• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SCORE THREAD: 5A BOYS FINALS(Sat 6:00) Maumelle vs Forrest City

Started by Brian G, March 06, 2016, 02:18:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Maumelle
16 (31.4%)
Forrest City
35 (68.6%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Voting closed: March 12, 2016, 02:37:45 pm

Brian G

more info to follow

RedWolves

Having seen both teams, I just believe FC has more ways to beat you. Maumelle is patient, but FC will speed them up. Maumelle will need to knock down some jumpers from the outside (#3 Shaun Williams in particular) to get FC out of that zone they play so well.

Corey870

I think FC will win because of the weapons they have on offense and their defense. Seen maumelle play Tuesday and the speed that they play at will not work, FC will spped the game up and run them which will prolly wear maumelle down and red wolves I agree with you couldn't have said it any better

Chief_Osceola™

Maumelle doesn't play one tempo. They're fine running up and down the floor or slowing down and running half-court sets. They can score in a lot of ways as well. Defenses can't key on only Shawn. You play a zone and Shawn and Patrick will shoot over the top of it; you play man and Tremont will take his man one on one to the basket. Mike Fuller has a great mid-range jumper and is very athletic and good on the glass. Tyler Hall is the true big man and is tough to guard in the paint when he gets the ball. John Word is a defensive stopper and fills up the stat sheet. Oh, and they'll go 9-10 deep so fatigue shouldn't be an issue.

I'm expecting a good game Saturday. I think one thing that works in Maumelles favor is that they were here last year in this very spot. They've got that kind of big game experience.

RedWolves

I actually don't think that will be a factor at all. FC's Seniors were State champs as Sophs, with Glasper scoring well over 20 points in that championship game vs Jacksonville. Both teams have big game experience.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: RedWolves on March 06, 2016, 06:08:55 pm
I actually don't think that will be a factor at all. FC's Seniors were State champs as Sophs, with Glasper scoring well over 20 points in that championship game vs Jacksonville. Both teams have big game experience.

I didn't realize that. Maumelle only moved to 5A last year so I didn't follow 5A much before that. My other statements still stand. It should be a great game.

sportsguy80

mijally

I don't think tempo will be an issue. Maumelle intentionally slowed the pace because they didn't think they could run with Mills. Their coach said so in the paper. They showed they were willing to adjust. Which is the same thing Forrest City did against Hot Springs by not pressing. I think it will come down to who avoids foul trouble and who gets and converts the most free throws down the stretch.

Corey870

March 06, 2016, 08:34:28 pm #8 Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 08:40:11 pm by Corey870
Forrest City didn't press HS much cause HS had just as much speed as they had, but it was a few times they did press them.... FC play the passing lanes as well as anybody in the state does they has a great zone defense and can play man to man as well. I don't think Maumelle has faced a up tempo team that is on the same speed level as the mustangs.... But on paper it should be a great game to watch just don't think in the end they will have the legs to keep up, cause they will force maumelle to play uptempo ball and when u take a team out of there game plan it can be real bad for the opposing team

Chief_Osceola™

^ That's what I was alluding to. Maumelle is comfortable playing at any tempo.

Ponca

I'm predicting Forrest City by 7. Offensively. Forrest City surprised me in that they are more than Glasper. So many ways to beat you. You know what's coming with Maumelle. Defensively these were the two best teams in the tournament. Different styles of defense but both effective.

Corey870

Fun Fact Of The Day: Forrest City has beating 2 of the 4 teams that will be playing in the 6a and 7a state title game.....Pine Bluff 6a & Cabot 7a

Chief_Osceola™

Another fun fact: Forrest City lost to 1 of the 2 teams playing in the 3A state championship game. ;)

Eagle20

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on March 09, 2016, 11:46:32 am
Another fun fact: Forrest City lost to 1 of the 2 teams playing in the 3A state championship game. ;)
While giving up 73 points to one player.  At times they were trying to guard him with 3 guys!  When he hit 50 you might think they would have quit pressing.  Nope!

Eagle20

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on March 09, 2016, 11:46:32 am
While giving up 73 points to one player.  At times they were trying to guard him with 3 guys!  When he hit 50 you might think they would have quit pressing.  Nope!

Corey870

Another Fun Fact For Today: Forrest City going for their 2nd state title in 3 years...

Chief_Osceola™

March 09, 2016, 04:15:07 pm #16 Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 04:16:38 pm by Chief_Osceola™
Quote from: Corey870 on March 09, 2016, 03:33:18 pm
Another Fun Fact For Today: Forrest City going for their 2nd state title in 3 years...

This is Maumelle's second state title appearance in a row.

Corey870

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on March 09, 2016, 04:15:07 pm
how many they win is the question of the day tho

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Corey870 on March 09, 2016, 04:27:17 pm
how many they win is the question of the day tho

Ask me after Saturday and I'll let you know.

Corey870

mijally

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on March 09, 2016, 04:15:07 pm
Can't forget that one last year. Get a T before the game starts, then early foul trouble and playing catch up to Andre Jones and Keith Hayes from McClellan.  Jones is Baptist Preps problem this year.

woopork

I wish I could see this game, but that being said, I want to give a slight nod to Maumelle, because I give a slight advantage to Robinson and Williams over the Glasper (sp?) kid. That being said, Forest City has really shown what they have, and they play harder than any team I've seen this year in any class. I am almost talking myself out of calling Maumelle by 2 because I love FC's hustle. Maybe I'll be wrong and I may actually be happy to be wrong.

itsslim

hogfan7

I think it's going to be a great matchup between Williams and Glasper, but I think Williams has the advantage of the two.  Look forward to watching this one!

EarlTheSnakeWhite

Can someone please post the link to watch the game online?

Thanks!

mtindian42

proud_dad

mtindian42

proud_dad

Forrest City-41
Maumelle-43
Halftime!!!!

This is another classic in the making!!!

mtindian42

Looking that way. It's up and down track meet right now.

mr.gametime

Shawn williams is the truth. ..I wonder why Arkansas backed off him.

mtindian42

Same reason they did Austin reaves. Sounds like y'all need new scouts on the hill...

mr.gametime

They where never really on Reaves. ..but he's a great player...I remember they started recruiting shawn williams after his freshman year. ..I think they even offered him an early scholarship. ...but backed off him after his Jr year for some reason.

mtindian42

That's my point. They don't know talent when they see it. They should have beat down reaves door.

mtindian42

mtindian42

proud_dad

mtindian42

mtindian42

What a game! This is by far the best game of all the games. Imo

proud_dad

proud_dad

proud_dad

Chief_Osceola™

mtindian42

We our going to O.T. Man I love this game... Let's go get it stangs...

proud_dad

proud_dad

proud_dad

Forrest City-91
Maumelle-85
Final!!!!!

Congrats to the Forrest City Mustangs!!!

PA Dad

mr.gametime

Great game..I hate that number 1 from muamelle went down

mtindian42

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas