• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harrison at PA

Started by PA Dad, November 10, 2017, 09:42:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

BEFORE THE GAME IS EVEN PLAYED

PA fans be like...

Harrison fans be like...

GO GOBS!!!

Deuceswild

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 17, 2017, 06:42:33 am
Game will be close to a mercy rule by halftime.
Nah PA is pretty good, i bet they hang around til the middle of the 3rd at least, but ya never know? I heard we are changing to the girls soccer jerseys at half time 😍

Maynard G Krebs

Cannot compete with the graphics, so I'll simply say :)

GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PrivateLesson

I just came here for the Graphics! 

Go Postal

Quote from: Deuceswild on November 17, 2017, 08:19:03 am
Nah PA is pretty good, i bet they hang around til the middle of the 3rd at least, but ya never know? I heard we are changing to the girls soccer jerseys at half time 😍
Some people on here won't understand that.  Here's the records so they can see what you mean.

CLASS 5A
2017 - Harrison (Runner-up Maumelle)<<<<
2016 - Harrison (Runner-up Pulaski Academy)
2015 - Little Rock Christian (Runner-up Pulaski Academy)
2014 - Harrison (Runner-up Pulaski Academy)
2013 - Shiloh Christian (Runner-up Harrison)
2012 – Central Arkansas Christian (Runner-up LR Christian)
2011 – Harrison (Runner-up LR Christian)
2010 – Little Rock Christian (Runner-up Pulaski Academy)
2009 – Little Rock Christian (Runner-up Central Arkansas Christian)
2008 – Pulaski Academy (Runner-up LR Christian)
2007 – Pulaski Academy (Runner-up LR Christian)
2006 – Central Arkansas Christian (Runner-up Pulaski Academy)
2005 – Pulaski Academy (Runner-up Little Rock Christian)
2004 – Harrison (Runner-up Arkadelphia)
2003 – Pulaski Academy (Runner-up Harrison)
2002 – Harrison (Runner-up Searcy)

Go Postal

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 17, 2017, 08:20:43 am
Cannot compete with the graphics, so I'll simply say :)

GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll help you with that.

GO BRUINS! >-----------< GO GOBS!

Maynard G Krebs

Go Postal

Quote from: PrivateLesson on November 17, 2017, 08:29:25 am
I just came here for the Graphics!
This is for my buddy with the green eyes...

GO GOBS!

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Go Postal on November 17, 2017, 09:33:56 am
This is for my buddy with the green eyes...

GO GOBS!
Love....Thanks, Postal!  :)

Paw-Paw

Quote from: Go Postal on November 17, 2017, 08:18:32 am
BEFORE THE GAME IS EVEN PLAYED

PA fans be like...

Harrison fans be like...

GO GOBS!!!

I think this is the best one yet Postal! +1

High Voltage

35-0 PA, Friday Morning!

Go Postal

When the Bruins score on the Goblins, PA fans be like...

When the Goblins score on the Bruins, Harrison fans be like...

Red Devil Alum

Postal, you are very talented at this message board stuff. 

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 17, 2017, 12:31:03 pm
Postal, you are very talented at this message board stuff.

Go Postal gives me yet another reason to feel inadequate 😜😜😜😜😜

MDXPHD

Y'all enjoy the thread a bit longer, Postal and Harrison should realize their season is over about the end of the first quarter.

Go Postal

MB Hog

Quote from: PA Dad on November 12, 2017, 11:19:26 pm
What about the other Harrison and PA posters?
I'm an off and on poster for PA.  I'll look for you all if I get there in time.  We rarely make it until right at kickoff.

MB Hog

Quote from: Deuceswild on November 17, 2017, 02:18:11 am
Well if we gain 3-4 yards at a time vs his 8 yd a carry avg. tell me again how that benefits PA? The clock doesn't stop til there's a first down right? Just something to think about. If we are scoring on our drives, Huskey will not be needed. Don't get me wrong, he a a truly valued commodity but several different kids know how to get to pay dirt, hopefully he is healthy for next week. 🤔
Maybe... but you sometimes need that 8 yards to make up for a negative play.  One or two drives without scoring against PA can completely change the game if you can't keep PA from scoring themselves.  And then there are those constant onsides kicks.  If PA gets one or two of those... and scores, the point spread gets pretty difficult to overcome if you are getting 3 - 4 yards at a time.

That said, I really hate it for the kid and for Harrison that he is out.  Much like the game earlier this year against the Louisiana team; they lost their superstar QB and WR to injuries.  PA beat them badly enough that I doubt having them would have changed the final result, but I'm sure the score would have been closer and we'd have enjoyed the victory more knowing that we had beaten them at their best.

FYI - I haven't seen a down of Harrison football, so I have no idea what to expect.  If you all can pass the ball pretty well, then you have a good chance to score a lot of points.  Pass defense is definitely one of our biggest weaknesses this year.

Go Postal

November 17, 2017, 05:00:07 pm #168 Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 05:05:58 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: the voice on November 16, 2017, 09:47:39 pm
Don't mean to say they're a one person team posty, just saying that guy is a difference maker!!!
No worries, voice. Goblins will be more like the slower East conference type team but that actually can pass the ball. ;)

Go Postal

Quote from: Go Postal on November 17, 2017, 07:16:51 am
This game will be streamed on the links below.

Pulaski Academy Sports

https://youtu.be/Kk5e6LBLhI0

GobTV

Also on Harrison's local radio Kool 96.1 with the Jim and Marty's "Yahtzee" Show.
Bumping this up for people to have the live stream links.

GO GOBLINS!

Go Postal

Good luck to both teams.

GO GOBLINS!!!

Red Devil Alum

InYoGrill

Be nice to have Hatcher sit out the second half since Husky couldn't play the whole game. Just sayin.  ;D

Yellowcake

Pretty disappointed at all the noshows at pregame meeting. Was just me.
Dueceswild, you wearing a 2 hoodie?
Whole game turned on a pick by PA Defense.
Harrison solid team.
Qb is good.
Kids are a class act.

PA Dad

It was just you.  We met in the east end zone.  Good meeting.

STBruin

They called Husky's name earlier in the game...but he looked like one of his arms was heavily taped up.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 17, 2017, 08:22:00 pm
Pretty disappointed at all the noshows at pregame meeting. Was just me.
Dueceswild, you wearing a 2 hoodie?
Whole game turned on a pick by PA Defense.
Harrison solid team.
Qb is good.
Kids are a class act.

Deuceswild has photographic proof the meeting  happened.  You go to wrong endzone ?

Go Postal

Quote from: STBruin on November 17, 2017, 08:23:41 pm
They called Husky's name earlier in the game...but he looked like one of his arms was heavily taped up.
Caleb Huskey is a Senior and Gabe's older brother.

Red Devil Alum

For all the talk about PA's defense, it's been pretty good since the LRCA game.

Maynard G Krebs

November 17, 2017, 09:03:57 pm #179 Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 09:36:28 pm by Maynard G Krebs
Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 17, 2017, 08:40:23 pm
For all the talk about PA's defense, it's been pretty good since the LRCA game.

3 INT and several sacks

Go Postal

Maynard G Krebs

Goblins were better sized than I expected and they are a good team.   Good sportsmanship from both teams.   Congrats to both teams,  great seasons

Deuceswild

Heck of a job, we will see everyone at the Championship game. I will post on Twitter same handle there too

PA Dad

Quote from: Deuceswild on November 17, 2017, 10:04:26 pm
Heck of a job, we will see everyone at the Championship game. I will post on Twitter same handle there too

It was great to meet you tonight.  Your son is a heck of an athlete.

PA Bruin Fan

PA players said Harrison were the nicest guys they've ever played.  Would hit hard during the play and then help both teams up. 

Yellowcake

Oh my gosh, I was in the west end. Wow.
I did meet dueceswild, his wife and son post game. Photo evidence of that exists!
What nice folks.
Harrison kids.....A+ classy bunch.

Red Devil Alum

This game had more players helping each other up and helmet taps than I've seen in a long while. Great season Harrison, I wish you had been at full strength tonight.

STBruin

Clean game, with players helping each other up, no trash talking...very impressed with the Harrison players and fans!

Deuce your son had a heck of a game, pleasure meeting you!

PA Dad

I second what other PA posters said.  The Harrison players are classy and great sportsmen.   So are the Harrison fans.  Man, they were loud and enthusiastic and I love that.  They also didn't boo the officials which is another sign of class.  PA recovered one onside kick that was touched by a PA player before it travelled 10 yards.  It was a pretty obvious call but the ball was awarded to PA.  I heard no boos from the Harrison fans.

I look for Harrison to be back in the thick of things next year.  Congrats on a great year.

Deuceswild

We really appreciate the hospitality from all of you and we will see you all in 2 weeks at WMS. We will bring a change of clothes at half time so we fit in 😂. Really appreciate all the comments about my son and the class that our players have. That comes from great coaching(definitely didn't get that from me😂) my son and i have been tracking your athletes for a few years now and glad we finally got a taste of it. Prayers go out to your player, glad to see him get back out after the game and let me know where #4 goes to play. I got a place in mind for him if somehow he gets overlooked in the offseason. Great athletes on the field tonight. Nothing to be ashamed of on either side.PS Tell Coach Kelley i said he must be scared of the small kid on the field cuz he never threw it his way.😂Also Postal gimme a step by step of how to put in a picture or send me your email address to jonesin7@windstream.net, i got some pics to share

Go Postal

I am so proud of the boys and girl players on this Harrison team.  They have had a great 8-4 season this year sticking it out through thick and thin.  They are the first team in a long time that I have seen that really worked together as a unit and not for individual glory.  They are the ones that have gotten the Goblins to the Quarterfinals for the first time since 2003 when most of these players.had just learned to walk and talk.  A very classy and talented bunch of kids which a lot of them are Sophomores that played this year  and from what I heard is that we have some very talented 7th, 8th and 9th graders moving up.
Coach Wells has done a marvelous task of shaping this Goblin program since he arrived and I already can't wait until next year. 
Now for basketball and especially for soccer to see if we can stay in first place of all of the boys/girls soccer teams in the State of Arkansas by getting that 13th State Championship trophy. ;)

High Voltage

This just in, PA just scored again!

Deuceswild

Wanted to share our weekly photos with you all. Go to Facebook, type in Harrison Goblin Football, there's like 500 action shots from the game, they are all free for the taking for the families of the athletes who played last night. Save em, share em or just embrace the moments that these young men had. It was an honor to be a part of it, glad to meet so many PA posters and those pics are there too. Maynard, PAdad, yellowcake, all of ya, appreciate the hospitality, but this PA crow tastes aweful 😂

Overdahill

Quote from: Go Postal on November 13, 2017, 12:34:19 pm

Maynard, I'm not sure if that's a good idea.  Remember what happened to your cousin Gilligan.

Sorry I missed the EndZone photo opp but fortunately I caught the lifestream from Maynard's yacht here 8)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas