challenged them.".  I will never forget that game or that broadcast, ever!  Great memories!

Pr8hd

Quote from: PA Dad on January 08, 2016, 03:58:26 pm
PA v. Greenwood championship game in 2008.  Greenwood won it with a 2 point conversion as time expired.

This game was actually 2006, GW won 58-56. It was one of my favorites. GW had titles in 2000,2005,2006,2007, 2010,2011,2012. They did not make it 2008 although I think PA may have that year. It changed the way the MVP was named since it was give n to Broderick Green prior to games end. It probably should have gone to a GW DB/receiver named Walters as he had a couple of picks and td's that day. Tyler Wilson had 500 yards passing as well. Easily, one of the most exciting games I had ever seen from start to finish.

Most incredible finish I ever saw was 2010 5A title game GW vs. Camden Fairview with GW down by 14 with about 5 min to play and won by 1 point after going for 2 as well.

My most favorite was 2012 6A title game GW vs. Pine Bluff, because my son was part of that team. 

FD4

Bondfan, since you called games for Beebe, do you happen to remember a game in 78 played at McCrory where the badgers were up by 14 to 0 over the jags, and with only about half the 4th quarter left, McCrory RB Larry Maddox rushed for a score, 2 pointer failed. Then McCrory recovered an on side kick, QB Quinton Hall finally connected with Rodger Currier for another score, and again a two pointer failed. 14/12 Beebe with under 3 minutes left.  A second onside was executed and the Badger defense held the Jags for a 4th and goal where Rodger Currier kicked a 25 yard field goal to surge ahead 15/14.  McCrory kicked away to Beebe and time ran out on the Badgers.  That was a great game as well, that is, if you were a Jaguar fan.

I saw Wynne play Osceola in the early 70's and stop the Seminoles on a two point conversion late in the 4th to sneak away a victory at Osceola, that was a long time favorite of mine as well.

bigchief72455

1994 Ridgecrest vs.GCT. Rams beat the Eagles in the last minutes to take a 4th seed to the playoffs. Not big to other teams maybe but big in the city of Paragould.

The_Pioneer

Batesville vs Alma in the playoffs.  We were beat.  But came to win in the closing minutes to break their hearts in Pioneer Stadium.  Honorable mention goes to "There ain't no flags!".

FD4

Being from Wynne, "And there aint no Flags" is a tough pill to swallow to this day, but it is an all time classic.  Prior to that, when Michael picked up that fumble, hearing the other guy yelling "go Michael" was nearly as classic as well.  Man we had yall beat, flat out beat.  Danged old pig skin!

Intelligentsia

Quote from: FD4 on January 25, 2016, 02:27:25 pm
Being from Wynne, "And there aint no Flags" is a tough pill to swallow to this day, but it is an all time classic.  Prior to that, when Michael picked up that fumble, hearing the other guy yelling "go Michael" was nearly as classic as well.  Man we had yall beat, flat out beat.  Danged old pig skin!

The definition of "a good bounce" - if you're a Pioneer fan ;D

Intelligentsia

I watch few games other than those including the Pioneers, so I'll have to say Batesville @ Alma in the playoffs in 2013?  One of the hardest fought games I've seen, with the opportunity to play in the finals on the line!

young_gun

Quote from: The_Pioneer on January 22, 2016, 08:00:22 am
Batesville vs Alma in the playoffs.  We were beat.  But came to win in the closing minutes to break their hearts in Pioneer Stadium.  Honorable mention goes to "There ain't no flags!".

Are you talking about 2005? That was my senior year at Alma and that was a great game. Our defense had played flawless but got burnt late in the game a couple of times. I still have trouble watching that game.

young_gun

One of my favorites was Alma vs Hamburg in the 97 state championship game. Alma was the 4 seed and had to go on the road every week to make it to the Rock. Hamburg had some of the biggest kids I had ever seen were supposed to be unstoppable but Alma pulled off the upset.

MountieForLife

As a fan, 2000 Rison over Shiloh & 2001 Wynne over Stuttgart...both championship games of course.

As a player, Rogers over Fayetteville in 1991 and Rogers over Springdale in 1993...3-0 win over a Springdale team that was ranked by USA Today in the Southwest Region that week with game played amid SEVERE thunderstorms/tornado watches...EXCELLENT!

AirWarren

Quote from: young_gun on January 28, 2016, 10:31:50 am
One of my favorites was Alma vs Hamburg in the 97 state championship game. Alma was the 4 seed and had to go on the road every week to make it to the Rock. Hamburg had some of the biggest kids I had ever seen were supposed to be unstoppable but Alma pulled off the upset.

Hamburg beat us that year in the semis. The mud bowl.

NEASPORTSFAN

Quote from: The_Pioneer on January 22, 2016, 08:00:22 am
This. Alma scored late to go up 7-0, and had the ball just needing 1 more first down to seal it.  Alma fumbled, and Batesville scored in the final minute to make it 7-6 but had the extra point blocked. Batesville recovers the onside kick and managed to score a miracle touchdown at the end to win 12-7

NEASPORTSFAN

The batesville comeback over Watson chapel last year on opening day was pretty incredible too.

GuvHog

My favorite game happened in in the mid 90's (I don't remember the exact year). Watson Chapel had just moved down to 4A Southeast and had Lonnie Sutton as head coach. The conference had been dominated for years by the Monticello Billies and their "Blue Steel" defense. The game was in Monticello and neither defense could stop the other team's offense. WC won in overtime on a Ron Johnson 2 point conversion. When WC lined up to go for that 2 point conversion, the whole Billie defense knew Ron would get the ball and they still couldn't stop him. WC went on to be state runner-up that year and won state the next year.

BigLion10

My favorite game as a spectator to watch was when England traveled to McCrory 3 or 4 years ago in the playoffs and won 66-64 in 5 OTs. We stuffed them on a two point conversion, talk about a crazy back and forth game

FD4

My #1 all time-Parkin 20 McCrory 14 in double overtime, semi final of the 2A bracket in 77. At the end of regulation it was 6/6.  Parkin went on to beat Berryville so bad the next week McCrory came out in the final pole at #2 followed by Berryville.  I only missed on play in that game, (was switching ends of the field under the bleachers) when Craig Reeves picked up a fumble and ran it in for the TD for McCrory, off of a fumble which tied the game up in regulation.  Parkin held McCrory to 0 offensive scores in regulation play.  That was the first time we had seen the overtime as it is today.  That was a defensive battle right up to the end.

My #2 all time-Wynne beating Stuttgart in WM.  Williams goes for six yards on a must need 4th and 3 or so to seal the deal.  Stuttgart ran out of TO's, Wynne took the knees to run out the clock.  Slade Camp set a playoff record in 4A for pass receptions for Stuttgart.  He wore that down and out route to death.

BrianfromCarlisle

Slade Camp set a national record at the time if memory serves. He and Lammers were a deadly duo. But they had to play Deangelo unfortunately

GuvHog

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on June 10, 2016, 11:11:33 pm
Slade Camp set a national record at the time if memory serves. He and Lammers were a deadly duo. But they had to play Deangelo unfortunately

I still say Deangelo was bought and paid for by the University of Memphis.

browning_gold_12

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on January 14, 2016, 01:11:45 pm
2010 Playoffs (second or third round, can't remember which)  Rivercrest vs. Camden Harmony Grove

CHG was up 26 to 0 at halftime.  Rivercrest scores 27 unanswered in the second half to win 27 to 26.  Scored their last touchdown on a hook and ladder for about 70 yards.  That was the biggest comeback I've ever seen in person and it was amazing.

Remember that night well. I was on duty at the Fire Dept in Camden. We were hosting Alma. We had just got to the game, (it was in my district  8)) when we had a structure fire across town. We got it out and I aint ever rolled up hose that quick!!! Made it back around the start of the 2nd half. There were a bunch of Harmony Grove fans at our game didn't make the drive to Rivercrest. They were all cocky and happy about the beatdown that the Hornets were putting on them. Towards the end of our game I looked over and saw a shellshocked look on some of their faces. About that time Lowell announced on the PA that HG had lost.

Correction... (sometimers attack, lol...) The fire was during the 2012 game. I remember Alma having a running back named Malachi that I left there impressed with.

Cardinalboi07

Camden Fairview at Magnolia 2006. Both teams had split victories in non conference play for the past few years. The conferences were reclassified putting both teams in the 5A South. Both teams were like 6-0 and the trash talk was brutal. Our class had it out for Magnolia every since they ended our Jr. High teams winning streak. The stans were packed and a a good 3,000 fans were standing around the fence to see the game. CF's Curtis was on a gimpy ankle which in my opinion was why the game was so close. CF won when Magnolia elected to throw for 2-point conversion and failed leaving the score 28-27. The game next year was packed with Magnolia thinking they were going to spoil CFs homecoming but Curtis wasnt hurt that game  :) ;D

MikeDiesel™

I think it was 2007.  Blytheville came into the game 7-0 and their remaining 2 games were against teams that they should have no problem with. So, the only obstacle to a perfect season were the Batesville Pioneer who were also undefeated in conference up to that point.  The Pioneer were hated in Chickasaw country.  And I'm pretty sure the feeling was mutual :)  The game never really leaned one way or the other.  Batesville had the lead late but Blytheville scored with limited time left to get within 1.  The Chicks decided to win it right there and go for 2 with Osagie hitting Cullins in the endzone to take the lead and the game. 

Both teams played hard and brought crazy emotions into this game.  There were multiple times where it could have gotten VERY ugly, but for the most part, the majority of the players kept their cool.  I don't remember another time when the stands at Haley Field were as full as they were that night.  I was standing in the endzone about 10 feet away from the play that won the game.  And the energy in that place exploded as Blytheville won 22-21.  The Chicks went on to complete the undefeated regular season (we won't mention the playoff game in this thread other than to say that Stanley had Quinn's number that night). 

From a Blytheville perspective, the game this year against Batesville was also a LOT of fun.  But, it doesn't compare to the energy that 2007 game had.

browning_gold_12

Quote from: Cardinalboi07 on June 14, 2016, 02:07:56 pm
Camden Fairview at Magnolia 2006. Both teams had split victories in non conference play for the past few years. The conferences were reclassified putting both teams in the 5A South. Both teams were like 6-0 and the trash talk was brutal. Our class had it out for Magnolia every since they ended our Jr. High teams winning streak. The stans were packed and a a good 3,000 fans were standing around the fence to see the game. CF's Curtis was on a gimpy ankle which in my opinion was why the game was so close. CF won when Magnolia elected to throw for 2-point conversion and failed leaving the score 28-27. The game next year was packed with Magnolia thinking they were going to spoil CFs homecoming but Curtis wasnt hurt that game  :) ;D

We stood just out the back side of the end zone the whole game. That was a great one.

RD™

Greenwood vs Camden Fairview State Championship game.

No words are needed.

Hoghead2

Hope vs Watson Chapel 2015.
Watson Chapel lead 49-34 with 3:34 left in the game. Hope scores 21 points in 3 minutes 21 seconds for a 55-49 win ! Hope recovered 2 onside kicks and threw 3 TD'S in a wild comeback.
The look on the WC fans faces was classic.

WPWells

Quote from: Hoghead2 on June 16, 2016, 07:18:09 pm
Watson Chapel lead 49-34 with 3:34 left in the game. Hope scores 21 points in 3 minutes 21 seconds for a 55-49 win ! Hope recovered 2 onside kicks and threw 3 TD'S in a wild comeback.

The WC fans on here were also classic

AT

Quote from: RD™ on June 15, 2016, 07:36:18 pm
Greenwood vs Camden Fairview State Championship game.

No words are needed.

I could probably still watch this game to this day and not believe it.

Beardad

Why not take one of your 3 timeouts to set up a defense to stop GWood on that 2 pt.  Or why call the trick play twice that lost yards the first time?

Speaking of CF vs Greenwood chokes.....what about the semi-final game Drew Crew's junior year where CF was up at halftime AGAIN, and they decided the best gameplan for the remainder of the game was Tebow sneak?  Then Drewski commenced to running digs and posts and making 1 handed catches on the Cardinals for another Jones V James comeback victory.

Pr8hd

Quote from: Almatrackster on June 16, 2016, 09:25:18 pm

It was an improbable win for the Bulldogs. It was an emotional win for sure and a devastating loss to CF, who had the game won basically.
Easily, greatest comeback ever seen in person  trailing by 2 TD's with 5 something to go and a HUGE ballsy call to go for 2 to take the lead in that 2010 championship game.

2006 PA vs GW was a fantastic offensive display too and heckuva rollercoaster. Tyler Wilson vs. Broderick Green

Most heartbreaking loss  ever seen was PB vs. GW in 2013 semi's -karma finally caught up to the Bulldogs that season and snapped the win streak.

As a player at GW, the one that haunts the most is a 21-14 loss to Booneville at home on homecoming - we held them to around 100 yards offense and they returned  NOT 1 BUT 2 85-90 yard kickoff returns. Booneville went on to win their first title and we missed the playoffs. This was in GW's Dark Ages.

All memorable games in their own right. 

Hoghead2

Quote from: Almatrackster on June 16, 2016, 09:25:18 pm

The radio crew for Greenwood for this game needed a Emmy. They were a loose roller coaster ride ! Just funny, sad, exuberant and wore out after this game !!! It's was the best I had heard since the Plano East vs John Tyler (Tx) Crew. Off the chain !!!

zebradynasty

Quote from: Hoghead2 on June 16, 2016, 07:18:09 pm

They've had that look a lot lately!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas