• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RJ Glasper

Started by Corey870, April 24, 2016, 01:05:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Corey870

S/O to Forrest City RJ Glasper on winning Arkansas boys overall basketball player of the year. He was over looked by a lot of ppl this year and proved a lot of ppl wrong

WPWells

ricepig

Quote from: Fred Bird on April 24, 2016, 06:41:57 pm
Who gave this award?

Arkansas Basketball Coaches Association

Corey870

WPWells

Uh no? I didn't see Glasper play, but he obviously had some impressive games - specifically against Cedar Ridge and Maumelle. I was just curious who gave this award. No need to get defensive

MDXPHD

Quote from: Fred Bird on April 24, 2016, 09:44:03 pm
Uh no? I didn't see Glasper play, but he obviously had some impressive games - specifically against Cedar Ridge and Maumelle. I was just curious who gave this award. No need to get defensive

Corey stays mad if somebody mentions anything about FC, good or bad. He's a sensitive little fella.

Grond

Is Glasper headed for college ball?

OB11

Quote from: Grond on April 24, 2016, 10:37:04 pm
Is Glasper headed for college ball?

At the time the award was given he was not committed anywhere is what I understood. 

WPWells

Saw today that Arkansas wants him as a preferred walk-on

elvis26

;D I hope it comes true!!!!!!!! he is a great player.

bdog32

I disagree. That game against cedar he was outplayed.  Austin reaves should have won this award

Corey870

Quote from: bdog32 on April 26, 2016, 10:52:37 am
I disagree. That game against cedar he was outplayed.  Austin reaves should have won this award
Lol the award goes to the best player

Ctucker

Apparently not! Monk didn't get it and Reeves would have been second to monk

OB11

I do think it's interesting that the award went to an unsigned player over 2 committed D1 prospects. 

I think we can all agree that Monk, Reaves, and Glasper were the best 3 seniors playing in the state this year. 

mr.gametime

April 28, 2016, 12:03:29 pm #14 Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 02:33:28 pm by mr.gametime
Jasper..has been be offered by:                                                               Holmes CC (Mississippi)

Labette CC (Kansas)

University of Central Oklahoma

UAPB

Southern Arkansas

University of Arkansas Fort Smith

University of Nebraska-Kearney.

Arkansas Tech

mijally

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on April 28, 2016, 10:35:59 am
I do think it's interesting that the award went to an unsigned player over 2 committed D1 prospects. 

I think we can all agree that Monk, Reaves, and Glasper were the best 3 seniors playing in the state this year.
I'd take Shawn Williams over those three.

WPWells

Glasper announced today that he will be walking on at Arkansas per Dudley Dawson

Silky Johnson

Nice. I wish him luck, even though he only had 10-12 points against Bay without their best player in Dec. they had other guys step up and it was a fun game. His performance against Cedar ridge from a couple days earlier was very impressive and a close game they could've won. He'll still be a fun player to watch @ Fay and him being in the game will be the reason I'm watching Hogs basketball.

mr.gametime

Why was he not recruited hard by D1 schools....was he a late bloomer????....lack of size?...or did he not play AAU ball during the summer?

Eagle20

Quote from: mr.gametime on May 09, 2016, 06:01:01 pm
Why was he not recruited hard by D1 schools....was he a late bloomer????....lack of size?...or did he not play AAU ball during the summer?
I Believe mainly size.  He is good but there are guys that can do what he does that are bigger.  Borderline D-1 or D-2 scholarship wise, that is why he walked on.  He may work and prove everyone wrong but that is not the case with walk-ons most of the time.  I wish him the best!

woopork

Quote from: mijally on May 04, 2016, 05:57:03 pm
I'd take Shawn Williams over those three.

Don't be blindly loyal.

woopork

Quote from: Corey870 on April 28, 2016, 12:21:13 am
Lol the award goes to the best player

In head to head, it appeared Reaves is better getting his 3A team to beat Williams larger 5A team.

WPWells

Quote from: woopork on September 20, 2016, 09:33:25 am
In head to head, it appeared Reaves is better getting his 3A team to beat Williams larger 5A team.

Don't be thick

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: woopork on September 20, 2016, 09:33:25 am

Cedar Ridge didn't play Maumelle last year.

woopork

That's my bad, Glasper, not Williams.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: woopork on September 21, 2016, 01:15:28 pm
That's my bad, Glasper, not Williams.

Haha no worries. I knew what you meant. I was just being a smartass.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas