• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tmycjy pick for quarter finals of playoffs

Started by tmycjy, November 11, 2017, 01:06:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tmycjy

Tmycjy pick for the quarter final of playoff

Wynne 31  8) ( 10-1 Wynne won a huge game last week over the number 2 team in 5A LR Christian 56-42 this week wynne  plays at home against Morrilton  and win to move there season to 11-1  and Simi finals the question here is with wynne  playing there best games right now who know how far they go will they win this game only time will tell for sure )
Morrilton 19  :P ( 8-3 Morrilton won a huge game last week by knocking off the 1 seed watson Chapel 41-20 this week they go on the road to wynne to face wynne sorry to say but glad to say that they lose this game to end there season at 8-4 and quarter final the question is with a 4 way tie for the west tittle is Morrilton for real only time will tell for sure )

Alma 26   ??? ( 7-4 Alma won last week over White Hall 28-9 this week alma take on a real good LR McClellan sorry to say they lose this game to end there season at 7-5 and quarter finals the question here is just like Morrilton is alma for real only time will tell for sure )
LR McClellan 38  8) (  8-3 LRMC  won last week over a good Batesville team  16-12  this week they must travel to alma to play glad to say they win this game to move there season to 9-3 and Simi finals the question here is just kinda like wynne they playing there best ball at the right time will they win this game only time will tell for sure )

Nettleton 31 :) ( 10-1 Nettleton fought off a scare last week by beat Sylvan Hills 35-33 to move on this week nettleton plays host to Greenbrier and win to move there season to 11-1 and Simi finals the question here is with nettleton  in a area they kinda never been how far can they go will they win this game only time will tell for sure )
Greenbrier 19 ( 7-4  Greenbrier won last week over Camden 23-6 this week greenbrier must travel to nettleton to take the nettleton test sorry to say they lose this game to end there season at 7-5 and quarter finals the question here is just like Morrilton and alma are they for real only time will tell for sure )

Pulaski Academy 48 ;D ( 11-0 PA won last week over Valley view 57-21 this week they play host to Harrison and win to move there season to 12-0 and Simi final the question here is will they win there 4th straight state tittle only time will tell for sure )
Harrison 22 :( ( 8-3 Harrison won a huge game last week over HSLS 56-36 This week they must travel to PA to play sorry to say they lose this game to end there season at 8-4 and quarter final the question here is just like Morrilton, Alma and greenbrier are they for real only time will tell for sure )

Here is my records for each week
Week 1 26-4
Week 2 25-4
Week 3 25-4
Week 4 14-2
Week 5 13-3
Week 6 13-3
Week 7 12-4
Week 8 14-2
Week 9 13-3
Week 10 15-1
1st round 7-1

For a season total of 177- 31

This my pick for the quarter final so good luck to all team this week

Reamber play with pride this week there are 24 school that are watching u play Friday night and 8 of these school will hang the gear up Monday so in my book u are 24 team better then them because u are still playing so good luck to all

the voice

Being better than 24 others makes them all top ten teams. Yeah all these are for real.

The Future

Wynne and Nettleton I can agree with.
I think Alma could surprise you.

I also think PA will roll but both teams will score more than what you've predicted.

MDXPHD

Quote from: the voice on November 11, 2017, 01:31:21 pm
Being better than 24 others makes them all top ten teams. Yeah all these are for real.

You do know that the 8 years left doesn't make them better than the other 24 right? It has a lot to do with the conferencces and the brackets. That's so sad if you think otherwise lol.

the voice

I said 8 left all being top ten. That leaves two spots for debate.

MDXPHD

Quote from: the voice on November 11, 2017, 03:31:11 pm
I said 8 left all being top ten. That leaves two spots for debate.

Well, thats still sad. That's not how it works. That's like saying the two in the finals are the best that year too, and we have see far too many times where that's not true.

the voice

It's not exact I will agree. There's room for debate. It seems regardless of what's said or how it's gonna be sad or wrong in your eyes. l can agree that has often been times where the best didn't make the championship game. However the two that make it will have earned their ticket through a playoff system agreed to be accepted by member schools of the AAA.

The Future

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 11, 2017, 03:38:06 pm
Well, thats still sad. That's not how it works. That's like saying the two in the finals are the best that year too, and we have see far too many times where that's not true.

I disagree big time.

The two teams in the finals are the two best that year because they won when they needed to win and made it to the finals when 30 others didn't.

It's just like when a underdog beats a powerhouse. Maybe 99 times of 100 the powerteam wins. Maybe on paper and in every stat and in every aspect of football, team A is miles better than team B. But on that given night, team B is the better team because they won when they needed to win.

I see where you're coming from with your statement of seeing many times it's not the case where the 2 finalist aren't the better teams.
In 2011 Greenwood played Camden in the semis while Batesville played and beat someone else in the other semi game. Everyone knew the Greenwood Camden winner would be your state champs. But the following game when Greenwood and Batesville met in the title game, they were the 2 best in the class. Even though Camden most likely woulda beat Batesville as well, Camden didn't win when they needed to while Batesville did.

We've all heard the rule that the better team wins most of the time but the better team on that given night wins every time. Well same goes on a bigger scale. The final 2 teams that given year are the two best in the class. And if an underdog happens to beat the powerhouse for the championship, then for that given year the underdog is the best team in the class. Because what makes the best team the best isn't just that they win. It's that they win when they need to.

MDXPHD

Quote from: The Future on November 11, 2017, 03:54:17 pm
I disagree big time.

The two teams in the finals are the two best that year because they won when they needed to win and made it to the finals when 30 others didn't.

It's just like when a underdog beats a powerhouse. Maybe 99 times of 100 the powerteam wins. Maybe on paper and in every stat and in every aspect of football, team A is miles better than team B. But on that given night, team B is the better team because they won when they needed to win.

I see where you're coming from with your statement of seeing many times it's not the case where the 2 finalist aren't the better teams.
In 2011 Greenwood played Camden in the semis while Batesville played and beat someone else in the other semi game. Everyone knew the Greenwood Camden winner would be your state champs. But the following game when Greenwood and Batesville met in the title game, they were the 2 best in the class. Even though Camden most likely woulda beat Batesville as well, Camden didn't win when they needed to while Batesville did.

We've all heard the rule that the better team wins most of the time but the better team on that given night wins every time. Well same goes on a bigger scale. The final 2 teams that given year are the two best in the class. And if an underdog happens to beat the powerhouse for the championship, then for that given year the underdog is the best team in the class. Because what makes the best team the best isn't just that they win. It's that they win when they need to.

Different perspectives I guess. Sometimes the bracket favors a weaker team. 2011 is exactly what I'm thinking of. We just view that differently I guess because I think Batesville would've lost to 3 teams on the other side that season. It was brutal. I don't think they were one of the top two teams, and you seem to think they were. I understand where you're coming from, I just disagree with that logic.

Overdahill

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 11, 2017, 04:01:10 pm
Different perspectives I guess. Sometimes the bracket favors a weaker team. 2011 is exactly what I'm thinking of. We just view that differently I guess because I think Batesville would've lost to 3 teams on the other side that season. It was brutal. I don't think they were one of the top two teams, and you seem to think they were. I understand where you're coming from, I just disagree with that logic.

East and West with different perspectives? Go figure

Intelligentsia

I take the long view (possibly because I'm a bit long in the tooth); in 40 years few will recall anything other than Batesville reaching the final game three years in a row in the early teens. The trophies will be in the back of the case, and a proud grandpa (maybe even my son) will point out the trophy and talk about when he played three years when Batesville was runner - up.  The grandson and 98% of the folks (with the possible exception of MDX.. grandson), will "know that the Pioneers were the second best team and the hardware at the back of the case will be proof.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 11, 2017, 04:55:50 pm
I take the long view (possibly because I'm a bit long in the tooth); in 40 years few will recall anything other than Batesville reaching the final game three years in a row in the early teens. The trophies will be in the back of the case, and a proud grandpa (maybe even my son) will point out the trophy and talk about when he played three years when Batesville was runner - up.  The grandson and 98% of the folks (with the possible exception of MDX.. grandson), will "know that the Pioneers were the second best team and the hardware at the back of the case will be proof.

I concede that I would be in the other 2 percent.

Intelligentsia

PA Dad

I agree with Future.

The problem with MDX's position is that it assumes we know which teams are better than others even if the teams never play each other.  And if both teams played their normal games and nothing went wrong we might be correct in picking the winner.  But that rarely happens.  Turnovers, injuries, or one team having a bad game can effect the outcome.  So the only way to know for sure which team is better is if they play.  And if they play the winner is the better team.

MDXPHD

November 11, 2017, 05:16:22 pm #14 Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 05:18:05 pm by MDXPHD
Quote from: PA Dad on November 11, 2017, 05:09:08 pm
I agree with Future.

The problem with MDX's position is that it assumes we know which teams are better than others even if the teams never play each other.  And if both teams played their normal games and nothing went wrong we might be correct in picking the winner.  But that rarely happens.  Turnovers, injuries, or one team having a bad game can effect the outcome.  So the only way to know for sure which team is better is if they play.  And if they play the winner is the better team.

Sometimes the two top teams meet in the semis depending on the brackets. Just how it works.

PA never played GCT this year, do we know who's better?

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 11, 2017, 05:16:22 pm
Sometimes the two top teams meet in the semis depending on the brackets. That's just a fact. You like facts I thought.

That goes back to my point.  How do you know it's the two top teams?  That's an opinion, not a fact.  A fact is when one team beats another. 

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on November 11, 2017, 05:18:38 pm
That goes back to my point.  How do you know it's the two top teams?  That's an opinion, not a fact.  A fact is when one team beats another.

So is it safe to say we don't know if fc is better than PA this season? That's just not logical. You absolutely know some teams are better than others without the game being played.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 11, 2017, 05:23:10 pm
So is it safe to say we don't know if fc is better than PA this season? That's just not logical. You absolutely know some teams are better than others without the game being played.

It's logical to say that PA would beat Fair, but it's not a fact unless they play and PA wins.  And as the quality of the teams gets closer, the validity of any opinion that one is better than another becomes more questionable.  When you get to 8 teams left in the playoffs, an opinion that one is better than another is just that - an opinion.  It is not a fact.

tmycjy

Quote from: PA Dad on November 11, 2017, 05:18:38 pm
That goes back to my point.  How do you know it’s the two top teams?  That’s an opinion, not a fact.  A fact is when one team beats another. 

he got a point but the there been year where u two best team played each other in the simi final and if they was on the diffrents side of the brakets it would  be the final game

here all the years the two best team meet in the Simi Finals

2015 Pulaski Academy vs LR Christian 42-7 PA
2014 Pulaski Academy vs Batesville 42-25 p.a.
2012 Wynne VS Camden Fairview 34-21 Camden
2011 Camden vs Greenwood 34-31 Greenwood
2009 Monticello Vs Pulaski academy 34-20 Monticello
2004 Wynne VS Alma 14-7 Wynne
2003 Batesville vs Pulaski Robinson 35-0 Batesville

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on November 11, 2017, 05:40:51 pm
It's logical to say that PA would beat Fair, but it's not a fact unless they play and PA wins.  And as the quality of the teams gets closer, the validity of any opinion that one is better than another becomes more questionable.  When you get to 8 teams left in the playoffs, an opinion that one is better than another is just that - an opinion.  It is not a fact.

And if a team beats another team on one night, do we know that the winner is the better team? That's a fact? You said we would know for sure who the better team was, but would we? Or would we just know who was better that night? This is a pointless argument, but there are flaws in both of our positions. We disagree about how to determine the top two teams in the state. According to your position, you must play in the championship and if you lose, you are the second best team. I just disagree.

tmycjy

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 11, 2017, 06:42:29 pm
And if a team beats another team on one night, do we know that the winner is the better team? That's a fact? You said we would know for sure who the better team was, but would we? Or would we just know who was better that night? This is a pointless argument, but there are flaws in both of our positions. We disagree about how to determine the top two teams in the state. According to your position, you must play in the championship and if you lose, you are the second best team. I just disagree.

I agree but u can't help how the brackets come out

PA Dad

November 11, 2017, 06:49:06 pm #21 Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 06:51:12 pm by PA Dad
Quote from: MDXPHD on November 11, 2017, 06:42:29 pm

Disagreements are what make this board fun.

How do you determine if one team is better than another?  Isn't that why we play the games?  And the winner is the better team - we determine that based on who wins.  If that's not so, why even play?  Why don't we just ask you which teams are better and forego playing the games?

The Future

There's flaws in both positions I agree. I just think mdxphd's position leads to more guessing and opinions and less hard evidence.

But either way, the goal that is wanted gets claimed. Someone wins the title. We don't set out to become the runner up. No teams goal is to be the second best team. The goal of the playoffs is to determine the best team. So whether the two best teams meet in the semis or at state, the best team this year will win. I use the 2011 game as example again. Greenwood and Camden many said were the two best in 5A. And the winner would beat the winner from ththe other semi game. Well had Camden been in the other semi game and won and Greenwood met Camden at state and won there, the goal of the best team winning the title still happened.

MDX, It's not a pointless argument what you said about knowing if the better team won or the better team that night won. Because like PADad I believe said that's how we find out who is better. If we went by simply saying well PA is better than Greene Tech so PA wins, then literally there is no reason to even play the games. You just look at the 14 week schedules and circle the winner and then mail the winner of the bracket their rings. If GCT happened to beat PA, yea 99 times of 100 PA would win but that one game upset is what football is all about.

walkingguy72396

It is also my feeling that all of the teams that lose to the State Champions in the Play-offs should get runner-up Trophies.

Trophy factories need the business.

Overdahill

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 11, 2017, 07:43:22 pm
It is also my feeling that all of the teams that lose to the State Champions in the Play-offs should get runner-up Trophies.

Trophy factories need the business.

+1  Crown Trophy Company  ;D

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on November 11, 2017, 06:49:06 pm
Disagreements are what make this board fun.

How do you determine if one team is better than another?  Isn't that why we play the games?  And the winner is the better team - we determine that based on who wins.  If that's not so, why even play?  Why don't we just ask you which teams are better and forego playing the games?

Well you could ask me, and I would be right, but it's more fun the way we do it now. And like the future said, the main goal is to win the championship. I think the team that wins the ship I'd the best that night and has earned it that year.

I do disagree about who the better team is just because of a victory that night. Greenwood and LRCA played one year and LRCA beat them pretty good. We're they the better team? Nope, but they were just that one night. Greenwood cleared any doubt up in the championship that season. Im just saying, just because two teams play in the finals doesn't make them the two best teams. And regardless of the arguments, I know some years it's very obvious that the two best meet in the semifinals, even though we don't want to admit that.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 11, 2017, 08:40:30 pm
Well you could ask me, and I would be right, but it's more fun the way we do it now. And like the future said, the main goal is to win the championship. I think the team that wins the ship I'd the best that night and has earned it that year.

I do disagree about who the better team is just because of a victory that night. Greenwood and LRCA played one year and LRCA beat them pretty good. We're they the better team? Nope, but they were just that one night. Greenwood cleared any doubt up in the championship that season. Im just saying, just because two teams play in the finals doesn't make them the two best teams. And regardless of the arguments, I know some years it's very obvious that the two best meet in the semifinals, even though we don't want to admit that.

It may be obvious to you but that doesn't make it a fact.  Others may disagree.  What makes you right and them wrong?

The last two times PA played Wynne in the championship game you picked Wynne to win.  That must have been obvious to you.  But you were wrong.  Often in error but never in doubt?  Should we just take your word for it? 

And it's just nonsense to say the best team doesn't always win.  There is no need to play the game if the winner doesn't determine the best team.  You can argue all you want that it only determines the best team that night.  That night is all that matters.

MDXPHD

The best team is ALWAYS the one that wins. And the second best team each year is always the one that loses in the finals. You are correct, as usual.  I concede.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 11, 2017, 09:01:26 pm
The best team is ALWAYS the one that wins. And the second best team each year is always the one that loses in the finals. You are correct, as usual.  I concede.

What?  That's no fun!

PA Dad

I just noticed that these picks show that the West gets shutout.  What do the West posters say to that?

The Future

Quote from: PA Dad on November 11, 2017, 11:49:30 pm
I just noticed that these picks show that the West gets shutout.  What do the West posters say to that?

Well it might be because none of the 4 West teams are my team but I feel these are very sound picks. Sucks yea, but it's very possible the West could get swept.
Alma, Morrilton, and Greenbrier are all capable of winning their games but could also lose as well. And Harrison's chances are very slim.

I'm going with law of average here. 4 games with a West team in each game. I'm picking at least one West team to advance. Alma and Morrilton definitely have what it takes to advance. Greenbrier might need Nettleton to make some mistakes here and there. And Harrison will need PA to have a big off night.

All 4 of these games look very entertaining. Gonna be a good night Friday night.

tmycjy

pantherblue

Quote from: The Future on November 12, 2017, 06:45:54 am
Well it might be because none of the 4 West teams are my team but I feel these are very sound picks. Sucks yea, but it's very possible the West could get swept.
Alma, Morrilton, and Greenbrier are all capable of winning their games but could also lose as well. And Harrison's chances are very slim.

I'm going with law of average here. 4 games with a West team in each game. I'm picking at least one West team to advance. Alma and Morrilton definitely have what it takes to advance. Greenbrier might need Nettleton to make some mistakes here and there. And Harrison will need PA to have a big off night.

All 4 of these games look very entertaining. Gonna be a good night Friday night.

If the same defense that held camden fairview to a season low 6 points in the play off game and went on the road to beat Harrison and Morrilton shows up then I have faith in the Panthers to win....  If that team doesn't show up I still think it will be a close game...

tmycjy

tmycjy

tmycjy

Tmycjy goes in quarter finals 4-0 for a season total of 181-31

My upside of the night I'm 7-1 in the 1st 2 round of playoffs

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas