• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Demozette Rankings 2016-02-07

Started by Ponca, February 07, 2016, 02:23:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponca

BOYS

• Hot Springs 21-3
  • Forrest City 16-3
  • JA Fair 17-4
  • Pulaski Academy 13-4
  • Paragould 16-3
  • Mills 17-6

GIRLS

• Batesville 19-1
  • Watson Chapel 18-3
  • Hot Springs 19-2
  • Greene County Tech 15-8
  • Nettleton 19-3
  • Beebe 18-4

Ponca

5A Boys is stacked this season. Not only do you have the 6 ranked schools above. The 4 5A West teams are all very strong. Add Jacksonville out of the Central. That is 11 schools that IMHO all have a legit shot at winning 5A state this season.

Easy

Can someone justify why 15-8 Greene county tech moves up in rankings after being down 20 to batesville on their home floor. Their schedule has not been any tougher than anyone ranked below them.  The only top 10 team they have played they lost by 40 and they lost to 4A Star city by 13.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Easy on February 07, 2016, 07:23:08 pm
Can someone justify why 15-8 Greene county tech moves up in rankings after being down 20 to batesville on their home floor. Their schedule has not been any tougher than anyone ranked below them.  The only top 10 team they have played they lost by 40 and they lost to 4A Star city by 13.

Don't bring up Star City. That's actually a good loss. That is Batesville's loss as well. And are you talking about LRC girls? That's not a bad loss lol. Their record isn't very good, but the East has three strong teams. They probably stay ahead of Nettleton because they beat Nettleton at Nettleton.

scoutteamshoota

finally saw Hot Springs boys play.....WOW...I know 5A is stacked with great competition but that is a strong collection of talent on one team.  Pretty sure all 5 starters could start for any team in the state.   

Corey870

Quote from: scoutteamshoota on February 08, 2016, 11:00:01 am
finally saw Hot Springs boys play.....WOW...I know 5A is stacked with great competition but that is a strong collection of talent on one team.  Pretty sure all 5 starters could start for any team in the state.
Hot Springs is pretty good but I think Forrest City would match up with them that have a strong starting five along with on of the beat benches I done seen in high school in some years, they bench is just as good as a lot of teams starting 5

kingoftherapids

I have seen them play. nobody wants a part of HS right now. that includes any school in this state and any state surrounding arkansas.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: kingoftherapids on February 08, 2016, 03:37:39 pm
I have seen them play. nobody wants a part of HS right now. that includes any school in this state and any state surrounding arkansas.

I asked this in another thread to someone else, but it is probably also appropriate here - how many teams from the West have you seen?

kingoftherapids

2 Morrilton and vilonia. Not even sure if either of those are still in the west, but they both used to be.

Bballer13

Quote from: Easy on February 07, 2016, 07:23:08 pm
Batesville lost to 4A Starr City by 13 too!!

Easy

Star city is good, I am not doubting that.  I am just saying why does a team with 8 losses ranked 4th in the state above some other teams like Vilonia, Beebe, Pulaski academy.  Even Sylvan Hills played Batesville as good a game as either Greene county tech and Nettleton and they played them at Batesville.

Chief_Osceola™

It's the DemGaz, Easy. That's all you need to know.

I'll say it again - the fact that zero teams from the West are ranked in the boys poll is pure stupidity. Maumelle is currently sitting tied for 3rd in the conference, with a 16-3 record, and a 15-point win over PA, who beat both Fair and Mills by double-digits. We also beat Sylvan Hills by 30+. Just zero logic from those folks.

Corey870

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on February 08, 2016, 11:18:14 pm

I'll say it again - the fact that zero teams from the West are ranked in the boys poll is pure stupidity. Maumelle is currently sitting tied for 3rd in the conference, with a 16-3 record, and a 15-point win over PA, who beat both Fair and Mills by double-digits. We also beat Sylvan Hills by 30+. Just zero logic from those folks.
u all over here whining cause maumelle ain't in the rankings pull your skirt up it still ain't gone make them put your team in the ranking but I do see my Forrest City mustangs on there

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Corey870 on February 09, 2016, 07:49:25 am
Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on February 08, 2016, 11:18:14 pm

u all over here whining cause maumelle ain't in the rankings pull your skirt up it still ain't gone make them put your team in the ranking but I do see my Forrest City mustangs on there

Youre either the biggest idiot on this board, or a great troll. I can't decide.

Either way, are you gonna answer my question from the other thread or continue to ignore it?

Go Postal

Chief, I think that Maumelle and LRCA doesn't get any respect in the DemGaz is because they don't like Morrilton, Harrison, Vilonia and even Greenbrier because we usually match up pretty well against each other so that no matter what the final score ends up, there are some real close games.  Hornets and Warriors have to play us hence, there is not always a blow out during games because the West has some great teams.

Does FC have a live video stream?  I would like to be able to see them in action.  Of course, if anyone wanted to see some of the West teams in action, there is always WarriorVision and GOB TV links.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Go Postal on February 09, 2016, 09:01:28 am
Chief, I think that Maumelle and LRCA doesn't get any respect in the DemGaz is because they don't like Morrilton, Harrison, Vilonia and even Greenbrier because we usually match up pretty well against each other so that no matter what the final score ends up, there are some real close games.  Hornets and Warriors have to play us hence, there is not always a blow out during games because the West has some great teams.

Yep, it's a tough conference for sure. A lot like the Central in general quality of teams. A few teams won't make the tournament who probably would if they were in a different conference.

QuoteDoes FC have a live video stream?  I would like to be able to see them in action.  Of course, if anyone wanted to see some of the West teams in action, there is always WarriorVision and GOB TV links.

You don't need a video stream - just ask Corey. He'll tell you how great they are.

lyckedesplit1

I'm from fc I've seen 2 game from the west and I stream as many teams n 5a I can 2 look over the talent. And the west hve a lot of great talent. Yes they should hve at less 2 or 3 n the too ten. Being that said don't let 1 person from the city make u think we're all like that. Our team is under size very Scrappy antheir t ever the ranking say we will take it. We r a city that our kids never get their just do. So we r enjoying this. Like I know u all would if your team was up there. Its about the kids enjoying and loving the game not us.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: lyckedesplit1 on February 09, 2016, 09:45:19 am
I'm from fc I've seen 2 game from the west and I stream as many teams n 5a I can 2 look over the talent. And the west hve a lot of great talent. Yes they should hve at less 2 or 3 n the too ten. Being that said don't let 1 person from the city make u think we're all like that. Our team is under size very Scrappy antheir t ever the ranking say we will take it. We r a city that our kids never get their just do. So we r enjoying this. Like I know u all would if your team was up there. Its about the kids enjoying and loving the game not us.

Totally agree. Every town has a knucklehead or two, but it's certainly not a reflection of the whole town. And I've always said FC is deserving of its ranking. My biggest complaint is that the DemGaz poll is mostly devoid of any logic or reasoning. Either way, it's just a poll and we'll all see how it plays out in March.

Elvis Hoggoblin

Well Chief.....according to these experts on here I guess that it is a waste of time for our West teams to even venture down to Hot spring next month.  We will see I guess.

Grond

All this conversation about the various conferences makes me wish there was a "Hooten's BASKETBALL" as well as the Hooten's Football.  :'(

Good to see Forrest City up there............and GREAT to see PARAGOULD!!! Yeah!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

hogfan7

Quote from: Grond on February 09, 2016, 11:58:04 am
All this conversation about the various conferences makes me wish there was a "Hooten's BASKETBALL" as well as the Hooten's Football.  :'(

Good to see Forrest City up there............and GREAT to see PARAGOULD!!! Yeah!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Paragould doesn't make it past the first round in state tourney.

mijally

I can't wait for the match ups. I'd like to see LRCA play Hot Springs and watch Demarea Crockett go against Cleo Floyd.  Now that's worth admission.

Ponca

Quote from: hogfan7 on February 09, 2016, 01:17:28 pm
Quote from: Grond on February 09, 2016, 11:58:04 am

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Paragould doesn't make it past the first round in state tourney.

The sad thing is 4 of the best teams in state won't make it out of the 1st round since Central matches up with West in 1st round this season. Of the best 11 teams, only 7 will make it to the 2nd round. Then it will be wide open. Demozette did get one thing right. Hot Springs is deserving of the top spot and the team to beat.

Ponca

Quote from: mijally on February 09, 2016, 01:23:39 pm
I can't wait for the match ups. I'd like to see LRCA play Hot Springs and watch Demarea Crockett go against Cleo Floyd.  Now that's worth admission.

no kidding. the other matchup I want to see is the Forrest City kid go against the Maumelle kid.

mijally

Or you're boy Atwell against Bankston from Fair.

lyckedesplit1

Wow Arkansas 5A is going 2 hve the real deal March Madness. Can't Waite 😆😆😆😆

mijally

Lawson Korita and PA against Exavian Christon and Hot Springs

sportsguy80

I want to see how the other teams play and matchup against Exavian Christon from Hot Springs. For his size he can get to the rim at will and finish.

kingoftherapids

Quote from: mijally on February 09, 2016, 02:05:43 pm
Lawson Korita and PA against Exavian Christon and Hot Springs
With hot springs, it isn't one. its 6. from what i see thats what makes them so good. going down and beating the #3 team in texas isn't just done with having one star. its a collection and their coach has them all on the same page. its pretty crazy to see.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas